View Single Post
Old 20-05-2017, 09:21 AM   #11
Riskur
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter
Default Re: [EPL] Manchester United vs Crystal Palace

Mourinho provides team news update

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has provided a team news update ahead of Sunday's final game of the Premier League season against Crystal Palace.

Paul Pogba definitely plays against the Eagles following his return from compassionate leave but the scans on Marouane Fellaini's hamstring problem have still to come through. Chris Smalling has a minor issue but should be available for Wednesday's Europa League final against Ajax in Stockholm.

Tim Fosu-Mensah is also featuring at the weekend as he bids to confirm his fitness, following a shoulder injury sustained in the Manchester derby.

"Paul Pogba is fine," said the manager. "A strong guy, strong mentality. He’s learning how to live after his father passed away, but he is strong. He knows that he needs to play on Sunday because he hasn’t played or trained for a long time and he needs these minutes on the pitch, so he plays against Palace.

"Chris Smalling has a problem, but a small problem that I think is no problem at all for next week. It’s a problem for the weekend but not for the final.

Marouane Fellaini is the question mark; we wait for today’s scans, we decided not to do it yesterday. Again, his feelings aren’t bad, but let’s wait. Tim Fosu-Mensah plays on Sunday and, if the reaction is good, and if he manages to play the game without problems, he’s a new option for us for the final."

A number of young players trained in front of the media on Friday morning, including 16-year-old Angel Gomes and he could make a sensational debut."You will have the two goalkeepers, Joel Pereira and Kieran O’Hara,"

explained Mourinho. "We will have Demi Mitchell, Scott McTominay, Josh Harrop, Matty Willock, Angel Gomes and Zachary Dearnley. I think that’s it. Plus Tim Fosu-Mensah and Axel Tuanzebe, so lots of them."

The manager added that regular first-team players will also be involved to bring a degree of experience to the side but skipper Wayne Rooney could be rested after playing the full game at Southampton.

"I think one [young player can play] in the middle of a good structure, a dynamic structure, an experienced structure, yes. But as for lots of them together, I think no [they aren't ready].

"I will bring three of four of the first-team players, you know, to play one half each. I can give a little bit of experience to the team but, at the same time, save them all for Wednesday. I don’t know [whether] Wayne [will play] or not, he played 90 minutes in the last match, so probably not."

www.manutd.com