View Single Post
Old 31-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #103
ferly_Liemz
first team

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
ferly_Liemz is a splendid one to beholdferly_Liemz is a splendid one to beholdferly_Liemz is a splendid one to beholdferly_Liemz is a splendid one to beholdferly_Liemz is a splendid one to beholdferly_Liemz is a splendid one to beholdferly_Liemz is a splendid one to beholdferly_Liemz is a splendid one to beholdferly_Liemz is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: David Beckham

sekali seorang pemain bermain untuk United maka bila mereka mau jujur,seumur hidup akan cinta dan terus memikirkan Manchester United.....

By PAUL JIGGINS

Published: Today

DAVID BECKHAM insists he will not celebrate if he scores against Manchester United in the Champions League - although he may burst into tears!

AC Milan's new loan star admits he almost wept with joy when he heard his temporary club would be facing his old one in the next round of Europe's elite competition.

Beckham supported United as a kid and played 394 games for them - scoring 85 goals - before leaving Old Trafford for Real Madrid in 2003.

This will be the first time he has played against Alex Ferguson's troops and he said: "If I score I will not celebrate.

"I would love to score but I definitely wouldn't celebrate.

"I know that sometimes when it's a big occasion you don't think, so you can never tell what will happen.

"But I am telling you I wouldn't want to celebrate."

The Sun was the only British newspaper present as Beckham was reintroduced to a select gathering of the local and national media here in Milan yesterday.

The England midfielder, 34, has rejoined AC on a six-month loan from LA Galaxy in a bid to seal his place in Fabio Capello's squad for next summer's World Cup finals in South Africa.

And what promises to be a momentous year for old Goldenballs features a dream Champions League double-header against his beloved Red Devils.

Becks will welcome his former club to the San Siro on Tuesday, February 16, for the first leg of their last-16 showdown.

He will then make what is bound to be an emotional return to the place where it all began for him when the return leg takes place at Old Trafford on Wednesday, March 10.

Despite growing up in east London, Beckham was a United fan as a lad - and still is today.

After beginning his career with the club, he helped them to six Premier League titles, two FA Cups and, of course, that memorable Champions League crown in 1999.

Now he will bid to end their hopes of trying to win this year's competition.

But he admitted: "When I first heard about the tie I almost cried.

"I was asleep in bed in LA when I got a message at 3am telling me we had drawn United.

"I can't tell you what my reply was! But the draw was a great surprise.

"I'm quite an emotional person and as soon as I heard I would be going back to Manchester United as an AC Milan player I became very emotional because it is such a special place for me.

"I've got a great rapport with the fans, the staff there and the manager.

"It was the club I always wanted to play for and it is my dream club.

"I still miss being a United player. I haven't been back to Old Trafford since I left nearly seven years ago and I miss it every day.

"This will be the first time - and to go back with AC Milan makes it even more special.

"It will be a very special occasion for me. But the biggest thing is that I am going back with AC Milan.

"It will be a special night, but it's business. It's difficult for me to think about knocking out United.

"But I won't like it if we lose, so I'm going to have to be professional."

And Beckham scoffed at claims his old team will be there for the taking after selling superstar Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid for a world-record £80million last summer.

Becks said: "When you lose someone like Cristiano, you lose a lot - not only on the pitch but in the dressing room as well.

"But I wouldn't say they are weaker because they've still got great players in their squad.

"It's the same when any great player leaves a club like Manchester United, AC Milan or Real Madrid - the club moves on."

And the Old Trafford regulars may even see their former hero playing in an unfamiliar role.

Reports in the Italian media claim Milan boss Leonardo has been trying out the Three Lions midfielder as a right-back.

Becks, always the diplomat, would only say: "I've played lots of positions in training, even goalkeeper.

"I realise I have spent almost my entire career in midfield, but there are a number of positions I could play in.

"I am sure Leonardo will know the best position in which to play me."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0bEppmB2D
ferly_Liemz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ferly_Liemz For This Useful Post: