View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 03:32 PM   #446
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Siapa Manager yang dipecat musim ini ???

Leeds United confirm appointment of former RB Leipzig boss Jesse Marsch as Marcelo Bielsa's successor... and ex-USA international will be tasked with steering Premier League strugglers to safety as they hover above drop zone

* Leeds sacked Marcelo Bielsa after three-and-a-half years amid awful run of form
* Former RB Leipzig boss and USA international Jesse Marsch is his replacement
* Marsch has managed New York Red Bulls, RB Salzburg and RB Leipzig
* He lasted just 21 games at Leipzig before leaving by mutual consent in December

Leeds United have confirmed the appointment of new head coach Jesse Marsch, with the American vowing to win over supporters ‘even if they don’t like my accent’.

The 48-year-old replaces the popular Marcelo Bielsa, who was sacked on Sunday with the team two points above the relegation zone.

Marsch, who lasted only 21 games in his last job at RB Leipzig this season, will take charge of Leeds for the first time at Leicester on Saturday.

He said: ‘I have a lot to prove to our fanbase that I’m the right guy to follow such a hero like Marcelo Bielsa.

Former RB Leipzig manager Jesse Marsch has been appointed as Leeds United's new boss

‘I think the key is, if they see the team play with passion and heart and show they are clear with the playing model and are aggressive, then I think the fans will tolerate the coach, even if they don’t like his accent or he’s not as popular as the previous coach.

‘Over time, I’ve always found that I’ve had an incredibly passionate and well-connected relationship with the fanbase.’

Director of football Victor Orta, who pushed for Marsch’s appointment, said: ‘Jesse is someone we identified a number of years ago during his time at Red Bull Salzburg and we believe his philosophy and style of football aligns with that of the club and will suit the players very well.

‘We have a long-term plan and firmly believe he can take Leeds United to the next level and are excited for what the future holds.’

The two-cap former USA international, 48, has had jobs in the Red Bull programme since 2015, first taking charge at New York Red Bulls, before spells in Europe with RB Salzburg and most recently RB Leipzig.

He won back-to-back Austrian Bundesliga titles with Salzburg, but lasted just 21 games at Leipzig after replacing Julian Nagelsmann at the helm.

Marsch won eight, drew four and lost nine in the dugout at the club, before he and the club mutually agreed to part ways in December.

He has been out of work for the two months since, which will likely have been a contributing factor to his appointment at Leeds, given the club will not have needed to pay any compensation to secure his signature.

There are, though, some concerns from fans at his lack of experience in English football. He will be thrown into a relegation battle with Leeds having never played or managed in the Premier League, or the lower divisions.

Marsch is a former USA international, but has never managed in English football before. Marsch lasted 21 games in charge of RB Leipzig before leaving by mutual consent in December

Leeds have a vital run of fixtures over the next couple of months, with no games against the so-called 'Big Six' until the visit of Chelsea on April 16.

Leicester, Aston Villa and Norwich are their next three games, and Marsch will be desperate to pick up some points and extend the gap between themselves and the relegation zone.

As it stands, they are 16th in the table but only two points ahead of 18th-placed Burnley and the dreaded drop zone.

Everton and Burnley below them both have two games in hand, meaning Leeds could easily find themselves occupying a spot in the bottom three in the coming days and weeks.

Bielsa bid farewell to his players after the defeat by Spurs on Saturday, and there were plenty of gushing messages to the squad for their outgoing boss.

Bielsa's three-and-a-half year tenure came to an end when he was sacked on Sunday morning. Bielsa left with plenty of well-wishes from players and fans after taking them back to the top. Bielsa leaves Leeds with the team hovering just two points above the relegation zone

Star striker Patrick Bamford and captain Liam Cooper led the emotional tributes, with the latter posting: 'You united a club, a city & a team going nowhere. I will be forever grateful for everything you and your staff did for me and my family. A club legend of our era. Gracias Marcelo,' followed by a white heart.

Bamford posted on Instagram with the caption: 'Thank you. The man who changed everything for everyone'.

Kalvin Phillips said: 'Thank you Marcelo for everything you have done for me. You saw in me what I didn't even see in myself. You helped me grow as a player but most importantly as a person. Wishing you all the best in your next chapter. Gracias Marcelo Vamos Leeds!!'

Defender Pascal Struijk added: 'Thank you for everything Marcelo, in these past 4 years you've helped me grow into the player I am now. You have taught me so much and I will cherish that forever'.

With just one point picked up from a possible 18 in recent weeks, the writing was on the wall for Bielsa, despite his heroic work at Elland Road.

All eyes will now be on Marsch to see if he can pick up the pieces and guide Leeds to safety, and another season in the Premier League.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10559555/Leeds-confirm-appointment-former-RB-Leipzig-boss-Jesse-Marsch-Marcelo-Bielsas-successor.html
mampukah Leeds lolos dari jeratan degradasi dan bertahan di PL musim ini?