United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 16-07-2022, 12:52 AM   #1
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Christian Eriksen

TRANSFER NEWS: ERIKSEN SIGNS FOR UNITED

Manchester United is pleased to confirm that Christian Eriksen has joined the club, signing a contract until June 2025.

The midfielder has been capped 115 times for Denmark, scoring 38 goals for his country. Eriksen has played 237 games in the Premier League, registering 52 goals and 71 assists.

Christian Eriksen said:

“Manchester United is a special club, and I cannot wait to get started. I have had the privilege of playing at Old Trafford many times but to do it in the red shirt of United will be an amazing feeling.

“I have seen Erik’s work at Ajax and know the level of detail and preparation that he and his staff put into every day. It is clear that he is a fantastic coach. Having spoken with him and learned more about his vision and the way he wants the team to play, I am even more excited for the future. I still have major ambitions in the game, there is a huge amount that I know I can achieve, and this is the perfect place to continue my journey.”

John Murtough, Manchester United Football Director, said:

“Christian has been one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe throughout his career. It is no surprise that he had so many options this summer, so we are really happy that he was convinced that this is the right club for him.

“In addition to his outstanding technique, Christian will add valuable experience and leadership skills to the squad, and we are looking forward to seeing the benefits of these qualities on the pitch this coming season and beyond.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2022, 12:55 AM   #2
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Christian Eriksen

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2022, 09:38 PM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'I've seen Erik's work... and I can't wait to get started': Manchester United CONFIRM the signing of Christian Eriksen as he hails his new boss Ten Hag, 12 months on from cardiac arrest at the Euros

* Eriksen, 30, becomes Manchester United's second signing of the summer
* Danish midfielder has agreed a three-year contract through until 2025
* He decided to move to Old Trafford ahead of remaining at Brentford
* Eriksen will not fly out to Australia to join United's pre-season tour Down Under
* Instead, he will build up his fitness levels at their Carrington training base

Manchester United have completed the signing of Christian Eriksen as a free agent.

Eriksen becomes United's second new arrival under manager Erik ten Hag after agreeing a three-year contract at Old Trafford until 2025.

The 30-year-old Dane will not be joining the remainder of the club's pre-season tour of Australia which only has another week to run, and will work on his fitness at Carrington instead.

Manchester United have completed the signing of Christian Eriksen on a three-year contract. He is seen playing for Brentford at Old Trafford last season

Eriksen's arrival at Old Trafford completes a remarkable return after his cardiac arrest suffered while playing for Denmark in the first game of last year's European Championship

Eriksen said: 'Manchester United is a special club, and I cannot wait to get started. I have had the privilege of playing at Old Trafford many times but to do it in the red shirt of United will be an amazing feeling.

'I have seen Erik's work at Ajax and know the level of detail and preparation that he and his staff put into every day. It is clear that he is a fantastic coach.

'Having spoken with him and learned more about his vision and the way he wants the team to play, I am even more excited for the future. I still have major ambitions in the game, there is a huge amount that I know I can achieve, and this is the perfect place to continue my journey.'

Eriksen's move to Old Trafford completes a quite remarkable comeback following his collapse from a cardiac arrest on the pitch at the European Championships just 13 months ago.

Eriksen becomes Erik ten Hag's second signing since becoming Manchester United manager. Eriksen impressed in the Premier League with Brentford when he arrived there in January

The former Tottenham and Inter Milan playmaker trained with his old club Ajax – where Ten Hag was in charge – during his recovery before spending the second half of last season at Brentford.

It was enough to convince United, have a long-standing interest in Eriksen going back a number of years, that he could play again at the highest level while Ten Hag had also been impressed by what he had seen.

Eriksen chose United over a return to Brentford earlier this summer, but he had to undergo a more stringent medical due to the heart issue before he could sign as a free agent.

United's football director John Murtough said: 'Christian has been one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe throughout his career. It is no surprise that he had so many options this summer, so we are really happy that he was convinced that this is the right club for him.

