Thread: Alexis Sanchez
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 09:34 AM   #216
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alexis Sanchez

'I have great affection for Arsenal... beating Spurs every time was a great joy': Former Gunner Alexis Sanchez admits he'd take extra pleasure from knocking Tottenham out of the Champions League with Marseille

* Tottenham are set to face Marseille in the Champion League on Tuesday
* Former Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez is hoping to knock Tottenham out
* Sanchez was a favourite at the Emirates Stadium between 2014 and 2018
* Sanchez scored 80 goals in 166 games but left for Manchester United

Alexis Sanchez warned Tottenham he is looking to conjure more magical moments at their expense ahead of tonight's Champions League win-or-bust showdown in Marseille.

'I have great affection for Arsenal and great memories from my time there, and beating Spurs, every time it was very special,' said Sanchez. 'These are memories I hold close to my heart and cherish.'

He is one of four players with Arsenal ties in the ranks at Marseille, who will qualify for the last 16 if they win at the Stade Velodrome, a result that would send Spurs tumbling into the Europa League. The others are Matteo Guendouzi, Sead Kolasinac and Nuno Tavares, who is spending this season on loan from the Emirates Stadium.

'Every player has motivation to play and win,' added 33-year-old Sanchez. 'We want to bring the victory back. We want to progress and are working to do so.

'I'm here to be victorious for the team, playing for the fans, and the atmosphere drives us on. We're at home, so we have the capabilities to do it.'

The Chilean forward has a strong record against Tottenham. He lost only one of the seven north London derbies he played in and scored in two of them.

Tottenham are set to face Marseille in the Champion League on Tuesday evening. Sanchez was a favourite at the Emirates Stadium between 2014 and 2018, scoring 80 goals. However, Sanchez left Arsenal to join Premier League giants Manchester United

He returned to haunt Spurs further with a goal for Manchester United in an FA Cup semi-final before joining Inter Milan, where he won the Serie A title under Antonio Conte — now in charge of Tottenham but banned from the touchline for this critical game after his red card against Sporting Lisbon.

'We had a great experience together but he is a very demanding coach,' said Sanchez, when asked about Conte.

'If you don't give 100 per cent you don't play the next game.'

Marseille signed Sanchez on a free from Inter in the summer but he did not play in their 2-0 loss at Tottenham in September because he was serving a ban from last season.

'No one wins with just desire,' said Marseille boss Igor Tudor. 'You win with a good plan and by avoiding mistakes. It is the game of the year due to the importance of this fixture.

'It is a really top opportunity for the boys to reach the knockouts but don't forget we are an outsider.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11374647/Alexis-Sanchez-says-affection-Arsenal-admits-beating-Spurs-joy.html