View Single Post
Old 17-03-2016, 07:13 AM   #20
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [Legend] Denis Law

LAW ADMITS TO NERVES AT THE PALACE

Denis Law admits he was nervous when visiting Buckingham Palace last week to collect his CBE.

Manchester United's legendary striker received his award from Prince William as recognition for his services to football and charity. The 76-year-old, speaking at the Gulf Oil international partnership launch at the Aon Training Complex, clearly enjoyed the occasion in London.

"It was special," he told MUTV. "It was something really unexpected, the type of thing that happens to other people. All of a sudden, it happened.

"My daughter arranged everything and it was just lovely. It's a different world down there with Buckingham Palace and everything. I was a bit nervous as well, probably more nervous than if I was playing in a cup final. At the end, it was really nice and Prince William was excellent.

"He had to interview and give the awards to so many people from different societies so he was excellent. It was an experience! I asked him who he supported and it's Aston Villa so it's not been a good season for him. It could get better - hopefully it will get better.

"It was more for the family than myself really," he added. "All the people were lovely and I met so many people from different parts of the world who were getting awards. It was a very interesting day."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2016/Mar/manchester-united-legend-denis-law-expresses-delight-at-receiving-cbe-at-buckingham-palace.aspx
penk22_ is offline   Reply With Quote