Thread: Jesse Lingard
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
rondwisan

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Jesse Lingard

13/09/2011 15:06 - ManUtd.com, Adam Marshall
Lingard glad to be tested

Jesse Lingard admits he appreciates being tested to the full at Reserves level.

The midfielder enjoyed a tremendous pre-season, emerging as one of the top scorers for Warren Joyce's side after being part of last term's successful FA Youth Cup-winning team.

Although he picked up an injury against Bury recently, the 18-year-old hit one of the best goals of the second-string's campaign so far in the victory against Swansea.

"It's been good," he told MUTV. "I'm enjoying my football as I've been playing a lot and scoring a lot. I couldn't ask for a better start really.

"It's a lot more physical playing against men now. It's faster as well so I've got to adapt to that.

"The boss [Joyce] has a craic a lot of the time but he's serious more of the time and motivates you on the pitch. He's a good manager.

"His training sessions are killers! He works us hard, and I mean hard, but they are enjoyable. The heart-rate monitor goes through the roof but he does give us a rest now and again."
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote