View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #5
rondwisan

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Re: Frans Hoek (goalkeeper coach)

06/08/2014 07:52 - ManUtd.com, Nick Coppack
Hoek striving for perfection

Frans Hoek claims Manchester United's new coaching team are always seeking perfection.

The goalkeeper coach worked with Louis van Gaal at Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and the Netherlands and enjoys a fabulous relationship with the manager.

In an exclusive interview with MUTV, the 57-year-old touched upon his philosophy and methods that have proved so successful over the years.

"It's like we both are searching for perfection," he explained. "For goalkeeper coaches, this is more normal than regular coaches as we know, as a goalkeeper, when you make a mistake, it could be very painful. So we try to work to perfection - to make as few mistakes as possible. What I find with Louis is we're both physical educators and have Masters degrees in Physical Education so we hit each other there as well.

"We are not like former players who did not have a University education as well, so we meet each other there and, as well as looking forward to the feeling of being a player, we also have scientific backgrounds that we really use in teaching and developing and stuff like that.

"We complement each other in the things we do and that means working with Louis is always working at the highest level, always going for the highest prizes, and for the best clubs in the world. It feels comfortable. It feels good.*

"We still develop every day," he insisted. "There is no routine. [There's] no 'we did it like that so we do it again'. Every day is a challenge and completely different. I haven't seen two days the same as long as I've worked with him. You cannot be in a routine - you have to develop.

"You look at what happens to the club and look to the players and their way of playing and how to influence that. I can only say what works is he asks me all the time and I say 'yes'. We have a very good co-operation and understanding together.

"One of the things I like as well in that co-operation is we always strive for a better way of doing it. The society is changing every day and we have to change with it. The players change too. The players you see now are not like the players of 10 years ago. So we have to look at it."
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote