United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2016/2017

View Poll Results: Your Man of the Match ?
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 3 100.00%
Paul Pogba 0 0%
Anthony Martial 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-02-2017, 10:45 PM   #11
Zulfan
first team
-

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Zulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really nice
Visit Zulfan's Twitter

"I know their mother wants a draw!" Jose Mourinho on the prospect of Paul Labile Pogba v brother Florentin...

Aww, come on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 16-02-2017, 08:22 AM   #12
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter
Default Re: [EL] Manchester United vs AS Saint-Etienne

EARLY TEAM NEWS: UNITED V SAINT-ETIENNE

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has confirmed Marcos Rojo is fit to face Saint-Etienne in Thursday’s Europa League Round of 32 tie at Old Trafford, although Phil Jones, Michael Carrick and Wayne Rooney are all unavailable for selection.

Rojo was substituted at half-time of the 3-0 Premier League win at Leicester City, while Jones has not featured since picking up an injury during the 0-0 draw with Hull City at Old Trafford on 1 February.

Experienced campaigners Carrick and Rooney, meanwhile, are not ready to return to action but the manager is reluctant to describe the pair as injured due to the simplicity of their seperate issues.

Asked for an update on the squad by MUTV on Wednesday, the manager said: “Marcos Rojo is totally recovered. We protected him at the weekend and now he is totally recovered. Carrick and Rooney, they appear with little things. I am not saying injuries because I don't think we are speaking about injuries, but little things that I think are going to keep them out of the match tomorrow.”

Later, in the pre-match press conference, Mourinho started with a question about injuries and stated “Phil is still recovering from the injury” and is therefore unavailable to face The Greens.

The manager also confirmed he will retain the back four that started the 2-0 win against Watford the weekend, when asked by one reporter if Luke Shaw might feature on Thursday night.

"He's not playing tomorrow, because my team is playing well and I am happy with my back four," Mourinho said. "I am going to repeat Valencia, Bailly, Smalling and Daley Blind."

Old 16-02-2017, 08:26 AM   #13
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute

MOURINHO JOKES MRS POGBA WANTS A DRAW

Jose Mourinho claims the mother of Paul and Florentin Pogba wants a draw between Manchester United and Saint-Etienne on Thursday, with her sons set to be rivals on the pitch.

The Reds progressed to the knockout stages of the Europa League by finishing second in Group A and the club was then paired with Les Verts, who earned qualification as Group C winners. That has thrown up the peculiar situation of brothers playing against each other in the professional ranks.

A burly and versatile defender, Florentin is expected to start for Saint-Etienne in this week’s Round of 32 first-leg tie at Old Trafford and the 26-year-old could even personally mark his younger sibling Paul.

Mourinho believes it is actually a good situation for the Pogba brothers, although the boss has some sympathy for their mother after discussing the scenario with Paul. “We spoke but in a good way, in a funny way,” the manager told reporters at his pre-match press conference on Wednesday afternoon.

“I think it's a nice destiny. I think only Mum Pogba is in a little bit of trouble, which is normal. It's difficult for the lady to choose. It's not difficult, it's impossible for her to choose. I know from Paul that the mum wants a draw but next week one son will be happy and another one will be sad.

“There's only a little bit of a problem for the mum. For them, they will enjoy it, they will enjoy to play against each other. Paul is excited and Florentin for sure is the same. I think it's a good thing.”

Eric Bailly, who spoke to the media after Mourinho, has also accepted this is a unique tie for the Pogba family, but the Ivory Coast international states it will not detract from United’s mission to win.

“First and foremost, we know that it's a special occasion for the Pogba family and the Pogba brothers," Bailly told reporters. "But we're also aware it's a very serious knockout stage game. They've been having a little bit of fun and Paul has mentioned it in training, but we're focusing totally on Saint-Etienne.

“We're aware of what a good season Saint-Etienne are having. They're on a good run of form at the moment. We're able to see French football on TV or certainly I am. So I'm fine without Paul having to tell us that. But it's a serious game and we know that it's going to be a tough game because they've got a really good group dynamic going on at Saint-Etienne and I think they're going to be a threat.”

Ibunya galau mau mendukung yg mana.. seri aja dah
Old 16-02-2017, 01:22 PM   #14
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United encounter with St Etienne will not be the Pogba show... it's a serious match, insists Eric Bailly

* Pogba brothers Paul and Florentin will go up against each other on Thursday
* Their mum has said she is hoping for a draw due to her love for both sons
* Eric Bailly wants Manchester United to focus on Europa League progression

Eric Bailly insists Manchester United's Europa League clash with Saint-Etienne must now be allowed to turn into a Pogba sideshow.

United face the French side over two legs for a place in the last 16, starting with Thursday night's encounter at Old Trafford.

