United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 22-12-2022, 08:45 AM   #31
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Antony

'They knew he would leave in the summer': Erik ten Hag claims the £85m departure of Antony couldn't have been a surprise for Ajax... as he insists the Brazilian was already a target for Manchester United before his arrival as manager

* Manchester United signed forward Antony from Ajax for £85m in the summer
* Erik ten Hag has claimed his former side were prepared for Antony's departure
* He also insisted the winger was a target for United before his arrival as manager

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has claimed the signing of Antony from Ajax couldn't have come as a surprise for the Dutch club as they had prepared for his departure since January.

United signed the Brazilian for £85million in the summer after prolonged negotiations, with Ajax doing all they could to hold onto their star man.

The Dutch champions were angry with the situation, with Antony refusing to train in order to force through a move.

Their boss, Alfred Schreuder, also highlighted his fury at the time of the transfer as he told ESPN: 'Nowadays, everything is about money. I find this sad, but this is our world.

'It's very sad and I don't approve that these things are happening at us.'

However, United boss Ten Hag has hit back at his former club - and claimed they were fully prepared for the Brazilian to leave in the summer - while he revealed the Red Devils had been targeting the winger long before his arrival.

Erik ten Hag insisted Ajax were fully prepared for the £85m exit of Brazilian winger Antony. United signed Antony after protracted negotiations as he skipped training to force a move. Ten Hag also insisted the winger was a target long before he arrived as boss at Old Trafford

'Antony's departure couldn't have been a surprise for Ajax,' he told Dutch outlet VI.

'In January they already knew he would leave in the summer. We had three names on the list for the right forward position, he was already on the list at Manchester United before I arrived.'

Ten Hag added: 'Antony's management was very clear to Ajax [in January]. They said: "In 6 months time, Antony will make a transfer".

'Then we started working on getting another Brazilian in to replace Antony, and Steven Bergwijn.'

Ajax did indeed sign Steven Bergwijn, bringing the forward in from Tottenham for £28m in the summer.

Antony then departed with the Brazilian making a positive impact so far during his time at Old Trafford.

He has scored three goals in six Premier League games and showed signs of having the talent to succeed, while he also featured for Brazil during the World Cup in Qatar.

United return to action on Wednesday evening when they face Burnley in the Carabao Cup.

The Red Devils then host Nottingham Forest in the Premier League on December 27.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11562129/Erik-ten-Hag-claims-departure-Antony-Man-United-surprise-Ajax.html
Old 09-01-2023, 08:40 AM   #32
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Man United winger Antony reveals he had to deal with a 'really, really difficult moment' in midweek before returning to score against Everton... as he thanks manager Erik ten Hag and his teammates for their support

* Antony missed Man United's 3-0 win against Bournemouth on Tuesday
* The winger has revealed he had a 'really difficult moment' during the week
* He returned to United's starting line-up in the FA Cup against Everton on Friday
* Antony opened the scoring in the fourth minute as United went on to win 3-1
* Antony has thanked Erik ten Hag and his teammates for their support

Manchester United's £82million signing Antony has revealed that he recovered from a ‘really, really difficult moment’ in midweek before scoring the opening goal in Friday’s FA Cup win over Everton at Old Trafford.

Antony struck in the fourth minute to put United on course for a 3-1 victory in the third round after missing Tuesday’s Premier League game against Bournemouth. The official reason was given as an injury, but the Brazil winger hinted that it may have been something more personal as he thanked the club, manager Erik ten Hag and his teammates for their support.

‘First of all, it's a feeling of joy,’ the 22-year-old told TNT Sports. ‘I'm happy to score again, especially at home. I've set some goals for me this season and it's good to score as soon as I've started to think of personal goals. But, of course, the most important is United's qualification to the next stage.

‘I also feel relieved as in the last days I had a shock, but I prefer not to comment on what happened. It was a personal matter, really hard, but I'm very grateful to God to put that behind me now, grateful to the club, to the players and to the manager. Everyone stayed by my side.

‘It was a really, really difficult moment for me days ago. But God has been always on my side and I'm grateful also to my family. I dedicate this goal to them, it's in moments like these that you know who really loves you.

Man United's Antony has revealed that he had to deal with a 'personal matter' this week. Antony returned to the Man United line-up to score against Everton on Friday. Antony has thanked Erik ten Hag for his support during his 'really difficult moment'

‘It's in the past now, I'm happy to score and I hope to keep going like this because this is a year of a lot of achievements and wins.

‘This is my mind-frame now. I'm 100 per cent focused on honouring the fans and the club. We all know the size of this club and we want to put United back to where it deserves.’

Having followed Ten Hag from Ajax to Old Trafford in the summer, Antony praised the Dutchman’s influence on his career having risen from poverty in Inferninho, a slum on the outskirts of Osasco.

‘I like Ten Hag a lot, I've got a lot of respect for him,’ he added. ‘He knows me, who I am and how hard I work. He knows I'm always giving 100 per cent even when things don't work out for me. He knows where I came from, my story, how I suffered growing up in a favela. It's very important to have his support.

‘I've set goals for me, and not only on the pitch. It also involves resting, eating well, everything. It's about being 100 per cent on and off the pitch, especially on the mental side as it's what controls the rest.

‘I really demand a lot from myself regardless what people say about me. I listen only to the helpful feedback. The Premier League is absolutely different for any other league: intensity, calendar, a lot of games – it’s a huge demand. So that's why I'm focused on being on the top of my mental and body health.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11609427/Man-United-winger-Antony-reveals-deal-really-difficult-moment-week.html
Old 09-01-2023, 08:58 AM   #33
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United's £82m star Antony 'crashed his £100,000 BMW on the M56 on New Year's Eve'... with Brazilian 'shook up' after an 'error of judgement' in tricky wet conditions

* Man United star Antony was reportedly involved in a motorway crash last week
* The incident occurred after their 1-0 win against Wolves on New Year's Eve
* The winger was omitted from their 3-0 win against Bournemouth on Tuesday
* Reports say he was 'shaken up' but thankfully 'no one was injured' in the crash

Manchester United forward Antony was left shaken up after he crashed his £100,000 BMW on a motorway on New Year's Eve after Man United's 1-0 win against Wolves, according to reports.

The Sun claim the 22-year-old crashed his BMW X6 into roadworks on the M56 near his home in Hale, Greater Manchester, while driving in 'wet' conditions.

Police were called to the scene where the £80m winger 'passed a breathalyser test' before his car was recovered, with the newspaper stating that 'no one else was involved in the incident.'

A source from The Sun said: 'It was dark and wet and he made an error of judgement.

'He was shook up but thankfully no one else was involved and he wasn't injured.'

Antony, who arrived at Old Trafford earlier this summer, was omitted from Man United's 3-0 win against Bournemouth on Tuesday, but came back into the fold on Friday, to score the opening goal in the Red Devils' 3-1 win against Everton.

Manchester United's Antony was reportedly involved in a motorway crash on New Year's Eve. He reportedly crashed his £100,000 BMW (above) - this picture was taken on a different date. The forward crashed his '£100,000' BMW X6 and was left 'shook up' by the incident

The forward was also, according to The Sun, seen driving a Lamborghini Aventador in the days leading up to the game against the Toffees.

Speaking after the match, the Brazilian, who has scored four times in 15 appearances in a red shirt, revealed he had to deal with a 'really difficult moment' and claimed he 'had a shock.'

He said: 'I'm very grateful to God to put that behind me now, grateful to the club, to the players and to the manager. Everyone stayed by my side.

'It was a really, really difficult moment for me days ago. But God has been always on my side and I'm grateful also to my family. I dedicate this goal to them, it's in moments like these that you know who really loves you.'

He was omitted from Eric ten Hag's squad to play against Bournemouth on Tuesday. However he returned to the team on Friday to score in United's 3-1 FA Cup win vs Everton. After the game he revealed he had 'had a shock' and had to deal with a 'really difficult moment'

The former Ajax forward, who struck in the fourth minute of that match with a sliding tap-in, also spoke of his elation of how happy he was to score for the Red Devils.

'First of all, it's a feeling of joy,' he told TNT Sports after the game. 'I'm happy to score again, especially at home.

'I've set some goals for me this season and it's good to score as soon as I've started to think of personal goals. But, of course, the most important is United's qualification to the next stage.

'This is my mind-frame now. I'm 100 per cent focused on honouring the fans and the club. We all know the size of this club and we want to put United back to where it deserves.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11612895/Manchester-United-star-Antony-crashed-100-000-BMW-motorway-New-Years-Eve.html
Old 24-01-2023, 08:38 AM   #34
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He's got work to do, growth to go through... £90m and you have to take him off': Gary Neville hits out at 'disappointing' Man United star Antony - and says they should have 'better quality' in attack

* Gary Neville criticised winger Antony following a disappointing performance
* Antony struggled to make an impact in Manchester United's defeat to Arsenal
* Neville says that the £90million signing still has 'growth to go through'

Gary Neville has revealed that he wants to see more from Antony after the Manchester United winger struggled to make much of an impact in the 3-2 defeat to Arsenal.

