View Single Post
Old 20-05-2022, 09:53 AM   #150
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester United's Academy - News and Rumors

Manchester United tie down promising youngster Charlie Savage, son of ex-pro Robbie, to a new contract until 2025... days after the 19-year-old was pictured taking advice from Cristiano Ronaldo

* Charlie Savage, 19, has signed a long-term contract to stay at Manchester United
* Son of former footballer and now TV pundit Robbie, the youngster is impressing
* He signed a professional deal last April but has penned fresh terms at United

Charlie Savage, son of footballing dad Robbie, has signed a long-term contract with Manchester United.

The 19-year-old, who has been with the club since the age of nine, has put pen-to-paper on a deal to keep him at Old Trafford through until 2025.

Savage is one of a number of exciting prospects emerging from the United academy and he was handed his first team debut earlier this season in the UEFA Champions League by interim boss Ralf Rangnick.

Savage signed his first professional contract at the club in April last year but bosses have been quick to get him on a longer deal having been impressed.

Robbie Savage's son Charlie (middle) has signed a new long-term contract with Man United

The 19-year-old midfielder was seen getting some advice from Cristiano Ronaldo in training recently as the Portuguese star takes him under his wing.

He was pictured signing his contract alongside Nick Cox, head of United's academy, and Darren Fletcher, the club's technical director.

Having made an impression as part of first team training, Savage was handed his first team debut by Rangnick in a UEFA Champions League game against Young Boys.

'Delighted to have made my first-team debut for Manchester United in the Champions League,' he posted.

'I would like to thank all the academy staff for their support over the last 14 years and the manager for putting his trust in me tonight.'

Robbie Savage, who commentated while watching his son make his Manchester United debut, was left emotional when he saw Charlie replace Juan Mata in midfield.

Savage admitted earlier that night that he was 'tearing up' after Charlie was named amongst the substitutes for the final group game in the Champions League.

Savage made his first team debut earlier this season as a sub in the UEFA Champions League. The 19-year-old midfielder is one of a number of academy players of which much is expected

And then Rangnick gave the then 18-year-old the nod as he came on for Mata, thrilling his father in the commentary box for BT Sport.

Savage Sr said: 'Coming on for Manchester United, Charlie Savage for Juan Mata. Wow. I never believed I'd ever say those words here at Manchester United.

'What a proud day for my boy. For all the hard work - what a day for me, his mother, his nanna, his grandparents and most importantly for that boy there, Charlie Savage.

'I'm so proud of him. It's just an amazing moment for him. Coming on for a World Cup winner!'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10833587/Manchester-United-tie-Charlie-Savage-contract-2025.html