'In addition to his outstanding technique, Christian will add valuable experience and leadership skills to the squad, and we are looking forward to seeing the benefits of these qualities on the pitch this coming season and beyond.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11017747/Man-United-confirm-signing-Christian-Eriksen-three-year-contract.html
welcome to Old Trafford, Eriksen
Old 16-07-2022, 10:06 PM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Christian Eriksen is a shrewd signing for Man United and will work well under Erik ten Hag... he has a point to prove after a poor end to his Spurs career and mixed fortunes at Inter, while added competition may inspire out-of-sorts Bruno Fernandes

* Manchester United have officially announced the signing of Christian Eriksen
* He has signed a three-year deal to become United's second summer signing
* The 30-year-old was exceptional during his short stint at Brentford last season
* Eriksen is likely to be a squad player but provides United with another option
* He endured a difficult end to his career at Spurs and struggled at Inter Milan

The clamour for Manchester United to sign Christian Eriksen gathered pace when Brentford visited Old Trafford in May - and that clamour has now become a reality.

While the match itself was largely meaningless and had a true end of season feel, Eriksen was arguably the best player on the park - even if his side were soundly beaten by United.

The 30-year-old showed he was still capable of playing at the top level, an incredible feat for someone who had suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch at Euro 2020, as he demonstrated his vision, wide array of passing and the ability to dictate from the middle of the pitch.

That 90 minutes at Old Trafford was a perfect illustration of his short spell at Brentford, who he joined in January after having his contract terminated at Inter Milan in December.

Manchester United officially announced the signing of Christian Eriksen on Friday afternoon. The midfielder was hugely impressive when Brentford faced United at Old Trafford in May

Eriksen drew admirers not just for the fact he was back playing - a remarkable achievement in itself - but for the way he controlled games for Thomas Frank's side.

It was no wonder Brentford were desperate to keep him. The Bees offered him a contract to stay in West London, but the Danish star has instead signed for Manchester United and joined Erik ten Hag's revolution.

Eriksen on Friday became United's second signing under the Dutchman after agreeing a three-year contract at Old Trafford until 2025.

He will not be joining the remainder of the club's pre-season tour of Australia which only has another week to run, and will work on his fitness at Carrington instead.

Here, Sportsmail looks at his potential role at United, how his arrival has been received by the fans and why he may have a point to prove.

Where will Eriksen fit in?

United have been crying out for depth in midfield for years, a need exacerbated by the departures of Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic, Juan Mata and Jesse Lingard this summer.

The signing of Eriksen gives the Red Devils another option and adds a touch of class to a much-maligned midfield unit.

The Danish international suffered a cardiac arrest on the pitch during Euro 2020 last summer. Eriksen signs for United 13 months after collapsing on the pitch while playing for his country. Eriksen will provide much-needed competition to United's playmaker Bruno Fernandes

Eriksen has adapted his game over time, regularly coming deeper to pick up the ball for Brentford and his passing and creativity from those areas will be an asset for United.

The Red Devils will be in the Europa League next season after failing to finish in the top four following a dismal and forgettable end to the campaign and will need all the players they can get to tackle the gruelling European schedule.

Eriksen is likely to be a squad player under Ten Hag, given Bruno Fernandes' prominence and the possible signing of Frenkie de Jong, but he is a natural fit in the Dutchman's preferred 4-3-3 formation when called upon.

He will provide competition to Bruno Fernandes, who perhaps needs to feel his place is under pressure if he is to recapture the form that quickly propelled him to hero status at Old Trafford.

On the other hand, Fernandes has shown his petulant side too often for many fans' liking and there is no guarantee he reacts well to Eriksen joining the club.

It is unlikely that Eriksen will immediately dislodge the Portuguese but Fernandes will be wary that, if he fails to reach his previous heights, the Dane will be waiting to seize his opportunity.

