United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Lounge

Old 24-05-2022, 10:20 AM   #1
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Manchester United under Erik ten Hag

'The plan is HUGE and we only have a short time': Erik ten Hag lays out his Man United blueprint to 'end the era' of Liverpool and City dominance with Ronaldo involved... but no guarantees for Maguire

* Erik ten Hag sat down for his first press conference as Manchester United boss
* The Dutchman was confident he can knock Liverpool and Man City off perch
* Ten Hag insists Cristiano Ronaldo will still add goals to his side next term
* Ex-Ajax boss praised Harry Maguire but offered no guarantees on his captaincy

Erik ten Hag has declared that he can break Manchester City's and Liverpool's duopoly of English football while Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp are still in power.

Ten Hag was unveiled as United's new manager on Monday, replacing interim boss Ralf Rangnick after a turbulent season at Old Trafford. He will be assisted by Mitchell van der Gaag and Steve McClaren.

City and Liverpool fought out another dramatic title race on Sunday after dominating the domestic game again this season, finishing more than 30 points clear of United who languished in sixth place.

Erik ten Hag insists he has a 'huge' plan to rebuild Manchester United as their new boss. The Dutchman sat down for his first press conference as United boss at Old Trafford. Ten Hag suggested Man City and Liverpool's era of dominance can come to an end under him

Ten Hag was asked if he can break the stranglehold established by United's two main rivals while Guardiola and Klopp are still in situ, and replied: 'I think, yeah.

'In this moment I admire them both. Liverpool and Manchester City play fantastic football, but you will always see an era can come to an end. I look forward to a battle with them and I'm sure other clubs will want to do that.

'I don't see this as a risk. I think this club has a great history and let's make a future. I'm really excited to do that with the people around in the club – work hard, be 100 per cent committed and I'm sure we will have success.

'I have been to Manchester before but this is the first time at Old Trafford. I'm impressed. It feels like my home already. I cannot wait for the first match and the stands are full. It will be an exciting experience.

'I have seen a lot in the past. Manchester United have a lot of generations who are really successful. There is always a fantastic ambience and I look forward to that experience. In every country I have a favourite club and in England it's Manchester United.'

However, when asked for a timeframe on a title challenge from United, he said: 'I don't think about that at this moment.

'I'm thinking that this is a project and it takes time. We want to win every game. We go from game to game and then we'll see.

'The confidence is that I have a good feeling with the people around, I have a good feeling from the meetings. We have a plan and now it's about getting the plan done.'

Ten Hag insists Cristiano Ronaldo will still be part of his plans in his first season in charge

Then repeating what he had said in his first interview, he added: 'The season before, this squad was second in the Premier League and there's huge potential. If we improve, if we can work with them, we can get better results.'

'We have to set clear purposes, you need people who have the positive attitude.

'Players dictate the way of play, when I have the idea, I will line-up my best team and get the best out of them to make them feel comfortable. It is about getting success together.'

Ten Hag will wait until pre-season to speak with the players, although many will be leaving the club this summer. He confirmed that he wants Cristiano Ronaldo to stay after finishing as United's top scorer with 24 goals this season.

However, he was less emphatic about the possibility of Harry Maguire remaining as captain after a difficult season for the England defender.

'Next season is a different season, but he did a great job,' said Ten Hag. 'He's a great player and he achieved a lot already. I'm looking forward to working with him.'

He praised Harry Maguire too but stopped short of offering guarantees on his club future

Ten Hag also confirmed countryman and former United boss Louis van Gaal was among the people he had spoken to before accepting the job.

But he appeared to reject the current Holland boss' assessment that United are a 'commercial club' and that he would therefore be better 'going to a football club'.

'The reason [I took the job] is, although there is a fantastic history, is the high potential for the future - that's why I'm here,' ten Hag added.

'I've heard [what van Gaal said], but I draw my own line. I'm convinced that will not be the case, I spoke with directors about it — football is one, two, three in this club.

