View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 08:44 AM   #386
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Bastian Schweinsteiger reveals he was BANNED from Manchester United's dressing room and told to play with the Under-23's on his BIRTHDAY... as Jose Mourinho had a 'different opinion' over whether the German was being professional

* Bastian Schweinsteiger 31 appearances in his first year at Manchester United
* He was omitted from first-team training when Jose Mourinho took over
* Mourinho was unhappy over the German recovering from injury abroad
* The Portuguese manager apologised for his treatment of the player after he left
* Schweinsteiger has revealed the 'great pain' he felt at how he was treated

Bastian Schweinsteiger has revealed the 'great pain' he felt at Manchester United after Jose Mourinho dropped him from the first team and instructed him to play with the Under-23s.

The Bayern Munich legend joined Manchester United in the summer of 2015 where he made 31 appearances under Louis Van Gaal.

Mourinho replaced United the Dutchman in May 2016 and omitted Schweinsteiger from first-team training ahead of the German's second campaign at the club.

The 37-year-old left for MLS side Chicago Fire in March the following year, with Mourinho later admitting that he regretted his treatment of the midfielder.

Speaking on Manchester United's official podcast, Schweinsteiger revealed that he was first refused access into the first-team dressing room on what was his 32nd birthday (August 1).

He said on the podcast: 'It was very strange on my birthday I came to the dressing room wanted to change but then someone told me I'm not allowed to go into the dressing room and I had to change in the dressing room and had to play with the second team.

Bastian Schweinsteiger was omitted from first-team training at Manchester United by Jose Mourinho. Mourinho admitted he regretted his treatment of the player after he was sold in 2017

'I was very hurt because no one was talking to me. Then I was speaking to Mourinho about it and he explained something to me something which I really did not understand and it had to do with the second injury that I got.

'My first injury I got the season before I got treated by the medical department of United and then in an easy training session I got the same injury so I asked Louis Van Gaal if I could get treated in Germany because we had the Euros in 2016 coming up and it was always agreed to that.

'So I did that, I was fit, I played the Euros, I was looking forward to coming to United to play with Mourinho who twice actually wanted to buy me with Inter Milan in 2010 and then later on at Madrid.'

Schweinsteiger said Mourinho felt that by recovering abroad, Mourinho felt that he wasn't professional.

The German said he couldn't really trust the club despite his love for the fans and his team-mates.

Mourinho felt Schweinsteiger should have been treated for his injuries at the club rather than in Germany. Mourinho twice tried to buy Schweinsteiger at Inter Milan in 2010 and later Real Madrid

He said: 'I had a lot of respect for him (Mourinho) obviously but I did not understand the situation why I was not allowed to train play with the first team because there were some different opinions about me being professional which is not true because I am professional - I showed it later on I was always training with the kids or alone.

'Mourinho apologised and said he made a mistake which of course was nice but I lost my heart and love a little bit towards the club, not the fans, not players, not the people who live in Manchester, it was not easy. If I want to do something I want to do with it with my full heart and energy. But it hurt me so much it was great pain for me and I couldn't really trust (the club).'

Despite the German making just four appearances at the club under Mourinho, the now Roma manager accepted he mistreated the player.

As per the Guardian, he said in March 2017: 'He's in the category of players that I feel sorry for something that I did to him.

'I don't want to speak about him as a player, I don't want to speak as I buy or not to buy. I want to speak about him as a professional, as a human being.

'The last thing I told him before he left: 'I was not right with you once, I have to be right with you now.'

'So when he was asking me to let him leave I had to say 'yes' you can leave because I did it once, I cannot do it twice. So I feel sorry for the first period with him, he knows that. I am happy that he knows because I told him. I will miss a good guy, a good professional, a good influence in training – a very good influence.'

Speaking about United presently, Schweinsteiger believes interim boss Ralf Rangnick will help turn the club's fortunes around.

He said: 'When I look back it was a great step it helped me a lot. Huge experience first time leaving Germany and Munich and I had great relationship with all the people there.

'When I spoke to people they really appreciated (me) and I loved United. I am a big fan of United but it hurts me how United cannot reach being the best. There's a reason for that and that's why I think Ralf Rangnick can help to change that.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10468889/Manchester-United-Bastian-Schweinsteiger-reveals-great-pain-dropped-Jose-Mourinho.html