View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 09:00 PM   #11
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: Manchester United - Loan Watch 2015/16

Fletcher savours finest moment of career

Ashley Fletcher has spoken of his elation after scoring at Wembley in Barnsley's win over Oxford United in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy final at the weekend.

The on-loan Manchester United striker hit the second goal in a 3-2 triumph for the League One side and was still on cloud nine when being interviewed by the local press afterwards.

"It is the best moment of my career at the moment," he told The Yorkshire Post. "Words can’t describe situations like that. It had definitely been frustrating up until then. Oxford defended really well and handled me and Sam [Winnall], but when we get chances, we do put them away.

"There was a lot of emotion in my celebration. It is what you dream of as a boy really. Scoring in front of the Barnsley supporters was fantastic and I was visualising it in my mind on Saturday night. I didn’t really get much sleep! It has paid off and I can say I have scored at Wembley."

Fletcher will now hope to make it a double celebration with the Oakwell outfit by gaining a place in the play-offs. Barnsley are currently four points adrift of sixth-placed Millwall but with a game in hand.

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Apr/ashley-fletcher-savours-dream-come-true-at-wembley-with-barnsley.aspx