'Every club these days is commercial. Every club needs it, you need the revenue to be at the top. But football is one, two, three.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/live/article-10845141/Erik-ten-Hag-unveiled-Manchester-United-manager-LIVE-Updates-Dutchman-begins-reign.html
Old 24-05-2022, 10:32 AM   #2
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester United under Erik ten Hag

Erik ten Hag knows he is starting from Manchester United’s lowest ebb as he embarks on his great rebuild… he’s here to take a wrecking ball to all that has been built in error over recent years

* Erik ten Hag took his first press conference as a Manchester United manager
* He now embarks on a rebuild job which could take long to turn things around
* Ten Hag is here to take a wrecking ball to what United have built in recent years

Under a grey Mancunian sky, Erik ten Hag became the sixth man in nine years to attempt to bring some sunshine back to Manchester United.

It will not be an easy task. The competition between modern Premier League heavyweights Liverpool and Manchester City has been built on a platform of previously unseen excellence.

United, meanwhile, have been allowed to plumb new modern depths.

Ten Hag was at Crystal Palace to see United lose on Sunday. He arrived in Manchester on Monday just as City were preparing to parade their fourth league title in five years though the centre of town.

So United’s new manager knows the task at hand and as he starts work, on a three-year contract, the 52-year-old perhaps has little choice but to break it all down in to manageable pieces.

Erik ten Hag has a big job ahead of him after his first press conference as a Man United boss. He will be looking to take a wrecking ball to what has been built at United in recent seasons

‘I think we are in need of a process and this is a start,’ he said with heavy tones of understatement.

Sitting before a strangely small group of journalists, this was an unveiling that looked and felt rather low-key and that was probably appropriate.

Ever since Sir Alex Ferguson’s title-winning squad of 2013 could not be persuaded to perform the same tricks for his successor David Moyes, each incumbent to follow has inherited an even bigger mess than the one before.

Ten Hag referenced last season’s second-place finish as proof that United have a better squad than many believe. But, deep down, he knows what everybody else knows. That was a fluke.

United earned 74 points last time round and that would have secured them fourth place this year. Still not good enough, but better for sure than the 58 points mustered from a season just finished that was split between Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Ralf Rangnick.

A look at the league table reveals all about Manchester United circa 2022. Just 16 wins from 38 games, 12 defeats and, perhaps most shocking of all for a club built on attacking football, a goal difference of precisely zero. The last time that any United team failed to register a positive in that particular column was 32 years ago.

Ten Hag spoke of his desires to get Man United back on terms with Man City and Liverpool

Arriving after a title success in Holland with Ajax, Ten Hag has faltering English. Even in Dutch, he is no great orator.

His predecessor Rangnick sat in the same chair last November and over-promised.

He subsequently under-delivered to an extraordinary degree. There was no chance of the former on Monday but on certain topics, the Dutchman’s message was clear. Asked if he was happy to have Rangnick in the shadows as a football consultant, Ten Hag said: ‘That’s on the club.’

Asked if he could undermine City and Liverpool’s Premier League hegemony while Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp were still in place, he replied: ‘I think, yeah.’

If Ten Hag could take some of that straight talking and clarity of vision into the United dressing room it would help.

When he became Ajax coach in 2017, Ten Hag was not immediately popular. Some players would privately mock him. But that is nothing compared to the level of disregard shown by United players to Rangnick. The modern United has allowed such levels of entitlement to grow among its playing staff. Solskjaer was soft and Rangnick was powerless given the short-term nature of his interim role.

Good dressing rooms police themselves. Bad ones resemble jigsaws with the corner pieces missing. If Ten Hag has not already identified this as a pressing issue then the many conversations he claims to have had ahead of taking the job have been with the wrong people.

The good news for United — and there is some — is that they have been driven to make real change. United’s football operation at several levels is starting to look different and more modern.

Had Solskjaer bumbled the team along into a fourth-place finish, nobody would be laughing at United but nor would they be worrying about any involvement in the title race any time soon. From that point of view, Solskjaer and United were never good for each other.

Now, motivated by crisis, United have taken the big decisions. They have torn up a map that was leading them only in circles and maybe somewhere there is a slight but relevant comparison to be made with Liverpool.

