View Single Post
Old 27-04-2021, 11:42 AM   #117
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [2020-2021] Manchester United ~ Transfer Rumors

Manchester United target Pau Torres reveals his 'pride' at attracting interest from the Premier League giants... but £43m-rated Villarreal defender insists he's NOT thinking about a summer move despite Real Madrid, Barcelona, City and Arsenal also circling

* Manchester United have been strongly linked with Villarreal star Pau Torres
* The 24-year-old is a highly-rated Spain international with a £43m release clause
* Torres has admitted his 'pride' at attracting interest from Europe's top clubs
* Real Madrid, Barcelona, City and Arsenal are also said to be keen on him
* Torres insists he is focused on Villarreal's European campaign and Euro 2020

Pau Torres has admitted his 'pride' over interest from Manchester United and a host of top European clubs, but insists he is not thinking about leaving Villarreal yet.

The defender has emerged as a target for number of big sides, with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City and Arsenal all said to be monitoring his progress.

United have been linked most strongly with Torres, who is available for his release clause of £43million this summer, and the 24-year-old says stories regarding his future only prove he is playing well for his club

'It's a pride to see that your work is reflected in these kind of things that are talked about,' he told Spanish newspaper Sport.

'But I face it with a lot of calm, I'm in a great club like Villarreal, and from the tranquillity, I work every day.'

Torres has helped Unai Emery's men into the Europa League semi-finals, where they face one of the teams interested in him, Arsenal.

And should Villarreal make it to the final, he could have a chance to impress suitors United on a big European stage. Despite this, the Spaniard insists his focus remains firmly on his current club and this summer's delayed European Championship.

Villarreal defender Pau Torres has admitted his 'pride' over interest from top European clubs. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is on the lookout for a new partner for captain Harry Maguire

He added. 'I'm not thinking about that (taking a step forward) either, there's still a long way to go, and my short-term objectives are the European semi-final and then to be available for the national team.'

United are in the market for a new partner for Harry Maguire this summer, with a number of players being considered by boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane is of interest, while Liverpool target Ibrahima Konate and Sevilla's Jules Kounde have also been watched.

Villarreal are likely to hold out for Torres' full £43m release clause this summer, with the figure set to rise to over £56m in the final 15 days of the transfer window.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9511483/Manchester-United-target-Pau-Torres-reveals-pride-Premier-League.html