View Single Post
Old 31-07-2018, 09:24 AM   #26
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [2018-2019] Manchester United ~ Transfer Rumors

Jose Mourinho believes he will only secure 'one, not two' of his transfer targets before window closes

* Manchester United manager has spoken of desire to sign two new players
* Jose Mourinho accepts every manager wants more and cannot always have it
* Portuguese said: 'I'm confident I'll get one, but I think I'm not going to get two'
* He thinks lack of 'commercial' distractions helped Paul Pogba at World Cup

Jose Mourinho believes he will secure one of his two targeted signings before the transfer window closes.

The Manchester United boss admitted he always wants more but accepts that one new addition may have to suffice.

When asked whether he is confident of sealing deals for both targets, Mourinho told BeIn Sports: ': 'No, I'm confident I'll get one, but I think I'm not going to get two, which is not a drama.

'I think in every pre-season it is probably the same with every club. The manager wants more, it is our nature, it is our way of being, you always want more.

'But club decisions are different and you normally don't get what you want. So if I get one player until the end of the marker, that's fine.

United are keen on both Harry Maguire and Yerry Mina but £52million Fred is United's only major addition this summer so Mourinho is clear on his side to start the season.

'I more or less know my best starting team, it's not going to be very different, we have basically the same players. One transfer is a cover goalkeeper and the other a 19-year-old kid, so the one new player is Fred.'

Jose Mourinho believes he will be able to sign one, not two of his Manchester United targets. Harry Maguire is a target for the United boss but Leicester are playing hardball. The Portuguese accepts that every manager always wants more in the transfer window

And despite the lack of transfer activity, the 55-year-old is happy for the early closure of the window this year.

'I'm not a fan of some players starting the Premier League with one club and a couple of weeks later. What I don't agree is that the Premier League starts now, you look to other countries, countries with lots of players who played at the World Cup, they start later,' he added.

And Mourinho also remarked on Paul Pogba's impressive World Cup campaign, interestingly pointing out that the midfielder thrived without commercial and personal distractions in Russia.

'The World Cup takes one month and for the month the players are in the closed camp, isolated from the external world, isolated from commercial compromises and every possible influence.

'When they get to the knockout stages and they think they can win the World Cup it becomes a closed shell and they just think about football,' he concluded.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6009025/Jose-Mourinho-believes-secure-one-not-two-transfer-targets.html