United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 23-11-2022, 11:57 AM   #851
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rio Gavin Ferdinand

'His legendary status DOESN'T change': Rio Ferdinand insists Cristiano Ronaldo will still be remembered as an all-time great at Manchester United after his ugly exit was confirmed with his contract terminated

* Manchester United has announced Cristiano Ronaldo has left by mutual consent
* The outcast forward gave a bombsell interview with Piers Morgan last week
* His old team-mate Rio Ferdinand believes the exit is good for both parties
* He feels Ronaldo was set on leaving when he agreed to conduct the interview

Rio Ferdinand believes Cristiano Ronaldo has kept his 'legendary' status at Manchester United intact after a harmonious agreement was met between the superstar and the Premier League giants to terminate his contract with immediate effect.

United revealed the Portugal captain - who is currently with his national team at the World Cup - would be leaving by mutual consent after he conducted a bombshell interview with Piers Morgan accusing the club of 'betraying' him and that manager Erik ten Hag showed him a lack of respect.

Ronaldo is set to kiss goodbye to £16million after the Red Devils ripped up his £500,000-a-week deal, with the club not understood to be paying him any compensation for the remainder of the seven months on his deal.

Ferdinand - who played alongside Ronaldo for six years and is close friends with the five-time Ballon d'Or winner - feels the decision was the best one for both parties and claimed Ronaldo had an exit in his sights when he agreed to do the interview.

Speaking on his Vibe with Five Youtube channel in the aftermath of the club's 'legendary' number seven, Ferdinand claimed his status as one of Man United's all-time greats doesn't change despite the star's ugly departure.

'It doesn't detract from Cristiano Ronaldo's legacy at the football club, what he has achieved, his legendary status there I believe doesn't change at all.

'The measure of what he was when he was in the red shirt playing football, what he done and the amount of successful moments and trophies he brought to the club when he was here. Became the best player in the world while being at Man United, these things you can't take out of history.

Ferdinand went on to add that both club and player will be 'delighted' with the final agreement that has seen a mutual agreement secure an easily negotiated termination of his contract.

'I think both parties will be delighted,' he told the BBC while acting as a pundit during the World Cup.

'He did interview with mindset he wanted to get out the club. He wasn't happy and he made it very clear. Also happy for Erik ten Hag, he has got what he wanted in this situation. Both are happy.'

Cristiano Ronaldo's exit from Man United was 'best for both parties', says Rio Ferdinand. Ronaldo has left Old Trafford by mutual consent after his damning verdict about the club

When asked about Ronaldo's next move, Ferdinand added: 'It depends what the motivation is as to where he goes next. Is it Champions League, money? This will be getting planned out behind the scenes and I'm sure we will find out.'

Ferdinand later tweeted his thoughts, writing: 'Just seen the Cristiano news... best for both parties!'

United confirmed the news in a brief 67-word statement on Tuesday night. It read: 'Cristiano Ronaldo is to leave Manchester United by mutual agreement, with immediate effect.

'The club thanks him for his immense contribution across two spells at Old Trafford, scoring 145 goals in 346 appearances, and wishes him and his family well for the future.

'Everyone at Manchester United remains focused on continuing the team's progress under Erik ten Hag and working together to deliver success on the pitch.'

Ronaldo released his own statement following the news, writing: 'Following conversations with Manchester United, we have mutually agreed to end our contract early.

'I love Manchester United and I love the fans, that will never ever change. However, it feels like the right time for me to seek a new challenge.

'I wish the team every success for the remainder of the season and for the future.'

Ferdinand and Ronaldo spent six years together at Old Trafford between 2003 and 2009

Ronaldo's position at the club became untenable after he criticised the club, the Glazers, manager Erik ten Hag and his team-mates in the interview.

United wanted to deal with Ronaldo as swiftly as possible and took just four days to show him the door. However, the club were reluctant to become embroiled in an unseemly court battle with one of their greatest ever players.

The Glazers, chief executive Richard Arnold, football director John Murtough and Ten Hag decided that Ronaldo has burnt his bridges at Old Trafford and there is no way back for him at the club.

They rejected the idea of more disciplinary action after Ronaldo was dropped and made to train on his own last month for walking out during the win over Tottenham having refusing to come on as a substitute.

Ronaldo this week appeared at a Portugal press conference to say he did not regret his controversial interview and claimed to be 'bulletproof'.

'I am bulletproof — I wear an iron suit,' said Ronaldo. 'In my life, the best timing is always my timing. I don't have to think about what other people think. I speak when I want.

'The players know me really well for many years and know the type of person I am and what I believe in.

'It's an ambitious group that is hungry and focused. So I'm sure it (the interview) won't shake the dressing room's concentration and focus.

