View Single Post
Old 24-12-2014, 06:23 AM   #31
troy andreas

Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,102 Posts
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
troy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant future

Visit troy andreas's Twitter
Default Re: Manchester United - Press Conference

Van Gaal admits he is under pressure to please Sir Alex Ferguson at United

Manchester United manager grateful for predecessor's support and hints Wayne Rooney will continue in midfield.

Louis van Gaal has admitted the thought of disappointing Sir Alex Ferguson has put him under more pressure at Manchester United.

In an interview with BT Sport due to be aired on Christmas Day, Ferguson heaped praise on the Dutchman, calling the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich manager 'a great coach'.

Asked ahead of the Boxing Day clash with Newcastle about the support he's received from the former United manager since his arrival in the summer, Van Gaal said it had been 'fantastic'.

But the 63-year-old admitted the faith Ferguson has shown in him comes with its own pressure.

Van Gaal said: “Yes, it is fantastic when you come to Manchester United.

“You hope that he shall support you. When he is supporting you, because he is not only doing that this week but in other conferences he gave, he showed a lot of confidence and belief in me, and that I need a s trainer coach.

“As manager of Manchester United you need belief and support of managers such as Sir Alex but also Bobby Charlton and David Gill.

“They have the belief and I'm happy with that, then you can work in an easier way.

“But it is also a pressure because he believes in you and it gives you that pressure that you have to to get results. It is not so easy to win the Premier League matches.”

Ferguson said United will be the team to watch in the second half of the season when their lengthy injury list begins to clear.

Trending Wayne Rooney Manuel Pellegrini Manchester City Manchester United

Sport
City Centre
Music & Nightlife
Food & Drink

Home
Sport
Football
Football News
Manchester United FC

Van Gaal admits he is under pressure to please Sir Alex Ferguson at United

Dec 23, 2014 17:19
By Rob Dawson

Manchester United manager grateful for predecessor's support and hints Wayne Rooney will continue in midfield.

979 Shares
Tweet
+1
Email

Van Gaal has taken United up to third in the League after a seven-game unbeaten run

Louis van Gaal has admitted the thought of disappointing Sir Alex Ferguson has put him under more pressure at Manchester United.

In an interview with BT Sport due to be aired on Christmas Day, Ferguson heaped praise on the Dutchman, calling the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich manager 'a great coach'.

Asked ahead of the Boxing Day clash with Newcastle about the support he's received from the former United manager since his arrival in the summer, Van Gaal said it had been 'fantastic'.

But the 63-year-old admitted the faith Ferguson has shown in him comes with its own pressure.

Van Gaal said: “Yes, it is fantastic when you come to Manchester United.

“You hope that he shall support you. When he is supporting you, because he is not only doing that this week but in other conferences he gave, he showed a lot of confidence and belief in me, and that I need a s trainer coach.

“As manager of Manchester United you need belief and support of managers such as Sir Alex but also Bobby Charlton and David Gill.

“They have the belief and I'm happy with that, then you can work in an easier way.

“But it is also a pressure because he believes in you and it gives you that pressure that you have to to get results. It is not so easy to win the Premier League matches.”

Ferguson said United will be the team to watch in the second half of the season when their lengthy injury list begins to clear.

Van Gaal, then Barcelona manager, chats with Ferguson in November 1998

Van Gaal is set to be without Luke Shaw, Ander Herrera, Marcos Rojo, Daley Blind and Marouane Fellaini against Newcastle on Friday. Chris Smalling will face a late fitness test after missing the games against Liverpool and Aston Villa with a groin injury.

United are unbeaten at home since their defeat to Swansea on the opening day of the season.

Van Gaal says they have turned Old Trafford back into a 'fortress' after losing seven home games in the Premier League last season.

But ahead of Newcastle's visit, he challenged his players to make their home form even better.

He said: “I have said after the first loss against Swansea that it’s a pity we came back from the United States and won everything and then lost our first match in the Premier League.

“We want to build a fortress at Old Trafford, but we have made that already because we have won a lot. Also, with very great results 3-0 and 4-0.

“I’m happy with that but then we have to continue because seven (wins) is too few I think. So we have to continue and that’s the most difficult point because it is not easy to win games in the Premier League."

Last season's awful home record led to some teams changing their approach at Old Trafford, choosing to attack much more than they had in previous years.

Van Gaal says he has noticed teams sitting deeper at Old Trafford this season as their form has improved but the United manager insists opposing teams have 'a right' to focus on defending away from home.

Van Gaal said: “Maybe that’s true but they can play how they want because that is their right I’ve always said that, that’s why it’s more difficult.

“My record in away matches are not so bad when you compare it with my home matches as a trainer-coach.

“Because away the teams are more open but here they want to defend which is why it’s more difficult.

“That’s why we want to create a certain play style where we can dominate.

“I am saying every week that we are dominate for 45-60 minutes we must do it for 90 minutes. We did that against Hull, which was a very good match.”

The game against Newcastle kicks-off United's festive fixture list which includes four games in 10 days.

They face trips to Tottenham on December 28, Stoke on January 1 and an FA Cup third round tie at Yeovil on January 4, and Van Gaal revealed he will have to rotate his squad to get through the games.

He said: “For a few players it is fine because they recover very quickly but you also have players who do not recover quickly.

“So I have to rotate. My problem is I have a lot of injured players, so that’s the problem if these matches in the coming weeks. We have a lot of games coming.”

Van Gaal also revealed it's possible Wayne Rooney will continue in his midfield role over Christmas after playing in a deeper role against Liverpool and Aston Villa.

He said: “Wayne is a player who can play in different positions and I like that because I like multi-functional players, that’s why I can use him as a midfielder, also as a striker and an attacking midfielder.“

The last game he was more defensive midfielder. I like that he is also coming into the 60 metres. Because he can score goals.

“He has the ability to run from box to box and that is also a little bit that he has to feel in a match, read the match, and he can do this. But that’s a matter of time and he can do that.

“I like him closer to the area than our own goal.”

HTML Code:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/van-gaal-admits-under-pressure-8340726

"setial masa ada orangnya, setiap orang ada masanya."
troy andreas is offline   Reply With Quote