View Single Post
Old 28-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
rondwisan

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter

27/08/2012 11:28 - ManUtd.com, Adam Marshall
Loans: Cofie's cracker

United's five loan stars continue their progress away from Old Trafford...*

Rookie striker John Cofie struck his first senior*goal for Sheffield United as the Blades drew 1-1 with Colchester in League One.

The Reds youngster hammered a*spectacular 30-yarder past Mark Cousins but spurned another chance as the Essex side hit back through Clinton Morrison.

"I should have scored another," Cofie told the Sheffield Star.*"It was a bad miss but stuff like that happens. The more I play, the better I should get.*I like to watch clips of people like Danny Wellbeck, Didier Drogba and Wayne Rooney on YouTube. I watch how they finish and how they get in the box. That’s how I try and get in the mood."

Hull City kept Charlton at bay in a goalless stalemate at The Valley with Ben Amos again enhancing his growing reputation in goal for Steve Bruce's Tigers.

The United keeper made some smart saves to keep a second clean sheet in three matches and told the Hull Daily Mail afterwards: "I feel great and I feel as though I’m growing with each game. If I was to compare myself in pre-season to now, I see a big difference. That will keep going and my decision-making will improve, but I’m really enjoying the challenge of playing regular first-team football in a division as strong as the Championship."

In the Barclays Premier League, Fabio played the full 90 minutes as QPR recovered from a disastrous opening day to draw 1-1 at Norwich. The Brazilian had his hands full with Anthony Pilkington but held his own in a much-improved display by Mark Hughes' Rangers. Bobby Zamora cancelled out Simeon Jackson's opener by pouncing on the rebound when John Ruddy saved Djibril Cisse's penalty.

Reece Brown featured throughout Coventry's 2-2 draw with Bury in League One with former Red David Healy off the mark on his debut for the visitors.

Sean McGinty was an unused substitute again for Oxford United during their 2-1 triumph against Plymouth.