United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 25-10-2022, 09:23 AM   #561
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Carrick

Michael Carrick the manager! Man United legend succeeds sacked Chris Wilder to become Middlesbrough's new boss - as he makes his first permanent foray in the dugout after a caretaker spell at Old Trafford

* Ex-Manchester United midfielder will take over struggling Championship side
* Michael Carrick succeeds Chris Wilder, who was sacked earlier this month
* It is Carrick's first management job since departing the Manchester United staff

Former Manchester United and England midfielder Michael Carrick has been announced as Middlesbrough's new boss.

Carrick, 41, had long been the favourite to take over from Chris Wilder following his sacking earlier this month and he has been appointed to his first major role since leaving United last December.

The midfielder, himself a native of the north-east, first joined Middlesbrough as a nine-year-old.

He arrives at the club with Boro struggling. They are 21st in the Championship after 16 games, having only won four times.

Announcing the appointment across social media, the club's chairman Steve Gibson said Carrick was the 'outstanding' candidate.

'We're delighted to welcome Michael to the club,' said Gibson. We had identified a number of potentials for the vacancy who we spoke with, and were impressed by all, but Michael was the outstanding candidate.

'Michael has the same values as the club, and we are very much aligned in our ambitions. We see Michael as the perfect fit for us and he believes this is the right club at the right time.'

Michael Carrick has been announced as the new Middlesbrough boss succeeding Chris Wilder

Meanwhile, Carrick, who formed a key part in some of United and Sir Alex Ferguson's finest ever teams, winning everything there is to win in the club game, spoke of his excitement at being appointed to the role.

'I'm really excited to be here and to be part of a club with such a deep history and tradition,' he said.

'Middlesbrough was the first professional club I played for as a nine-year old boy, so it's a very special feeling to be back here as a head coach.

'Growing up in the north-east myself I'm fully aware of what football means to people.

'It's a real privilege for me to be in this position and to feel all the passion and enthusiasm you've got for the game and for Boro.

'I'll give everything to help develop the team and keep moving the club forward and make you the supporters proud. I can't wait to get started.'

Middlesbrough have struggled this season and a poor run that included just two wins in their opening 11 games saw Wilder pay with his job.

Having taken over at the club in November last year, he took them to seventh and it had been expected they would improve on that this term.

The club's position does not necessarily spell doom, however, with the Championship proving to be extremely bunched at this stage of the season. Just eight points separate Middlesbrough in 21st and Millwall in sixth.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11348847/Michael-Carrick-announced-new-Middlesbrough-boss.html
Old 25-10-2022, 09:33 AM   #562
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

semoga Carrick bisa membawa Boro bertahan di Championship dan secepatnya mambawa Boro promosi ke PL
Old 26-10-2022, 06:12 AM   #563
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute

Selamat buat Carrick yang ditunjuk sebagai Managernya the Boro.
Sukses selalu
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2022, 09:24 AM   #564
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Softly-spoken Michael Carrick may come across as timid but he has a steely side which Sir Alex Ferguson spotted early on in his Manchester United career... being back in the spotlight at Boro will suit him more than we knew

* Michael Carrick will undertake his first management role at Middlesbrough
* The Englishman was appointed the Championship side's manager on Monday
* At Tuesday's press conference the new Boro boss laid out his aims and hopes
* Carrick also revealed he spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson before taking on the role

When Michael Carrick got up on stage at Manchester nightspot Victoria Warehouse after his testimonial in 2017 and sang Wonderwall with Robbie Keane, those who know him well weren't one bit surprised.

While Carrick has always come across as a softly-spoken, shy individual — as understated off the pitch as he was on it — there is another side to the new Middlesbrough boss that is not immediately evident.

Sir Alex Ferguson detected it soon after signing Carrick from Tottenham for £18.6million in the summer of 2006.

When Michael Carrick got up on stage at Manchester nightspot Victoria Warehouse after his testimonial in 2017 and sang Wonderwall with Robbie Keane, those who know him well weren't one bit surprised.

While Carrick has always come across as a softly-spoken, shy individual — as understated off the pitch as he was on it — there is another side to the new Middlesbrough boss that is not immediately evident.

Sir Alex Ferguson detected it soon after signing Carrick from Tottenham for £18.6million in the summer of 2006.

Gary Neville goes further in his description of a team-mate who won five Premier League titles, the FA Cup, two League Cups, the Champions League, the Europa League and the Club World Cup during his 12-year playing stint at Old Trafford.

Michael Carrick was officially unveiled as Middlesbrough manager on Monday evening

'What people may not understand is the quiet, introverted passion that he holds for Manchester United,' says Neville.

'When we won leagues, Michael would be the one singing the most and going home last from the parties; the one that would look the happiest and most joyous behind the scenes at having won a trophy.

'On the pitch, in front of crowds, he'd maintain his composure, but behind the scenes he showed how much he loved the club. Believe me, he absolutely loves United.'

That was clear when Carrick turned up in the away end to support his old club at Goodison Park earlier this month, instantly recognisable beneath a bobble hat.

Staff at United recall how he and Ryan Giggs would take them out at the end of the season to make sure people who worked behind the scenes got to share in the club's success.

Those nights would often end with them standing on the tables singing, before Carrick and Giggs always made sure everyone got home safely.

When the Manchester derby at Old Trafford in December 2017 erupted into a dressing-room brawl involving both sets of players, Carrick — by then coming to the end of a playing career curtailed by a heart defect — was in the thick of it, hauling back team-mates and staff members while forcing himself closer to the front.

Carrick was part of a delegation of senior United players who went to Louis van Gaal to tell the Dutchman his training methods were too stodgy and needed freshening up. Van Gaal was upset but respected Carrick and his team-mates enough to take their advice and give them more input.

Carrick was unbeaten in three games during his interim stint in charge of United last season. Carrick revealed he sought the advice of Ferguson before taking the job at Boro

This is man who, when selecting a name for the war game United players often enjoyed on their PlayStations during away trips, opted for Havoc.

None of which plays to the popular view of Carrick as a rather timid individual; one Ferguson rates among the two best passers of a ball at United (along with Paul Scholes) who was only sent off once in a career spanning 700 appearances, despite playing in the heart of midfield.

'It's easy to go and smash someone in a tackle but, for me, to take the ball in what people might think are the wrong areas instead of hiding is the most important kind of bravery,' Carrick once said.

Carrick wasn't a warrior like Roy Keane, who he succeeded in the No 16 shirt at United, but he was a strong character all the same. He needed to be, too.

Having criticised Carrick for a 'flat' interview after United lost to Olympiacos in February 2014, Keane took aim again during Carrick's unbeaten three-match stint as caretaker boss following Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's sacking last season.

Responding to what he branded 'ridiculous' comments by Carrick, Keane raged: 'I get the impression at Man United the last few years that some of the backroom staff and people upstairs, there's an element of jobs for the boys. Wink, wink, look after each other, know the right people.'

That was never Carrick, though. As soon as United appointed Ralf Rangnick as interim boss, he handed over the reins and quit, much to everyone's surprise.

Yes, he wanted a break but also despaired of the drop in standards and the dressing-room cliques that undermined Solskjaer.

The Englishman (right) was unimpressed by a drop in standards under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Carrick will take charge of Middlesbrough for the first time against Preston on Saturday

Less than a year on, the 41-year-old is taking on his first full-time role back in his native North East at Middlesbrough. He does so with 25 years' experience as a player and coach under Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Van Gaal, David Moyes and Harry Redknapp.

At his unveiling yesterday, Carrick said he spoke to Ferguson before taking the job and credited him for influencing his career — though he is likely to manage in a different way.

'Do I look like an angry Scotsman?' smiled Carrick.

