View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 01:25 PM   #1
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default United Injury News 2016/17

Henrikh Mkhitaryan remains a doubt for Manchester derby at Old Trafford: 'I'm not sure yet if I will be fit'

* Henrikh Mkhitaryan joined Manchester United on four-year deal in July
* Mkhitaryan suffered injury during Armenia's clash with Czech Republic
* Manchester United midfielder collided with Czech captain Marek Suchy
* Mkhitaryan missed his country's 1-0 loss against Denmark last Sunday
* The 27-year-old remains an injury doubt for Saturday's Manchester derby

Henrikh Mkhitaryan's chances of playing in the Manchester derby appear increasingly remote as the Armenian continues his recovery from a thigh injury.

The Manchester United midfielder sustained the injury following a collision with Czech Republic captain Marek Suchy in Armenia's 3-0 defeat at Mestsky Stadion last Wednesday.

Mkhitaryan missed his country's 1-0 loss against Denmark last Sunday and remains a doubt for the eagerly-anticipated Manchester derby at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan remains an injury doubt for Saturday's Manchester derby at Old Trafford

'We win & lose together… I'm very disappointed to have missed the game vs Denmark, but I'd like to thank the team for their hard work,' the 27-year-old said in a statement on his Instagram account.

'I continue extensively my rehabilitation, but I'm not sure yet if I will be fit for the derby this weekend. I'm motivated as ever and plan to put all my energy to be in great shape as soon as possible...a simple devotion to what I love most - football!'

'Thanks for sending me your love and support.'

The 27-year-old provided an injury update for his fans via his Instragram account on Monday

A statement released by the Armenian FA last Friday said the injury would 'usually require a week to 10 days to heal'.

Mkhitaryan returned to United's training base in Carrington earlier that day for treatment.

The Armenia captain, who signed from Borussia Dortmund on a four-year deal during the summer, has yet to start a competitive game for United under Jose Mourinho.

Mkhitaryan has come off the bench in United's four competitive fixtures so far this term, including an eye-catching cameo against Hull City when he entered the fray on the hour mark and helped his side secure a last-gasp 1-0 victory at a rain-soaked KCOM Stadium.

Mourinho's unbeaten United side welcome Pep Guardiola's Manchester City, who have also yet to drop a point in the Premier League this season, to Old Trafford on Saturday.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3774851/Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-remains-doubt-Manchester-derby-Old-Trafford-m-not-sure-fit.html