United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 20-08-2021, 10:19 PM   #841
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rio Gavin Ferdinand

Rio Ferdinand reveals he wanted to join ARSENAL after leaving Manchester United in 2014 but was rejected by Gunners boss Arsene Wenger... and even HE admits it was the right call from the Frenchman!

* Rio Ferdinand reveals he wanted to join Arsenal after leaving Manchester United
* The idea was rejected by then-Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger in 2014
* Ferdinand believed he could've 'helped the dressing room' at United's rivals
* Instead of moving to the Gunners, Ferdinand ended up at Queens Park Rangers
* The ex-defender admits it was the right call following a drop off in performances

Rio Ferdinand has revealed that he wanted to join Arsenal after leaving Manchester United in 2014 – but was rejected by Arsene Wenger.

The United icon was in search of a new club after his deal at Old Trafford expired and he believed he could 'help the dressing room' at Arsenal after years of under-achievement.

However, Ferdinand was knocked back by the Gunners' legendary boss, which the former England defender claims was the 'right call' after he went on to struggle at his next club, Queens Park Rangers.

The 42-year-old left United after 12 years at the club, winning six Premier League titles and a Champions League, but reveals he was seriously considering a move to one of the club's fiercest rivals.

'The maddest thing is I thought about [joining] Arsenal,' Ferdinand said YouTube channel Rio Ferdinand Presents FIVE.

'I said, "Arsene, listen, I am leaving Man United and if you want, I will come and try and help the dressing room etc. because I think you need help in that department. I will obviously play but, more importantly, I will come for the culture".

Rio Ferdinand wanted to join Arsenal in 2014 but was rejected by Arsene Wenger. Ferdinand (No 5) believed he could 'help the dressing room' at Arsenal if he made the move

'He didn't take me up on the offer and he was right because my performances at QPR weren't up to the levels.

'But in the changing room, I believe I could have helped him, because that is where a lot of the culture derives from.'

Ferdinand also believes Arsenal's £50million summer signing Ben White needs a new partner in defence after his debut ended in defeat with the Gunners comfortably beaten 2-0 by Brentford last Friday.

He said: 'The issue I have with Arsenal is you can't buy players for a year down the line.

Instead of moving to the Gunners, Ferdinand ended up at Queens Park Rangers. Ferdinand admits it was the 'right call' by Wenger after he struggled at Loftus Road

'Ben White is good now but what you need is someone to come in and grab the players in the training ground.

'I feel that at this stage of his career, Ben White needs a partner to bring him a lot, like a Harry Maguire, Raphael Varane or Thiago Silva.

'Arsenal have needed a centre-back to come in and defend. If I'm him I'm thinking, "I need some help, I'm getting exposed".'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9907553/Rio-Ferdinand-reveals-wanted-join-Arsenal-2014-REJECTED-Arsene-Wenger.html
Old 09-11-2021, 08:34 AM   #842
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Rio Ferdinand calls for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to LEAVE Manchester United: Old Trafford legend says it's time for his former team-mate to 'hand over the baton' after dismal City defeat... and claims he'd 'leave now with his head held high'

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is under-pressure after a poor start to the league season
* Manchester United have lost four of their last six Premier League matches
* Solskjaer joined United in December 2018 and is still yet to win the side a trophy
* Rio Ferdinand doubts whether his former team-mate can win United trophies
* He believes Solskjaer should leave the club now with his 'head held high'

Rio Ferdinand believes that now would be the right time for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to 'hand over the baton' and leave Manchester United.

The Norwegian is under huge pressure following a poor run of form in which they've lost four out of their last six games - including a 5-0 thumping by Liverpool and 2-0 defeat to Manchester City - which were both at Old Trafford.

Solskjaer has been unable to deliver a single trophy to the club since he became permanent manager in March 2019 and his side are already nine points off league leaders Chelsea after just 11 games this season.

