View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 02:37 PM   #499
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [2015-2016] Manchester United ~ Transfer Rumors

Louis van Gaal insists Manchester United won't miss out on the best players if they finish outside top four because he says they will 'pay big to land world's top stars'

* Louis van Gaal not worried about finishing outside Premier League top four
* He says that the high wages Manchester United pay can attract players
* There is little margin for error as United try and scramble for top four finish

Louis van Gaal insists Manchester United’s transfer business will not be affected by missing out on the top four — because of the high wages they pay.

United face the prospect of failing to qualify for the Champions League for the second time in three years, but van Gaal believes they could still attract the continent’s elite this summer.

The club are working hard to sign Benfica midfielder Renato Sanches in a deal worth more than £46million. They have watched Wolfsburg’s 33-year-old Brazilian Naldo as a defensive stop gap. Everton striker Romelu Lukaku is also on their radar for about £50m.

Louis van Gaal insists Manchester United’s transfer business will not be affected by missing out on top four

Van Gaal said: ‘Qualifying for the Champions League would help me when I am speaking to players in the summer.

'It always helps. But I want to stress that Manchester United are such a big club, and our salaries are so good here, that a lot of players will come here even if we don’t qualify for the Champions League.’

United face Tottenham on Sunday knowing there is little margin for error in the scramble to finish fourth.

Yet their record against the top third of the Premier League is unrivalled, averaging two points a game, while Van Gaal also hopes Manchester City’s continued involvement in the Champions League can give his own team an edge.

upload pictures free
Wolfsburg's 33-year-old Brazilian defender Naldo (left) has been viewed as a potential stop-gap by the club

uploading pictures
The club are working hard to sign Benfica midfielder Renato Sanches in a deal worth more than £46m

He said: ‘I was very happy that City drew 2-2 against PSG. They are still in the Champions League and that means they have more matches.

‘It is better for us that they have the pressure of the Champions League. On the other hand, I have to say, that when you are in the Champions League, it gives you a big boost.

‘It depends on how the players react and how they cope with the pressure.

‘We have to win our games because we are dependent on our competitors. If Manchester City win all their games then we cannot close the gap — and the same is true with Arsenal.’

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3531758/Louis-van-Gaal-insists-Manchester-United-won-t-miss-best-players-finish-outside-four-says-pay-big-land-world-s-stars.html