View Single Post
Old 16-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #381
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Bastian Schweinsteiger claims Jose Mourinho may not have made decision to freeze him out at Manchester United

* Bastian Schweinsteiger did not appear under Jose Mourinho until late November
* Former Germany star trained on his own for three months at Manchester United
* Schweinsteiger says Mourinho may have been told to drop him from the squad
* The 32-year-old midfielder joined MLS outfit Chicago Fire in March of this year

Bastian Schweinsteiger believes it may not have been Jose Mourinho's decision to freeze him out at Manchester United.

The former Bayern Munich midfielder was exiled from the first-team following Mourinho's arrival at Old Trafford last summer and was made to train on his own for three months.

But after deciding to remain at the club and fight for his place, Schweinsteiger made his first appearance under the Portuguese in late November and played in three more games before leaving for MLS side Chicago Fire in March.

Schweinsteiger made four appearances under Mourinho this season before leaving the club

And the 32-year-old, who insists he has no regrets about joining United in 2015, claims that someone other than Mourinho could have been responsible for the way he was treated at the start of the season.

'I had a talk with him and he had an opinion, maybe it was not made by himself,' Schweinsteiger told ESPN FC.

'[The decision not to play me] was maybe made by someone else without him so I think after I trained and I played and you could see me and how I behave as a professional and he has a different opinion, so it was a little bit unfortunate.

'I think [it would be different] if we would have met in a different situation.'

After appearing as a substitute against West Ham and Reading, Schweinsteiger scored on his first and only start of the season as United beat Wigan 4-0 in the fourth round of the FA Cup.

Asked whether he agreed with the decision to freeze him out, Schweinsteiger added: 'In my eyes it was not the right decision, but in life sometimes you have this kind of situation where something is not correct and right in your way, but you have to accept it, and I accepted it.

'I said "OK I accept it, but still want to stay here and want to train. I want to show I am a player you can trust."

'And that's what I was doing at Manchester. I was then training with the first team and playing with the first team. I mean it was not easy when I was training by my own for three months.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4507248/Man-Utd-news-Schweinsteiger-makes-big-Jose-Mourinho-claim.html