Thread: Anthony Elanga
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2022, 10:48 AM   #8
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anthony Elanga

Anthony Elanga is NOT a 'world class' youngster like Wayne Rooney and Ryan Giggs were, claims Michael Owen, as he says he's just a 'very good player'... but Rio Ferdinand insists the 'fearless' teen shouldn't be compared to United greats

* Anthony Elanga scored a vital equaliser for Man United away at Atletico Madrid
* The teenager has impressed since being brought into the side in recent months
* But ex-United striker Michael Owen isn't convinced Elanga is a 'special' talent
* Rio Ferdinand disagreed with his former team-mate and heaped praise on Elanga

Ex-Manchester United team-mates Michael Owen and Rio Ferdinand are at loggerheads over the importance of teenage star Anthony Elanga to their former side.

Elanga, 19, came off the bench to net a vital equaliser for United away at Atletico Madrid on Wednesday night, racing onto a pass from Bruno Fernandes and slotting home to seal a 1-1 draw in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie.

The Swedish winger has impressed since being brought into the side by Ralf Rangnick in recent months, registering three goals in 14 appearances under the interim boss.

However, despite his early success in the senior ranks, former United striker Owen doesn't believe Elanga is 'special' enough to lead the club back to major honours.

‘He’s made a difference when he’s come on,' Owen said on BT Sport after the Atletico draw.

'If I saw him playing for any other team I’d say, "yeah, this kid’s got something and he’s going to be a good player".

‘But when I see them coming through Manchester United they have to be special, special. They have to be world class.

Rio Ferdinand and Michael Owen disagree about Manchester United teenager Anthony Elanga. Elanga netted a vital equaliser for United away at Atletico Madrid on Wednesday night. But Owen doesn't feel the Swedish youngster is 'special' enough to lead United back to glory. Elanga will not go on to become a Ryan Giggs or Wayne Rooney at Old Trafford, says Owen. Ferdinand, however, insists comparing Elanga to Rooney or Giggs is unfair on the player

‘Is Elanga and players like that going to take you to the league title or win the Champions League? Are they like Ryan Giggs or Wayne Rooney coming through?

‘He’s a very, very good player, but if I’m being brutally honest, if you’re asking me what I think of him, I think he’ll have a fantastic career, but he’ll do very, very well to be a Ryan Giggs or a Wayne Rooney.

‘I know that’s comparing [Elanga to club legends], but that’s what Manchester United are. That’s what they’re aspiring to be, they were and they’ve got to get back to that.

‘If you’ve not got that absolute freakish talent, you’re not really going to be the right… we’ve just spoken about Marcus Rashford – he’s a phenomenal player – he’s got to find another level. Because at the minute they’re not playing like they’re going to win the Champions League or the league.’

But Ferdinand doesn't agree with his old United colleague, insisting Elanga has brought a 'fearlessness' that is lacking in the side right now.

‘What he [Elanga] brings is an energy, a desire, fearlessness,’ the Red Devils legend said. ‘There’s not enough in this Man United team at times.

‘I think to expect to have a young player come through like a Rooney or a Ryan Giggs is blue-sky thinking, that’s like generational-type stuff.

‘I think Man United aren’t in that place now. They need sound characters, sound people, honest, hard-working players who you can build around.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10546437/Anthony-Elanga-Man-Utd-legend-Rio-Ferdinand-disagrees-Michael-Owen-teenage-star.html
baru aja mencetak gol pertama di UCL yang menyelamatkan United dari kekalahan, langsung dibandingkan dengan legend kayak Rooney/Giggs, ntar pemainnya merasa terbebani, biarkan penampilannya mengalir begitu saja, jangan dikit2 dibanding2kan