'Stop asking my team-mates about me. If you ask other players about Cristiano Ronaldo, I would be upset. If you want to ask them about the World Cup and the team, I would like you to do that.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11458461/Rio-Ferdinand-says-Cristiano-Ronaldos-Manchester-United-exit-best-parties.html
Old 01-01-2023, 09:36 PM   #852
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'It's out of order!': Rio Ferdinand slams criticism of Cristiano Ronaldo's controversial £175m-a-year switch to Al-Nassr... as he compares his Saudi 'swansong' to Wayne Rooney's move to the United States

* Rio Ferdinand claims Cristiano Ronaldo has earned the right to a swansong
* Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher expressed sadness at his move to Al-Nassr
* Ronaldo will earn a remarkable £175m-a-year during his time with the Saudi club

Rio Ferdinand has defended Cristiano Ronaldo following his move to Saudi Arabia club Al-Nassr, comparing the switch to the swansongs enjoyed by former Manchester United stars Wayne Rooney and David Beckham in the United States.

Ronaldo confirmed his move to the Saudi Arabian side on a sensational £175million-a-year contract on Friday following his tumultuous exit from Manchester United in November.

Ronaldo, 37, had been a free agent after leaving United in the wake of his damning and controversial interview with Piers Morgan, with fans now flocking to social media to claim he is 'so done' after moving to the Middle East.

Ferdinand has hit back after Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher expressed 'sadness' at the move, with the Sky Sports pundits saying the move marked the end of Ronaldo playing at the highest level.

Cristiano Ronaldo has officially moved to play in Saudi Arabia for Pro League club Al-Nassr. Rio Ferdinand has defended Ronaldo's decision to move to the Saudi Arabian club

The former United defender Ferdinand claimed Ronaldo's move should be compared to several ex-Premier League stars ending their careers in the United States, citing Wayne Rooney's two-year spell in the MLS with DC United.

Ferdinand claimed 'no man on the planet' had earned the right to the move more than the Portuguese star.

'It was great to see David Beckham, Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard, it was great to see them go to America,' Ferdinand said on his Vibe with FIVE podcast. 'What a way to finish their careers, getting great money, going to a league that's not as competitive, they've deserved that, they've earned the right.

Ferdinand compared Ronaldo's move to Wayne Rooney's spell in the MLS with DC United

'That's all I saw in the media. But because it's Saudi Arabia, it's a disgrace, its sad. Let a man go and live, let a man go and enjoy it. It's a new adventure he's taking his family to experience a new culture.

'Every single country in the world has its issues, so America have got less issues than Saudi, have they? But its fine for all these players to go to America. Let's let them go to the States and have a swansong year and just toss it off.

'I don't like it. It stinks we're not hearing this type of talk. It's out of order.

'Everyone should be treated the same. Every other player that's gone to a less competitive league to end their career has been told you've earned the right. No man on the planet would have earned the right more than this guy.'

Reports in Saudi Arabia have stated that Ronaldo he has signed on a two-year deal.

The £175m-a-year contract sees him become the highest-paid player in world football, with his contract set to run until June 2025, when he will be 39.

The Saudi Pro League club announced his arrival in a tweet saying: 'The world's greatest athlete officially signed for Al-Nassr', with Ronaldo also taking up an ambassadorial role.

Part of his role as an ambassador will be to help Saudi Arabia's joint bid with Egypt and Greece to host the 2030 World Cup, it has been claimed.

He joins arch rival Lionel Messi in taking up a promotional position with the gulf nation, which has faced criticism for its human rights record, as well as crackdowns on women's rights activists, LGBTQ+ people and those who speak out against the rule of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Ronaldo's move has also faced social media criticism, after footage resurfaced of star claiming he wants to 'finish at the top level', where he listed the 'USA, Qatar or Dubai' as places he couldn't envision playing at later in his career.

Al-Nassr are one of the most successful clubs in Saudi Arabia, having being crowned winners of the country's top flight nine times, with their most recent triumph coming in 2019.

Ronaldo had initially dismissed reports that he was set to sign for the Saudi outfit, with sources close to the player telling Sportsmail it was 'nonsense' that a deal had been signed.

He previously admitted declining a €350m (£310m) offer for two seasons from an unnamed Saudi Arabian club in the summer.

Ronaldo had previously been linked with the likes of Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and Napoli after stunning United officials by telling the club he wanted out in the summer transfer window.

The five-time Ballon d'Or winner had reportedly expressed hope Real Madrid would want to sign him for a second time.

Ronaldo is a Bernabeu legend, having scored 450 goals in 438 matches for Real over nine seasons to help them to four Champions League triumphs.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11589943/Rio-Ferdinand-compares-Cristiano-Ronaldos-Al-Nassr-switch-Wayne-Rooneys-MLS.html
Old 17-01-2023, 08:34 AM   #853
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Rio Ferdinand hails Manchester United's defensive performance in their 2-1 win over Man City... as he claims it 'was one of the most controlled performances without the ball' he has seen from the Red Devils

* Man United secured a memorable 2-1 win over Man City on Saturday lunchtime
* United fought back from 1-0 down and restricted City to one shot on target
* Rio Ferdinand was full of praise for the comeback and United's defensive work
* He also hailed the role of Erik ten Hag and insisted he has made a big difference

Rio Ferdinand has lauded Manchester United's defensive performance against Manchester City, insisting there is now something different about Erik ten Hag's side.

United secured a memorable victory over City on Saturday as they came back from a goal down to win 2-1.

The result extended their unbeaten run in all competitions to nine games and solidified their place in the top four.

And Ferdinand was full of praise for the comeback and the way United dealt with City's talented attackers.

'What I would say is I've seen us capitulate in that position before,' he told his Five Youtube show.

Rio Ferdinand hailed Man United's defensive performance in their win over Man City last week. He also said it was one of the most controlled United displays without the ball he had seen. Ferdinand said the work that Erik ten Hag and his coaching staff are doing deserves credit

'I would have been walking out of the studio going to the toilet thinking it could be two or three (nil down) when I get back.

'I felt even though City had 70 odd per cent possession throughout the 90 minutes, I felt it was one of the most controlled performances (I have seen) without the ball from United.'

United have now conceded just two goals in seven games in all competitions since the World Cup.

Ferdinand insisted that Ten Hag and his coaching staff deserve great credit for this and hailed the work they have been doing on the training pitch, pointing to a new-found resilience at the club.

He added: 'The fact it was one shot on target that says there is a controlled element to the way United played without the ball.

'And that is a huge testament to the coaching. You have to be well-coached to do that and that's the big difference I see with this United team.'

The Red Devils face Crystal Palace on Wednesday, before a huge top of the table clash against Arsenal at the Emirates on Sunday.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11641625/Rio-Ferdinand-hails-Manchester-Uniteds-defensive-performance-2-1-win-Manchester-City.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 197
-Ybb3F-, Aba_MaczUnited, adaastopa5922, adefebsa, adhe united macz, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andrydjemb4, anenk_garcia, Ardiey11, arief rachman, arymashuda, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, atticus.finch, ayahocta, Ayunda, azisfirdaus, Azrul Red United, bangkeek, bang_zak, beckz_on7, bhowz, biggestnumber_two, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, bucay deathbat, Bulma, caliski_heinz, CeCe, chicharito07, christof_ww, cynta, dayat_5, Deddy Hernandez, dee_vee7, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, dhodoadrian, Dony17, dudut, ecly_watchaa, Efri Loebay, eyeofday, fadilbedil, Fajar_, fajar_lazuardi, fajrinited, farhaanongehhMUFC, fatzz07, fatzzjoe, Febribule, febza, ferly_Liemz, ferrizt, fey777, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frengkysme182, frmnsyh_KEANO, GeaErang, ghopoereds, goodfron, goodmin, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, havidic, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, hevny9, HMzqLWaylr, HRHMU86, hzent, iamsetia, ib17u mancunian, id4y, Imron Setyo C, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, itohirobumi, ivanzferdinand, Izza N Khalifa, J. A. Adji, jeffry, jifortin, jojo poenya, juju, Juni HW, kevinchoc, kingherooney, King_Cantona, kurosagi86, Lang25, Legolash, Lucky_Cantona007, Mahesa_Jenar, malle, marsel david, marviel, MCR7, MichaelMU, mochies5, moehfar, mousetrap, MUFC1878, my1878, mygalzbiatch, Nachir_79, Naen ERROR, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ollacarla, Om Juna, om tato, Oom Panda, OSziXXoztn, paiman, Peace_Devils, penk22_, prahmono, Pure_red, pweechevalier, randiex, Rean, redianayuherda, Redsbusby, red_devilz, red_girl_mia, revald, Revin Agantu, rich87, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rizana, rizluq, Robiescream, Robin van Persik, ronald hars, ronysnaja, RyanRezha, sepatu_ancur, serdadu merah, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, Syarifeghy, theater of dream, TomEnrico, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, VaDLi, vankyoet, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, vdgquintana, Victory, wahyou91, wazzapoetra, whoami, Wibiebintang, william metta, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, Yayat Dg Kulle, zeavhere, Zee de Wazza, zizitchy, zudomiriku, [skywalker]