Antony, who signed from Ajax for £90million last summer, was replaced by Fred in the 71st minute at Emirates Stadium.

Neville stated that it was disappointing that Antony had to go off and added that United's attacking options cannot be compared to Arsenal's talents in that department such as Bukayo Saka and Gabriel Martinelli.

Speaking on The Gary Neville Podcast, Neville said: 'I wish they had better quality up front in the final third. Obviously Sancho's not out there and you would expect that Manchester United would have better options from the bench, but they haven't at this moment in time.'

'I want to see a little bit more from Antony, to be honest with you. £90million signing. I think that to have to take him off is a disappointment because you'd like to think that like Martinelli and Saka, who are also young players, that Rashford and Antony could have been the ones of the other side of it that could have counter-attacked for United.'

Neville added that Antony has 'some growth to go through' and suggested that the 22-year-old is still adapting to English football.

Gary Neville criticised Antony after the Manchester United winger struggled versus Arsenal. Neville stated that Antony has 'some growth to go through' in order to make a major impact. Rio Ferdinand also criticised Antony, saying that the winger 'just doesn't beat anyone'

'It's just not quite happening for him at this moment in time. He's got a bit of work to do. He's got obviously some growth to go through and obviously he's newer to England than the other two are, but they're little complaints at this moment in time.'

Another former United defender, Rio Ferdinand, was also critical of Antony's performance.

Ferdinand stated that Antony 'just doesn't beat anyone', which is in stark contrast to how he performed at Ajax.

Speaking on his FIVE show, Ferdinand said: ‘He just doesn’t beat anyone and I’m sitting there thinking, “Was that always the way?”'

‘I’ve seen clips of him when he was at Ajax and he was somebody who used to beat people.

‘I saw Thomas Partey, who I wouldn’t put down as a sprinter, absolutely burst past him, and I’m thinking, “Woah, he (Antony) hasn’t got much power in them legs!”

‘He’s a tricky winger, but with tricky wingers you want them to still be able to beat the defender.'

So far during his first season in England Antony has scored three goals in eleven Premier League appearances, with his last strike in the top flight coming against Everton in October.

Following their defeat against Arsenal, United are in fourth place, eleven points behind the Gunners, who have played a game less.

United took the lead on Sunday through an excellent strike from Marcus Rashford, with Eddie Nketiah then equalising for Arsenal.

Bukayo Saka put Arsenal ahead with Lisandro Martinez making it 2-2 prior to Nketiah's late winner.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11665967/Gary-Neville-hits-disappointing-Man-United-star-Antony-following-frustrating-performance.html
Old 25-01-2023, 12:28 AM   #35
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute

MU punya Antony nih sekarang, sebelumnya sudah punya Sancho.
Tapi keduanya belum kelihatan sebagai seorang bintang yang bisa menjadi pembeda di saat MU lagi buntu.
Semoga Antony dan juga Sancho bisa terus berkembang dan membawa United ke tangga Juara berbagai liga dan kejuaraan. Amin.
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2023, 08:38 AM   #36
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Darren Bent labels struggling £86m Antony a 'YouTube player' who's 'all tricks and flicks with no substance' after his latest poor performance for Manchester United... with Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand also critical of the Brazilian

* Antony struggled to make an impact against Arsenal and was substituted
* And Darren Bent is now the latest ex-player to criticise the United winger
* He said Monday the Brazilian's tricks on the ball are done 'for the sake of it'

Darren Bent has branded Manchester United winger Antony a 'YouTube player' after another underwhelming performance from the Brazilian in the defeat at Arsenal.

The left-footed attacker was taken off after 70 minutes by Erik ten Hag after struggling in the match at the Emirates.

While Antony actually completed three of his five dribble attempts in the match, he too often slowed down the United attack and his inability to beat his man was magnified by an electrifying performance from his right-sided counterpart Bukayo Saka.

Sunday's deflating 3-2 loss has placed further scrutiny on Antony's current form and Bent is the latest ex-player to criticise the United man.

'He's doing all this stuff but he's not going past anyone. It's not like he's doing a trick to manipulate the ball to go past someone, he's just doing it for the sake of it,' he said on talkSPORT Drive.

'All tricks and flicks, no substance at the minute.'