It has been overshadowed by a first meeting in professional football between United's world record signing Paul Pogba and his older brother Florentin.

Manchester United centre back Eric Bailly insist Thursday's game will not be the Pogba show

However, Bailly believes that Jose Mourinho's side need to focus on the job in hand and not be distracted by the sibling rivalry.

'We know it's a special occasion for the Pogba family and the Pogba brothers,' said Bailly. 'But we are also aware that it's a very serious knockout stage game in the Europa League.

'They've been having a bit of fun. Paul has mentioned it a little bit in training, but the focus is on Saint-Etienne.

'We're aware of the good season Saint-Etienne are having. They are in a good run of form at the moment, Paul doesn't need to tell us that. We know it's going to be a tough game and they are going to be a threat.'

Bailly has emerged as arguably United's best centre back this season following a £30million summer move from Villarreal, and quickly regained his place in the starting line-up after a month away at the Africa Cup of Nations with Ivory Coast.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4228008/Man-Utd-clash-not-Pogba-insists-Eric-Bailly.html
Old 16-02-2017, 04:57 PM   #15
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Profile: Paul Pogba's brother, Florentin

Did you know that Paul Pogba is not the only member of his family in football? His elder twin brothers Florentin and Mathias are also professional players, and the former will face Manchester United with AS Saint-Etienne in Thursday’s Europa League Round of 32 tie at Old Trafford. Here, ManUtd.com’s French journalist Sébastien Aucourt provides an insight into the 26-year-old defender…

“I watched the draw and when I saw who we got my reaction was: ‘Yes, that’s a dream that’s going to be fulfilled,’” Florentin said this week. His dream to play against Paul is shared by his whole family, too. “They will all be in the stadium watching, including Mathias, I think.”

Florentin was born in Conakry on 19 August 1990 and he left Guinea’s capital city with his parents to set up in France when he was only eight months old. Paul was born there three years later and now represents Les Bleus, but his 26-year-old brother plays for Guinea and currently has 12 caps.

The versatile defender played for different clubs in the Paris area until he joined a Spanish Academy, Celta Vigo, in 2007. He then completed a successful trial at CS Sedan-Ardennes in 2009 (a second-tier club at the time who are now in the third tier) and his excellent performances with the Reserves enabled him to sign his first professional contract in March 2010.

Florentin later transferred to Saint-Etienne in June 2013 and, in the three-and-a-half years since, he has registered 87 appearances and scored two goals. A strong defender of large build (1.87 metres in height, 86 kg in weight), he began his career as a left-back but can also operate in the middle.

Although he has long been considered a replacement for the club’s first-choice centre-backs, Saint-Etienne manager Christophe Galtier has successfully put his faith in him at left-back for the last couple of matches, with the Guinean proving to be strong defensively while also providing a dangerous outlet in the attacking third with his inviting crosses into the penalty area.

Interestingly, Florentin also supports one of United’s Premier League rivals. "Arsenal are the club of my heart," he explained this week, ahead of visiting Old Trafford. "I’ve supported them ever since the Invincibles – what a team! The downside of being a professional is you rarely get a chance to go to watch other teams so I’ve never actually been to the Emirates. But one day I will, hopefully."

In another recent interview about his younger brother and upcoming opponent, Florentin admitted he is likely to swap shirts following the final whistle, yet all pleasantries will be on hold during the game itself.

"I may have to mark him," he said. "It may be Zlatan Ibrahimovic or another player but I think I will mark my brother. It seems more logical as I know him. I would do so as against any other player, with the same determination.”

Whoever Florentin does mark at Old Trafford, the Pogba versus Pogba duel is sure to be fascinating.

Menarik, sebelum pertandingan melawan AS Saint-Etienne berlangsung, saudara dari Paul Pogba yaitu Florentin Pogba kita banyak di sorot2 media di karenakan akan berhadapan dengan sang adik yg ada di Manchester
Old 16-02-2017, 05:47 PM   #16
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter

Post 1 edited. live beIN Sports1 dan SCTV yak...
Old 16-02-2017, 07:51 PM   #17
Zulfan
first team
-

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Zulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really niceZulfan is just really nice
Visit Zulfan's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by penk22_ View Post
Post 1 edited. live beIN Sports1 dan SCTV yak...

Siap makasih bang 😁👍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 16-02-2017, 08:35 PM   #18
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

WHY DID REDS PLAY A HOME GAME AT PLYMOUTH?

Manchester United's last, and only, home game against Saint-Etienne prior to tonight's Europa League tie was played in Plymouth back in 1977.

Crowd trouble during the first leg in France initially led to the Reds being ejected from the UEFA Cup but, on appeal, it was decided the second match could go ahead, but only away from Old Trafford. United won 2-0 at Home Park to qualify 3-1 on aggregate and former secretary Ken Ramsden, who was employed by the club at the time, explained how the situation arose.

