View Single Post
Old 25-08-2022, 09:37 AM   #387
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Bastian Schweinsteiger is still UNIMPRESSED with his former team... as German legend insists Manchester United were NOT the better side despite beating Liverpool 2-1 at Old Trafford

* Manchester United beat Liverpool 2-1 at Old Trafford on Monday evening
* Erik ten Hag's first win as United manager took them off the bottom of the table
* However, Bastian Schweinsteiger wasn't impressed with their performance
* The former Red Devils midfielder believed Liverpool were the better team

Former Manchester United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has criticised his former club after Monday’s 2-1 win over Liverpool and believed the Reds were the better team on the night.

Goals from Jadon Sancho and Marcus Rashford either side of half time helped to secure Erik ten Hag’s first Premier League victory as United manager.

The three points relieved the pressure on the Dutchman and lifted the club off the bottom of the table.

And Schweinsteiger, who played 35 times for the Red Devils from 2015-2017 after arriving from Bayern Munich, was not impressed with Erik ten Hag’s side on Monday.

‘You know of course I support United and I'm very happy they won,’ he told BBC Radio Manchester. ‘But was it a great performance in my opinion if I compare it with other teams … the top teams in Europe? I wouldn’t say so.

Bastian Schweinsteiger believes Liverpool were the better team against Manchester United. United beat the Reds 2-1 to secure Erik ten Hag's first competitive win since he took over. Erik ten Hag's side secured a crucial win against the Reds but Schweinsteiger wasn't impressed with their performance. However, the former German midfielder did praise United's attitude and spirit on the night

‘For me Liverpool was the better team actually and they had much more possession in the game.’

Despite the German legend’s take on United's performance, he did think that Ten Hag’s side did do some parts of their game right at Old Trafford.

He said: ‘But you know United did one thing really well. They had the right attitude towards the game, the right spirit in the team.

‘And in my eyes the supporters have won the match because you know, it could’ve been different.'

Schweinsteiger arrived at Old Trafford under then boss Louis van Gaal to much fanfare after making over 500 appearances for Bayern Munich.

He won the FA Cup with the club in his first season but then fell out of favour under Jose Mourinho, before he was allowed to join Chicago Fire in the MLS.

He spent two years in North America before he retired aged 35.

His richly successful 17-year career saw him win eight German league titles and a Champions League, the FA Cup while at United and the World Cup in 2014 as captain.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11137735/Bastian-Schweinsteiger-insists-Manchester-United-NOT-better-team-victory-Liverpool.html