How has the signing been received?

The majority of United fans have reacted positively to the arrival of the Dane.

Smart business and United have rarely gone together in recent years, particularly under the now-departed Ed Woodward, but there is little doubt the move for Eriksen is a shrewd one.

Some have lamented the fact that Eriksen, like so many others who have come through the door at Old Trafford, did not join the club five or 10 years ago.

Danny Murphy (E) insists he would be 'underwhelmed' by Eriksen's (left) signing if he was a United fan

Yet, the overall impression was positive, with one fan writing on Twitter: 'So happy to have you at Manchester United, Christian. Looking forward to seeing what you can do, and seeing you bring a touch of class to the play.'

Former Liverpool midfielder Danny Murphy was not so sure about the move when the news of a verbal agreement first broke. Murphy said he would be 'underwhelmed' if he was a United fan and said the Dane is 'not world class'.

'I really like Eriksen, I've always admired him in terms of his creativity and the way he plays his football,' Murphy told talkSPORT.

'He tries things, he's good at set-plays, two good feet but would it excite me if I was a United fan? He's going to be a squad player, isn't he?

'He could change a game, yes, that's fair. He could come off the bench and change a game but is he going to bring United closer to Liverpool and City? Nowhere near it.

'In the cold light of day, if they want to be competitive against Liverpool, City and Chelsea, or even just Liverpool and City, that's not the type of signing United should be making.'

Why might he have a point to prove?

Eriksen was nicknamed 'golazo' for his tendency to score or make an assist at crucial moments and described as being the 'brain' of the team by former boss Mauricio Pochettino after his largely successful spell at Spurs.

He became a fan favourite at the club where he made more than 300 appearances but his last season was a difficult one to say the least.

Eriksen was cast as the villain of the piece towards the end of his time in North London after saying he wanted to leave in the summer of 2019. A protracted saga followed - not of the player's doing, it must be said - and he did not depart for Inter Milan until six months later.

Spurs fans slowly turned on their once-lauded playmaker and he was booed by sections of the club's fans in his final three matches for their side.

His desire to embark on a new challenge, coupled with his below-par displays on the pitch, threatened to tarnish his legacy at Spurs but he is still remembered fondly and there are certainly supporters who may have wished he returned rather than sign for United.

Eriksen endured a difficult end to his Spurs career and was booed by fans for his displays.The Dane also struggled to make his mark for Inter before they terminated his contract

Eriksen also endured a mixed spell at Inter after finally quitting White Hart Lane. He played 60 matches, scoring eight goals, before his stint in Italy came to a premature end following his cardiac arrest while playing for Denmark against Finland at Euro 2020.

He had struggled to make his mark with the Serie 'A' outfit, who were forced to terminate his contract as he would have been prohibited from playing in Italy with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator due to local health regulations.

What made him choose United?

Eriksen had plenty of offers on the table after shining at Brentford, where he scored one goal and made four assists in 11 appearances.

As well as United and Brentford, Everton, Leicester, West Ham and Ajax were all keen on securing his signature, while there were also rumours of interest from Spurs.

Eriksen has become Manchester United's second signing under new manager Erik ten Hag

While the Dane will accept he may not be first-choice at United, the chance to play for one of the game's biggest clubs - likely for the last time in his career - was too good to turn down.

As was the chance to work under Ten Hag, with the pair briefly crossing paths when Eriksen was at Ajax, the club Ten Hag left to take up the managerial hotseat at United, from 2010 to 2013.

The fans will now hope he justifies his salary by bringing his Brentford form with him to Old Trafford - for them instead of against them this time.

What has Eriksen said of the move?

In signing for United, Eriksen insists he still has ambitions at the top of the game, detailing a crucial conversation he had with Ten Hag before completing the transfer.

'Manchester United is a special club, and I cannot wait to get started,' he said. 'I have had the privilege of playing at Old Trafford many times but to do it in the red shirt of United will be an amazing feeling.

Eriksen insists he still has ambitions at the highest level and a huge amount to achieve

'I have seen Erik's work at Ajax and know the level of detail and preparation that he and his staff put into every day.

'It is clear that he is a fantastic coach. Having spoken with him and learned more about his vision and the way he wants the team to play, I am even more excited for the future.

'I still have major ambitions in the game, there is a huge amount that I know I can achieve, and this is the perfect place to continue my journey.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11017645/Manchester-United-Christian-Eriksen-shrewd-signing-point-prove.html
Old 27-07-2022, 09:14 AM   #5
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Christian Eriksen reveals the chance to work under Erik ten Hag was 'a very big influence' in him joining Manchester United this summer... as the Dane is unveiled after his free transfer

* Christian Eriksen has revealed Erik ten Hag was a big factor in his summer move
* The Dane completed has signed a three-year-deal with Manchester United
* The former Brentford man says 'my style of play hopefully fits in with his ideas'
* Eriksen could debut against Atletico Madrid and Rayo Vallecano this weekend

Christian Eriksen has revealed that the prospect of working under Erik ten Hag again was a 'very big influence' in his move to Manchester United.

The former Spurs and Brentford midfielder signed a three-year-deal with the Red Devils after completing a free transfer this month, following his departure from the Bees.

In his first interview with the club, the 30-year-old has revealed just how big of a factor the new United boss was in his move - and admits he'd never imagined signing for the club after his near-fatal incident at Euro 2020.

When asked just how big a factor ten Hag was, Eriksen told the club website: 'Very. I want to come here to play football, I don't come here just for the logo itself, I want to come here and play.

Christian Eriksen has signed a three-year-deal with Manchester United this summer. The Dane revealed new boss Erik ten Hag was a 'very' big factor in his move to Old Trafford

'I think, with the idea of the manager coming in and the ideas he had, and also with my conversations with him, I mean I could see myself playing football in Manchester.

'To speak with the manager and hear his ideas and have conversations with him on the football terms, was great and ideal for me to get the decision and the possibility of coming to Manchester United.

'I think my style of play hopefully fits in with his ideas and, hopefully, it's something that will connect in a good and positive way.

'So, of course, his style of football, I think it suits me,' he added.

Ten Hag has gained a reputation for playing attacking football focused on well-trained patterns of play, which are then executed by technically proficient players - which the Dane could suit perfectly.

Eriksen also went on to admit he never envisioned a move to United would occur after suffering a cardiac arrest for Denmark at Euro 2020.

The midfielder is hoping his style of play suits that of ten Hag - who favours an attacking style. The Dane admitted he'd never envisioned signing for the club after suffering a cardiac arrest

'No, because I think from my career path before the incident in the Euros, the planning wasn't to go back to the UK at all. I was thinking my time to go to Manchester United was before!

'Obviously, then I was at Spurs, and then went to Italy, but now to sit here is definitely something that I didn't expect, but I'm also very happy that I'm here. It feels good, it feels good to be here.'

The Red Devils host Brighton on Sunday August 7 during the opening weekend of the season and return to Old Trafford two weeks later to face rivals Liverpool.

Still yet to make his first appearance since arriving at the club, Eriksen could feature in Man United's final two pre-season matches against Atletico Madrid and Rayo Vallecano this weekend.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11051849/Christian-Eriksen-reveals-working-Erik-ten-Hag-big-influence-Manchester-United-move.html
Old 27-07-2022, 09:28 AM   #6
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United signing Christian Eriksen describes Old Trafford as the 'PERFECT place' to make a debut... as he relishes the prospect of his first match at the Theatre of Dreams against Brighton

* Christian Eriksen described Old Trafford as the 'perfect' place to make his debut
* The playmaker joined Manchester United on a free transfer earlier this summer
* Eriksen is looking forward to his potential debut against Brighton next Saturday
* He said Old Trafford was a special place to visit as a Spurs and Brentford player

Christian Eriksen has described Old Trafford as the 'perfect place' to make a debut, as he looks forward to his potential first appearance for Manchester United against Brighton on the opening day of the season.

