View Single Post
Old 17-01-2023, 08:34 AM   #853
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rio Gavin Ferdinand

Rio Ferdinand hails Manchester United's defensive performance in their 2-1 win over Man City... as he claims it 'was one of the most controlled performances without the ball' he has seen from the Red Devils

* Man United secured a memorable 2-1 win over Man City on Saturday lunchtime
* United fought back from 1-0 down and restricted City to one shot on target
* Rio Ferdinand was full of praise for the comeback and United's defensive work
* He also hailed the role of Erik ten Hag and insisted he has made a big difference

Rio Ferdinand has lauded Manchester United's defensive performance against Manchester City, insisting there is now something different about Erik ten Hag's side.

United secured a memorable victory over City on Saturday as they came back from a goal down to win 2-1.

The result extended their unbeaten run in all competitions to nine games and solidified their place in the top four.

And Ferdinand was full of praise for the comeback and the way United dealt with City's talented attackers.

'What I would say is I've seen us capitulate in that position before,' he told his Five Youtube show.

Rio Ferdinand hailed Man United's defensive performance in their win over Man City last week. He also said it was one of the most controlled United displays without the ball he had seen. Ferdinand said the work that Erik ten Hag and his coaching staff are doing deserves credit

'I would have been walking out of the studio going to the toilet thinking it could be two or three (nil down) when I get back.

'I felt even though City had 70 odd per cent possession throughout the 90 minutes, I felt it was one of the most controlled performances (I have seen) without the ball from United.'

United have now conceded just two goals in seven games in all competitions since the World Cup.

Ferdinand insisted that Ten Hag and his coaching staff deserve great credit for this and hailed the work they have been doing on the training pitch, pointing to a new-found resilience at the club.

He added: 'The fact it was one shot on target that says there is a controlled element to the way United played without the ball.

'And that is a huge testament to the coaching. You have to be well-coached to do that and that's the big difference I see with this United team.'

The Red Devils face Crystal Palace on Wednesday, before a huge top of the table clash against Arsenal at the Emirates on Sunday.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11641625/Rio-Ferdinand-hails-Manchester-Uniteds-defensive-performance-2-1-win-Manchester-City.html