View Single Post
Old 16-02-2017, 04:57 PM   #15
Riskur
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter
Default Re: [EL] Manchester United vs AS Saint-Etienne

Profile: Paul Pogba's brother, Florentin

Did you know that Paul Pogba is not the only member of his family in football? His elder twin brothers Florentin and Mathias are also professional players, and the former will face Manchester United with AS Saint-Etienne in Thursday’s Europa League Round of 32 tie at Old Trafford. Here, ManUtd.com’s French journalist Sébastien Aucourt provides an insight into the 26-year-old defender…

“I watched the draw and when I saw who we got my reaction was: ‘Yes, that’s a dream that’s going to be fulfilled,’” Florentin said this week. His dream to play against Paul is shared by his whole family, too. “They will all be in the stadium watching, including Mathias, I think.”

Florentin was born in Conakry on 19 August 1990 and he left Guinea’s capital city with his parents to set up in France when he was only eight months old. Paul was born there three years later and now represents Les Bleus, but his 26-year-old brother plays for Guinea and currently has 12 caps.

The versatile defender played for different clubs in the Paris area until he joined a Spanish Academy, Celta Vigo, in 2007. He then completed a successful trial at CS Sedan-Ardennes in 2009 (a second-tier club at the time who are now in the third tier) and his excellent performances with the Reserves enabled him to sign his first professional contract in March 2010.

Florentin later transferred to Saint-Etienne in June 2013 and, in the three-and-a-half years since, he has registered 87 appearances and scored two goals. A strong defender of large build (1.87 metres in height, 86 kg in weight), he began his career as a left-back but can also operate in the middle.

Although he has long been considered a replacement for the club’s first-choice centre-backs, Saint-Etienne manager Christophe Galtier has successfully put his faith in him at left-back for the last couple of matches, with the Guinean proving to be strong defensively while also providing a dangerous outlet in the attacking third with his inviting crosses into the penalty area.

Interestingly, Florentin also supports one of United’s Premier League rivals. "Arsenal are the club of my heart," he explained this week, ahead of visiting Old Trafford. "I’ve supported them ever since the Invincibles – what a team! The downside of being a professional is you rarely get a chance to go to watch other teams so I’ve never actually been to the Emirates. But one day I will, hopefully."

In another recent interview about his younger brother and upcoming opponent, Florentin admitted he is likely to swap shirts following the final whistle, yet all pleasantries will be on hold during the game itself.

"I may have to mark him," he said. "It may be Zlatan Ibrahimovic or another player but I think I will mark my brother. It seems more logical as I know him. I would do so as against any other player, with the same determination.”

Whoever Florentin does mark at Old Trafford, the Pogba versus Pogba duel is sure to be fascinating.

Menarik, sebelum pertandingan melawan AS Saint-Etienne berlangsung, saudara dari Paul Pogba yaitu Florentin Pogba kita banyak di sorot2 media di karenakan akan berhadapan dengan sang adik yg ada di Manchester