View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 12:46 AM   #4
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Manchester United Women's Team

Manchester United is delighted to announce the appointment of Casey Stoney as the Head Coach of the club’s new professional women’s team.

Casey, 36, is highly respected within the women’s football community and is an accomplished former international defender and captain, having earned 130 caps for the England women’s national team and winning 12 major trophies during her playing career.

Casey retired from playing earlier this year and after completing her coaching badges, she has been pivotal as an assistant coach to the Lionesses.

Announcing the appointment, executive vice chairman Ed Woodward said: “Appointing Casey shows the desire we have to succeed and her experience and knowledge of the game, both as a coach and as a player, made her a stand-out candidate for the role.

“During her successful playing career, spanning over 18 years, she earned over 100 caps for England and is a proven leader as a coach and having captained many of the sides she has played for, she brings a positive and winning mentality which will be a huge benefit to the team.

“Casey will build on the success of the Girls’ Regional Talent Club and shares our philosophy of creating a pathway from academy to first team. I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome her to Manchester United.”

Casey Stoney added: “I am delighted to have joined Manchester United. This the biggest club in the world. The fact that we are going to have a women’s team and I’m going to be able to introduce that from scratch, to build a team, build a philosophy, with the biggest club in the world, means that, for me, there is no more exciting opportunity.

“My ultimate aim is to grow this team so that every little girl growing up dreams of playing for Manchester United when she’s older, because they’re the most successful team in women’s football.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote