View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 09:20 AM   #18
Riskur
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter
Default Re: [UEL] Manchester United vs Celta Vigo

Mourinho thrilled as Reds reach final

Jose Mourinho was naturally delighted after his Manchester United team overcame Celta Vigo in dramatic fashion on Thursday night to reach the Europa League final later this month.

The Reds took the lead in the second leg through Marouane Fellaini's first-half header to go 2-0 up on aggregate but there was a tense finish after the visitors from Spain equalised and subsequently the goalscorer Facundo Roncaglia and United centre-back Eric Bailly were both sent off.
Here's what the manager had to say in his post-match interviews, on BT Sport and MUTV...

DIFFICULT SECOND LEG - AS EXPECTED

"I could guess from the first match because it was similar to Anderlecht. When you are the best team by far in the first leg, you have to kill everything in the first leg. We don't because we never kill, we never score goals related to the chances we have. And then we got an open game at home with all the pressure on our side with them completely free of pressure and responsibility and they gave us a very hard match."

RESPECT FOR CELTA VIGO
"They came as heroes, a small city, a small club that did amazingly well, with nothing to lose. So [they] dominated by the mental point of view – they did very well, they gave us a very difficult second half. So we had to suffer until the end and everything was open until the last second. The boys didn't play a phenomenal match but they fought, they gave everything they had to give and I'm really pleased for them because 14 matches and we are in the final so it's good."

BAILLY SENT OFF AND MISSES THE FINAL
"I didn't see the incident but he was phenomenal. The game was emotional until the end for everyone. Some kept their control in a better way than others. And I think it was the wrong card. The wrong card is not new in this kind of situation and probably Eric was a bit naive. I don't know [the details of] the incident but we have lost a very important player for the final and we don't have many."

AJAX v UNITED IN STOCKHOLM
"First of all two monsters – the history of Manchester United and the history of Ajax is amazing. But for us [if we win] it’s a trophy and the Champions League for next season. Finals are always fun, and the Europa League is a big, beautiful competition."

MANAGERIAL RECORD V AJAX - PLAYED 6, WON 6
"It means nothing. A final is a final and I played Ajax with Real Madrid all the six matches. It will be difficult. They are a young team, strong team and they finished their league this weekend."

AJAX CAN REST WHILE UNITED WORK AND PLAY
"They will have 12 days to prepare for the final and we will have three matches in the Premier League to play with a group of 15-16 players after a crazy season with so many matches. We have played so many matches because we progressed to two finals and the last 16 in the FA Cup. I have to say thank you to [referee] Michael Oliver for that red card to Ander Herrera because we couldn’t survive going further in the FA Cup. So let's try to prepare the team as best we can."

BETTER TO QUALIFY FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THIS WAY
"Of course it's better because it's a trophy. It's the second trophy of course in Europe and it's an important trophy. It gives you the European Super Cup to play for in August so it's a big, big match for us in Stockholm."

EUROPA LEAGUE + EFL CUP = SUCCESSFUL FIRST SEASON?
"I am more than happy, more than happy if we win the Europa League. It was so difficult, so hard for me this season, so if we manage to do that it will be amazing."

AND AFTER THE FINAL...?
"It’s the last match of our season, but I feel sorry for my boys who have to play the international games after. They should go to a spa after almost 70 matches, not go to their national teams."

More: Watch Jose's post-match interview with MUTV in the video player above

www.manutd.com