United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 12-04-2022, 01:35 AM   #1831
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: David Robert Joseph Beckham

Selamat atas pernikahan putra sulung Beckham, Brooklyn dengan Nicola Peltz.
Semoga keduanya selalu bahagia

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2022, 02:14 PM   #1832
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

David Beckham opens up on sobbing 'uncontrollably' after red card in the 1998 World Cup against Argentina, feeling 'let down' by his England team-mates in the aftermath and the role Sir Alex Ferguson played in helping him overcome abuse from England fans

* David Beckham was sent off for kicking the back of Diego Simeone's leg
* England were knocked out of the last-16 clash against Argentina on penalties
* The former Manchester United winger was booed in the following campaign
* But he revealed how Sir Alex Ferguson and United fans helped him through

David Beckham has revealed he sobbed 'uncontrollably' following his dismissal against Argentina at the 1998 World Cup, but admits he felt let down by his England team-mates for not backing him up.

Beckham was sent off for kicking the back of Diego Simeone's leg with his heel in their round of 16 stage defeat, lashing out at the Argentina captain after he had shoved him to the ground.

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid winger then had to watch on as England went on to lose the match on penalties.

Beckham was on the bench for the opening two games of the tournament and had only come back into the frame in the final group match against Colombia, in which he scored a stunning free-kick.

David Beckham has said he sobbed 'uncontrollably' after his sending off at the 1998 World Cup. Beckham was sent off for kicking the back of Diego Simeone's leg with his heel

But speaking on former United and England team-mate Gary Neville's The Overlap YouTube channel, he revealed frustration at a lack of playing time was not behind his sending off, instead saying it was essential to him enjoying a successful career.

'I remember how tough it was', he said. 'It was a tough tournament to start off with, it got better then it got really bad.

'That was a tough start [not getting picked for the first two games], what happened after that it was tough all round. I never felt I was frustrated playing in those games.

Beckham admitted he felt let down by his England team-mates for not backing him up. He was speaking to former Man United and England team-mate Gary Neville on the Overlap

'I don't remember going on that pitch wanting to prove a point because I had been left out of other games. It was just a moment that happened where I reacted - it was a moment of madness, really.

'When I look back on my career and talk about regrets, I wish that never happened. But on the flip side, if it didn't happen, I might not have had the career that I had.

'It's probably harsh to say I still feel let down [by team-mates] but I look back at that moment - we were young. I made a mistake but there's certain people in football you expect to get behind you no matter what. We always had that at United, but I felt let down.

'I don't think I've ever been as emotional as I was coming out of that ground and seeing my mum and dad. I was crying uncontrollable sobbing, which is slightly embarrassing. At the time, the Argentina coach was going past and they were all banging [on the window].'

Beckham was constantly booed and jeered by fans of opposition clubs for the majority of the following 1998-99 season, with a burning effigy of him and death threats among the worst of the backlash to his red card.

Beckham revealed then-United boss Sir Alex Ferguson called him to check in on him. He was booed by opposition fans for much of the following season due to his red card. He also revealed how the positive reception from United fans against Leicester helped him

But the 47-year-old has revealed how an encouraging conversation with then-club boss Sir Alex Ferguson, and the reception from United fans at home to Leicester in the first game of the new Premier League season helped him overcome the abuse.

'I didn't even think and expect what was going to happen for the next few years. I knew it would be a tough moment going back home, but I never expected it to be as bad as it was.

'The morning after [Sir Alex] phoned me early to say ''you alright son?''. I said yes and I got emotional to him. He said ''don't worry, go away and come back to the club and you've got us''. That was all I needed to hear.

'He said go away somewhere quiet. I went to New York! My wife Victoria was there and I went to meet her. It was probably the worst place I could have gone.

'I got back [from the World Cup] and walked through the airport and got absolutely abused by this one TV reporter who said I'd let my parents and grandparents down.

'Every game that season, apart from every time we played at Old Trafford, was horrendous. Every talk show, everywhere I went, every time I put petrol in the car I was getting abuse.

'Whether it was in Manchester or London, it didn't matter. The thing that got me through that season were the United fans, I was nervous anyway for that first game because I didn't know what reaction I would get.

'That first corner, I went over with the ball, and I looked up and the whole stand rose. That's how I got through that season.'

Beckham went on to score a last-gasp equaliser in that game, and played a vital part in United going on to win the treble that season, scoring nine goals and providing double the assists in 54 games.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10923651/David-Beckham-opens-crying-uncontrollably-red-card-1998-World-Cup.html
Old 27-09-2022, 09:34 AM   #1833
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

David Beckham is told he's made a 'big, big mistake' by taking £10m to be a paid ambassador for Qatar ahead of the World Cup, as Eric Cantona claims his old Manchester United team-mate 'doesn't know what has happened there'

* Eric Cantona has warned David Beckham over his role as ambassador for Qatar
* The Frenchman claimed that his former team-mate is making a 'big mistake'
* Beckham agreed to be a leading figure in the build-up to the World Cup
* As part of the deal, Beckham has promoted tourism and culture in Qatar
* Cantona has now urged the Englishman to 'do completely the opposite'

David Beckham has been told he's made a 'big mistake' in taking an ambassadorial role for the Qatar World Cup, by former team-mate Eric Cantona.

The ex-England international has come under fire in recent months for his decision to be a 'face' of the tournament and has been accused of duplicity in the country's sportswashing campaign.

And now Cantona, who Beckham knows well from their time at Manchester United, has urged the England icon to re-think his stance and suggests Beckham isn't aware of 'what has happened there'.

When asked if he would ever adopt a similar role to Beckham, Cantona told the Athletic: 'I would not do it at all. I do completely the opposite. In January 2022, I started to say that. Maybe I was the first one.

'But I am free to do it. And of course, an ex-player paid to do this kind of thing… It could be they don't know what has happened there. Or, if they know it, I think they did wrong. I think they made a big mistake. A big, big mistake.'

In February, it was announced that Beckham agreed a £10million deal to become an ambassador for the country over the decade, which has resulted in him being the face of the 2022 World Cup.

David Beckham has been urged to reverse his decision to become the face of Qatar 2022. Eric Cantona claims his former Man United team-mate 'doesn't know what has happened there'. Beckham agreed a £10million deal to become ambassador for the country over the decade

Cantona continued: 'If you have a player who says, "I will boycott the World Cup", you say, "Bravo". But you cannot condemn a 20-year-old player, who has a 10-year career, who lives in a world surrounded by people from football 24 hours per day.

'But do speak about the federations, speak about the politicians, who have the power to say, "No, we do not go to the World Cup".

'We cannot be disappointed if players don't want to boycott the World Cup, because at the top, the politicians, the presidents, the federations, the ministers… they have the power to boycott it.'

In June, human-rights organisation Amnesty International renewed it's criticism of David Beckham after he heaped praise on Qatar but ignored its appalling human rights record.

During an interview for Neville’s Sky Bet-sponsored YouTube show The Overlap, Beckham said: ‘Speaking as a fan, I’ve been coming to Qatar now for a number of years. I’ve seen the hospitality, the warmth of the people.

'We talk about football being for everybody, we talk about the World Cup being for everybody and this is the first time the World Cup is being hosted in this region and that is an incredible moment.

In a statement, Amnesty responded: ‘It’s glossy and full of footballing anecdotes, but it’s a shame the film makes no mention at all of Qatar’s long history of labour abuses, its shocking criminalisation of homosexuality or in fact any other human rights issue.

‘When David Beckham secured his lucrative deal to be an ambassador for football in Qatar, we said he ought to use his unique profile to keep the world’s focus on human rights issues surrounding the Qatar World Cup. This feels like a missed opportunity.’

In recent months, Beckham has praised 'the hospitality, the warmth of the people' in Qatar. The former England captain appeared in a promotional video for Qatar in August. The Mail on Sunday revealed over 2,800 working age foreigners have died in Qatar since 2011. The World Cup will be held in Qatar amid a backdrop of poor human rights record in the nation

Despite backlash, just two months later, Beckham appeared in a glossy new video to promote the despotic Middle Eastern country, calling it 'perfection'.

In a video set against the backdrop of the capital city Doha, the former England captain calls Qatar an 'incredible place to spend a few days' as he unveils his £10million deal to be the face of the Islamic nation.

In a voiceover to the video, Beckham says: 'Qatar really is an incredible place to spend a few days on a stopover. The modern and traditional fuse create something really special. It's one of the best spice markets that I have ever been to. This will go down as one of my favourite mornings. This is perfection, I cannot wait to bring my children back.'

Until now, Beckham has not acknowledged the controversial £10million contract to be the face of the World Cup and the Gulf state, where gay people are persecuted and misogyny is rife. It is still illegal for people to be gay there and women face discrimination from a male guardianship system that forces them to seek approval to marry, study or travel.

With serious issues also being raised over the country's treatment of migrant workers, Beckham has been accused of putting money ahead of principles in the lead-up to the tournament.

An investigation from the Mail on Sunday found that the deaths of 2,823 foreigners of working age in Qatar have gone unexplained — or 'unclassified' to use the official term — since 2011, while the Guardian reported last year that at least 6,750 migrant workers who died in Qatar since the games were awarded in 2010.

According to Human Rights Watch's Minky Worden: 'Official Qatari statistics show that 15,021 non-Qataris died in the country between 2010 and 2019. Not one migrant worker should die to make a World Cup possible. Yet in Qatar, thousands have.'

Despite this, the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy claims the number of work-related fatalities on World Cup projects is just three.

The families of the workers who died in the construction of Qatar's stadiums have since called for the Qatari government to provide 'millions in compensation'.

The Mail on Sunday revealed Beckham's deal with Qatar last February, which sparked fury from critics. Amnesty said at the time: 'We would urge him to learn about the deeply concerning human rights situation in Qatar and be prepared to speak out about it.'

Veteran human-rights activist Peter Tatchell said: ‘It is really disappointing that he is promoting Qatar in return for a lot of money, given its dismal human-rights record.

'He has made a huge mistake. I hope he will think again. This doesn’t square with his professed support for women’s and LGBT+ rights.’

Helen Barnard, research and policy director at the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, added: ‘Such weak justifications from Beckham and all the clubs and stars taking money from these brutal, horrific regimes.’

Beckham's relationship with Qatar is not a new one, stemming back to his time as a player at Paris Saint-Germain.

It is understood the ambassadorial deal came about as a result of Beckham's close friendship with the Qatari president of PSG, Nasser Al-Khelaifi, when the former Manchester United star played for the club in 2013.

The pair were photographed laughing together at an international match in Qatar in 2019 and Beckham has become a frequent visitor to the country.

'I wish I was still playing because to play in stadiums like this, it's a dream. Players are going to be spoilt.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11250539/David-Beckham-told-hes-big-mistake-taking-10m-paid-ambassador-Qatar.html
Old 12-10-2022, 09:51 AM   #1834
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Romeo Beckham 'is set to make his debut for Brentford's B-team' in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Crewe this weekend... with the son of Manchester United legend David looking to kickstart his career in England

* Romeo Beckham has reportedly been training with Brentford's B-team
* Brentford announced the B-team are due to play Crewe in a friendly on Saturday
* It's been said that Romeo could be set to make his English debut this weekend
* Romeo is contracted to Inter Miami - co-owned by his father David Beckham
* He returned to football in 2020 after being released by Arsenal back in 2014

Romeo Beckham is reportedly set to make his debut for Brentford's B-team this weekend.

It was said last week that the 20-year-old who is under contract at Inter Miami - co-owned by his father David - had made a surprise move to take his training to the reserve side of the Premier League outfit.

Brentford's official Twitter account confirmed on Monday that they will hold a behind-closed-doors friendly with Crewe Alexandra at the League Two club's Alexandra Stadium.

The Mirror have now reported that Romeo could be set to make his English debut during the match on Saturday.

Beckham was previously a youngster at Arsenal along with his brothers Brooklyn and Cruz.

However, he was released by the Gunners in 2014 along with his brothers, which led to him stepping away from the game as he pursued other ventures.

Romeo Beckham could be set to make his debut for Brentford's B-team this weekend

'The other day Romeo turned round to me and said he didn't want to play football anymore,' David said at the time.

'Part of me was devastated but part of me was relieved, too. He's got other passions and I like that.'

After announcing his decision to instead pursue tennis as a professional career, and training with Andy Murray, he then chose to return to chasing the football dream in 2020, signing professional terms with his father's outfit in September of that year.

It is unsure how long Romeo will train at Brentford, before making his return to Inter Miami.

The MLS season though typically runs from around February to October.

Romeo made his way back into the game with Inter's reserve side, Fort Lauderdale, and has impressed after bagging three assists in one game playing on the right hand side in a position where his father David famously starred for Manchester United and England.

His excellent form continued into the summer, following in his father's footsteps even more with a stunning free-kick while playing for Inter Miami's reserve side.

Beckham Snr posted his support on social media for his son's performance, saying: 'Well done mate so proud. First goal in a Miami shirt.' Romeo responded with: 'Love you Dad, that was for you.'

Romeo made 26 appearances for Inter Miami's second team last season, scoring twice.

'First full season was full of ups and downs,' he wrote on Instagram at the end of the domestic season. 'Not the ending we as a team wanted but only lessons learned to take into next year. Love this team and the journey we are on.'

Romeo Beckham, 19,made his first appearance for Inter Miami in a friendly earlier this year

Following his return to football, his famous father replaced the tennis court at their family home with a football pitch.

He soon got his first taste of action in an Inter Miami first-team shirt when he was brought on as a substitute in a 6-0 hammering by Barcelona during a friendly over the summer.

It led to criticism of boss Phil Neville, former team-mate of David Beckham, who also brought on his own son Harvey at half-time in the defeat.

Quizzed afterwards as to why the two talented youngsters were used in a match that, beforehand, Neville labelled as the biggest game in Inter Miami's four-year history, the English head coach was defiant in his response.

'Well I think we put the two boys on at wing-back and the first thing you measure is temperament. Have they got the temperament to play in this game? I think both of them did,' he told reporters.

'I was super proud of them both. Romeo only got on for the last five or six minutes, which is difficult, but they'd earned the right to get on.

'They both showed really good temperament and I think tonight we learned an awful lot.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11301999/Romeo-Beckham-set-make-debut-Brentfords-B-team-closed-doors-friendly.html
Old 11-11-2022, 01:40 PM   #1835
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

David Beckham should no longer be 'placed on a pedestal' after accepting a role as Qatar World Cup ambassador, LGBTQ England fans group suggests

* England LGBTQ+ fans' group disappointed David Beckham is Qatar ambassador
* He has reportedly been paid £10million for promoting Qatar ahead of World Cup
* Three Lions Pride group members have decided not to travel to the finals

An England LGBTQ+ fans' representative has expressed disappointment that David Beckham is a paid ambassador for Qatar ahead of the World Cup, having considered him to be a 'great ally' of the community.

Three Lions Pride group members have decided not to travel to the finals which start later this month, amid fears their presence could make the local LGBTQ+ community more vulnerable in a country where same-sex relationships are criminalised.

Qatar has been heavily criticised over its stance on human rights, particularly its attitude towards women and gay people, in the build-up to the World Cup.

The nation, which criminalises homosexuality, has also come under heavy scrutiny from human rights groups over its treatment of migrant workers.

Former England captain Beckham has reportedly been paid £10million for promoting Qatar ahead of World Cup.

Three Lions Pride co-founder Di Cunningham believes players speaking out on LGBTQ+ rights have 'shown up' tournament organisers FIFA, but reserved particular criticism for those, like former England captain Beckham, who have been paid to endorse Qatar.

An England LGBTQ+ fans' representative has expressed disappointment that David Beckham is a paid ambassador for Qatar ahead of the World Cup, having considered him to be a 'great ally' of the community. The former England football captain has been promoting the World Cup in Qatar as an official ambassador for the competition. He has reportedly been paid £10million to promote the tournament being held in Qatar. The nation's football team only played its first official match in 1970, four years after England's historic World Cup win

On a webinar hosted by the Sports and Rights Alliance on Wednesday, she said: 'One of the difficulties we're having is people taking the money in order to promote Qatar, to promote the World Cup.

'We're just so disappointed because the LGBTQ+ community has had David Beckham on a pedestal as a great ally, and then it turns out he's an ambassador for this World Cup and that's incredibly disappointing.

'So I hope the message has got through that people will be criticised for that.'

Beckham's representatives have been contacted for comment.

Cunningham said she would watch matches on the TV from the UK rather than boycott the event completely, but said assurances from FIFA president Gianni Infantino and Qatar's Supreme Committee that everyone was welcome in the Middle Eastern country were 'not enough'.

'Three Lions Pride will not be travelling to this World Cup, mainly because we understand from our counterparts in Qatar that our presence would render them vulnerable to systematic, institutional and potentially vigilante abuse,' she said.

'We're hearing what seems to be a kind of robotic insistence that all will be well, that we'll be safe, that we will be welcomed, but it's not backed by evidence or documented plans.

'There's no sign, as there was in Russia (at the 2018 World Cup), of any kind of appetite to relax or review the toxic environment there is for LGBTQ+ and other minority groups.

'It's wrong on so many levels. It was wrong when the decision was made, and it's still very, very wrong. There's not been any progress and just vocal reassurance from FIFA and from the Supreme Committee… it's just not enough.'

Minky Worden, the director of global initiatives at Human Rights Watch, described the players competing in this World Cup as 'hostages lashed to the ship of FIFA'.

FIFA president Gianni Infantino insists everyone will be welcome in Qatar. Qatar has been criticised for its treatment of workers during the construction of stadiums for the World Cup

'You're stuck going to wherever FIFA has gone,' she added.

'I think for many fans, athletes and others, the last decade has been a very bitter lesson. And the highest bidder gets to host the World Cup without a human rights framework in place.'

Worden said HRW and other organisations had worked hard with FIFA on putting in place a human rights framework.

She was asked about the prospect of Saudi Arabia, a country with an appalling human rights record, being involved in a bid for the 2030 World Cup.

'There can never again be a World Cup that does not uphold basic human rights, which puts athletes, for whom the World Cup is their place of work, in the invidious position of having to fear for their identity,' Worden added.

'We can never again have a World Cup that fails to respect basic human rights and that days before (it starts) simply has none of the expected assurances and protections.'

HRW published a report last month based on testimony from members of Qatar's LGBTQ+ community, where witnesses stated they were detained and abused by security forces.

The Qatari government rejected the contents of the report, stating the allegations within it were 'categorically and unequivocally false'.

The Sports and Rights Alliance also heard from speakers on the rights of women and domestic workers in Qatar, and on the restrictions facing journalists.

Just last week Gary Neville was humiliated during a guest host appearance on the BBC's Have I Got News For You over his World Cup commentary role in Qatar.

The former Manchester United footballer, 47, sparked a backlash when he agreed to be a pundit for state broadcaster beIN SPORTS for the tournament.

A month previously Neville also suggested Qatar is more harshly treated than Saudi Arabia and the UAE when it comes to criticism of its human rights record in another impassioned defence of his decision to work there.

Neville said human rights records in the UAE and Saudi Arabia - who are both heavily involved in football through their ownership of Manchester City and Newcastle, respectively - were 'worse', but the two countries seem to avoid the level of scrutiny and criticism aimed at Qatar.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11409071/David-Beckham-s-Qatar-ambassador-role-disappoints-Three-Lions-Pride-founder.html
Old 25-11-2022, 02:06 PM   #1836
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

David Beckham is 'open to talks' over Manchester United takeover and could be involved in consortium to buy the club after the Glazers put the Premier League giants up for sale this week

* David Beckham is open to holding talks with any potential buyers of Man United
* The former footballer is unable to afford the Premier League giants by himself
* Therefore, he could form part of an investment consortium to purchase the club
* His involvement could be beneficial for buyers given his history with the club
* The Glazer family announced on Tuesday they are looking to sell Man United

David Beckham has said he is open to holding talks with any potential buyers of Manchester United, according to reports.

Beckham is unable to afford the Premier League giants by himself but could form part of an investment consortium to purchase the club.

Beckham's involvement could be beneficial for any prospective buyers given his long-standing history with the club.

According to The Times, Beckham is open to holding talks with potential bidders for Manchester United.

David Beckham has said he is open to holding talks with any potential buyers of Man United. Beckham is unable to afford the Premier League giants by himself but could form part of an investment consortium to purchase the club. The Glazers, who have spent the last 17 years at Old Trafford, put United up for sale this week

Prospective buyers could enlist the former Red Devil to boost their chances of winning the bidding war for United.

Beckham's history with United and relationship with the Old Trafford faithful could swing the vote in the favour of those he chooses to partner with.

The Times adds that Beckham has been approached by 'various investors' in the past, but talks never progressed.

The former England captain is said to be more open than ever to discussing a deal as United confirmed their US owners were open to selling the club on Tuesday.

The Glazer family - who have faced significant opposition during their tenure - announced on Tuesday that they would be willing to sell the club after 17 years in charge.

The statement dropped on United's website at 9.30pm - just as trading on the New York Stock Exchange, where the club are listed, came to a close for the day.

In the statement, the club said the board of directors were starting a process 'designed to enhance the club's future growth' with the intention of maximising opportunities on and off the pitch.

The statement went on to say that the Glazers would consider all options, including 'new investment into the club, a sale, or other transactions.'

This was followed up by a quote from Avram and Joel Glazer, United's executive co-chairmen, who said 'we will evaluate all options'.

United's US owners are keen to 'explore strategic alternatives to enhance the club's growth'. Old Trafford is the largest club stadium in England but is in urgent need of some upgrades. Sir Jim Ratcliffe is reportedly preparing a bid to buy Manchester United from the Glazers. Ratcliffe could be interested in partnering with Beckham

The statement concluded with the caveat that 'there can be no assurance' any sale or investment will come from the process.

Sportsmail previously revealed how Sir Jim Ratcliffe had been linked to the purchase of Manchester United.

The British billionaire, who founded chemical giant Ineos, was one of the first to express an interest in purchasing the club when talk of a sale previously surfaced in the summer.

At the time, however, the Glazers had no intention of selling up in Manchester and Ratcliffe's admission therefore fell on deaf ears.

Now he is set to prepare a fresh approach after United's unpopular owners revealed they are open to offers, although it is believed there are concerns over the potential asking price.

Ratcliffe is wary about overpaying amid reports which claim the Glazers could demand at least £5billion for their controlling stakes in United, with brokers the Raine Group expected to push for a price beyond the club's natural value.

The 70-year-old has experience dealing with Raine after his failed takeover attempt at Chelsea in the summer, which collapsed when his bid was submitted too late after waiting for the price to drop.

Nevertheless, his aim to buy United - the club he has supported since he was a child - is said to be serious and Ineos are likely to have already done their due diligence on the Red Devils, given their rule of only taking over at companies which can increase significantly in value after three years.

Ratcliffe could be interested in partnering with Beckham - who played for United from his youth days until his signed for Real Madrid in 2003.

Beckham is regarded as a Manchester United legend. He formed part of the Class of '92 that won the FA Youth Cup along with Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville.

He went on to make 394 appearances for the first XI and scored 85 goals. One of his most notable came in the 1996-1997 campaign when he found the back of the net from the halfway line a Selhurst Park.

Beckham made the switch to Real Madrid in the summer of 2003 but kept the fans on side by helping United win another Premiership medal. He even scored a sensational free-kick against Everton in his last game before departing.

As a result, Beckham left the club with 11 trophies - including six Premier League titles and the Treble.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11463607/David-Beckham-open-talks-Man-Utd-takeover.html
Old 16-01-2023, 09:06 AM   #1837
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

David Beckham watches his son Romeo, 20, make his Brentford B debut at ninth-tier Erith & Belvedere in the pouring rain in Welling… before climbing a fence to make a swift exit after being mobbed by fans!

* Romeo Beckham came off the bench to make his debut for Brentford's 'B' team
* Legendary England star David watched his son in the London Senior Cup tie
* Beckham received international clearance to feature in squad for the match
* The stunning loan move came after Beckham impressed Brentford in training

In the far corner of Park View Road, as the rain swirled and the mud squelched, as Erith and Belvedere – a semi-pro side from England’s ninth tier – were on course for the London Senior Cup third round, a father snuck in to catch a glimpse of his son.

The face of David Beckham was hidden under a hood and a hat. The slight frame of Romeo, 20, was exposed to the elements and all the attention as he stepped out for his debut with Brentford B to begin the next chapter in the tale one of English football’s most famous families.

They usually attract 160-odd fans in this corner of south east London. For this tie, a record-breaking 553 paid £5 for their slice of history. Well, 554 with the late arrival.

Nearly an hour had gone and Brentford B trailed 2-1 when Beckham Jr came on for his first competitive game since September.

Romeo Beckham came off the bench to make his Brentford B team debut after his loan move. The 20-year-old is seeking to continue his football development with Brentford's B team

He has been training with the Bees for several months. Last week, he signed on loan from Inter Miami II – reserves of the MLS club co-owned by his father – until the end of the season.

The path from here to Thomas Frank’s first team has been trod before. This represented Beckham’s first step.

So he set up camp on the right flank – where else? – wearing No 21 and bright orange boots.

David Beckham was in attendance to watch his son's senior debut in English football

The legendary former England captain was mobbed by fans at the stadium in Welling

But before long, dozens were too busy to care. David had been rumbled.

On the pitch, Romeo was neat and tidy. He put in one sumptuous cross that just evaded everyone and sent a header bouncing along the bar – only to be flagged offside.

He whipped in a couple of late corners right in front of dad, too, which drew inevitable cheers and cries about just how to bend it.

From the debris of the second, a few minutes from time, Brentford found an equaliser.

Add then, in the dying moments, they forced home a winner. Fergie Time.

‘His father was an unbelievable player, with an unbelievable character, who had an unbelievable career. We push the players like they have never been pushed before and he (Romeo) has been incredible and bought into the culture and he should be proud of his debut,’ said Brentford B boss Neil MacFarlane.

Until recently, home had been Inter Miami’s glistening training complex, which sits next to an executive airport and stretches over 50,000-sq foot of Florida greenery.

On Tuesday night, the scene was rather less refined. All that separated one goal and the park next door? A wall of red corrugated iron. At the other end, those on the terraces were sheltered by scaffolding and a plastic sheet.

On the Brentford bench, however, stardust everywhere. Alongside Romeo was Kyreece Lisbie (son of Kevin) and Max Dickov (son of Paul). Alas, only one name drew a solitary, high-pitched cheer when the teams were read out. And only one youngster has grown up in a world of superyachts, supermodels and superstars.

None of that was much use on Tuesday afternoon, when this debut remained in limbo until a few hours before kick-off, when international clearance finally arrived.

But all’s well that ends well. And so by the time Romeo re-emerged for his warm-down and more autograph hunters swarmed, dad had hopped a fence on his way out of the side door.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11620437/David-Beckhams-son-Romeo-named-bench-Brentfords-B-team-joining-loan.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 254
-Ybb3F-, Aba_MaczUnited, abdul rahman, adefebsa, adittelor, aldorioclev23, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Aman, amed_aja, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andrydjemb4, andy kurniawan, Ardiey11, arief rachman, Arland00, arymashuda, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, ayahocta, Ayunda, azisfirdaus, babol cantona, bambang.hariyanto, bang_zak, beckz_on7, bhowz, big_ganz, billywarouw, binsar p sigalingging, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, boimKosim, bombom, BQbgGHbqbp, bs_brew, Bulma, cep23cms, chest, crazygurlz, CRj, d10neladitya, daitze, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, dee_vee7, dekepiks, delongedee, Dera Riesta S, derajulio, DeriEdmon17, dery pramudito, der_emperor, desta swegenk, devil_heart, Dhie_Cantona07, dhodoadrian, dibi, Didin, dudut, dwi.cleverley23, dyan_giggs, ebiTh, ecly_watchaa, edroid, Eka UPC, eliasinc, emunx keane, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, eying26, fadilbedil, fajrinited, fatzzjoe, Febert Wuisang, febza, Federico27, ferly_Liemz, fetem, fey777, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, Fitransyah Putra, franky winata, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, FZwrLUcoom, GeaErang, GentaP, ghopoereds, giggs26, Gledies Anggy, goodfron, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, hdhe16, hendiplast, hendrabulk, hendrikYP, HenryRooney07, herzgiggsy, HRHMU86, iamsetia, iblismerah, id4y, ing areese, ipay, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, Ivank, iyyye, janettlamz, jifortin, Johnny Depp, jratualang, Juni HW, JustDenny, JustUnited, khazuhiro, kingherooney, King_Cantona, kykyba7, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, leo aryo, Les Diables Rouges, liwaul hamdi s, loveUNITED, lusiarha, Mahesa_Jenar, marsel david, mayarararocks, MCR7, MichaelMU, mikhail vidic, MUFC1878, mygalzbiatch, naufalhilmy, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, nofi_redsarmy, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ollacarla, omink_08, Oom Panda, OSziXXoztn, paiman, pelz, penk22_, petetdidi, pongsamma, prahmono, pukimax, pung91, Pure_red, qlkeucoit67, Rean, Red Army, reddevilmaniac, redit, Redsbusby, red_girl_mia, revald, Ricky_urban, rio vander vidic, riska ramdhani, Riskur, rizkyawan, rizluq, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, ronald hars, ronysnaja, roodee_UID, Ryan Smith, s.h.a.r.a.z, saka7, sanji0ne, scratch, sepatu_ancur, Septiansyah, setiawans001, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, steve.crowford, sugeng99pramono, SuperBecks, swareksa, Syarifeghy, Tamanaro, tasho, taz_devil_utd, teukurevi5, Tevan, theater of dream, Theresia Intan, Thomas, TomEnrico, tovanokristan, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, UBENK 444, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, unai cantona, UNITED1878, united7, unitedlogy, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, VaDLi, vankyoet, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, Victory, waynehanks, wazzapoetra, wazza_ampuh, Welki red devils, Wengge Schmeichel, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, yacub budi, YRgoFManpm, yusufdian, zan_mufc, zeavhere, zircon tri hafid, zizitchy, zudomiriku