United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 24-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
drivemein
first team
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice
Default Joshua Christian Kojo King

August’s Player of the Month: Joshua King

Posted by nickogs20 on September 6, 2009

Both the reserves and the academy have started the campaign brightly, offering up a number of potential recipients of our first seasonal award. Fittingly, the United Youth Player of the Month for August ‘09 is someone who has made a big impact at both levels – step forward Josh King.

Truth be told, there was very little separating King and a number of other players who have really hit the ground running this term. Compatriot Magnus Eikrem was an extremely close contender after some terrific display for the reserves, and the likes of Joe Dudgeon, Craig Cathcart, Cameron Stewart and Robbie Brady all came under serious consideration.

Josh has just got the nod, however, for a series of scintillating displays that have vindicated those who saw great potential in the young Norwegian’s limited outings last season, as well as alerting many others to his talents for the first time. Injury may have limited the 17 year-old’s participation in the Northern Ireland Milk Cup but he still grabbed a crucial equaliser in the semi-final with Fenerbahce, before going on to terrorise Huddersfield and Tottenham in academy action.

Furthermore, Ole Solskjaer had no qualms in throwing the Oslo-born striker into the reserve side for the season-opening double header against Bolton, and while Josh may not have yet found the scoresheet for the second string, the manner in which he gave much more experienced defenders the runaround in both fixtures showed a fearlessness and confidence to compliment his obvious attributes as a hugely promising all-round centre-forward.

Everything points towards a great season ahead, with some even predicting Carling Cup opportunities and/or a Macheda-esque impact at first-team level over the coming months. That talk is almost certainly premature, especially as the coaching staff will be wary of asking too much of a youngster who has struggled with injuries in the past, but if Josh can continue to progress and develop at his current rate, he will be one to watch with great interest.
drivemein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
drivemein
first team
-

drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice
Default Re: Joshua King

Joshua King

Birthdate: 15 Jan 1992
Birthplace: Oslo
Position: Striker
Appearances: 1
Goals: 0
Joined United: 01 Jul 2008
United Debut: 23 Sept 2009 v Wolves (H)
International

Norwegian striker Joshua King is a powerful centre-forward with what Under-18s coach Paul McGuinness describes as “raw potential”.

The Oslo-born teenager suffered a spate of injuries in the 2008/09 campaign which limited his involvement, but he remains highly-regarded by the coaches at Old Trafford and impressed at the start of the 2009/10 with some exciting displays in the U18s and Reserves.

Still developing physically as well as on the pitch, King has shown plenty of promise of progression in both departments. “He’s going to be a very good athlete,” adds Paul. “He's tall, strong and a very

powerful player. He’s a strong runner with or without the ball and he can beat defenders.”

King can add natural goalscorer to his list of talents; he's displayed a keen eye for goal inside and outside of the box.

After impressing for both teams, Joshua was handed a Premier League squad number on 21 September 2009. And he got a chance to wear his new no.41 shirt two days later in an impressive United debut, as a substitute in the 1-0 League Cup win over Wolverhampton Wanderers at Old Trafford.
Old 24-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
drivemein
first team
-

The Following User Says Thank You to drivemein For This Useful Post:
Old 24-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
Oom Panda
captain
Juragan Sempak

Thanked 1,075 Times in 531 Posts
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Oom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of lightOom Panda is a glorious beacon of light

Buset... langsung dibuatin threadnya... ^^
Oom Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #5
Tomtom
first team
Apaan sih ini..?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tomtom has a spectacular aura aboutTomtom has a spectacular aura about

mantap bro tyo.....
semoga makin bersinar nih bocah....dan bisa jadi the real KING....hehehe
Tomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
drivemein
first team
-

Man Utd boss Ferguson: Joshua King has big future
24.09.09 | tribalfootball.com

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted to hand 17 year-old Norwegian Josh King a debut in their Carling Cup win over Wolves.

"The boy has a really good future," said Ferguson.

"In fact, with Welbeck, Federico Macheda and Joshua King we have some really good young strikers. It is a long time since we had a group as good as that coming through the club."
Old 24-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
drivemein
first team
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post
mantap bro tyo.....
semoga makin bersinar nih bocah....dan bisa jadi the real KING....hehehe
iya neh bro tomtom...
ane penasaran bgt sama pemuda baru Man United yg 1 ini.
Mudah"an akan bersinar & jd Raja di Old Trafford.

Glory...Glory...Man United...!!!
Old 24-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #8
drivemein
first team
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oom Panda View Post
Buset... langsung dibuatin threadnya... ^^
iya donk Oom Panda, kan J.King udah jd bagian dr Man United.
Old 24-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #9
drivemein
first team
-

King satisfied by bow

Joshua King felt he acquitted himself well on his first senior outing against Wolves, even if he would have preferred to cap it with a goal.

The 17-year-old striker, rewarded with a call-up after a string of promising displays with the Reserves, looked the part in his 10-minute cameo, and he is hoping for more action over the remainder of the season.

"It's a big step up, obviously, but now I've just got to keep training hard and working hard and I might get a chance in the next Carling Cup game," he told MUTV. "It was a big day for me. I maybe should have scored, but I thought I did well.

"It's been good to play with the Reserves. Last season I was injured most of the time, so this time I've come back and stayed fit. Hopefully I'll stay fit further. I've been with the Reserves quite a bit this season, and I want to keep training hard and continue."

Nerves are inevitable for one of such tender years, but King admitted the presence of fellow Norwegian Magnus Eikrem on the subsitutes' bench proved helpful.

"It was quite nervy at the start, like when I found out yesterday I got a squad number and that I might be in the squad," he said. "But as soon as I went on the pitch the nerves flew away and I got on with it.

"Me and Magnus have got each other - it's a bit of help maybe. We support each other and he supported me when we knew I was going to get on. He told me to do well and it was good to have him with me."
Old 24-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #10
drivemein
first team
-

Gambar" J.King saat melawan Wolves.
King hanya main kira" 10 menit. ENJOY...

Salah satu aksi Josh...

Last edited by drivemein; 25-09-2009 at 02:21 PM..

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 40
aldysetiabudi, Andi Istiabudi, cie_1, dery pramudito, dudut, fadilbedil, febza, fey777, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, ilz, just.fluke, M alfa faindra, Mahesa_Jenar, MUFC1878, oldark, red, revald, rio vander vidic, Rizana, rizky na, sepatu_ancur, SR 7, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, uicb-dyz, UNITED1878, united7, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, Victory, vivasoilsolid, w.keane27, wahyou91, wira_ozora, zudomiriku, [skywalker]