Ferdinand, a former team-mate of Solskjaer's, has been a huge fan of the Norwegian since he first became manager as caretaker boss in late 2018, but now doubts whether he can deliver silverware to Old Trafford for the first time since the 2016-17 Europa League.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is at risk of losing his job after a poor start to the league season. Rio Ferdinand (L) believes now might be the time for his former team-mate (R) to 'hand over the baton'

With speculation continuing to mount over whether the club will part ways with Solskjaer, Ferdinand has admitted that now might be the time for him to leave United.

He said on his Five with Vibe podcast: 'We started this season with such hope but also the transfer window that we had, the excitement, we were all sitting there going 'this is our time now'.

'Ole was brought in to get us to that point. He was brought in to get the squad in-tact, get the players in to make us challenge for the league.

Ferdinand (right) says Solskjaer could leave Manchester United now with his 'head held high'

'I sit here now and I don't think we can challenge for this league. I look at our team every week wondering what are we gonna do tactically?

'I don't see any philosophy or identity in the Man United way of playing whatever that should be from the management. I sit here looking confused at the team.

'I was always deep down a bit sceptical, could he take us on to be champions? I wasn't fully convinced – I wasn't sure he could do that.

'But the showing with the squad that he accumulated, to the beginning of this season – and what I've seen this season – I just feel it might be about the time now for the baton to be handed over to somebody else who can take us on now.

'And I think Ole would leave now with his head held high because because from when he came in to where he got us at the beginning of the season I think it's been positive.'

Ferdinand said one of the big problems for United is that the current batch of players don't 'fear' Solskjaer.

The ex-United and England defender believes every great manager has an 'element in fear' about them.

He said: 'I've always said that the trajectory has been slow – not a big spike when you think wow, he's changed it like Tuchel's done at Chelsea, but where he's taken it over his tenure since he's been here, it's a gradual increase to the beginning of this season.

'I look at little details, it's not just the team aren't where they should be in the league and we're not challenging etc, they're valid points.

'But when I watch our team and sit there and feel the players aren't in fear – the intensity's not right, players aren't sprinting out and hurting themselves sometimes in games – I see that as a disrespect to the manager and almost like 'I don't fear (him)'.

'Every great manager who has been successful or won things in this game, they have an element in fear. Pep now, Klopp now, Tuchel now, Fergie in my time, George Graham at Arsenal, Arsene Wenger – there's an element of ''if you don't do what I say, you don't follow the rules, you don't follow the fundamentals that make us successful – you are getting back here and sitting in front of me or behind me on the bench and watching'' – I don't see that fear in this squad. That can't be right. It ain't right.

'I've said it before. Do you think David Beckham, a superstar, Ryan Giggs - biggest collection of medals ever to his last day under Sir Alex Ferguson – could ever jog back with no intensity – or don't push out and not close people down.

'That could never have happened because they knew come half-time the manager – I don't care how experienced you are – would be in your face.

'You'd have phlegm all over your face he'd be that close because he'd be telling you in no uncertain terms ''if you're not doing what I'm telling you to do – I'll give you five more minutes and you're coming off'' and you'd be sitting there thinking ''oh my God'' - fearful that would happen to you, the embarrassment, the pride, the ego.

'I still think where we're in a place where I think if Ole, if he went now, he walks away with his head held high. Will he get a job somewhere else? I think he will. Frank Lampard after what he's done at Chelsea – he's been in the frame for a lot of jobs.

'You can say 'he's you're mate you can't speak about him and say his time's up now – but you have to be honest with what you see because if it was someone else I would say it.

There were calls for Solskjaer to be sacked after United were humiliated 5-0 by Liverpool. United were comfortably beaten by rivals Manchester City at Old Trafford on Saturday. Manchester United sit sixth in the league but nine points off leaders Chelsea after 11 games

'I don't get this 'you can't say this about a manager' because people are quick to say it about a player – oh he's time's up at a club, get rid of him, he should never wear the shirt again – but you can't say it about a manager – what's the difference?'