Antony has drawn the ire of ex-players after his performance vs. Arsenal over the weekend. Darren Bent said Monday that Antony is doing tricks on the ball 'for the sake of it'. Antony was largely ineffective vs. Arsenal as left- back Oleksandr Zinchenko contained him. Neville stated that Antony has 'some growth to go through' in order to make a major impact

When co-host Andy Goldstein put it to Bent that he was describing what some people may call a 'YouTube footballer,' the former Spurs and Sunderland striker didn't deny that label.

'A little bit yeah,' he said. 'You clip all the best bits of a footballer and you look at it on YouTube and go 'wow, I can't believe we're signing him!'

'But where's the substance in between, where's the end product? I know he started off alright at United, couple of good goals, but where's the end product?'

Bent's remarks come after former United legends Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand expressed their concern with the form of the £86m signing.

'I wish they had better quality in the final third, Sancho isn't out there and you would expect United to have better options off the bench but they haven't at this moment in time,' he said on his podcast.

'I want to see more from Antony, £90m signing and I think to take him off is a disappointment because you would like to think like Gabriel Martinelli and Bukayo Saka, who are also young players, that Marcus Rashford and Antony could've been the ones on the other side of it, counter-attacking for United.

'But it's just not happening for him at this moment in time and he has got a bit of work to do. He obviously he is newer to England than the other two.'

Ferdinand echoed his former teammate's sentiment, saying on his Vibe with Five YouTube channel: 'He just doesn't beat anyone and I'm sitting there thinking, 'Was that always the way?

'I've seen clips of him when he was at Ajax and he was somebody who used to beat people.'

While the winger will be afforded time to adjust to the league, the current numbers present a sobering reality.

The Brazilian is averaging 0.98 successful dribbles per 90 according to FBref - a respectable second on the team behind only Marcus Rashford - but he hasn't been efficient in his attempts to beat opposing defenders.

His 36 percent dribble success rate is 10th on the team of players with at least five total attempts, worse than Scott McTominay, Diogo Dalot and Casemiro. He also has zero assists.

With Alejandro Garnacho emerging and Jadon Sancho back in training, Antony risks losing his place if his form does not improve.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11670127/Darren-Bent-labels-Antony-YOUTUBE-player-latest-poor-performance-Manchester-United.html
Antony sejauh ini belum memberikan sumbangsih yg signifikan, mending mainin Garancho dah. ditambah Sancho yg sedikit lagi akan merumput, semoga bisa kembali ke performa terbaik dan Antony mending dibangku cadangkan saja
Old 26-01-2023, 08:12 AM   #37
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Erik ten Hag defends Man United's £86m winger Antony after Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand led a chorus of criticism after loss at Arsenal... but Dutch coach admits he 'must be more direct'

* Antony was criticised following an ineffective display in United's loss at Arsenal
* Rio Ferdinand said the £86m Brazil winger 'just doesn't beat anyone'
* But United manager Erik ten Hag insisted that Antony was making an impact

Erik ten Hag has defended Manchester United's £86million winger Antony amid a storm of criticism.

Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand were among the pundits asking whether the Brazilian is contributing enough after United's 3-2 defeat to Arsenal on Sunday.

Ten Hag was desperate to sign Antony from his former club Ajax over the summer, but he has yet to chip in with a single assist in United colours - although he has scored five times.

But the United boss sprung to the player's defence ahead of Wednesday night's Carabao Cup semi-final, first leg fixture with Nottingham Forest.

'When he's playing, the team is winning. That already gives a message of how well he is performing,' Ten Hag said.

Antony struggled to make an impact as Manchester United were beaten by Arsenal. Erik ten Hag took the winger off with 19 minutes to go, with United losing the match 3-2

'He can do better, I see space for improvement. For instance, and I think also you know this, we want him to be more direct and be more involved.

'But, as I said, the team is performing better if he is on the pitch.

'That's a good thing, that's a good base to build further. I think he has already made an improvement.

'In his first three [Premier League] games, he scored three goals. Now he was scoring against Everton [in the FA Cup], he was scoring against Charlton [in the Carabao Cup], so also that fact, he has an impact.

'But I think with his capabilities, with his talents, he can do even more. But as I said, I think he has made a [good] contribution in the team.'

Neville said he wanted to see more from Antony after he was replaced by Fred in the 71st minute at the Emirates Stadium as United were beaten by league leaders Arsenal.

Speaking on The Gary Neville Podcast, Neville said: 'I wish they had better quality up front in the final third. Obviously Sancho's not out there and you would expect that Manchester United would have better options from the bench, but they haven't at this moment in time.'

'I want to see a little bit more from Antony, to be honest with you. £90million signing.

'I think that to have to take him off is a disappointment because you'd like to think that like Martinelli and Saka, who are also young players, that Rashford and Antony could have been the ones of the other side of it that could have counter-attacked for United.'

Antony (L) is dividing opinions amongst Manchester United fans with many labelling him a flop. Antony has been a regular starter under manager Erik ten Hag despite struggling in matches

Neville added that Antony has 'some growth to go through' and suggested that the 22-year-old is still adapting to English football.

'It's just not quite happening for him at this moment in time. He's got a bit of work to do. He's got obviously some growth to go through and obviously he's newer to England than the other two are, but they're little complaints at this moment in time.'

Another former United defender, Rio Ferdinand, was also critical of Antony's performance.

Ferdinand stated that Antony 'just doesn't beat anyone', which is in stark contrast to how he performed at Ajax.

Speaking on his FIVE show, Ferdinand said: 'He just doesn't beat anyone and I'm sitting there thinking, "Was that always the way?''

'I've seen clips of him when he was at Ajax and he was somebody who used to beat people.

'I saw Thomas Partey, who I wouldn't put down as a sprinter, absolutely burst past him, and I'm thinking, "Woah, he (Antony) hasn't got much power in them legs!"

'He's a tricky winger, but with tricky wingers you want them to still be able to beat the defender.'

The 22-year-old has scored three Premier League goals since his £86m move to Old Trafford. Antony (L) scored on his Premier League debut during United's win over Arsenal in September

Ten Hag also addressed an incident during United's 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace last week when Antony appeared to call team-mate Bruno Fernandes a 'b***h' in Portuguese as they argued over a misplaced pass.

'I think that can happen. They are both players who play with the heart and, when they bring that in the game, they are on their best so it’s always a kind of balance,' Ten Hag said.

'And always between players, sometimes emotions flare up but I think, in the second moment, they are already good with each other so that is not a problem.

'I think definitely the players are not frustrated with him.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11674341/Man-United-boss-Erik-ten-Hag-defends-Antony-Gary-Neville-Rio-Ferdinand-criticism.html
Old 26-01-2023, 08:32 AM   #38
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville believes Manchester United star Antony is too 'predictable' and needs to be more like Man City winger Riyad Mahrez... as he insists the Brazilian has to mix up his game and not always go on his left foot

* Antony has a mixed start to life at Manchester United since his £85m move
* Gary Neville feels the Brazilian is helping opposition by being too predictable

Gary Neville believes Manchester United winger Antony needs to mix up his game more as he is too 'predictable'.

The 22-year-old has been a regular in the starting XI for the Red Devils since making his staggering £85million move from Ajax.

Antony though has largely underwhelmed for United, especially in comparison to the other flank, where Marcus Rashford has been scoring goals for fun since the World Cup break.

Neville gave his assessment of Antony, while watching him play against Nottingham Forest in the first leg of the Carabao Cup semi-final.

He said: 'I've been thinking a lot about Antony in the last few days. He needs to develop that (Riyad) Mahrez side of things to be able to go both ways.

'At the moment he's still a little bit predictable in trying to always force it onto his left foot.'

Antony has scored seven goals and registered two assists in 22 appearances across all competitions this season.

Gary Neville feels Antony is benefitting opposition defenders by being too 'predictable'. The Manchester United legend feels Antony needs to mix up his game more to succeed. Neville said Antony needs to develop Riyad Mahrez's trait of being able to go on both feet. Antony has scored seven goals in all competitions since completing his £85m move

By comparison, Rashford's brilliant solo goal against Forest was his 18th in all competitions - also bagging six assists in his 28 appearances.

Former Tottenham defender Michael Dawson believes Antony needs to look at Rashford to realise the levels he needs to reach.

He told Sky Sports: 'You can look at Marcus Rashford, how he's come back from where he was at the start of the season. I think he's been absolutely magnificent.

'And I think Antony needs to look at it and go, "I need to get to these levels of where Marcus is".

'He needs to up his game for Man United. But give him time, it's early in his United career.'

When asked what Antony needs to learn, Dawson added: 'He's come as an attacker but, what he's got to learn is that, when you're playing for a good club that wants to win prizes, out of possession I think he has to work harder and help his team-mates out a bit more.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11676959/Gary-Neville-believes-Manchester-United-star-Antony-predictable.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 4
Andi Istiabudi, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku