Thread: Dean Henderson
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 09:51 AM   #92
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dean Henderson

Manchester United fans slam 'spoilt brat' Dean Henderson and question why he hasn't been sold after his explosive interview criticising the club's 'false promises'... as he prepares for Premier League bow with Nottingham Forest

* Dean Henderson gave a bombshell interview accusing United of false promises
* United fans have hit back at Henderson for the outburst and want him offloaded
* Fans say David de Gea deserved the No 1 spot last season ahead of Henderson

Manchester United fans have slammed goalkeeper Dean Henderson in the wake of his incredible outburst at the club's treatment of him last season.

Henderson gave a fiery interview to talkSPORT in which he described being benched for the season as 'criminal' after receiving 'false promises' regarding his role in the first team.

The 25-year-old shot-stopper claimed he was told he would replace David de Gea as United's first-choice 'keeper but instead found himself watching from the sidelines as De Gea further cemented his place as the club's No 1.

Keen to avoid a repeat of last season's heartbreak, Henderson pushed through a loan move to Premier League new boys Nottingham Forest but will return to Old Trafford next summer unless a permanent deal can be agreed.

But his forthright views haven't gone down well with everybody, including a cluster of United's adoring fanbase, as Red Devils' fans took to both Twitter and a Reddit forum to vent their displeasure at the England international.

Dean Henderson spent much of last season on the Manchester United bench and he has now hit out at the club for promising him a spot as No 1 goalkeeper but failing to honour that. Henderson secured a loan move to Nottingham Forest this summer in search of game time. Henderson also said he refused to speak to or train under new United manager Erik ten Hag

@Rockyraccoon tweeted: 'Why hasn’t he been sold? Need to get rid permanently.'

@mzvee2 wrote: 'Spoilt Brat; he had covid for a good part of last season how did he expect to be no.1 when @D_DeGea was on fire, why not cancel his contract and do 1 who cares, he was the dressing room mole'

hollow114 added: 'He should be sold. Clearly was part of the problem'

thphnts said: 'Man's throwing a hissy fit because he got COVID and was shocked he wasn't picked over one of the best goalkeepers in the past decade. What a child.'

Jimmy84 wrote: Pathetic attitude really, you were unavailable and someone took your place and played too good to be dropped. It's not f****** criminal it's just football. Can't believe anyone is using this as a stick to beat United with, clearly just a player who thinks he's entitled to play in the first team rather than earn it.

Henderson started just three first-team games for the Red Devils in all competitions last term under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and later, interim boss Ralf Rangnick.

Such was his desperation to find game time, Henderson filled in for the club during two Premier League 2 fixtures - a far cry from the previous season where he made 26 appearances for United.

Henderson will be unavailable for Forest's two fixtures against his parent club this season but it remains to be seen what kind of reaction he receives when he returns to Old Trafford next summer.

He has said during his interview on talkSPORT: 'To be quite honest with you, it's probably been the toughest 12 months of my career. It's been tough, it's been hard and I'm so happy I've come out the other end of it now.

'The conversation I had, coming out of the Euros squad (with England), was that you're coming back here (to United) to be the No 1 goalkeeper. I got Covid, then unfortunately no-one followed through with anything they told me.

'It's frustrating as well, because I turned so many good loans down last summer for that reason and they wouldn't let me go. To sit there and waste 12 months is criminal, really, at my age. I was fuming.'

And Henderson also admitted he refused to speak to or train under new United manager Erik ten Hag in a bid to force through a move to Forest.

He added: 'No. I didn't want him to see me in training. Because I knew that he probably wanted to keep me. So I told the hierarchy that I need to play football, I don't want to be here and play second fiddle.'

De Gea, who was one of United's best players last season, will be backed up by Tom Heaton this campaign.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11076225/Man-United-fans-slam-Dean-Henderson-explosive-interview-criticising-clubs-false-promises.html