View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 09:51 AM   #1834
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David Robert Joseph Beckham

Romeo Beckham 'is set to make his debut for Brentford's B-team' in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Crewe this weekend... with the son of Manchester United legend David looking to kickstart his career in England

* Romeo Beckham has reportedly been training with Brentford's B-team
* Brentford announced the B-team are due to play Crewe in a friendly on Saturday
* It's been said that Romeo could be set to make his English debut this weekend
* Romeo is contracted to Inter Miami - co-owned by his father David Beckham
* He returned to football in 2020 after being released by Arsenal back in 2014

Romeo Beckham is reportedly set to make his debut for Brentford's B-team this weekend.

It was said last week that the 20-year-old who is under contract at Inter Miami - co-owned by his father David - had made a surprise move to take his training to the reserve side of the Premier League outfit.

Brentford's official Twitter account confirmed on Monday that they will hold a behind-closed-doors friendly with Crewe Alexandra at the League Two club's Alexandra Stadium.

The Mirror have now reported that Romeo could be set to make his English debut during the match on Saturday.

Beckham was previously a youngster at Arsenal along with his brothers Brooklyn and Cruz.

However, he was released by the Gunners in 2014 along with his brothers, which led to him stepping away from the game as he pursued other ventures.

Romeo Beckham could be set to make his debut for Brentford's B-team this weekend

'The other day Romeo turned round to me and said he didn't want to play football anymore,' David said at the time.

'Part of me was devastated but part of me was relieved, too. He's got other passions and I like that.'

After announcing his decision to instead pursue tennis as a professional career, and training with Andy Murray, he then chose to return to chasing the football dream in 2020, signing professional terms with his father's outfit in September of that year.

It is unsure how long Romeo will train at Brentford, before making his return to Inter Miami.

The MLS season though typically runs from around February to October.

Romeo made his way back into the game with Inter's reserve side, Fort Lauderdale, and has impressed after bagging three assists in one game playing on the right hand side in a position where his father David famously starred for Manchester United and England.

His excellent form continued into the summer, following in his father's footsteps even more with a stunning free-kick while playing for Inter Miami's reserve side.

Beckham Snr posted his support on social media for his son's performance, saying: 'Well done mate so proud. First goal in a Miami shirt.' Romeo responded with: 'Love you Dad, that was for you.'

Romeo made 26 appearances for Inter Miami's second team last season, scoring twice.

'First full season was full of ups and downs,' he wrote on Instagram at the end of the domestic season. 'Not the ending we as a team wanted but only lessons learned to take into next year. Love this team and the journey we are on.'

Romeo Beckham, 19,made his first appearance for Inter Miami in a friendly earlier this year

Following his return to football, his famous father replaced the tennis court at their family home with a football pitch.

He soon got his first taste of action in an Inter Miami first-team shirt when he was brought on as a substitute in a 6-0 hammering by Barcelona during a friendly over the summer.

It led to criticism of boss Phil Neville, former team-mate of David Beckham, who also brought on his own son Harvey at half-time in the defeat.

Quizzed afterwards as to why the two talented youngsters were used in a match that, beforehand, Neville labelled as the biggest game in Inter Miami's four-year history, the English head coach was defiant in his response.

'Well I think we put the two boys on at wing-back and the first thing you measure is temperament. Have they got the temperament to play in this game? I think both of them did,' he told reporters.

'I was super proud of them both. Romeo only got on for the last five or six minutes, which is difficult, but they'd earned the right to get on.

'They both showed really good temperament and I think tonight we learned an awful lot.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11301999/Romeo-Beckham-set-make-debut-Brentfords-B-team-closed-doors-friendly.html