View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 05:38 PM   #7
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [UEL] Anderlecht vs Manchester United

EARLY TEAM NEWS FOR ANDERLECHT CLASH

Jose Mourinho could welcome back two first-team stars for Manchester United's crucial Europa League quarter-final first leg against Anderlecht.

Goalkeeper David De Gea missed Sunday's 3-0 victory at Sunderland with a hip problem and right-back Antonio Valencia has been absent for the last two games after also sitting out Tuesday's draw with Everton.

Speaking to MUTV after the win at the Stadium of Light, Mourinho says he expects Valencia to be ready for Thursday's European test in Brussels.

“We played with the players available [against Sunderland]," he said. "Not one single player stayed in Manchester because we were thinking about resting them, or because we were thinking about rotation or about Anderlecht. Not at all.

“These are the players available at the moment and, when I look to the others, I just expect Valencia to be ready to play and no more, I don't think. I don't think any one of the other boys will be ready to play.”

Mourinho was without six players on Sunday, as De Gea joined Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Ashley Young, Juan Mata and captain Wayne Rooney in missing the Sunderland clash. The boss later gave a more detailed update on the Spanish stopper, however, after he was replaced by Sergio Romero for the match.

Romero - who impressed again in the absence of De Gea - has been a regular in the Europa League this season. And while Mourinho admits that De Gea's injury is "not serious", he suggested that the Argentinian could retain his place against Anderlecht.

“De Gea's injury is not serious and Romero every time he plays he plays so well," he added. “The fans are used to having Romero in goal in the competition [the Europa League] - that becomes the most important competition for us after winning the League Cup.

“The Europa League is the competition we can still win, so when Sergio plays in the Europa League and when we are giving him this confidence to play, it’s because we know that his answer is positive and today he looked like he was really comfortable.”

The Reds will fly out to Belgium on Wednesday, when Mourinho could provide a further update on his squad in his pre-match press conference. As always, our reporters will also be there to provide live updates of his media briefing, as well as build-up to the game.

www.manutd.com