United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > OUTSIDE UNITED > General Football

Old 27-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
rizluq
academy
@rizluq

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
rizluq has no contributions yet
Visit rizluq's Facebook Visit rizluq's Twitter
Default Re: Championship - News and Rumors

Blackburn Rovers sack Henning Berg

Guardian sport staff
guardian.co.uk

Blackburn Rovers have sacked Henning Berg as manager, the club said in a statement on Thursday: "Blackburn Rovers FC has announced the departure of manager Henning Berg, assistant manager Eric Black, first-team coach Iain Brunskill and goalkeeping coach Bobby Mimms with immediate effect.

"This decision has been taken following a very disappointing sequence of results. The club thanks the four men for their efforts and wishes them every success for the future."

The club was due to hold a board meeting on Thursday morning to discuss a successor.

Balaji Rao, a director of Venky's who owns Rovers, had earlier told the Times of India: "We have not been doing well and dropping points and losing matches quite often. I want to go up."

The club's former manager Mark Hughes, who was recently sacked by Queens Park Rangers, is the bookmakers' favourite to take over for a second time at Ewood Park and become the club's third manager in two months.

The Norwegian was appointed at the beginning of November on a three-year contract but has overseen only one victory and four draws from 11 Championship games. Rovers are currently 17th in the table following Berg's third loss in succession, Boxing Day's 1-0 defeat by Middlesbrough.

Berg had been mocked in the press after reports that he stormed out of the club's Christmas party last week. Berg reportedly made an angry exit from Rovers' annual staff event after being encouraged to wear a Christmas stocking, made to dance and having a Michael Jackson wig placed on his head.

Venky's took over the Lancashire club in 2010 and almost immediately sacked Sam Allardyce, replacing him with the unpopular Steve Kean who took Rovers down last season but had steered them to third-place in the Championship, having lost only one of eight league games, before being dismissed in September.
rizluq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #22
Victory
reserve player
masih newbie :)

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Victory is a jewel in the roughVictory is a jewel in the roughVictory is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizluq View Post
Blackburn Rovers sack Henning Berg

Guardian sport staff
guardian.co.uk

Blackburn Rovers have sacked Henning Berg as manager, the club said in a statement on Thursday: "Blackburn Rovers FC has announced the departure of manager Henning Berg, assistant manager Eric Black, first-team coach Iain Brunskill and goalkeeping coach Bobby Mimms with immediate effect.

"This decision has been taken following a very disappointing sequence of results. The club thanks the four men for their efforts and wishes them every success for the future."

The club was due to hold a board meeting on Thursday morning to discuss a successor.

Balaji Rao, a director of Venky's who owns Rovers, had earlier told the Times of India: "We have not been doing well and dropping points and losing matches quite often. I want to go up."

The club's former manager Mark Hughes, who was recently sacked by Queens Park Rangers, is the bookmakers' favourite to take over for a second time at Ewood Park and become the club's third manager in two months.

The Norwegian was appointed at the beginning of November on a three-year contract but has overseen only one victory and four draws from 11 Championship games. Rovers are currently 17th in the table following Berg's third loss in succession, Boxing Day's 1-0 defeat by Middlesbrough.

Berg had been mocked in the press after reports that he stormed out of the club's Christmas party last week. Berg reportedly made an angry exit from Rovers' annual staff event after being encouraged to wear a Christmas stocking, made to dance and having a Michael Jackson wig placed on his head.

Venky's took over the Lancashire club in 2010 and almost immediately sacked Sam Allardyce, replacing him with the unpopular Steve Kean who took Rovers down last season but had steered them to third-place in the Championship, having lost only one of eight league games, before being dismissed in September.
gilaaaa...baru aja ditunjuk, skrg dah dipecat untung aja Ole ga pindah ke Rovers...ga sabaran pemiliknya
Old 28-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #23
rizluq
academy
@rizluq

Nottingham Forest appoint Alex McLeish as their new manager

Stuart James
The Guardian

Nottingham Forest last night risked an angry backlash from fans when they appointed Alex McLeish as the club's new manager. The 53-year-old Scot, out of work since he was sacked by Aston Villa last May, has been chosen by the club's Kuwaiti owners to replace Sean O'Driscoll, who was unexpectedly dismissed following a 4-2 win over Leeds United on Boxing Day.

The club's chairman and co-owner, Fawaz Al-Hasawi, said in a statement on the club's website: "I'm delighted to welcome Alex to our club and look forward to working with him. Alex took Birmingham to promotion from the Championship and has great experience of working in the Premier League.

"He's hungry for more success and I believe he's the man who can help us fulfil our ambition of making it to the Premier League."

As the bookmakers' odds on McLeish's appointment tumbled last night, Forest fans tweeted Hasawi to express their distaste at the prospect of McLeish taking over, pointing to the former Scotland manager's reputation for serving up dour football during his time in charge at Birmingham and Villa.

Hasawi responded, tweeting: "I'm grateful for the opinions of our fans. Please be assured I'm working hard to do the right thing for the club."

Forest's owners had recently made it clear to O'Driscoll that they expect promotion to the Premier League, which is something that McLeish has delivered at Birmingham.

The former Forest captain Roy Keane – who was thought to be a front runner for the City Ground job – was present at the Leeds game, although it was not the first fixture he has watched at the City Ground this season and sources close to him insist that he had no prior knowledge O'Driscoll was on the brink.

Roberto Di Matteo was the fans' favourite, yet it was always unlikely that a man who led Chelsea to FA Cup and European Cup success only seven months ago would be willing to drop into the Championship.

Funds will be made available to the new manager – Forest's 12th in less than a decade – when the transfer window reopens, with the Hasawis determined to give the club they bought in July the best possible chance of Premier League football. Anything less than promotion, however, and it is easy to imagine another managerial search taking place next summer.
Old 28-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #24
rizluq
academy
@rizluq

Kevin MacDonald favourite to be next Blackburn Rovers manager

Ewan Murray
The Guardian

Mark Hughes has distanced himself from the Blackburn Rovers job, leaving the former Aston Villa coach Kevin MacDonald as favourite to head up a new managerial set-up at the club following the departure of Henning Berg from Ewood Park.

Berg and his managerial team were sacked by Venky's, Blackburn's Indian owners, after 57 days in charge at Ewood Park. The Norwegian presided over a single win in 10 matches which have left Rovers 17th in the Championship. Berg's last match in charge was the 1-0 defeat by Middlesbrough on Boxing Day.

The early indications are that Venky's now want to bring in MacDonald as head coach. The Scot left Villa Park in the summer and is still understood to be on the payroll at the Midlands club where he also served as a caretaker manager. MacDonald has been credited with a key role in the production of a series of promising young players at Villa but has always retained aspirations of being a manager in his own right.

Hughes, who has had spells playing for and managing Blackburn, has been linked with succeeding Berg. However, it is understood the post is not attractive to the 49-year-old at this time. Blackburn have also courted another of their ex-players, Tim Sherwood, in the past without success.

Berg is thought to have clashed with the Blackburn hierarchy in recent weeks. Before his appointment, he had controversially claimed: "To work as a manager for a club you need the right owners and to take over as a manager in a club with owners like that is madness."

Reflecting on his departure, Berg said: "It goes without saying that I am bitterly disappointed to have been relieved of my managerial duties at Ewood Park after just 57 days since my appointment.

"It was an honour for me to manage a club that is so close to my heart and I now wish all of them every success for the rest of the season and beyond.

"I would also like to thank the players and staff for their support and commitment in this short period. They have all done their best and unfortunately the results in these 10 games have not reflected their performances.

"I wish the club all the best in the future and am sure that with a few additions in the January transfer window they will have a good chance of getting a playoff place."

Balaji Rao, a director of Venky's, was quoted in the Indian media as saying: "We have not been doing well and dropping points and losing matches quite often. I want to go up."

Rovers, in their own brief statement, said: "Blackburn Rovers FC has announced the departure of manager Henning Berg, assistant manager Eric Black, first team coach Iain Brunskill and goalkeeping coach Bobby Mimms with immediate effect.

Old 29-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #25
rizluq
academy
@rizluq

Blackburn Rovers deny former Bollywood star is to be next head coach

Ewan Murray
The Guardian

Talks between Blackburn Rovers and Kevin MacDonald continued on Friday over a new managerial set-up at Ewood Park.

MacDonald left Aston Villa in the summer but is still being paid the remainder of his contract, which is due to run until next summer. With that in mind, he will seek a longer deal at Blackburn than simply until the end of this season.

Another element is the appointment of Alex McLeish at Nottingham Forest; McLeish and MacDonald worked together for a spell at Villa, although there is no suggestion of that alliance being re-formed.

Blackburn's plan after the sacking of Henning Berg is believed to be the appointment of a coaching team rather than a manager with assistants. MacDonald first caught Blackburn's attention when speaking to the club about being a coach under Berg.

Shebby Singh, Blackburn's global adviser, dismissed suggestions that he and Judan Ali – a coach with experience limited to youth and amateur level and star of the Bollywood football movie Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal – are likely to be handed the job.

Singh said: "No, no – he's a guest of the club and, no, there's been no appointments, there's been no signings. None at all. That's rumour and speculation at the end of the day, what can I say? Please, I am serious now, no it's not true.

"We've got capable people. This club is well run, we've got proper people. Gary Bowyer has been reserve team and under-21 manager for two years, he's been at the club for eight years.

"Terry McPhillips, Tony Grant [both youth coaches] – these are great guys. They've been working so hard behind the scenes and people don't realise all the good work that they've put in. So nothing of that sort [Singh and Ali taking training], it's been business as usual."

Balaji Rao, a director of the Venky's group which owns Blackburn, was quoted in India saying that an appointment of a manager with "Premier League experience" was imminent.

But Singh said: "I can safely say that is not true because I was on the phone with him. I've been on the phone with him all morning and no, it's not true. Someone's just decided to be mischievous about it so, no, it's not true."
Old 29-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #26
rizluq
academy
@rizluq

Jack Butland may be sold to ease Birmingham's financial worries

Press Association
guardian.co.uk

Jack Butland may leave Birmingham in the January transfer window in order to keep the club out of administration. The 19-year-old England goalkeeper is being chased by several teams, most notably Liverpool, who are understood to have already been in talks with the Midlands club.

Birmingham rejected a £6m bid from Southampton in the summer, but the acting chairman, Peter Pannu, has admitted the cash-strapped club may not be able to resist such temptations next month.

"I can't say that we are in a very wonderful situation, I would be lying if I said that," Pannu told the Birmingham Mail. "This is a very tricky question [player sales]. What I can say is that – and I might be blasted for this by the fans – but no one is for sale and everyone is available. As at any club.

"Give me a £15m offer for Jack Butland, can I say no? I have rejected £6m from Southampton but I rejected it when our finances were OK. As the time is ticking, I might not be able to reject it if I get something similar.

"I do have a responsibility to keep the club running. My top priority now – and if I do offend anyone, I care not – is to make sure this clubs stays afloat."

Butland is not the only player facing a possible exit, with a handful of other high earners troubling Birmingham's wage bill, most notably Nikola Zigic's £50,000-plus a week wages.

Pannu has been exploring the possibility of bringing in new owners or finding investment in the club for some time. The board of Birmingham International Holdings Limited, City's parent company, announced late last month it was in talks with two parties from Hong Kong and one from the UK – Gianni Paladini's Italian-backed consortium. It was at an advanced stage in discussions with one of the Hong Kong bidders, which has now fallen through.

Providing an update on the situation, Pannu said: "It is no secret that there are two parties in Hong Kong that we have been dealing with. The fans also know that my preferred party, the Charles Chan and SMEG group, unfortunately did not transpire. But we still have another very big party we are dealing with in Hong Kong."

Pannu also revealed he continues to be in discussions with Paladini's consortium and met a member of the bid for talks recently, although he is demanding greater clarity on those behind the offer and their plans.
Old 30-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #27
rizluq
academy
@rizluq

Confusion reigns at Huddersfield as two yellows don't add up to a red

Press Association
The Observer

The body in charge of referees have announced they will conduct an investigation into Mick Russell's failure to send off Sheffield Wednesday's Jeremy Helan in the Championship derby at Huddersfield – a decision that left Simon Grayson, the home side's manager, feeling "staggered". Confusion surrounded two incidents involving Helan in the first half of the goalless draw.

The Professional Game Match Officials Limited said in a statement: "PGMOL are to conduct an investigation into the incident. In the eighth minute of the match Mick Russell, the referee, stopped play when Jeremy Helan was adjudged to have simulated an offence inside the Huddersfield penalty area.

"However, it appears that instead of Helan (No24) receiving a caution, one was given instead for Michail Antonio (No7). At this point the referee recorded the name and number of Antonio in his notebook and advised the fourth official over the communication system that Antonio, No7, had been cautioned.

"In the 25th minute Helan was cautioned following a foul challenge. As the referee had not previously recorded his name he did not issue a red card for receiving a second caution in the same game. The official has subsequently admitted making a genuine error and PGMOL need to determine why this arose and what sanction, if any, should be administered to the match officials."

Earlier, Grayson said: "I think he's probably written the wrong number down in his book, which is staggering, and I also think he should have been helped by his officials, who should be overruling because they all know, when a referee makes a mistake like that, who he's booking. The linesman should be helping out. He's not done it deliberately but you can't make major mistakes like that.

"He's put Antonio's number in his book but he was nowhere near the incident. I don't mind referees making big mistakes in terms of tackles and sendings-off but something quite simple like that shouldn't be happening in Championship football.

"I'm not going to say Wednesday going down to 10 men would have guaranteed us winning the game but it would have certainly helped us. I just think referees in general should be accountable for any decisions and have a press conference after the game."

Amid the chaos, though, it appeared the Huddersfield defender Anthony Gerrard understood what had happened. "I didn't really notice to be honest. I thought he had booked two different players," he said. "I thought the first booking for the dive in the box was Antonio and the second one was Helan, so I didn't concern myself with it. If he did make a mistake, so be it, it's just one of those things that can happen."

The Wednesday manager, Dave Jones, believed Helan and not Antonio had been booked for diving – but he was more concerned about the accusation that one of his players had dived. "I don't know about a first booking: it was a penalty. That's the controversy," Jones said. "Helan has been clipped and he's not the type of lad to dive. I think we should have won the game. That's what I'm perplexed about."
Old 01-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #28
rizluq
academy
@rizluq

Shebby Singh in a rush to find Blackburn Rovers a new manager

Press Association
The Guardian

The Blackburn Rovers global adviser Shebby Singh wants to have a new manager in place at the Championship club by Tuesday. Having led the protracted recruitment process to appoint Henning Berg at Ewood Park, Singh sacked the former Rovers defender last week following 57 days and 10 games in charge that produced a solitary win.

A 3-1 victory at Barnsley on Saturday ended a turbulent week on a high for Blackburn and the reserve team manager Gary Bowyer is to continue in temporary charge for the New Year's Day visit of Nottingham Forest. Singh wants Berg's successor to have as much preparation time as possible before the FA Cup third-round home tie against Bristol City on Saturday and is awaiting agreement from owners Venky's with his preferred course of action. Nuno Gomes could be offered the player-manager's role.

Mark Hughes has reportedly ruled out a return to Ewood Park under the current board, while Roberto Di Matteo, who has also been linked with the job, is not under consideration. Singh told the Lancashire Telegraph: "I have made my submissions to my bosses. They will receive it, then we will talk about it. We would like to make an appointment on New Year's Day to start the new year in the right way and to see the back of a horrible 2012."

Rovers fans reacted angrily to reports that Singh was lining up the former Aston Villa caretaker manager Kevin MacDonald and the little-known coach Judan Ali to replace Berg and his backroom staff.

The director of operations, Paul Agnew, and the managing director, Derek Shaw, – the other board members involved in the selection process for Berg's appointment – travelled to India for meetings with Rovers' owners this week amid claims of a rift between the pair and Singh.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live's 606 programme on Saturday, Singh stated his preference for an experienced manager before dismissing any ructions at Ewood. After claiming he had spent his first six months at Blackburn "fighting enemies from the outside and inside", Singh said: "As with every organisation, not everybody is always fighting the same cause. Individuals have their own agendas sometimes – this is common everywhere you go. I would say I've just been fighting the regular battles."
Old 04-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #29
rizluq
academy
@rizluq

Blackburn rule out appointing new manager until end of January

Press Association
The Guardian

Blackburn Rovers have announced that their caretaker management duo of Gary Bowyer and Terry McPhillips will remain in charge of first-team affairs until the end of the January transfer window.

Bowyer, the reserve-team manager, and McPhillips, the youth-team manager, took control when Henning Berg was sacked after 57 days and 10 games in the job.

Under their guidance, Blackburn recorded a 3-1 win at Barnsley before beating Nottingham Forest 3-0 on New Year's Day – the club's first back-to-back Championship victories since October.

A Blackburn statement read: "This decision follows discussions between the owners, directors and global adviser [Shebby Singh]. The club would like to take this opportunity to thank Gary, Terry and the rest of the staff for their sterling efforts over recent days which have helped produce two successive and important league victories.

"The club's search for a new permanent manager will continue in earnest."

Following Saturday's FA Cup third-round tie with Bristol City, Blackburn's January programme features Championship trips to Wolves and Brighton either side of hosting Charlton. They lie 13th, five points from the play-off places.

The news that Bowyer and McPhillips will remain for the foreseeable future follows an interview on Thursday night with Singh, who told BBC Radio Lancashire that Berg's successor would only be handed an initial deal until the summer.

"We are looking to offer a short-term contract, a six-month contract with specific targets," he said. "Upon achieving those targets it would trigger off a longer-term contract. We are looking to reward success and not reward failure.

"You look for long-term stability but I think right now the situation is that everybody has got to be on a footing where we all want to pull together to achieve certain targets.

"There's no time to indulge in someone who thinks he can come in and have three years or four years on his contract and take his time about what we've set out to achieve."
Old 06-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #30
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Alex McLeish leaves Nottingham Forest after 40 days in charge

• McLeish announces departure by mutual consent
• Manager won one of seven matches in charge

Nottingham Forest's season has descended into farce after Alex McLeish left his post as manager at the City Ground only 40 days after replacing Sean O'Driscoll. McLeish's departure, which comes as no surprise after he was left deeply frustrated with the lack of activity in last month's transfer window, means that the al-Hasawi family, Forest's Kuwaiti owners, are now looking for their fourth manager since they took control of the club in July.

Rumours surfaced last Thursday night that McLeish had walked out after being bitterly upset with the club's refusal to sanction a deal for George Boyd, whose move from Peterborough collapsed because of an alleged eye defect. It was one of a number of signings that McLeish had hoped to make on a deadline day, only for none of the deals to come off. Forest's chairman, Fawaz al-Hasawi, insisted there was no truth in the rumours, and that he and McLeish "have a very good working relationship and it troubles me greatly that people think otherwise".

Although McLeish stayed on to take charge of Saturday's away game at Birmingham City, where he was returning for the first time since his highly controversial switch to Aston Villa in the summer of 2011, he did nothing to dampen the speculation about his position when he refused to answer questions about his future after the 2-1 defeat at St Andrew's. There was a sense of inevitability that he would soon be moving on.

That news arrived on Tuesday morning, when McLeish issued a statement, via the League Managers' Association, confirming that he had left Forest by mutual consent after seven games in charge that delivered one win, two draws and four defeats. "I am extremely saddened to be leaving after such a short period but even so it has been a privilege to be manager of such a fantastic football club and I want to thank the players, staff and fans for their support and wish Nottingham Forest the best of fortunes ahead.

"Both parties entered into the relationship in good faith. However, there was a difference in the understanding of the development strategy of the football club and it was felt by both parties that we should part company."

Nigel Adkins has been installed as the early favourite for the position, although it would be a brave man that takes the Forest job under the current owners and with so much turmoil behind the scenes. While it may not have come as a huge surprise when the al-Hasawi family sacked Steve Cotterill within 48 hours of completing their takeover, the decision to dismiss O'Driscoll, only hours after Forest had defeated Leeds United 4-2 to leave them only one point adrift of the play-off places, went down badly with many supporters.

Fawaz al-Hasawi, Forest's chairman, said on the clubs website: "I'm bitterly disappointed – as is Alex – that it has not worked out as we had hoped. I would like to put on record my thanks for his services and wish him every success in the future."

Code:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/05/alex-mcleish-leaves-nottingham-forest

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 49
adaastopa5922, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, annetapitt5084, Aso Chrisjefta, bbobbyitta5057, braausasda9593, Elpiji, Fajar_, fajrinited, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, ghopoereds, h-ANG, iamsetia, ihsan_banget, irhamutd, jehnzhulze7993, jifortin, Lola, loveUNITED, moehfar, Ompiter, penk22_, Pure_red, Redsbusby, richoeka, rizluq, Ryan_lallo, SR 7, stevenazure, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, VaDLi, Vanilla.Float, Van_Munandar, Victory, Wengge Schmeichel, word89vkodv, xkeiszglf34, zudomiriku