View Single Post
Old 19-07-2022, 09:39 AM   #8
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester United under Erik ten Hag

Erik ten Hag issues strict time-keeping rules to his Manchester United squad in a bid to stamp out ill-discipline... but the new Red Devils boss is keen for his players to police themselves as well

* Erik ten Hag has vowed to crack down on discipline issues at Manchester United
* The Dutch manager has issued a strict new time-keeping policy to his squad
* But the 52-year-old is keen for Red Devils players to police themselves as a group
* He also admitted that he was not averse to the odd explosive half-time team talk

Erik ten Hag has vowed to crack down on discipline at Manchester United but wants the players to police themselves as well.

United’s new manager has introduced strict new rules regarding time-keeping, nutrition and alcohol consumption after taking over this summer.

‘When you want to get results, you need a team,’ he said. ‘It is organisation, co-operation, and also you need discipline.

'When there is no discipline around, you will not find it on the pitch as well.

‘I’m quite severe on such issues. I will tell every player what I expect of them. I have high standards because you are here, you are playing for Manchester United, then you must bring it every day on the pitch.

'Why are you not acting to your standards? That is an expectation I have.

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag has vowed to stamp down on ill-discipline at the club. The 52-year-old coach has brought in a new set of time-keeping rules to improve discipline. He believes his Man United players have 'done well' in pre-season to adapt to his demands

‘I think we have done well. The players respond well to the demands we have. I set some standards, we introduce how we play, and I’m satisfied with that.’

Ten Hag isn’t averse to the odd half-time rant, saying: ‘It is a tool that a coach has. Most of the times it will go in a normal behaviour way. Sometimes you have to use all the set of tools you have.’

However, he is happy for United players to keep each other in line. ‘I think it is on the players themselves to also be severe to each other, because if they want to achieve success they have to stick together. Sometimes there is a need for correction.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11025191/Erik-ten-Hag-issues-strict-time-keeping-rules-vows-stamp-ill-discipline-Man-United.html