The ex-Spurs and Brentford midfielder signed for the Red Devils on a free transfer this month, just a year after suffering a cardiac arrest for Denmark at Euro 2020.

Eriksen revealed during an interview with the club that the Theatre of Dreams was always a special place to visit whilst at his former clubs.

'[It's] the perfect place to do it, at Old Trafford. It will be fun to see the fans in stadium,' he told the club website.

Man United signing Christian Eriksen has said that Old Trafford is the 'perfect place' to debut. The 30-year-old star said the stadium was always a special place to visit as a Brentford player

'The atmosphere in the stadium was very nice [when I played here previously]. It was a very, very good feeling and an impressive atmosphere.

'[Matches at Old Trafford have] always been very good. There have been some very tough games in between, but always good memories.

'It's always been very special to play at Old Trafford. In general, playing against such a big club like Manchester United, there's always something with it.

'Like I said, it's going to be weird being on the other side.'

The Red Devils host Brighton on Sunday August 7 during the opening weekend of the season and return to Old Trafford two weeks later to face rivals Liverpool.

Still yet to make his first appearance since arriving at the club, Eriksen could feature in Man United's final two pre-season matches against Atletico Madrid and Rayo Vallecano this weekend.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11050465/Man-United-signing-Christian-Eriksen-describes-Old-Trafford-PERFECT-place-debut.html
Old 29-07-2022, 09:23 AM   #7
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

WHAT NUMBER WILL ERIKSEN WEAR?

Christian Eriksen’s Manchester United squad number can now be revealed.

The Danish international was officially unveiled as a Red earlier this week, after joining as a free agent on a three-year deal.

Eriksen will hope to be involved in this weekend’s friendlies against Atletico Madrid and Rayo Vallecano. Both games will be shown live on the United App, ManUtd.com and MUTV.

Ahead of those matches, where we hope the 30-year-old can be seen in action for United for the first time, we can confirm that Eriksen will wear the no.14 shirt during the 2022/23 season.

It will be the first time Christian has sported that particular number during his club career – he was no.8 for the majority of his time at Ajax and wore no.23 at Tottenham Hotspur.

Eriksen was given the no.24 for his two-year stint with Internazionale and took the no.21 during his half-season spell at Brentford earlier this year.

Our new midfielder succeeds Jesse Lingard in the no.14 shirt – the Academy product vacated the number this summer, meaning it was free for the first time since 2016.

Lingard made 191 appearances in the shirt, scoring 29 goals.

Eriksen will wear the No 14 shirt vacated by Jesse Lingard when he departed over the summer

Aside from Jesse, another notable no.14 wearer was Javier Hernandez, with the Mexican international netting 59 times in 157 games for United.

Zoran Tosic briefly wore no.14 in 2008/09, while Alan Smith, Tim Howard, David May and the late Andy Goram have also sported it during games this century.

Jordi Cruyff emulated his famous father Johan – who made the no.14 famous during his time with Ajax, Barcelona and the Netherlands – by taking the shirt when signing in 1996, a year after Andrei Kanchelskis vacated it.

The flying winger was our first regular wearer of the no.14 upon the introduction of squad numbers and it must have been lucky for him in 1994/95, as he finished as United’s top scorer in all competitions.

Code:
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/christian-eriksen-man-utd-squad-number-confirmed-for-2022-23
Old 01-08-2022, 10:05 AM   #8
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'We can't replace that': Brentford boss Thomas Frank says it would be 'impossible' to find a new Christian Eriksen - but backs his players to 'construct a different game'

* Christian Eriksen joined Manchester United on a free transfer this summer
* He scored one and assisted four for Brentford last season as they came 13th
* Brentford manager Thomas Frank admitted he would be 'impossible to replace'

Brentford boss Thomas Frank admits it will be ‘impossible’ to replace Christian Eriksen after the midfielder chose to join Manchester United.

Eriksen spent the second half of last season with the Bees after joining on a short-term deal in January, scoring in the 4-1 win over Chelsea and making four assists in 11 games.

United then swooped to sign the 30-year-old, with Frank saying: ‘I would have loved him to stay. He brought a lot of quality to us.

'We can’t replace that, it’s impossible to replace Eriksen’s quality. But we can hopefully replace it with something different.’

Christian Eriksen recently joined Manchester United on a free transfer after leaving the Bees. Thomas Frank admitted brentford 'can't replace' the 30-year-old midfielder

The Bees offered Eriksen an improved deal but the Denmark international cited ‘major ambitions’ and joined United on a three-year contract.

Frank added: ‘Hopefully we can construct a different game. Mathias Jensen needs to step up, and I think we still have some very interesting midfielders in Shandon Baptiste, Josh Dasilva and Saman Ghoddos.'

Brentford overcame a mid-season dip in form to finish in a solid 13th last season.

They have had a reasonably good transfer window, bringing in the likes of highly-rated fullback Aaron Hickey from Bologna and hanging on to key forward Ivan Toney.

The Bees will need to get the most out of their squad if they are to enjoy another comfortable Premier League finish.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11065539/Brentford-boss-Thomas-Frank-says-impossible-new-Christian-Eriksen.html
Old 02-08-2022, 09:41 AM   #9
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Christian Eriksen reveals he had talks with THREE different Man United managers before finally joining the club - including when he was at Tottenham - as he says return to Spurs was not on the cards as they 'never really came with anything'

* Christian Eriksen admits he almost joined Man Utd on three previous occasions
* The midfielder spoke to three different Red Devils managers about signing
* Danish star admits any return to Tottenham this season was only ever 'talk'

Christian Eriksen admits it is fourth time lucky in his attempts to become a Manchester United player and complete his remarkable comeback story.

The Danish international has proved an instant hit following his summer move to Old Trafford, barely 13 months since he suffered a cardiac arrest during a Euro Finals game.

And Eriksen revealed that, after a successful five-month return with Brentford, he is delighted to finally make the move to United, after previous potential transfer talks with Louis van Gaal, Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer all led nowhere.

'Even when I was at Spurs, I've spoken to every manager who's been here at Man United to see what the situation was,' said Eriksen.

'But I was at Spurs at the time and I really couldn't see myself playing in another English team at that time. I went abroad and went to Inter.

'So, it's been on the books, well, not on the books but it's been spoken about. For me, it wasn't the right timing, it wasn't there and I was at a place at Spurs for a long time and I wanted to try something abroad and I went to Inter and ended up having a lovely time.

'But then obviously something happened in the summer and that changed a bit the career path I had in mind, and then obviously to come back to Brentford, first of all, and then to be here is something I didn't think could happen a year ago.

'(Returning to Tottenham) was only talk, they never really came with anything so it wasn't really a thing for me to go back to Tottenham at the time and Man United were very early on, very positive and I had good conversations.

'It was very positive from the first few phone calls already and the club felt like they wanted me, so it was on for a long time.'

Christian Eriksen has revealed he came close to joining Manchester United in the past. The Danish star spoke to three different Man Utd managers about a move in previous years. Eriksen made his first star for new club Man Utd in this weekend's 1-1 draw with Rayo Vallecano

Despite Eriksen's understandable reluctance to talk about the horrors of that afternoon in Copenhagen last June, the playmaker admitted he never lost faith in his ability and his home debut, in Sunday's friendly draw with Rayo Vallecano marked the fulfilment of a dream.

'In that sense, no, I've always trusted my football abilities,' he said. 'And there have always been different clubs.

'Obviously, I was at Brentford last season, it was a bit new for me but it went well, I had a lovely time but going to Manchester after, on the fan base and the club, it's the biggest.

'It's a historical and a special club to be at and the vibe even from going to Norway, the fanbase over there was incredible.

'Obviously, to play at home it's special but I've never thought, I've had feelings of going or not going, but I never thought it was going to happen. So to be playing in a home shirt here at Old Trafford is special.'

Eriksen's performance in Saturday's defeat to Atletico Madrid in Oslo, followed by his display against Vallecano, have won over fans and left him with a real chance of featuring in Erik ten Hag's opening day line-up against Brighton on Sunday.

'I feel good. I'm always most pleased when pre-season's finished and the season starts and then you know your condition is where you hope it should be,' said Eriksen.

'It's been good, I've been taken good care of by the group and I've been getting my minutes. I'm really trying to slot in as quickly as possible to the first-team.

'I don't know if it's a new energy at the club but it's good energy. It's felt good even now for a bit more than a week, being with the team, there are some good guys and it's a positive atmosphere.

'Obviously, after the tour they started well. Always with a new manager, there are new beginnings, always a different atmosphere but I didn't experience it with Ole so I don't know what it was like but at the moment it feels good and it looks good.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11068847/Christian-Eriksen-reveals-previous-talks-Man-Utd-eventually-joining-club-summer.html
Old 06-09-2022, 09:28 AM   #10
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'His forward passing is up there with the best in the league': Man United legend Rio Ferdinand admits he was WRONG about Christian Eriksen in early U-turn after the Dane pulled the strings in win over Arsenal

* Rio Ferdinand said he was wrong about Christian Eriksen at Manchester United
* He doubted Eriksen's impact, but the Dane has started all six league games
* Ferdinand said his forward passing was 'up there with the best in the league'
* Eriksen's performances have consigned £70m signing Casemiro to the bench

Rio Ferdinand has eaten humble pie after admitting he was wrong about Christian Eriksen at Manchester United.

The Danish midfielder joined the Red Devils on a free transfer from Brentford - but the TV pundit believed it would not go well for either him or his former club.

Ferdinand said Eriksen would only amount to being a 'squad player', and saying he would be surprised if the Dane became a regular starter for Erik ten Hag's men.

Eriksen has proven himself at Old Trafford during their recent good form, starting all six games so far, and getting an assist in Manchester United's 3-1 home win over Arsenal on Sunday.

It has left Ferdinand admitting he underestimated the 30-year-old's impact on the team.

'Can I give a special, special shout out to my man of the match Christian Eriksen?' Ferdinand said on Vibe with Five after the Arsenal match.

'I have to hold my hand up. I was one of those who was sceptical about the signing. It’s another signing, I’m sure from Erik ten Hag; it was his decision to take him.

'At the moment you cannot argue with that decision. In the game today his passing, the first one when he wrapped it with the eyes, took out about five players in the Arsenal team.

Christian Eriksen has been praised for his performances by an initially doubtful Rio Ferdinand. Ferdinand said Eriksen's forward passing 'is up there with the best in the league at the moment'. Eriksen has so far kept £70m Casemiro on the bench, although there could be squad rotation

'The other one where he plays it to Bruno [Fernandes] and he puts it in for Rashford and obviously the assist. His forward passing is up there with the best in the league at the moment.

'I was a bit sceptical asking ‘what’s he going to bring?’ ‘is he going to start?’ Well, yes he’s starting and, yes, he’s producing so, Eriksen I salute you.'

Eriksen's arrival at Old Trafford was one of the more understated incomings for the club, with expensive signings Lisandro Martinez, Casemiro and Antony garnering more attention.

However, Eriksen's performances alongside Scott McTominay have kept £70m Casemiro on the bench, although squad rotation could come into play with United's Europa League campaign starting on Thursday.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11181305/Man-United-legend-Rio-Ferdinand-admits-WRONG-Christian-Eriksen-early-U-turn-Dane.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 4
Andi Istiabudi, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku