View Single Post
Old 26-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #32
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Manchester United launches UNITED:LIVE

Irwin anticipates Jakarta party

Manchester United legend Denis Irwin looks ahead to joining fellow ex-Red Louis Saha at the second UNITED:LIVE fan party in Indonesia on 31 January...

How much are you looking forward to the event in Jakarta?
Very much so. I know how passionate the fans are in Indonesia – they’re mad for Manchester United. So I’m really looking forward to meeting up with them. I’m going over there with Louis and it should be a great occasion.

What kind of atmosphere are you expecting?
An electric and a happy one, hopefully. We’ll be watching the game against Leicester with United no doubt looking to avenge that 5-3 defeat to them earlier this season. The fans in Indonesia are so passionate and anything we can do to engage with them is good, because so many don’t have the opportunity to come over to Old Trafford and see United play live. So it’s great that we can go across to meet up with the fans and have the opportunity to watch a game with them on the big screen.

Why do so many Indonesians follow United so avidly?

Football is the number one sport over there and United are obviously huge after the success we’ve enjoyed in the last 25 years or so, and because of our great history and tradition. In that part of the world as a whole, they just love the game and there’s a huge following for United in Indonesia particularly.

What would you say to fans who haven’t yet registered for tickets to the event?
Register and get yourselves down there! Me and Louis will be there to watch the Leicester game on the big screen with loads of other fellow United fans and the more that come along the better. It’s free, there’s a Soccer School taking place, you can interact with a few of the club’s partners and there will be live music [by Nidji], so it should be a great party.