Ten years ago this coming Friday, Brendan Rodgers was unveiled as the new manager at Anfield. Liverpool had finished the previous season in eighth on 52 points, 37 points behind new champions City. Kenny Dalglish had been invited to step aside after a miserable campaign characterised by the Luis Suarez-Patrice Evra race row.

That morning at Anfield, Liverpool felt like a club ready to draw a line and move on. Rodgers was green, only 39 at the time, but carried himself like a man who knew what the problems were. It took Liverpool eight years to win a league title from that day but it took nowhere near as long for Rodgers to make them relevant again.

The road ahead for Ten Hag and United is dreadfully long but it is possible to move at speed. It just needs the right man at the wheel. And so, for the sixth time since Ferguson, we wait.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10846923/IAN-LADYMAN-Erik-ten-Hag-Manchester-United-wrecking-ball-built-error.html
Old 25-05-2022, 09:32 AM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville claims expectation will not be 'too high' for Erik ten Hag in his first season at Manchester United... but warned the Dutchman has a tough task to overhaul the 'animals of managers' in the top four of the Premier League

* Erik ten Hag was officially unveiled as the new United manager on Monday
* The Dutchman is set to oversee a rebuild at Old Trafford after a dismal season
* Gary Neville says Ten Hag will have his work cut out in his role as United boss
* Ten Hag saw his new team suffer a 1-0 defeat by Crystal Palace on Sunday

Gary Neville has claimed expectation will not be 'too high' for Erik ten Hag in his first season as Manchester United manager as he warned the Dutchman has a big challenge ahead of him to reach the level of the top clubs in the league.

Ten Hag was officially unveiled as United boss on Monday after signing a three-year contract, with the option of a fourth, to succeed interim manager Ralf Rangnick.

The 52-year-old Dutchman has started his work at Old Trafford early as he bids to rebuild a team that finished with their lowest Premier League points tally and failed to qualify for the Champions League.

Speaking on the Gary Neville podcast, the former United defender turned pundit described the likes of Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Thomas Tuchel and Antonio Conte as 'animals of managers' and said it will be difficult for Ten Hag and Mikel Arteta at Arsenal to overhaul them next season.

United finished 35 points behind champions Manchester City and were 13 points off Tottenham in fourth.

'He has got a big job,' Neville said. 'Expectation next season, with the four managers and four clubs that are in front of him at the moment, won’t be too high. Yes, United will want to break into the top four but there will be time and there will be patience.

Gary Neville believes expectation will not be 'too high' for Erik ten Hag in his first season. Ten Hag was officially unveiled as the new Manchester United manager on Monday. The loss to Palace brought end to a season described as a 'disaster' and 'desperate' by Neville

'Tuchel, Conte, Klopp and Guardiola – they are animals of managers these four. They win trophies all the time. They are stood on that touchline and can eat you up and eat you alive almost with their presence and aura. The rest of them have got a long way to get to that.

'It is a big challenge for the likes of Arteta and Ten Hag.'

Ten Hag was in the stands to watch United's dismal campaign end in a 1-0 defeat by Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Sunday.

'It has been a desperate season and Erik Ten Hag has seen a glimpse of what the rest of us have seen all the way through,' Neville added.

'I don’t think any United fans wanted to watch a United game in the last few weeks – we have almost wanted the season to end immediately and switch our attention to the summer and see how a new manager can come in with optimism.

'It has gone from 12 months ago, when United were preparing for a Europa League final and finishing second above Liverpool, to where we are today. I can’t explain it.

'Ten Hag needs time to settle in to the club and get used to the club. It is a huge football club. The media over here, the expectation… United are always the story. People either want to watch United win or they want to watch them lose, it is a fact of life.

'They will always be the story even in a bad season like this because there is an element of wanting to watch a disaster – a football disaster – happening before your eyes.

'The season is done with and it needs putting to bed very quickly. It has been an awful season on and off the pitch.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10848607/Gary-Neville-claims-expectation-not-high-Erik-Ten-Hag-season.html
Old 06-06-2022, 10:38 AM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Erik ten Hag 'will let Manchester United players vote on who should be club captain' amid doubts over current skipper Harry Maguire... 'with David de Gea the overwhelming favourite to take over the armband'

* England centre-back Harry Maguire is the current Manchester United captain
* However, he struggled last season, and his role in the side is being questioned
* Incoming boss Erik ten Hag is set to let the players decide on the captaincy
* David de Gea is popular among the players, and is expected to take the armband

David de Gea has emerged as the overwhelming favourite to become Manchester United's next captain, according to reports.

Current skipper Harry Maguire came under pressure last season after a below-par campaign, with some questioning his ability to continue in the role.

And it seems that he could have to relinquish the armband ahead of next season.

Incoming manager Erik ten Hag is set to allow the players to choose who the captain should be, and de Gea is expected to get the nod from his team-mates, as reported by The Sun.

Harry Maguire has been Man United captain for two years, but his position is being questioned. David de Gea has emerged as the favourite to replace him as the team's captain

Maguire's days as captain have appeared to be numbered for some time as the England centre-back was believed to be involved in a power struggle with star striker Cristiano Ronaldo back in February.

It was claimed that interim boss Ralf Rangnick considered speaking to the pair about the Portuguese forward taking on the armband for the rest of the season, but Maguire managed to retain his role in the end.

It is understood that Ronaldo would still be in the running to replace Maguire now, but de Gea would likely beat him if it comes down to a vote in the dressing room.

Cristiano Ronaldo may also be considered, but he is set to miss out on the captaincy to de Gea. Erik ten Hag is set to let the players decide who the next captain should be

De Gea has spent the last 11 years at Old Trafford, and has become a popular figure at the club during this time.

He won the Players' Player of the Year award for the fourth time on Friday, indicating how highly-rated he is by his peers.

He led the Red Devils in their first three league games of the 2019-20 season, before Ole Gunnar Solskjaer opted to appoint Maguire as permanent captain in January 2020, less than six months after he arrived from Leicester for £80million.

De Gea endured a difficult spell after that, which included briefly losing his place in the team to Dean Henderson, but he is now the undisputed No. 1 at United, and he could be handed extra responsibility at the club in the coming months.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10885477/David-Gea-leading-contender-replace-Harry-Maguire-Man-United-captain.html
kalo voting mah ban kapten sepertinya bakal menjadi milik De Gea dengan wakilnya Ronaldo atau sebaliknya
Old 08-07-2022, 09:30 AM   #5
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Alcohol and personal chefs are BANNED, latecomers will be axed, there's weekly BMI checks... and DON'T moan to your agents: Erik ten Hag's 'five strict new rules' for Man United's stars are revealed

* Erik ten Hag is embarking on his first season in charge of Manchester United
* The Dutch head coach is known for having a strict disciplinarian attitude
* This has been illustrated by the set of values he has reportedly passed down

Erik ten Hag has delivered a set of five values he wishes his Manchester United players to abide by, according to reports.

The Dutchman, who was confirmed as United boss in April, is taking charge of his first campaign at Old Trafford and getting to know his squad.

The club are set to embark on a pre-season tour of Thailand and Australia later this month, ahead of the Premier League season kicking off in August.

A strict disciplinarian, the 52-year-old has now laid down a set of rules he expects each of his players to abide by.

According to the Daily Mirror, they include the mantra that any player late to training or team meetings will be dropped without exception.

Drinking alcohol during a matchweek is also something that will be banned. This will essentially work as a blanket ban on alcohol across the season, with United regularly set to play twice a week due to European commitment.

One of the biggest changes will be to food. Ten Hag has banned players from adopting their own personal chefs and wants all players to use the canteen at Carrington as their main source for meals.

Ten Hag has sought to overhaul the menu available as one of his first moves, with fish and vegetables now more prominent at meal times.

The likes of Luke Shaw have publicly flaunted their hiring of private chefs in the past, something which has seen players able to commit to their own dietary choices.

However, each player will still receive a unique food plan to meet their individual needs. The only difference is that it will now be controlled by the club.

