View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 08:39 AM   #26
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: United Injury News 2021/22

Edinson Cavani confirms he has a tendon injury which kept him out of Manchester United's woeful defeat by Man City... and reveals it's the same issue that saw him miss the start of the season

* Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani has confirmed he has a tendon injury
* The injury saw him miss United's woeful defeat by rivals Man City on Saturday
* Cavani has revealed that it's similar to the issues he had at the start of the season
* The 34-year-old is expected to return to action after the international break

Edinson Cavani has suffered another setback after he confirmed he is getting treatment for a tendon injury.

The 34-year-old has been plagued by injuries since joining United and even missed the first few weeks of the club's start to the season with a similar injury.

Cavani most recently starred in United's solid 3-0 win over Tottenham last month before going to make a substitute appearance against Atalanta in the Champions League but was forced to miss their most recent outing – a woeful 2-0 defeat at the hands of local rivals Manchester City.

United supporters questioned where Cavani was in the build-up to Saturday's defeat by City and now the man himself has confirmed that he has picked up another injury.

Speaking to local newspaper El Observador back in his homeland of Uruguay, Cavani revealed: 'The issue was like this. Before starting the season, I had discomfort in the tendon.

'It made me spend a couple of weeks out until I began to gain some minutes [on the pitch] in my team. I had to go back to the national team, always with a bit of pain, but with the hope that it would disappear.

'It was improving but, after Tottenham, it started coming back.

Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani confirms he has a tendon injury in another setback. Cavani revealed that it's similar to the issues that kept him out at the start of the season. The Uruguayan forward is expected to return after the international break

'They are difficult injuries,' he admitted. 'And I decided to have the treatment so that it does not continue to get worse, and to recover as soon as possible to be fit for my team and the national team.'

It's more bad news for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who learned that Paul Pogba could be out of action for the rest of the year after sustaining a thigh injury on international duty with France.

Sportsmail understands the Manchester United midfielder will be out for between six and eight weeks, delivering another hammer blow to under-pressure Norwegian.

Pogba still has one game of a three-match domestic suspension to serve following his red card against Liverpool last month, so he would have been unavailable for the trip to Watford after the international break anyway.

But the 28-year-old could miss a further 11 games if the injury keeps him sidelined through a busy Christmas fixture programme and into the New Year.

Pogba damaged a muscle in his right thigh attempting a shot in training on Monday night and was forced to withdraw from the squad for France's World Cup qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Finland.

A statement from the French Football Federation said: 'Paul Pogba has suffered an injury to the quadriceps of the right thigh and is forced to miss the next two matches. To replace him, Didier Deschamps called on Jordan Veretout.'

United later confirmed: 'Paul Pogba has been released from the French national team following a thigh muscle injury sustained in training. He will return to Manchester for treatment and further evaluation.'

Pogba and Cavani join Raphael Varane on United's injury list, with the former Real Madrid man out for up to five weeks with the hamstring injury he suffered in last week's Champions League draw with Atalanta in Italy.

The United boss is under intense pressure following a run of six defeats in 12 games and desperately needs his best players fit as he battles to save his job.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10182749/Manchester-United-striker-Edinson-Cavani-confirms-tendon-injury.html