Thread: Park Ji-Sung
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2021, 09:10 AM   #517
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Park Ji-Sung

Manchester United favourite Park Ji-Sung returns to English football after taking on a coaching role at former club QPR... as the South Korean star admits he's 'learnt lots' during his time so far in west London

* Manchester United legend Ji-Sung Park has officially returned to English football
* Park has taken charge of the U16 side at QPR as part of his coaching B licence
* The former midfielder will be working with QPR's head of coaching Chris Ramsey
* Park - who played at Man United and QPR - says 'coaching is different' to playing

Manchester United legend Ji-Sung Park has returned to English football to launch his coaching career.

The former versatile midfielder - who is the most decorated Asian player in history - has taken charge of the U16 side at Queens Park Rangers as part of his coaching B licence.

Park - who played for both Manchester United and the Rs - will be learning the ropes while under the tutelage of QPR's head of coaching Chris Ramsey.

Speaking to the club's official website, Park said: 'Having played for QPR I am really interested to see how they develop their young players. I have learnt lots from the players as well as the coaches.

Man United legend Ji-Sung Park has returned to English football to launch his coaching career. Park will be learning the ropes under the tutelage of QPR's head of coaching Chris Ramsey

'I have been surprised at how enthusiastic Chris is towards football and particularly towards the youth levels.

'It is not normal to see someone who is involved with the first team, like Chris is, so involved with the whole youth system. It has been really impressive to see.

'You can see his philosophy which is brilliant. It all takes time but when the process is doing well, the club benefit long-term from it. I have learnt a lot of things from him.

'Chris has lots of experience and I see how he listens to people.

'He listens to opinions and then makes his own decision based on the best way he can influence players. That is why he has such a good reputation as a coach.

'It has surprised me how much I have learnt. It is not just about your skill or ability, it is about your mentality too.

'People might think being a coach is quite similar to being a player. For me, I have realised it is totally different. It is not just about tactics, it is everything – leadership, communication, how you can influence every single player.

'When I look at Asia or South Korea, administration needs improving compared to Europe and I will look that way.'

During his career as a player, Park won the Premier League four times with Manchester United and picked up a Champions League winners medal in 2008.

Park played for Manchester United before moving to Queens Park Rangers (above) in 2012

Having featured 134 times for the Red Devils, Park also won the League Cup three-times and the Club World Cup too.

He scored a total of 19 times during his Manchester United career before joining Queens Park Rangers in 2012.

He made 20 appearances for the hoops before completing a loan move back to PSV - where he saw out the rest of his career.

Internationally, Park managed 100 caps for South Korea and played at three World Cups, in 2002, 2006 and 2010.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10332031/Manchester-United-legend-Ji-Sung-Park-takes-coaching-role-Queens-Park-Rangers.html