View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #510
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Villarreal Star Rossi Hints at Exit

Rossi hints at summer transfer from Villarreal

The Italy international has suggested that he could be on the move at the end of the season, and is slowly returning to full match fitness after a lengthy absence due to injury

Villarreal attacker Giuseppe Rossi has hinted that he could be on his way out of the Primera Division side in the summer transfer window.

The 25-year-old was reportedly close to joining Barcelona ahead of the 2011-12 campaign, while clubs such as Inter, Juventus and Tottenham Hotspur are also keeping tabs on the striker.

Rossi has yet to make a final decision on his future, but the attacker appears to be open to a move elsewhere if the right offer comes in.

"You never know what's going to happen in your career. One day you're here, one day you're somewhere else," Rossi said to Goal.com.

"Obviously it's an idea which is nice because I think many players would like to play in the best leagues in the world. That's La Liga; that's the Premier League, and that's Serie A.

"Like I said, you never know what's going to happen in football."

The Italy international only recently returned to the training pitch after a lengthy injury lay-off, and Rossi is slowly getting back into shape.

"I'm feeling better physically. It's been about five months that I've been out, so therefore I'm slowly getting back into shape.

"Mentally it's been tough because I'm used to playing week in, week out. So it's been difficult. I've had a lot of support from my club, my team-mates and from my family. They helped a lot with that."

Rossi has not given up hopes of making Italy's Euro 2012 squad yet, and the Villarreal star has nothing but praise for national team coach Cesare Prandelli.

"He's a leader basically. We're following him. We are all on the right page because his thoughts are the same as ours. Therefore he's creating this group.

"It's a new mentality, a new way of playing and we're all with him. Things have been going well so far and hopefully we can keep it up going into Euro 2012."

Italy meet Croatia, Republic of Ireland and Spain in the group stages at Euro 2012. Their first match is against Spain on June 10.

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bfXm5?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=world-football