"There was much talk in those days about football hooliganism and the 'English disease', so it wasn't that surprising, but you never really knew what was going on," Ramsden told MUTV. "It wasn't the same wall-to-wall coverage as now, so you gleaned what you gleaned from the radio and newspapers. I didn't fully understand how bad it was but I think the realisation came when the club was thrown out of the competition.

"[Secretary] Les Olive went to Switzerland to plead the case and prepare the case which, fortunately for us, he won - apart from the game being played in Plymouth and being shown on the screens here [at Old Trafford]. For a short while, we were out of the competition until the appeal was heard.

"Then we were allowed back but had to play 300km away from Manchester. Any further and we'd be in the sea! We couldn't go much further away than Plymouth; it's about the farthest point from Manchester you could get. I think it's just over 300km, if I'm not mistaken.

"I could've understood if they'd made us play behind closed doors, anywhere, even though that wouldn't be fair on either team. But it was a weird thing to do. I think Celtic had to play a game here at Old Trafford against Rapid Vienna in a similar situation [in 1984, when a European Cup-Winners' Cup tie was forced to be replayed].

"I was surprised they let the fans in. They could easily have played here and had the gates locked. I don't know what UEFA's thinking was behind it but it all worked out well in the end."

Sammy McIlroy was one of the players who took part in both legs and offered his view on the unusual situation.

"I saw some of the trouble [in France] and knew some of the lads had seen it too," he told MUTV. "It was quite bad. Especially when the ball went out of play or dead for a free-kick, you could actually see the police mingling with the sets of fans and batons were being hit on people's heads. It really was severe and I was a bit concerned the game may be stopped.

"They were talking about throwing us out of the competition, which was the one thing we didn't want. They blamed the Manchester United fans, which they always did in those days, and we were thinking we could be thrown out.

"So when they said we were still in the competition but playing at Plymouth, there was a little bit of a sigh of relief. Okay, it's a chance of progressing, even if I think it was quicker for the French fans than the Manchester United fans to get to the game. At least we were still in it.

"The support was unbelievable. I didn't expect anything else. The support we had was absolutely magnificent and, to see all those United fans when we came onto the pitch, it really gave us a big lift. I think there were over 20,000 watching on screens at Old Trafford too and we didn't want to let them down."

Ramsden explained the process of screening the game live at the Theatre of Dreams, a bold project during the 1970s.

"It was weird," he said. "We had to sell tickets for the game on screens here [at Old Trafford]. The technology wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination.

"As I recall, we put big scaffolds up on the pitch and an 8 x 4 sheet of plywood painted white, as a canvas screen would flutter in the wind. All these screens were dotted around the stadium. It was a ticketed affair and a bizarre atmosphere. You were watching a game at Old Trafford, but you weren't.

"It was weird, is all I can say. The fans didn't know whether to cheer as it was a bit like being in the cinema and not the same as seeing the players live, so it was an odd situation."

www.manutd.com
Old 17-02-2017, 08:19 AM   #19
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Default Re: [EL] Manchester United 3-0 AS Saint-Etienne

Report: United 3 Saint-Etienne 0

Europa League Round of 32 first leg | Old Trafford | Scorers: Ibrahimovic 15, 75, 88 (pen)

Manchester United took a huge step towards the Europa League Round of 16 as Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored his first hat-trick for the club in a 3-0 win over Saint-Etienne at Old Trafford.

The no.9 claimed the first when his low free-kick deflected in on 15 minutes before tucking home from close range and adding a late penalty to seal the treble, taking his tally to 23 goals in all competitions this season.It gives Jose Mourinho’s men a firm cushion heading into the Round of 32 second leg next Wednesday at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard.

In the first of four consecutive cup matches, Mourinho named a strong line-up boasting just two changes from the 2-0 win over Watford last Saturday as Sergio Romero replaced David De Gea in goal and Marouane Fellaini came in for the ill Henrikh Mkhitaryan, with Paul Pogba moving into the no.10 role as he faced his older brother and Saint-Etienne defender Florentin.

Backed throughout by vociferous support from their fans, the French visitors – currently fifth in Ligue 1 – had an early chance when Romain Hamouma was clean through on goal but Romero, making his seventh appearance of the season, raced out and did well to close down the angle.

United quickly settled into their rhythm with Fellaini having a goal ruled out after Juan Mata was flagged offside in the build-up, before Anthony Martial went close, the Frenchman’s 20-yard shot forcing Stephane Ruffier to push it clear.

