View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:44 AM   #3
rondwisan

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Re: Youngster News - Rumor

06/08/2009 10:31 - ManUtd.com, Steve Bartram & Gemma Thompson
Ritchie relishes OT run-out

Following a promising first team debut in last season's final game at Hull, Ritchie De Laet showed he is equally comfortable on the Old Trafford stage after impressing in the Reds' friendly win over Valencia.

The energetic right-back looked solid in defence and ably supported Antonio Valencia in attack with a series of dangerous bursts forward, particularly in the opening period.

De Laet thoroughly enjoyed his first run-out on home soil and is happy with his progress to date.

"I only found out I was playing when the boss did his team talk," he told MUTV. "It was short notice but I’m a professional and you need to handle that.

"I felt nervous in the first few minutes, but when you do a couple of good things and you’ve got Rio Ferdinand telling you you’re doing well, the nerves go down and you get on with the game.

"I'm really enjoying myself at the moment and it’s a dream to play in front of this crowd every week with a United shirt on.

"But I’m under no illusions – I need some experience. I know you only get experience by playing so whatever the boss says, I’m ready for it."