There had been calls for Solskjaer to be sacked after United's 5-0 defeat to Liverpool, the club opted to stick with the Norwegian.

United were comfortably beaten 2-0 by Man City at the weekend, showing that they look to still be some way away from competing for the major trophies this season.

This comes despite making marquee signings including Jadon Sancho, Raphael Varane and Cristiano Ronaldo this past summer - after finishing second in the league last season.

Ferdinand says Solskjaer has 'done' what he's been brought in to do but is not sure he can make the next step to them challenging for the major competitions.

He said: 'He's done actually what he's been brought in to do. He's come in and give the fans hope again, made the fans want to come back and watch your team again.

'He's done that - he's done a great job in that sense but is he going to take us to win titles? Is he going to make us challenge to win a Champions League? Sitting here I have to be honest with myself and say I think no.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10178845/Rio-Ferdinand-says-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-hand-baton-leave-Manchester-United.html
Old 26-01-2022, 08:41 AM   #843
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Until a system is put in place, I don't care who we sign': Rio Ferdinand urges Manchester United to establish a 'clear identity' rather than chase huge transfers to paper over the cracks

* Manchester United need more than just individual quality, says Rio Ferdinand
* He believes the problems at the club will persist without a clear identity
* 'It's about the way the team is built, and the tactics implemented', he said

Rio Ferdinand has warned that star signings such as Declan Rice would not necessarily take Manchester United to the next level.

The former centre-back believes the deep-rooted issues at the club must be addressed rather than papering over the cracks with expensive deals.

Rice, valued by West Ham at £100million is one such player of interest to United but Ferdinand told the Vibe With Five podcast: 'I don't think it matters what individuals Man United bring in.

'It's been proven over a long period of time now that you can bring in your superstars and think this is a saving grace etc.

Rio Ferdinand thinks Manchester United need to establish a clear identity. Declan Rice is one of the players to have been linked with United in recent weeks. United have relied on individuals like Bruno Fernandes for too long, says Ferdinand

'It's about the way the team is built, and the way the tactics are implemented. I think you need a style of football, you need tactics put in place, and an identity put in place, which we've been calling for for ages, that the players can all identify with, and then you go forward with it.

'Until that point, it's just playing off the cuff, you're just thinking 'oh he's going to win you a game'.

'Bruno's done it for the last couple of years, when Bruno shows up and produces a moment it's "oh we've won the game".

'That's not down to tactics, it wasn't down to structure, it wasn't down to an identity or philosophy, it was down to individual brilliance.

'The best teams on the planet don't win things through individuals. They win it because the team plays the best, but they might have an individual within that able to produce the magic here or there.

'Until that system is put in place, I don't care who we sign.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10439609/Rio-Ferdinand-urges-Manchester-United-form-clear-identity-chase-big-money-deal.html
Old 09-03-2022, 08:38 AM   #844
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Rio Ferdinand reveals Manchester United players' agents are asking him to STOP criticising flops for underperforming this season... but Old Trafford legend insists he is not prepared to 'say sorry for stating facts'

* Manchester United are enduring a miserable season in the Premier League
* They had another afternoon to forget away at Manchester City on Sunday
* Rio Ferdinand slammed the side after they slumped to a 4-1 defeat against City
* And the United legend says a number of players' agents aren't happy with him
* Ferdinand claims several of them have asked him to tone down his criticism

Rio Ferdinand has revealed a number of Manchester United players' agents have been asking him to tone down his criticism of their clients' poor form.

Ferdinand, who made 455 appearances in his 12-year United career, has not been afraid to take aim at his former club when they have underperformed this season.

On Sunday he was one of several ex-players who blasted their below-par display against Manchester City, which resulted in a heavy 4-1 loss at the home of their neighbours.

Aside from goalkeeper David de Gea, Ferdinand insisted every United player on the pitch let themselves down as they slumped to defeat at the Etihad, which has dented their chances of securing a top-four Premier League finish.

Rio Ferdinand says Man Utd players' agents want him to tone down his criticism of their clients

And when discussing his old side's woes on the Vibe with Five podcast, the former England defender opened up on calls he has been receiving from United players' agents.

He said: ‘I really, really hope these players are walking in the next day and are going, "I’m embarrassed, my pride and ego has taken a battering and I’m really embarrassed about it, I’ve got to make this right, you get me on that training field and give me every task you want to get this right".

Ferdinand was one of many ex-players who slammed United stars after their defeat at Man City. Ferdinand named David de Gea as the only player who could hold his head high after the game

‘I hope that’s the attitude, I hope that’s what’s in there, I don’t know if it is.

‘I bet there’s a lot of finger pointing. I bet you any money there’s a lot of, "he’s done this, he’s ain’t this, he ain’t that".

‘The amount of phone calls I get from agents, "oh, can you not say this, why are you criticising so and so", do me a favour.

'If I was being vindictive and personal and saying bad things personally about these people I’d get it, I’d take the call and say sorry.

'But I ain’t saying sorry for stating facts. I ain’t saying sorry for tactically looking at the way people are playing and highlighting situations where you think you could do better there.

‘You [the player] should be saying, "you know what, I know that, I understand, I know, you ain’t got to tell me, I will do better". It’s not, "oh, you’re digging me out in public".

‘You should be your biggest critic, you shouldn’t be thinking about what I’m saying, this is my job, I’m paid to do this. Go on the training field and work, don’t worry about me, I’m going to be sitting here talking, my career’s done.

‘When I’m highlighting the positives no one’s calling then, no one’s going, "thanks for that, you’ve done us a favour". You don’t get that so don’t call me when I’m talking negatively about your player, I’m talking from a tactical standpoint.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10591117/Man-Utd-Rio-Ferdinand-reveals-agents-asking-stop-criticising-clients-poor-form.html
Old 12-04-2022, 09:52 AM   #845
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'A security guard was having to hold him back from trying to get into the changing room!': Rio Ferdinand recalls Sir Alex Ferguson's red mist after being hit by PIZZA following infamous Arsenal clash... but says Cesc Fabregas WASN'T aiming for him

* Rio Ferdinand says Cesc Fabregas accidentally hit Sir Alex Ferguson with pizza
* A melee ensued after Arsenal were controversially beaten by Manchester United
* The former England man also said Liverpool-Manchester City is not a rivalry

Between 1998 and 2004 Manchester United and Arsenal locked horns in some of the Premier League's most memorable battles.

In that time Manchester United won five league crowns while Arsene Wenger's Arsenal claimed three.

One of the most notable of those occasions became known as 'Pizzagate', famous in equal measure for Manchester United ending Arsenal's 49-game unbeaten streak in the league with a 2-0 victory at Old Trafford in October 2004 and the pizza-throwing incident that ensued.

It became known that an Arsenal player, later to be identified as a young Cesc Fabregas, launched a slice of pizza at Sir Alex Ferguson in a melee following the controversial afternoon in Manchester.

One of the players present, Rio Ferdinand, has now suggested that Fabregas did not intend to hit Ferguson with the pizza while also suggesting Manchester City-Liverpool is not a rivalry as it lacks the needle required.

Speaking on his own Vibe with Five podcast, Ferdinand said: 'I don’t think he (Fabregas) meant to throw it at the gaffer, I think he just dashed it out the door and the gaffer was walking past.

Rio Ferdinand said Cesc Fabregas accidentally hit Sir Alex Ferguson with pizza in 'pizzagate'. Sir Alex Ferguson raises a fist to the Stretford End after watching his side end Arsenal's 49-game unbeaten streak at Old Trafford. Arsenal players were left fuming by what they perceived to have been a hatchet job by the Manchester United players

Mike Riley (pictured) was accused by Arsenal players of favouring those of Manchester United. The melee ensued after Arsenal felt Manchester United had been favoured by Mike Riley. The former England defender said a rivalry was as synonymous with the off-the-pitch antics as it was with the on-field action

'It did hit him, the lasting memory for me was a security guard was having to hold him back from trying to get into the changing room.

'That’s what I remember. You know what he’s like, if his head went that was it.'

Ferdinand is then prompted to declare Liverpool and Manchester City 'not a rivalry' when the discussion compares it to the fixtures of old between Manchester United and Arsenal.

Stephen Howson, Ferdinand's co-host, says: 'This weekend we've seen an absolute love-fest between Liverpool and City all cuddling after the game and this, that and the other. Do not tell me this is a rivalry.'

'It's not a rivalry,' Ferdinand then says.

'The rivalry is not just about the game,' he adds. 'It's everything that goes alongside it.

'The pantomime that goes into it, the mind games and the managers going back-and-forth...when Gary Neville got punched up, things like that.'

Meanwhile, Ferdinand went on to discuss Manchester United's problems and was asked when they can realistically next expect to win the league.

He said: 'I think Manchester United just need to wait until [Jurgen] Klopp and Pep [Guardiola] go but by that time, when they go, have in place the foundations to strike.

'We just need everything in place for when they go, not before.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10709287/I-dont-meant-throw-gaffer-Rio-Ferdinand-talks-pizzagate.html
Old 12-04-2022, 09:55 AM   #846
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Rio Ferdinand claims Bruno Fernandes is the ONLY United signing to have improved at the club over the last 10 years and insists Red Devils 'must get the culture right' to restore them to their former glories

* Rio Ferdinand is less than impressed with Man United's recruitment system
* He says United must 'get the culture at the football club' to succeed on the pitch
* Ferdinand says that only one player has improved at the club in the last decade
* He claims Bruno Fernandes is the only signing to have developed at Old Trafford

Rio Ferdinand has slammed Manchester United's recruitment system and criticised the club's ability to develop players.

Ferdinand says the Premier League giants must 'get the culture at the football club right' to be in with a chance of succeeding on the pitch in years to come.

As it stands, Manchester United are currently sitting seventh in the table and look increasingly unlikely to secure a Champions League spot for next season after their defeat against Everton at the weekend.

Ferdinand says Manchester United's disappointment on the pitch has stemmed from their recruitment off it.

He has also claimed only one signing - Bruno Fernandes - in the past decade has actually improved during their time at Old Trafford.

Speaking on his FIVE YouTube channel, Ferdinand said: 'I just feel that, when you look at it, Man United – you can talk about training grounds and all that stuff – but please, you’ve got to get the football stuff right.

'You’ve got to get the culture at the football club right, you’ve got to get the players that you recruit right.

Rio Ferdinand says Man United must get the culture at the club right to fix things on the pitch. Manchester United suffered a devastating defeat against Everton and currently sit seventh in the Premier League table . Ferdinand says Bruno Fernandes is the only player in the last decade to develop at United

'And if you look at the players that have been coming to this football club for the last eight or 10 years, if you were going to do a list of all of them on paper, how many of these players have come to this football club and actually grown in value or got better?'.

When asked whether Fernandes was the only player to have developed at Manchester United, Ferdinand said: ‘I would 100 per cent agree with that.

‘I don’t know any others that have come and you actually go, “Oh he’s actually miles better! We’ll get more money for him now!” There’s none.

‘And that goes down to coaching, that goes down to recruitment, and so those areas need to be improved drastically for us to be able to improve.

‘Because you could go in and buy three or four players this window, but if we’re going to continue in the same vein as what was before, those players that you bring in are going to be declining rather than getting better and improving your team – so that needs to be changed.’

Manchester United are looking to hire Erik ten Hag as their full-time manager as they believe he has what it takes to turn the club around after a disappointing string of results.

United's most recent loss against Everton came as a blow to the Red Devils' pursuit of Champions League football.

Speaking about United's 1-0 loss to the Toffees at Goodison Park, Ferdinand said: ‘In terms of chances, they don’t look like creating chances, they don’t look like they’re getting anywhere near creating any good chances.

‘And the problem is as well, they put the ball in the box and Cristiano Ronaldo is on his own half the time, by himself – for a centre-back [it’s easy].’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10709343/Rio-Ferdinand-claims-Bruno-Fernandes-United-signing-improved-club.html
Old 03-08-2022, 09:53 AM   #847
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Rio Ferdinand warns Manchester United they must sort out the future of wantaway star Cristiano Ronaldo quickly to avoid a 'hangover' heading into the new season under Erik ten Hag

* The player wishes to depart the club this summer for Champions League football
* Manchester United wish to hold onto the player going into the new season
* Rio Ferdinand, who advocated his return, says his future must be sorted out

Rio Ferdinand has urged Manchester United to sort out the future of Cristiano Ronaldo ahead of the new campaign.

Ronaldo, 37, wishes to depart the club this summer after they failed to qualify for the Champions League last term. The club remain adamant that he will remain beyond this summer.

Speaking to The Mirror, Ferdinand, a former teammate of the Portuguese, said that his future must be sorted out one way or another, so as to avoid a 'hangover' for the club heading into the new season.

He said: 'As players, you just want the situation ironed out and sorted out immediately. You don't want it lingering on and dragging on, I think Harry Kane had that with Spurs last year.'

He added: 'But I think the reasons are different. Cristiano, there's been issues behind-the-scenes with his family and health and stuff like that. You have to take that into consideration.

'But if the reports are true - that he's looking to move and what not - then you kind of want the club to nail that down so there isn't a hangover going into the season.

Rio Ferdinand has urged Manchester United to sort out the future of star Cristiano Ronaldo. Ronaldo wishes to depart the club this summer in search of Champions League football. Ferdinand used the example of Harry Kane last season to illustrate what sort of effect it could have. Harry Kane only scored four league goals by the turn of the year after failing to join Man City

Ferdinand's comparison to the Kane situation will worry United fans, with the England captain struggling for much of the first half of last campaign having angled for a move to Manchester City for the entirety of the summer.

Kane had only scored four league goals by the turn of the year.

Meanwhile, Ferdinand went on to add that he didn't look too closely at pre-season results instead choosing to pay attention to the 'noises' emerging from the training ground.

He said: 'I don't really look at results in pre-season. I've played far too many games in pre-season and lost and it had no reflection on the coming season.

'I think it's more about the noises I'm hearing out of the training ground from the players, listening to individuals talk really positively - there seems to be a bit of a spring in their step now.'

United begin their era under Ten Hag at home to Brighton on Sunday, August 7 before an away trip to Brentford.

On August 22, they have a massive clash against rivals Liverpool, before they close out the month by travelling to Southampton.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11072623/Rio-Ferdinand-urges-Manchester-United-sort-future-Cristiano-Ronaldo.html
Old 10-10-2022, 11:04 AM   #848
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Rio Ferdinand insists Cristiano Ronaldo has put his doubters 'in their place' after coming off the bench to score his record-breaking 700th goal against Everton during Man United's clash at Goodison Park

* Rio Ferdinand praised Cristiano Ronaldo for scoring his 700th goal on Sunday
* The Portuguese striker came off the bench to fire Man United ahead at Everton
* He latched onto Casemiro's ball to give Manchester United a 2-1 half-time lead
* Ferdinand said Ronaldo is 'proving' himself after a difficult start to the season

Rio Ferdinand has praised Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo for coming off the bench to score his 700th goal against Everton on Sunday evening.

Ronaldo started United's fixture against Everton from the bench but made his mark after being introduced in the 29th minute - scoring just 15 minutes later.

As a result, Ferdinand heaped praised on the 37-year-old - who became first player in footballing history to register that many career goals.

Speaking after the game, Ferdinand said: 'It was from the worst to the best with Casemiro. This is Cristiano Ronaldo.

'700 goals. That’s more than I had appearances. He would have been hurting on the bench and that is the answer, he is going out there with something to prove and he is doing it.'

Ronaldo replaced the injured Anthony Martial just 29 minutes in before making his mark a minute before the break.

Rio Ferdinand has praised Cristiano Ronaldo for his recording-breaking performance. Ronaldo scored the 700th goal of his career during Manchester United's clash with Everton. Ronaldo slotted the ball into the bottom corner to give United a half-time lead over Everton

The 37-year-old's record-breaking goal came after Casemiro, who was at fault for the opening goal for Everton, slotted him in.

Ronaldo then held off pressure from Conor Coady before slotting in a sweet strike into Jordan Pickford's bottom corner at the near post.

'We mentioned moving forward and Ronaldo, class always comes through,' Ferdinand added. 'He would have been disappointed but 700 goals man, to be the decisive one today, if anyone was doubting him he’s put them in their place and the WhatsApp group will be talking.'

Joe Cole said: 'Course he’s not the problem. He’s a professional, he’s handled it excellently. When he comes off the bench he’s doing what Ronaldo does.

'This group of players have their integrity questioned but the last 5 mins shows a lot of character to defend like they did and it’s a massive win for United.'

Ronaldo's goal was also perfect timing for his side who had responded well after falling behind to an Alex Iwobi strike after five minutes, with Antony equalising soon after.

Ronaldo's 700 goals have equated from his time at Sporting Lisbon, Manchester United (twice), Real Madrid and Juventus.

He scored five goals in 31 appearances for Sporting, 450 in 438 matches for Real and 101 in 134 games for Juventus.

In his first spell for United he netted 118 times in 298 fixtures for the club and in his current second stint has 26 in 48 matches.

Meanwhile, on the international stage, Ronaldo has scored a world record 117 goals in 191 international games since making his Portugal debut in 2003.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11297189/Rio-Ferdinand-says-Cristiano-Ronaldo-used-hurt-benched-prove-himself.html
Old 11-10-2022, 09:40 AM   #849
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Take that argument out of your mouth, Jamie Carragher!': Rio Ferdinand orders rival pundit to STOP mentioning Ronaldo's pressing, insisting Man United 'look no better' when he's not on the pitch and that 'you can't be the problem when you score 25 goals'

* Rio Ferdinand has again criticised Jamie Carragher for recent comments
* Carragher has denounced Cristiano Ronaldo's ability to press out of possession
* The 37-year-old recently netted his 700th club career goal to Ferdinand's delight
* Ferdinand said United are no better at pressing when Ronaldo is off the field
* He added that the forward 'can't be the problem' because of his volume of goals

Rio Ferdinand has told Jamie Carragher to stop talking about Cristiano Ronaldo's pressing game after the forward scored his 700th club goal on Sunday.

Ferdinand and Carragher have been at a war of words during the last week over a difference of opinion on the Manchester United forward, with Carragher accusing Ferdinand of sticking up for his friend.

Speaking on his show FIVE, however, Ferdinand praised the 37-year-old once again before ordering Carragher to 'take that argument out of your mouth' in regards to Ronaldo's ability to press off the ball.

'People say he doesn’t press,' began Ferdinand.

'If he doesn’t press, I will take that argument on the chin and say you are right if other people came in and they looked completely different with the way they press.

'This team looks no better or worse when Ronaldo is playing or not when they’re pressing to retrieve the ball, there is no difference.

'Take that argument out of your mouth, all these people that keep talking about it, Jamie Carragher, you’re another one, I don’t want to hear it.’

Rio Ferdinand has told Jamie Carragher to stop talking about Cristiano Ronaldo's pressing. Carragher has criticised Ronaldo's defensive work when his side are out of possession. Ferdinand insisted United are no better at pressing when Ronaldo isn't in the team. Sky pundit Carragher had previously accused Ferdinand of simply sticking up for his friend

Ronaldo's first half strike against Everton marked his first league goal of the season, with the forward having to settle for appearances from the bench after trying to push through a move away from United in the summer.

Ferdinand has been a regular advocate for the Portugal star to play more minutes, and told doubters that he 'can't be the problem' in the Red Devils' poor run because of the volume of goals he scores.

'I went nuts when that goal went in because I see too many people disrespecting Cristiano Ronaldo and saying he’s the problem,' he said. 'You can’t be the problem in a team when you are the one scoring 24 to 26 goals last season.

‘I saw a stat the other day. With Haaland, as good as he is doing and we are all going crazy about him and rightly so, for the next 15 years or 16 seasons he’s got to score 43 plus goals per season to get to that number, that just puts in into perspective.

'That’s just where we are with him, this guy’s doing mad stuff. Messi is going to hit that target, and these two are doing stuff we’ve never seen.

'We all have favourites, some will say R9, some will say Diego Maradona, some will say Cruyff, Ronaldinho, Zidane, and rightly so, they had their moments, but these guys had a career at that level. It is a long time.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11300323/Rio-Ferdinand-orders-Jamie-Carragher-stop-mentioning-Cristiano-Ronaldos-pressing.html
Old 08-11-2022, 05:01 AM   #850
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Happy 44th Birthday, Rio !!!

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 197
-Ybb3F-, Aba_MaczUnited, adaastopa5922, adefebsa, adhe united macz, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andrydjemb4, anenk_garcia, Ardiey11, arief rachman, arymashuda, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, atticus.finch, ayahocta, Ayunda, azisfirdaus, Azrul Red United, bangkeek, bang_zak, beckz_on7, bhowz, biggestnumber_two, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, bucay deathbat, Bulma, caliski_heinz, CeCe, chicharito07, christof_ww, cynta, dayat_5, Deddy Hernandez, dee_vee7, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, dhodoadrian, Dony17, dudut, ecly_watchaa, Efri Loebay, eyeofday, fadilbedil, Fajar_, fajar_lazuardi, fajrinited, farhaanongehhMUFC, fatzz07, fatzzjoe, Febribule, febza, ferly_Liemz, ferrizt, fey777, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frengkysme182, frmnsyh_KEANO, GeaErang, ghopoereds, goodfron, goodmin, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, havidic, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, hevny9, HMzqLWaylr, HRHMU86, hzent, iamsetia, ib17u mancunian, id4y, Imron Setyo C, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, itohirobumi, ivanzferdinand, Izza N Khalifa, J. A. Adji, jeffry, jifortin, jojo poenya, juju, Juni HW, kevinchoc, kingherooney, King_Cantona, kurosagi86, Lang25, Legolash, Lucky_Cantona007, Mahesa_Jenar, malle, marsel david, marviel, MCR7, MichaelMU, mochies5, moehfar, mousetrap, MUFC1878, my1878, mygalzbiatch, Nachir_79, Naen ERROR, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ollacarla, Om Juna, om tato, Oom Panda, OSziXXoztn, paiman, Peace_Devils, penk22_, prahmono, Pure_red, pweechevalier, randiex, Rean, redianayuherda, Redsbusby, red_devilz, red_girl_mia, revald, Revin Agantu, rich87, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rizana, rizluq, Robiescream, Robin van Persik, ronald hars, ronysnaja, RyanRezha, sepatu_ancur, serdadu merah, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, Syarifeghy, theater of dream, TomEnrico, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, VaDLi, vankyoet, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, vdgquintana, Victory, wahyou91, wazzapoetra, whoami, Wibiebintang, william metta, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, Yayat Dg Kulle, zeavhere, Zee de Wazza, zizitchy, zudomiriku, [skywalker]