View Single Post
Old 16-09-2014, 03:36 AM   #24
rondwisan

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Re: Man United U-21 Matches 2014/15

Kalo baca previewnya sih, nggak ada disebut2 akan keterlibatan pemain2 utama yg muda2 (Shaw, Anderson, Januzaj), apakah ini "titipan" LvG ?? Who knows ??

15/09/2014 - ManUtd.com, Adam Marshall
Old Trafford opportunity for Under-21s

Manchester United's Under-21s face Sunderland on Monday night (19:00 BST) with Warren Joyce's side obtaining another opportunity to play at Old Trafford.

With free admission* for all spectators, the club are hoping a sizeable crowd will take advantage of the fixture as the Reds look to build on the four points accrued from the opening two Barclays Under-21 Premier League.

Tom Lawrence, Guillermo Varela and Davide Petrucci are unvailable after securing moves and Joyce could have a headache over*the balance of his side due to a potential*shortage of out-and-out forwards and left-sided operators.

It is an issue Joyce has addressed superbly in the past by continuing to mould teams who play attractive football and also achieve success at this level.

"These are the problems of Reserves football all the time," he explained. "Regardless of what system we play, we have had problems before with no forwards. We’d like a left-sided centre-half and a left-footed wing-back and would have forwards in the team. We've been*playing with no forwards and there is an inbalance down the left-hand side. Taking that into account, I’ve been really pleased with the way we’ve passed the ball, some of the performances and new information they have taken on board."

Joyce has been pleased with captain Tom Thorpe and Marnick Vermijl, two of the most senior members of his squad and singled them out for praise after the draw at Anfield against Liverpool.

"Both over the course of in being in the Reserves or getting trips out on loan, you just see maturity through players*who are comfortable in their jobs," he explained. "They make the decisions as you would want them to make them. If I’m watching a game, I have a clear picture of what decisions*I want*players to make and they pretty much do it. They have had more work than the others and are further on in their development. There is talent there but there’s a lot of things that all the players have got to improve on."

Another outing at the Theatre of Dreams will be of huge benefit to the younger members of the group.

"It’s a great experience to play at Old Trafford," added Joyce. "It will be different again for us as*just the yardage is different. It’s a bit bigger and another test for us playing the new system and being able to cover the distances at Old Trafford because it is such a big pitch.

"So that’s another good experience for the boys. I expect Sunderland will put out a good team. They are a decent, well-organised and well-drilled side and always play a few older players. It will be a good test for us."