The Dutchman is also wary of players keeping their weight in check and as a result BMIs will be checked on a weekly basis.

Finally, he has requested that all player grievances are run by him, instead of going to agents or other sources.

Erik ten Hag has laid down five rules he wants his Manchester United players to abide by. Personal chefs are set to be banned by the new United boss. Drinking during matchweek is also set to be banned by the new United head coach

Indeed, dressing room leaks were one of the main bug bears of previous bosses Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and interim head coach Ralf Rangnick, and they are something Ten Hag is hoping to eradicate from United.

News of dressing room unhappiness reaching the back pages and social media was a regular occurrence last season, which served to undermine those in charge.

According to Richard Arnold, two of the main sources of those leaks have now left the club.

Ten Hag has already been hit with his first major challenge at United, with Cristiano Ronaldo pushing for a move away.

Ronaldo was due to return to training this week, but was given leave of absence on Monday for family reasons.

However, the Portuguese star has still not shown, and it is now unclear if he will even join the squad on their pre-season tour.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10991193/Erik-ten-Hags-five-strict-new-rules-Man-Uniteds-stars-revealed.html
Old 12-07-2022, 09:36 AM   #6
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Erik ten Hag confirms Harry Maguire WILL stay Manchester United captain as the Dutchman throws his weight behind the England star after concerns were raised over his leadership

* Harry Maguire will continue as Manchester United's captain under Erik ten Hag
* Doubts had emerged over whether the England star would keep the armband
* Maguire's leadership was questioned last season, amid his huge slump in form
* But Ten Hag backed him to continue during a press conference in Thailand

Harry Maguire will remain Manchester United captain, new manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed.

Maguire's position as skipper was thrown into doubt after the England defender lost form and his place in the team last season.

Ten Hag was also less than emphatic in his support of Maguire staying as captain at his unveiling in May, but the United boss confirmed his decision ahead of Tuesday's friendly against Liverpool in Bangkok.

'Harry Maguire is our captain,' said Ten Hag. 'I have to get to know all the players, but he's an established captain and he's achieved a lot of success.'

The news is a welcome boost for Maguire in the wake of a difficult season and with United chasing a new centre-back after tabling an improved offer of £43million for Lisandro Martinez of Ajax.

Ten Hag had some reassuring words for two other United players who struggled last season, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford.

Martial spent the second half of the campaign making little impact on loan at Sevilla, and may yet leave United for good before the transfer window closes. Rashford lost form and confidence and dropped below Anthony Elanga in the pecking order by the end of the season.

'What I know and see is they have an impact on the opponent and can hurt opponents,' said Ten Hag.

'But we have not played one game, we have to find out. We work for two weeks, they are fitting really good together and we have to find out what is the best.'

Erik ten Hag has confirmed Harry Maguire (right) will continue as Manchester United captain. Ten Hag said the England ace is 'an established captain' who has 'achieved a lot of success'. Maguire struggled all season and his leadership was questioned by some of his team-mates

United could hardly have picked a tougher first game for their new manager as they face old rivals Liverpool at the Rajamangala National Stadium.

They lost 9-0 on aggregate to Jurgen Klopp's team across their two Premier League meetings last season.

'Playing against Liverpool is always exciting,' said Ten Hag. 'It's a big game, we are looking forward and it's a really good test for us.

'The standard of Manchester United is to win every game so we will start with that in mind and be determined. We are happy to play this game in Bangkok for many, many fans.

'We just started, some players only one week. Now we have to construct a team and a way of playing. We are really short in pre-season but, of course, we have to develop a lot more.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11001853/Erik-ten-Hag-confirms-Harry-Maguire-stay-Manchester-United-captain.html
Old 13-07-2022, 09:31 AM   #7
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'We will not overestimate this result': Erik ten Hag downplays Man United's 4-0 win against Liverpool... with Red Devils boss insisting he still saw 'a lot of mistakes' from his side despite dominant victory

* Manchester United hammered Liverpool 4-0 in Bangkok on Tuesday
* The result gave Erik ten Hag the perfect start to his time in charge of the club
* However, he is refusing to get carried away by the one-sided victory
* He still feels he saw 'a lot of mistakes' from his team during the game

Erik ten Hag isn’t getting carried away by Manchester United’s 4-0 win over old rivals Liverpool in his first game in charge.

United surged into a three-goal lead before half-time in Bangkok with Jadon Sancho, Fred and Anthony Martial all on target. Facundo Pellistri added a fourth before the end to get Ten Hag’s reign off to an excellent start.

But Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp changed all 10 outfield players after half an hour and again on 60 minutes, with Ten Hag also making 10 changes at half-time.

Manchester United thrashed Liverpool 4-0 in the opening game of their pre-season tour. Erik ten Hag has insisted that he won't get carried away despite getting off to a dream start. Ten Hag felt that his team still made 'a lot of mistakes' in the game despite winning comfortably

The Dutchman was keen to play down the significance of the result against a team that beat United 9-0 on aggregate in the Premier League last season, saying he was happy but had seen ‘a lot of mistakes’.

‘I’m satisfied today,’ Ten Hag told MUTV. ‘It was a team with a great spirit and we know we are just getting started. We made some mistakes in the press, we conceded some chances, but we created a lot.

‘We have to work hard to cut out the mistakes but, of course, we are happy. I know we have good players. We have started to build a team and I am happy with the first game.

‘It will take a lot of time. I have seen a lot of mistakes. Liverpool played three teams, they were not at their strongest. We will not overestimate this result.

‘But still, I have seen some really good things. A lot of speed and creativity up front.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11006517/Erik-ten-Hag-downplays-Man-Uniteds-comfortable-win-against-Liverpool.html
Old 19-07-2022, 09:39 AM   #8
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Erik ten Hag issues strict time-keeping rules to his Manchester United squad in a bid to stamp out ill-discipline... but the new Red Devils boss is keen for his players to police themselves as well

* Erik ten Hag has vowed to crack down on discipline issues at Manchester United
* The Dutch manager has issued a strict new time-keeping policy to his squad
* But the 52-year-old is keen for Red Devils players to police themselves as a group
* He also admitted that he was not averse to the odd explosive half-time team talk

Erik ten Hag has vowed to crack down on discipline at Manchester United but wants the players to police themselves as well.

United’s new manager has introduced strict new rules regarding time-keeping, nutrition and alcohol consumption after taking over this summer.

‘When you want to get results, you need a team,’ he said. ‘It is organisation, co-operation, and also you need discipline.

'When there is no discipline around, you will not find it on the pitch as well.

‘I’m quite severe on such issues. I will tell every player what I expect of them. I have high standards because you are here, you are playing for Manchester United, then you must bring it every day on the pitch.

'Why are you not acting to your standards? That is an expectation I have.

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag has vowed to stamp down on ill-discipline at the club. The 52-year-old coach has brought in a new set of time-keeping rules to improve discipline. He believes his Man United players have 'done well' in pre-season to adapt to his demands

‘I think we have done well. The players respond well to the demands we have. I set some standards, we introduce how we play, and I’m satisfied with that.’

Ten Hag isn’t averse to the odd half-time rant, saying: ‘It is a tool that a coach has. Most of the times it will go in a normal behaviour way. Sometimes you have to use all the set of tools you have.’

However, he is happy for United players to keep each other in line. ‘I think it is on the players themselves to also be severe to each other, because if they want to achieve success they have to stick together. Sometimes there is a need for correction.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11025191/Erik-ten-Hag-issues-strict-time-keeping-rules-vows-stamp-ill-discipline-Man-United.html
Old 25-07-2022, 11:19 AM   #9
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United are braced to begin the season WITHOUT Cristiano Ronaldo... with Erik ten Hag still in the dark about the wantaway forward's availability less than two weeks before the Red Devils face Brighton

* Man United are still unsure about when Cristiano Ronaldo will return to training
* The forward, 37, missed the club's pre-season tour because of a family issue
* United have been careful not to put any pressure on Ronaldo amid his no show
* His agent Jorge Mendes has been trying to engineer a move to Atletico Madrid

Manchester United are still in the dark about when or if Cristiano Ronaldo will return to the club as they flew back from their tour of Thailand and Australia last night.

Erik ten Hag and his players touched down in Manchester having been without the Portugal star for the 17-day trip after he was given compassionate leave for a family issue.

But United's patience is being tested three weeks after the player was due to report for pre-season training.

The club have accepted Ronaldo's explanation and have been careful not to put any pressure on him.

Manchester United are still in the dark about whether Cristiano Ronaldo will return to the club. Erik ten Hag and his players have arrived back in Manchester following their pre-season tour

But there is a growing feeling at United that something will have to give over the next couple of weeks before they kick off the new season against Brighton. It is unlikely that the 37-year-old would be available for that game.

Although he posted a picture from the gym in Lisbon on Saturday — the day United drew 2-2 with Aston Villa in Perth — he has not done the same preparation as his team-mates or worked with Ten Hag.

United have two more friendlies, with a first-choice XI facing Atletico Madrid in Oslo on Saturday and a second string playing Rayo Vallecano at Old Trafford 24 hours later.

Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes has been trying to engineer a move to Atletico having failed to drum up sufficient interest from Europe's top clubs.

Although it is understood that Ronaldo would take a cut on his £500,000-a-week wages, Atletico would need to sell players to fund the move. United continue to insist that Ronaldo is not for sale.

Meanwhile, striker Marcus Rashford has hailed a 'priceless' pre-season as he attempts to get back to his best.

The forward's poor performances saw him dropped by England but he hopes to have turned a corner after a full pre-season under Ten Hag.

'I feel fit, I feel strong and we've come out of the trip without any injuries,' Rashford said.

'For me personally, it's priceless to have the pre-season that I've had. I feel really happy. I'm my own harshest critic, I know when I'm not playing my best football and I know when I need to improve.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11044283/Manchester-United-braced-begin-season-WITHOUT-Cristiano-Ronaldo.html
Old 28-07-2022, 09:34 AM   #10
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Highly-rated Zidane Iqbal is set to STAY at Manchester United this season as Erik ten Hag wants the youngster to progress... but goalkeeper Nathan Bishop is poised to join Wycombe

* Zidane Iqbal is set to stay at Man United as Erik ten Hag wants him to progress
* The highly-rated 19-year-old has impressed in pre-season games this summer
* Meanwhile, goalkeeper Nathan Bishop looks destined to join Wycombe

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag wants to keep midfielder Zidane Iqbal to help his progress while goalkeeper Nathan Bishop is poised to join Wycombe.

The teenage midfielder was introduced to United fans last season when he made his professional debut in the Champions League during a 1-1 draw against Young Boys in December.

Zidane signed a new long-term deal to stay at Old Trafford last month and has excelled in United's pre-season games this summer.

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag wants Zidane Iqbal to stay at the club in order to progress. Goalkeeper Nathan Bishop looks destined to sign for League One side Wycombe

The 19-year-old did not look out of place when coming up against the likes of Fabinho, Thiago Alcantara and Naby Keita during Man United's 4-0 win against Liverpool earlier this month.

His progress over the last 12 months has seen him play for Iraq's national team in World Cup qualifiers against Iran and Lebanon off the bench.

Meanwhile, Bishop looks destined to sign for League One side Wycombe in search of more experience.

The 22-year-old spent last season on loan at Mansfield where he made 46 league appearances as the team failed to gain promotion to League One after losing the play-off final.

As well as making four new signings, a number of players such as Andreas Perriera, Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard and Nemanja Matic have all headed for the Old Trafford exit.

Ten Hag's side will open the new campaign with a home game against Brighton on August 7.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11056123/Zidane-Iqbal-set-stay-Manchester-United-season-Erik-ten-Hag-wants-progress.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 10
adaastopa5922, annetapitt5084, bbobbyitta5057, braausasda9593, dhodoadrian, jehnzhulze7993, richoeka, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku