View Single Post
Old 18-04-2015, 05:46 PM   #28
Ardiey11
first team

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Ardiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud ofArdiey11 has much to be proud of
Visit Ardiey11's Facebook Visit Ardiey11's Twitter
Default Re: [EPL] Chelsea vs Manchester United

Match preview: Chelsea vs Manchester United

Match info: The game will be broadcast live in the UK on Sky Sports, with kick-off set for 17:30 BST. You can also follow it via our Match Blog, or by following @ManUtd.

Scene-setter: Chelsea are favourites to win the Barclays Premier League title, but United are riding the crest of a wave and head to Stamford Bridge on the back of big wins over top-four rivals Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur. Is the title race over, or is there much more to come? As Louis van Gaal is keen to point out: "We are looking up and we have to win every week, but anything is possible."

Form guide: United have scored 15 goals and conceded just four times while recording six straight league wins. Van Gaal’s men notably drew 1-1 with Chelsea at Old Trafford earlier this season and will hope to improve on that result at Stamford Bridge, but it won’t be easy – the Reds have only won once there in 10 previous top-flight fixtures. Chelsea are also unbeaten in 11 Premier League games.

Team news: Michael Carrick, Marcos Rojo, Phil Jones and Daley Blind have all been ruled out due to injury and Jonny Evans is banned. Robin van Persie and Luke Shaw have both returned to training, however, and could feature in some capacity. Chelsea are set to be without leading scorer Diego Costa (hamstring) but his deputy Loic Remy is recovering from a calf problem.

Quote/unquote: “Going back three or four weeks ago, I wouldn’t have been fancying United at all. But I’d be very surprised if United don’t come out of the weekend without getting beaten... United are in a bit of a purple patch at the moment and confidence is sky-high. Quite frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if United won it.” - Ron Atkinson.

Danger man: Eden Hazard is among the leading contenders for this season’s PFA Player of the Year award, having consistently produced performances of the highest order since August. The talented Belgian has scored 17 goals in all competitions this term and has famously never missed a penalty for the Blues.

Sub-plot: Juan Mata will return to Stamford Bridge for the first time since joining United from Chelsea in January 2014. "Needless to say it's going to be a very special game for me,” he admits. “I already played against Chelsea in the first half of the championship, but going back to Stamford Bridge for the first time will bring me plenty of good memories, for sure."

Rivals watch: Southampton head to Stoke City on Saturday, before City face West Ham at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday. Tottenham will travel to Newcastle on Monday evening.

Match officials: Mike Dean will be the referee on Saturday, with Simon Long and Darren England acting as his assistants. Craig Pawson will be on fourth official duties.