View Single Post
Old 16-11-2022, 08:42 PM   #112
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peter Bolesław Schmeichel

Peter Schmeichel disagrees with fellow Man United legends by insisting Cristiano Ronaldo must STAY at Old Trafford... despite the Portuguese star insisting he has been 'betrayed' by the club in his bombshell interview

* Cristiano Ronaldo slammed Manchester United in an explosive interview
* Many have suggested United should let Ronaldo go in the January window
* Peter Schmeichel though insists he would like Ronaldo to stay at Old Trafford

Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel has gone against the grain by stating that he would like Cristiano Ronaldo to remain at Old Trafford.

There has been a wide perception that United should allow the Portuguese superstar to leave the club during the January transfer window, after his explosive interview with Piers Morgan.

Schmeichel though says he 'believes in fairytales' and wants the 37-year-old to stay put despite his frustrations with the club.

The former goalkeeper told BBC Radio 5 Live: 'I believe in fairy tales.

'I'm a big big fan of Ronaldo. I've always been a big fan of him. And I'm a big fan of Manchester United having the best players in the world.

'I hope there will be an opportunity where his people and Manchester United can sit down, and talk this through, and find a solution.

'I really want Cristiano to stay a Manchester United player.'

A number of former players have insisted that Ronaldo should be allowed to leave Old Trafford in January.

Teddy Sheringham said there was 'no turning back' while Rio Ferdinand - who has regularly come out to the defence of Ronaldo - said he 'can't defend' his former team-mate and that the interview was manufactured for him to leave.

In his interview with Morgan on Talk TV, which has been drip-fed since Sunday, Ronaldo claimed that manager Erik Ten Hag doesn't respect him.

Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel wants Cristiano Ronaldo to stay at the club. It comes despite the Manchester United star's explosive interview with Piers Morgan. Ronaldo is widely expected to leave Old Trafford in the aftermath of his interview. Former team-mates including Rio Ferdinand have condemned Ronaldo for his interview

He said: 'I don't have respect for him because he doesn't show respect for me.

'Some people, they don't want me here - not only the coach but the other two or three guys. Not only this year, but last year too.

'Honestly, I shouldn't say that. But listen, I don't care. People should listen to the truth. Yes, I feel betrayed.'

ESPN reported that Ten Hag has delayed his family holiday in the fallout from Ronaldo's astonishing interview and has demanded that the 37-year-old never play for the club again.

The Dutchman feels Ronaldo has gone too far in his criticism of the club and against himself, and held a meeting with co-chairman Joel Glazer, chief executive Richard Arnold and football director John Murtough to express his views on Monday.

Sportsmail on Monday reported that United are exploring ways of sacking Ronaldo and that lawyers are studying Ronaldo's claims to see if it constitutes a breach of his contract.

They are waiting for the rest of the interview which airs on Wednesday and Thursday, and issued a statement on Monday saying they 'will consider its response after the full facts have been established'.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11434585/Manchester-United-legend-Peter-Schmeichel-says-wants-Cristiano-Ronaldo-STAY-Old-Trafford.html