But the Saint-Etienne keeper was wrongfooted as the Reds made the breakthrough on the quarter-hour mark. After being bundled over just outside the box, Ibrahimovic took responsibility for the set-piece and his low free-kick took a huge deflection off Vincent Pajot before slowly trundling over the goal-line.

The goal eased the nerves and was just what United needed, amid a charged atmosphere inside the Theatre of Dreams. It almost got better when Pogba dinked a pass forward to Mata but his volley was well-saved by Ruffier, who also kept out the follow-up.

As the tempo increased, there were chances for both teams with Saint-Etienne’s on-loan Newcastle midfielder Henri Saivet twice firing narrowly wide of the post, before Martial was denied again by the feet of Ruffier, who was fortunate that the rebound inadvertently hit Ibrahimovic and bounced over.

At the other end, Saint-Etienne came on strong before the interval as Hamouma and Jordan Veretout both went close and an entertaining first half drew to a close with the Reds holding a slender advantage.

HALF-TIME MATCH STATS:
Possession: United 66% Saint Etienne 34%
Shots: United 7 Saint Etienne 11
Shots on target: United 5 Saint Etienne 0
Corners: United 1 Saint Etienne 1

United made an alteration at the break as Mourinho turned to the pace of Jesse Lingard, who took the place of Fellaini. After Martial picked up a booking for clashing with Kevin Malciut, the Reds had a second goal ruled out as Ibrahimovic’s header from a fine Mata cross was chalked off for offside.

The hosts had a firm grip of proceedings and looked more of a potent threat in the second period. Pogba and Valencia went close with efforts from outside the box, before Martial was again thwarted by Ruffier after cleverly skipping past two defenders.

But there was a blow for the Reds when Ander Herrera was booked for handball, which rules the Spaniard out of next week’s second leg.

His midfield partner Pogba continued to impress and was inches away from adding to his nine goals this season when his powerful header from a Daley Blind cross six yards out thumped the crossbar.

United introduced Marcus Rashford, who made his 50th appearance for the club, in place of Mata - a year on since he burst onto the scene at this stage of the competition with a brace on his debut against FC Midtjylland.

Saint-Etienne, who didn't have a shot on target throughout despite causing problems to the United defence, could have snatched an equaliser when substitute Nolan Roux dinked an effort over Romero but it landed on the roof of the net.

The Reds, however, doubled the lead on 75 minutes as Rashford’s cross deflected into the path of Ibrahimovic who slotted home from six yards.

And the striker completed a memorable evening for him personally two minutes from time, picking himself up after being fouled in the box by Kevin Theophile-Catherine before sending Ruffier the wrong way from the spot to have the final say in style.

It meant the Reds' leading scorer this season continued to be the scurge of the French side, having now scored 17 goals in 14 appearances against St-Etienne.

United had further opportunities to extend the advantage but saw out a fifth successive clean sheet and will take huge confidence heading into next week’s second leg.

FULL-TIME MATCH STATS:
Possession: United 62% Saint Etienne 38%
Shots: United 21 Saint Etienne 14
Shots on target: United 8 Saint Etienne 0
Corners: United 5 Saint Etienne 1

THE TEAMS:

United: Romero; Valencia, Bailly, Smalling (c), Blind; Herrera, Fellaini (Lingard 45); Mata (Rashford 70), Pogba, Martial (Young 85); Ibrahimovic.
Subs not used: De Gea, Darmian, Rojo, Schweinsteiger.
Booked: Martial, Herrera, Lingard, Pogba

Saint Etienne: Ruffier, Theophile-Catherine, Pogba (Beric 79), Perrin (c), Pajot (Selnaes 72), Veretout, Saivet, Hamouma, Malcuit, Monnet-Paquet, Jorginho (Roux 65).
Subs not used: Moulin, Lacroix, Lemoine, Pierre-Gabriel.
Booked: Pajot

Old 17-02-2017, 09:03 AM   #20
wira_ozora
first team
To Old Trafford,,To See United

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
wira_ozora has a spectacular aura aboutwira_ozora has a spectacular aura about
Visit wira_ozora's Twitter
Default Re: [EL] Manchester United 3-0 AS Saint-Etienne

Well done Ibra...first hattrick in United,,done at Old Trafford. Ga nonton cz di hotel ga ada Bein 1. Another cleansheet,,now by Romero...manteb lah,,leg 2 bs santai cz udah unggul 3 gol...mungkin Rooney bs jd starter di leg 2.Next match...FA Cup vs Blackburn...mudah2'an menang lagi n Ibra golin lagi.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 26
adi_Giggsy, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, Bulma, chincarito, dwitri27, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, id4y, ivanzferdinand, jojo poenya, King_Cantona, Lang25, penk22_, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Ryan_lallo, Shi no Gekai, tumpal_oneunited, victory II, wira_ozora, zudomiriku