A self-confessed Formula One nut, he will have missed the adrenaline rush of being involved in live sport on a Saturday afternoon. Now, Carrick is back in the spotlight. Back on stage. It's a place that suits him more than we knew.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11354063/Softly-spoken-Michael-Carrick-takes-step-time-management-Middlesbrough.html
Old 20-01-2023, 08:28 AM   #565
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I speak to Sir Alex a lot. He's a listener and not a dictator!': Michael Carrick is making a big impact as Middlesbrough manager - guiding them from the drop zone to play-off places in three months - with a little help from his old boss

* Carrick spent three years in Boro's centre of excellence from the age of nine
* He played for West Ham and Spurs before Sir Alex signed him for Man United
* Now Middlesbrough boss, he has won seven of his last eight league games

Michael Carrick zips up his winter coat and prepares for a scouting mission like an Arctic explorer, stepping into the freezing night with a farewell handshake and a deadpan assessment of his hopes and expectations from this new career as manager of Middlesbrough.

‘Ambitions, me?’ Carrick almost smiles. ‘I’m just happy doing what I’m doing. I’m genuinely not chasing anything. I’m just trying to do the best I can, enjoying the challenge and trying to give back to a club that’s shown a lot of faith in me to give me this chance.’

His even temperament will stand him in good stead — together with the tactical acumen evident in days he controlled the ebb and flow of Manchester United’s midfield, his education as a coach in the unforgiving crucible of Old Trafford, and his appetite for hard work.

At 41, it is a strong managerial skill set and his seamless move into a first permanent managerial role, guiding Boro from relegation zone to the play-off places in three months, has not surprised those who know him well. Under Carrick, they have won seven of their last eight in the Championship as they go into Sunday’s Tees-Wear derby at Sunderland.

Middlesbrough have won seven of their last eight in the Championship under Michael Carrick

‘It’s the foundations we’ve put in I’m happiest with,’ Carrick tells Sportsmail as he pauses between a community session for the EFL’s Week of Action — handing out free boots as part a scheme involving his own and the club’s foundations — and a trip to see Newcastle Under 18s, coached by his younger brother Graeme.

‘Performances, atmosphere, work ethic. I want us to look like a real team with everyone together, playing their roles, helping each other.

‘I want to see players express themselves. You’ve got to play for the love of the game. To have that buzz, that enthusiasm, that boyish dream. But it’s all got to come from the team and individuals can shine from that.’

Carrick stepped into the Middlesbrough job from a 10-month break after three games as caretaker manager brought his 15 years at United to an end with what, by his own standards, proved quite a flourish, dropping his resignation within minutes of a thrilling win against Arsenal.

‘I’d decided a week before (to leave),’ says Carrick, who bridged the void between the sacking of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the arrival of Ralf Rangnick. ‘I didn’t just take the job and forget about Ole. He was the first one I spoke to. He said, “You have to take it, 100 per cent” because that’s the man he is. I’ve the utmost respect for him.’

Carrick has guided Boro from relegation zone to the play-off places in just three months

Carrick had already considered moving away from the club where he won five Premier League titles and the Champions League among other major honours as a player, to step into management. Those three games in charge of United — two wins and a draw — only convinced him.

His coaching journey started with United’s Under 14s and got serious when he finished playing in the summer of 2018 and was invited to join Jose Mourinho’s coaching staff. Mourinho had gone before the year was out, replaced by Solskjaer who embraced Carrick.

‘We had some big highs,’ says Carrick. ‘It probably gets lost how well we were doing. Finishing second and third was a great achievement at that time. We were in finals and semi-finals but at United you’ve got to win. We hit a bump in the last couple of months. People jump on it and things can unravel.’

The brutal nature of the unravelling process does not deter him. ‘It’s the way of the world now, how extreme it is. The number of opinions. That’s the entertainment side but I prefer the other side, where you’re in a bubble working away with your team to get results.’

The coaching bug has bitten another of the finest English footballers of his generation. ‘I don’t sit and watch a game for the goals any more. It’s not about highlights. It’s about players and tactics.

‘Who’s playing where and what are they trying to do? How are they pressing? What are they like defensively? What are they like in possession? What spaces are they getting into? I can’t watch a game now and enjoy it.’

Carrick tapped into Sir Alex Ferguson and Bryan Robson about Boro. ‘I wasn’t itching to get back in,’ he admits. ‘It was the opportunity that got my attention and got me thinking.’

When Robson was a prized rookie selecting a first managerial job, Ferguson’s sage advice was to make the decision based on the chairman not the club. Robson picked Steve Gibson at Boro as did Steve McClaren when he left Fergie’s side. ‘I think he’s said that to all his former players over the years,’ says Carrick. ‘He certainly did to me and I can see why. It makes a hell of a difference to have a chairman and owner who’s passionate about the club.’

Ferguson is still there for advice. ‘I spoke to him when I was getting the job and we’ve met a number of times since. He’s a good listener, not a dictator by any stretch, and he gives advice and you always take something away from the conversation.’

Middlesbrough represents the closure of a personal circle for Wallsend-born Carrick, back in his native North East, at his first club, where he spent three years in the centre of excellence from the age of nine.

He understands this football-obsessed region, and sees something of himself in the young players who braved the cold to collect free boots from the new Boro boss.

Eighty per cent of the population of England and Wales live within 15 miles of the 72 EFL clubs and those clubs and their community organisations generated an estimated £865million of social value last season, according to the impact report published this week.

‘Community connections are crucial,’ says Carrick. ‘And for some people in this part of the world, football is everything. It can dictate their week. I was like that as a kid up here. When the local teams do well everything seems to thrive.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11655199/Michael-Carrick-making-big-impression-Middlesbrough-boss-little-help-Sir-Alex.html
promosi langsung kayaknya berat karena selisih 12 poin dengan peringkat 2, semoga Carrick bisa membawa Boro promosi ke PL lewat jalur playoff

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 179
A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, abeat_bjm, adesaktiTRK, adib, aGhaa, agylbonez, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, alif unyil, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, and1, andhikaaw, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andy kurniawan, anenk_garcia, an_setanmerah, Ardiey11, arief rachman, arik_, arymashuda, Aso Chrisjefta, ayahocta, Ayunda, B4YU, badehul, bang_zak, bhowz, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bucay deathbat, Bulma, caesar, chincarito, Cibet22, cimbuang69, cintaoven, czr, Deddy Hernandez, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, dhodoadrian, Dino De Gea, doddlez, dr_ifan, dudut, ecly_watchaa, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, eross tanto, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fadlysyah, fahlevysred, Fajar_, fajar_lazuardi, fajrinited, Febri Angga, FebryNB, ferly_Liemz, fey777, franky winata, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, Ganda_aja, gery27, ghopoereds, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, hendiplast, iamsetia, id4y, ilyasprawibawa, ing areese, irfi_1, irhamutd, ivanzferdinand, jifortin, jojo poenya, just.fluke, kahfi, kaiki, kingherooney, King_Cantona, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, larukuga, leonite, littlebig, MadeForGlory, Mahesa_Jenar, matthewsamad, Merahponod90, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, MuhFher, mu_ciroyom, mygalzbiatch, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, nobitanta, Noe26, normansyahrizal, ocki_26, oldark, ollacarla, Om Juna, om tato, penk22_, prahmono, pukimax, Pure_red, pweechevalier, red, redit, Redsbusby, Ridho_Idham, rifkycyber, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, ronysnaja, sepatu_ancur, seventh.heaven, sidictheninetythree, simamora16, sompretz, SR 7, stamansa, sudrab, tamiCarrick, tasho, taz_devil_utd, theater of dream, TomEnrico, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, Unitediction, unreal, VaDLi, vankyoet, Van_Munandar, vdgquintana, Victory, victory II, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, wakhid ronaldo, waynehanks, wazza_ampuh, william metta, wira_ozora, YANGWAN, Yayat Dg Kulle, yudistira, zeavhere, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku