United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 10-08-2016, 09:25 AM   #551
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gary Neville

Gary Neville secures £300,000 pay rise as he returns to Sky despite torrid time with Valencia and England

* Gary Neville has returned to Sky as a pundit and will earn £1.5m a year
* Neville's contract means he will not be able to work for another network
* There have many empty seats at Rio Olympics, especially at the archery

Gary Neville has secured a £300,000 pay rise on his return to Sky despite the damage done to his credibility as a pundit by his nightmare season with Valencia and England.

Neville is understood to be earning £1.5million a year for making a minimum of 40 appearances across Sky’s Premier League programming, as well as doing extra duties for the network.

This compares with the £1.2m Neville earned at Sky last time around when he was widely acclaimed as one of the best pundits in the business before he left for his ill-fated foray into management.

Gary Neville has been given a £300,000 pay rise on his return to Sky as a football pundit

While other Sky football analysts are paid per appearance, Neville has won a hike in pay despite having to prove himself again as a TV football expert following his poor record in Spain and his role as an assistant coach in England’s woeful showing at Euro 2016.

The new agreement does not allow him to work for other networks like Thierry Henry, Sky’s highest-paid pundit.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3732161/Gary-Neville-secures-300-000-pay-rise-returns-Sky-despite-torrid-time-Valencia-England.html
Old 16-08-2016, 11:48 AM   #552
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Gary Neville receives Monday Night Football ribbing but insists he has no regrets about taking Valencia job

* Gary Neville returned to the Sky Sports' studio after spell in management
* Neville had tough time bossing Valencia and sacked after four months
* He was also on England coaching staff during Euro 2016 campaign
* Neville can't explain final 60 minutes of dismal last-16 defeat by Iceland

Gary Neville marked his return to Sky Sports' Monday Night Football by claiming he had no regrets about his decision to take charge of Valencia last season.

But the former Manchester United defender would have expected some ribbing about his time in Spain, where he won 10 and lost 11 of his 28 matches in the job, and, in that respect, he wasn't disappointed.

Neville's fellow studio pundit and Sportsmail columnist, Jamie Carragher, enjoyed making his friend squirm, declaring, 'I've been waiting six months for this'.

Gary Neville was taken back to his stint at Valencia's helm on his return to the Sky studios

But when the impressive Neville addressed the finer details of his four-month Mestalla Stadium reign he revealed his only regret was his failure to complete the job he set out to do.

'I don’t regret going,' said Neville. 'You learn a lot. In terms of decision making, in terms of the fact there seems to be a problem every day.

'Moving away from where I lived was a massive challenge for me but I enjoyed it.

'The idea of coming back not having completed what I wanted to do is the most disappointing thing. I wanted to be able to get to the summer so I could have time with the players.

'But the reality is the results were shocking. I wish I’d done two or three things differently. I would never speak about them. But I wish I’d done them differently.'

When asked how he felt following his team's 7-0 humbling by Barcelona in a Copa del Rey tie in February, Neville offered the delicious risposte, 'It was the worst I'd felt since I heard Jamie Carragher was coming to Sky'.

The inquisition soon moved on to England's dismal European Championship campaign, where they won only one match and were eliminated by Iceland at the last-16 stage.

Neville was on Roy Hodgson's staff and he defended the six changes made by the manager for the team's final group game, which ended in a stalemate with Slovakia.

'I have always felt England teams have run out of steam at major tournaments,' said Neville. 'We trusted in the squad. I felt it was the right decision. I wouldn’t change that.

'It’s a risk not changing players. Not trusting in the squad.'

Asked if England's woeful last-16 defeat by Iceland had left him with a sense of what might have been, Neville said: 'It felt worse than that. Going out to Iceland! The ultimate thing was you’re no longer in a job.

'It felt terrible, shocking. For the players, for Roy, for Ray (Lewington, assistant manager), and for the fans. We’d worked hard for two years.

'For two years we’d been pretty good. There was a lot of optimism.

'The last sixty minutes against Iceland I can’t explain to you. It was just a performance we’d not seen for two years.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3742469/Gary-Neville-receives-Monday-Night-Football-ribbing-insists-no-regrets-taking-Valencia-job.html
Old 23-08-2016, 09:53 AM   #553
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Doi lagi liburan di Bali nih sekarang..
Fotonya banyak beredar di social media dan internet.
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 06:21 AM   #554
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi Istiabudi View Post
Doi lagi liburan di Bali nih sekarang..
Fotonya banyak beredar di social media dan internet.
Udah 3 hari yang lalu sampai di Indonesia, cuma baru ramai kemarin..
penk22_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 06:22 AM   #555
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Sebelumnya di forum UI sepi=sepi saja tidak ada beritanya, hehehe..
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 10:18 AM   #556
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville has no plans to return to coaching in the next five years after a disastrous stint at Valencia... and he may never do so again

* Ex-Manchester United star Gary Neville will not be coaching again soon
* He admits that he would struggle to fit it in, with so many plates spinning
* The 41-year-old has immersed himself in various projects since retiring
* Neville: 'It's my obligation to deliver Salford City to the Football League'
* His other commitments include Hotel Football and his St Michael's project

Gary Neville has ruled out a return to coaching over the next five years, citing other commitments, and says it is likely that he will never go back into it.

The former Manchester United right back spent four months in La Liga last season, but was shown the door by Valencia after picking up just three wins from 16 league games, before enduring a miserable spell as England assistant at Euro 2016.

Since retiring from playing, the 41-year-old has immersed himself in various projects, including a part-ownership in non-League club Salford City.

Neville has told Guillem Balague that he would struggle to see coaching in his plans

And speaking to Sky Sports' Guillem Balague, Neville has said that he would struggle to see coaching in his plans, with so many plates spinning.

'I always say "never say never" because my love for football is too great, but I genuinely believe it will be very difficult for me to go back into coaching because of my commitment now to so many different things,' Bury-born Neville said.

'And I've immersed myself in it and I've committed to other partners, other investors.

'It's my obligation to deliver Salford City to the Football League. It's my obligation to roll out Hotel Football internationally.

'It's my obligation to deliver high-end restaurants with Michael O'Hare, who's going to sign up with us in the next month.

'It's my obligation to deliver St Michael's in the next four years, the best development, I believe, in Manchester,' he added.

Neville (centre) has said: 'It's my obligation to deliver Salford City to the Football League'

'I can't now go back into coaching in the short term in the next five years - and the reality of it is I don't want to. I don't want to.

'It could be that I'm no longer ever a coach in football but that's not a loss. Some people might think it is, but, generally, the fact of the matter is it's not a loss to me.'

Neville spent four years working under Roy Hodgson as an England coach, and went on to admit that football clubs can be too quick to judge failure.

'The FA and Roy Hodgson invested in me for four years and I'm the most experienced I've ever been, yet you get chucked overboard,' he continued.

'The reality is the investment has to come through defeat and victory. The pathway for young coaches cannot just be based on a run of defeats or a run of victories, otherwise you are forever changing.

'I heard [FA chief executive] Martin Glenn say ex-players go into punditry for the money. It's not that simple. It's an excuse, but don't tell me the problem, tell me the solution.

'Holland have the solution. Ajax have the solution. Barcelona have the solution. There are models out there. They create pathways and they keep you on the pathway.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3785267/Gary-Neville-no-plans-return-coaching-five-years-disastrous-stint-Valencia-never-again.html
Old 17-10-2016, 01:35 PM   #557
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville: I would gladly pay £5,000 fine for celebration against Liverpool again a hundred times

* Rio Ferdinand netted a last-gasp winner against Liverpool in January 2006
* Gary Neville ran over to the away section at Old Trafford to celebrate
* The then-Manchester United right back was fined £5,000 by the FA
* The 41-year-old has now said: 'I'd gladly pay it again a hundred times'

It's the most passionate Premier League rivalry of all and as Liverpool get ready to face Manchester United at Anfield on Monday night, United legend Gary Neville opens up on his love for the madness of this iconic fixture...

For 89 minutes, the travelling Liverpool fans had been singing unprintable songs about me and my mum. It was 0-0. We won a free-kick just outside the Liverpool box. Ryan Giggs was standing over the ball.

In that moment, your mind, your body, your focus are on another level. It's different from Arsenal. It's different from Chelsea. It's even different from City, at least for me. It's almost an out-of-body experience.

Gary Neville celebrates in front of the Liverpool fans at Old Trafford on January 22, 2006. Neville has admitted that he would pay the £5,000 fine he received a hundred times over

The tension is immense. It's a match that's been in the back of your mind for the last two weeks, in the front of your mind for the last week and punching you straight on the nose for the last three days.

If you beat Liverpool, it's going to be the best day of the season. If you lose, it's going to be the absolute worst.

So in the 90th minute, Giggsy is standing over the ball and all I remember is him bending it into the box, Rio Ferdinand rising up and the ball hitting the back of the net. The place exploded.

The rest was just instinct. I turned toward the Liverpool fans in the far corner of the ground and I thought, 'I'm going for them'. I sprinted 60-odd yards and I was just out of my head.

When I got to them, well — I looked at the faces of all those travelling fans who had been singing for 89 minutes and in that moment, they had no answer. It was one of the best feelings of my life.

The FA fined me £5,000 for my actions (in 2006). I'd gladly pay it again 100 times. Back then, I remember some very serious people saying things like, 'That's not the behaviour of a 30-year-old man'.

They were right. And that's what makes football so magical. For 90 minutes, you get to be a kid again. That's what we all dreamed about, isn't it?

I have this memory of being five or six years old and driving down the M60 with my dad. I remember staring out the window in anticipation, thinking: 'Are we close? When will we ever get there?'

Then we crossed over Barton Bridge and that's when I knew. We were 10 minutes away from Old Trafford. As soon as the Theatre of Dreams came into view, my heart would start racing. Then we'd park up and go into the little back room of Marina's for pie and chips.

I'm not one for nostalgia, but I do wish I could relive those days, queuing up with all the United fans. Those memories still live with me.

I'll never forget the first time I went to Anfield as a United player. We travelled on the M62 to Merseyside and when we got to the end of the motorway and turned on to the side streets, that's when it hit me. We were in enemy territory. It was claustrophobic.

When I walked out on to the pitch, it was a similar feeling. It's a tight pitch. The fans are right on top of you, shouting obscenities 40 minutes before kick-off. Those are the moments you actually miss when you're retired.

I used to say I hated Liverpool, but I've softened a little bit. Now, I'd say it's more complicated than just hate. Whenever I'm asked if I'm sorry for celebrating in front of the Liverpool fans back in 2006, my answer is the same every time: of course not.

Football is about emotions. Humour, disappointment, anxiety, sheer joy, sheer sadness. It's all of the emotions you experience at different points throughout the week, but it's jammed into 90 minutes. To me, the beauty of football is that rollercoaster. Very few things in life will make you feel like that.

United and Liverpool have been doing battle since 1894. When they kick off for the 197th time on Monday Night Football, I hope it's electric and, yeah, maybe a bit dirty.

If a Liverpool player scores the winning goal at Anfield I hope he jumps into the Kop with 10 of his team-mates and Klopp is running down the touchline like a maniac. If they did anything less, I'd be disappointed.

Liverpool have taken their revenge on me over the years, on the pitch and off. They knocked us out of the FA Cup four weeks after I leapt in front of their fans. My car was nearly flipped over when some fans recognised me in a traffic jam a mile outside Old Trafford.

And worst of all, I still have to put up with Carra (Jamie Carragher) in retirement. But there's one thing I simply cannot accept. There's a bit of folklore about two Scouse brothers who were doing work on my house a few years back.

The story goes the brothers buried a Liverpool scarf underneath the tiles of my swimming pool. It's something that's never been proven and probably never will be.

I don't even live in that house any more, but I'm going to put it in my will that if anybody ever finds that bloody scarf, they must follow my final wish — burn it.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3841512/Gary-Neville-admits-pay-5-000-fine-infamous-celebration-against-Liverpool-times-over.html
Old 18-10-2016, 10:13 AM   #558
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville doubts Manchester United's title credentials this season but is encouraged by Jose Mourinho's start as manager at Old Trafford

* Manchester United drew 0-0 away at Liverpool on Monday evening
* Manager Jose Mourinho set his side up to frustrate Liverpool at Anfield
* Gary Neville believes Mourinho will be pleased with his side's resilience
* Neville 'sees no reason not to trust' Mourinho to be successful at United
* But the former defender says United don't have the quality this season

Gary Neville believes there is no reason to doubt Jose Mourinho's ability to win the Premier League with Manchester United, but doesn't expect his former club to secure the title this season.

United's 0-0 draw with Liverpool on Monday leaves the Red Devils seventh in the table, five points behind leaders Manchester City after eight games, but Neville believes the Old Trafford boss will have taken heart from the resilient display at Anfield.

While Neville admitted United probably lack the quality to win the league at the first attempt, despite the £89m arrival of Paul Pogba and the signing of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the former full back believes Mourinho is taking steps towards United's first title since Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement in 2013.

Neville is impressed but doesn't believe United have the quality to win the title this season

Neville expects Mourinho to receive further backing in the transfer market after what he perceives to be 'three bad windows' prior to the former Chelsea and Real Madrid manager's arrival, and sees no reason not to back the Portuguese.

'It tells you where United are but they aren't ready (to win the league),' he said on Sky Sports.

'It's like when he went back to Chelsea and admitted he couldn't win the title. They (United) don't have the quality. They didn't get enough set pieces but also failed on the counter attack because players were so deep.

'Three bad transfer windows at United (prior to Mourinho's arrival). I think his team will have gone up in his estimations in terms of resilience and in terms of focus.

'At Chelsea in his first season he signed a few players and then completed the jigsaw in the second season. He'll know already what he does and doesn't want.

'There's no reason at this stage not to trust Jose Mourinho. He's got money and they'll support him in the transfer window… As long as he does win it next season.'

Mourinho had goalkeeper David de Gea to thank as they left Anfield with a point on Monday night, following the Spaniard's stunning second-half saves to first deny Emre Can and then Philippe Coutinho.

Since taking charge in the summer, Mourinho has claimed the Community Shield, won four of his eight league games in charge, progressed to the last 16 of the EFL Cup and won one and lost one of his two Europa League group matches.

United face Fenerbahce in the Europa League on Thursday night before Mourinho returns to former club Chelsea in the league on Sunday.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3845860/Gary-Neville-doubts-Manchester-United-s-title-credentials-season-encouraged.html
Old 18-10-2016, 11:22 AM   #559
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville: For England, reality is we had the right players, the right style, the right system... just not right result

* Gary Neville has revealed he has no immediate plans to be a coach again
* Neville is frustrated that England are still stuck in same damaging cycle
* The former defender endured disastrous spell as Valencia boss last term
* Manchester United icon wants to focus on his project with Salford City

Gary Neville raised no more than an eyebrow when his name was briefly caught up in the Sam Allardyce fiasco last month.

Neville was criticised in the secret recording that cost Allardyce his job, the former England boss disdainful of the fact that a coach could be arguing with manager Roy Hodgson for the introduction of Marcus Rashford in that fateful defeat by Iceland.

Neville does not really deem it worthy of comment, only to point out that Hodgson wanted strong assistants and told Neville, Ray Lewington and goalkeeping coach Dave Watson to voice their opinions when they thought it was necessary.

Gary Neville opened up on England frustration that they're still stuck in same damaging cycle

Perhaps the reason why he is phlegmatic is because Iceland, Euro 2016, Valencia and all that, seem a little remote. Coaching is not now so important in his life.

There was a time when he might even have been touted as an England manager; certainly, in different circumstances, he might have been a candidate when Allardyce fell. Iceland put paid to that.

That, and a tricky four months in Valencia where he had the unique experience of being recruited and sacked by Peter Lim, the Singaporean billionaire who remains a business partner.

At one stage it seemed Neville might lead a renaissance of English coaching. But the bruising first six months of 2016, with Valencia and England have stalled his progress. And now it seems unlikely he will return to that part of his life.

Sat in Hotel Football, the themed hotel opposite Old Trafford that was his first business venture which involved Lim as a partner, he talks enthusiastically about his forthcoming projects, including hospitality schemes at another Manchester hotel he is building and possible plans for an academy. Most of all, he talks about Salford City, the non-League club he bought with brother Phil, Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes.

They have featured in a BBC documentary and in the book, Class of 92: Out of Their League and, in the two years since the former United players took over, have seen two promotions and an FA Cup run to the second round, with the club challenging for the play-off places in Conference North, just two tiers below the Football League.

Last week, the club announced plans to redevelop their charming, but rather bedraggled ground at Moor Lane into a modern 5,000 all-seater stadium. In addition, he remains an analyst with Sky Sports.

Even if he wanted to — and Neville says he does not — it seems unlikely there would be time to coach. 'In the next five years I will be concentrating completely on business, on Salford City, on some education projects and the hospitality projects,' he says.

'I've committed now. I put two or three things on hold while I was in Valencia and in the summer. And obviously, after the summer I was: "Right these projects go and we go with them now." And they're going. And I'm too integrated into them and at the forefront to go and do something else.

'The new stadium at Moor Lane isn't just building the stadium: it's operating it, it's making sure there is an experience for the fans. I won't be doing everything but the direction comes from me and the other lads.

'People will say I've chosen punditry over coaching. No. I've chosen business over coaching. The reality is I would have loved to have been at Valencia for 18 months and it didn't work out.'

In recent months, Neville appears to have been dividing opinion again. In breathing new life into punditry at Sky Sports, he appeared to be in danger of becoming universally popular.

Yet many seemed to enjoy his struggles at Valencia, which may be the inevitable downside of good punditry, and then they saw England's failure as his comeuppance as much as Hodgson's. Still, some will regret that English coaching is losing another bright young mind, but Neville thinks not.

'Some may say it's a shame,' he says. 'To be honest, I don't look at it like that. There was always going to be a decision to be made at the end of the summer. My contract in Valencia was five months, I had five months left with Sky and five months left with England. I had all these businesses coming to a head as well.

'So the question was: "Do I commit to coaching and put someone in charge of the businesses?" The defeats, what happened in Valencia, what happened with England, has an influence on the decision-making. The businesses would have still carried on and I would still have had an influence, but not to this extent if I had carried on coaching.

'The best coaches commit 100 per cent and don't have any distractions. And I've got too many distractions to be a coach. That's the reality. I turned down four or five jobs in the three years preceding Valencia. I went over to Valencia for the owner and because I have a relationship with him and I would not change that experience for the world. I had a wonderful experience, which didn't go as well in results.

Pictured with brother Phil, he endured a disastrous spell in Spain and was eventually sacked

'What other people might say is a failure, I don't see like that. I don't. I see my life as being a road with some obstacles on it and sometimes you hit them.

'There will be English coaches who are more committed to coaching than I am. Eddie Howe, other people who have committed their whole life to it, every waking minute, and they are the ones who should be believed in. It's not a shame that I'm not there.

'The reality is — you can never say never — but I think it is unlikely you'll see me step back into a coaching role, certainly in the next five years. And beyond that you say: "Well I've not committed for five years. How could I just go straight back in?" So the reality is that I probably am consigning myself to no coaching position, unless in five years I wake up and say: "Actually, I'd like to do something locally and something happens."

'But, honestly, at this moment I can't see it at all. I'm far more passionate about those things I'm doing and Salford City than I am about coaching.'

He watched England's difficulties against Slovenia and against Slovakia with a sense of deja vu, having been directly involved for almost 20 years now. 'What we saw last week and last month are the players starting off on a journey again and going back to square one in some respects,' he says.

'Some players I saw included last week, I thought: "We know about them." And some players who haven't been included, I'm thinking: "Why have they not been included? Because we know about them."

'We went through that cycle. When you do change and start all over again, the new coaches have to find out about those players. I've seen it over 20 years, where new managers give everyone a chance again rather than trust the fact that the previous manager might have been picking the right players, the right system and the right team.'

He would not argue with the judgment though, that whatever went right under Hodgson, ultimately the team failed.

'Absolutely — and unless you don't qualify, you're only ever be judged on a tournament. And the sadness for me watching in the last couple of months and since the tournament is that it definitely was the right direction. But when you lose a game like Iceland, you lose the right to have a say any more.

'The reality, what people will work out in time, is that the direction of travel was correct, the identification of the right players was correct, the system and the style of players was correct but not always the end result.'

When that end result will finally come is the burning question.

'You're talking about making sure you're mentally strong enough to withstand the toughest situations, the biggest pressure,' he says. 'I played in a team incapable of that and I've been part of coaching teams which were incapable of that.

'So the reality is that it will happen when you get a group of players who are not just talented enough but who are mentally strong enough to overcome real difficulties, like penalty shootouts, like the last minute of a game when there's a chance, real big moment. This is not a current player or a current manager thing. I do believe that it will be overcome and there will be a group of players and a coach who will achieve that success.'

For now, Salford City rather than England is the recurrent theme in his life. Perhaps even Neville didn't realise when he engineered the takeover in 2014 quite how much it would get under his skin and dominate his life.

It might have appeared to have been a mere hobby for retirement, though Neville always argued they had taken over the club because they did not want their football lives to be solely subject to the whim of a capricious owner.

But after two promotions, the club have risen from the Evo-Stik First Division North to the Conference North, which is the level at which clubs are on the cusp of being full-time professional outfits. They are just two promotions away from Football League status.

'The two promotions have caught us a little bit by surprise,' he says. 'And there's no doubt we have the most modest facilities in the league. To think that, two years ago this was just an idea and now we're talking about delivering a stadium and pushing the club more towards full time in the next couple of years is something that's really exciting.'

He knows that the new stadium will only give fresh life to the accusations that he and his former team-mates are something akin to the Manchester City of non-League football, racing through the leagues with bigger budgets. It is a point Neville disputes, to the point of being willing to publish his wage bill.

'There's no doubt that we have high budgets,' he says. 'But it was printed that the players we signed in 2014, Danny Webber and Gareth Seddon, were on £800 a week. They were on half that. The wage never moved in two years.

'A Halifax player, a gobby little so and so, came to me last month at the end of the game and said: "Your budgets are scandalous. You're paying players £1,000 a week." Honestly, there is no one anywhere near £1,000 a week.

'A lot of people work themselves up into a stress thinking we're paying all this money. And it's forcing the other clubs to pay more, which is not good. But I'd be happy to sit down with any club in the league, all the chairmen, and say: "Look this is our budget, this is what we're paying. Please, don't let the jungle drums dictate and determine what now players can ask for."

'We pay well but I don't think we'd have the highest budget in the league, I think we'd be the third or fourth. I'd publish all players' contracts. I know people will say that might not help players but I said that when I played. I would publish all wages — to stop agents... and agents' fees.

'If you look at the MLS in the US, they do it. It’s just normal. I know there are other clubs paying more because when we were signing players, those players went to other clubs and showed us their contract offers. And we said: "No, we’re not matching it."'

Salford City are also partly a vehicle for demonstrating how he and his former team-mates believe a club should be run. In the Class of 92 book he berates the FA and the Evo-Stik League for forcing the club to raise ticket prices for cup and play-off games and talks about how English football lost its identity and what needs to be done to recover it. But he also expands on his brief experience in Valencia.

As an exercise in how the world views England it was invaluable. He relates how in passing drills, any wayward, clumsy or heavy pass was scoffed at by players as 'Pase Ingles' — an English pass; how agents and clubs happily talk about offloading players to the English, because of the inflated prices they will pay.

Amid the myriad lessons and experiences, one particular detail bothered him about training.

In England, goalkeepers come out early for training, 15 minutes before the outfield players, to work with the ball. In Spain, it didn't happen. They trained with the outfield players, joined in passing drills and played as a sweeper in mini games. Neville felt the keepers were slacking. He pulled aside the goalkeeping coach, Jose Manuel Ochotorena, and challenged him.

Ochotorena explained that it was better to do the hard work with their hands at the end of training when they were tired; that replicated a game. And that it was more important they were fresh to work with their feet, as in a game they touch the ball with their feet 40 times and with their hands only 15. As Neville concedes: 'It's obvious. But I'd never seen an English team do that.'

So, did even his brief time in Valencia suggest there is still a deficiency of knowledge in English coaching? 'Yes,' he says, before a long pause. 'Look, there's no doubt we've struggled in the Premier League in the last four or five years and we've struggled internationally for many, many years.

'I do believe there will be a successful England, I want there to be. When you've been in eight tournaments like I have, the lines are fine. Four times it was penalty shootout getting to semi-finals or finals. It's not as cut and dried that you should rip everything up. I think we should believe in what we do ourselves.

'The belief in English coaching is low. It's low internationally. I know that in Spain, the Premier League is viewed as being a cash cow for the rest of Europe and English coaching is not respected that much and it's a shame.

'You could argue that we don't even respect ourselves as a country because we don't even have that many English coaches in the Premier League. We don't have that many English owners. You could argue that we have basically allowed our global game to infiltrate, which is fine; no problem; I believe in the movement of people.

Neville and his England team-mates cut dejected figures following their defeat by Portugal

'However, I do think we have lost our footballing identity. And I do think there should be some level of control. I do believe in the 50-50 model; there should be 50 per cent English, 50 per cent foreign. I do believe that and it should be an implemented control. That feels right. I'd never say you must have an English manager but maybe you have to have an English coach within your first team coaching staff.

'British coaching was very well respected 20 years ago when you had Terry Venables, Don Howe, Bobby Robson, John Toshack and Roy Hodgson, obviously. All of a sudden it's now less respected but it will change.

'And you do pick up things from other cultures, from other countries, that's in everything. There are foreign dishes coming over here which we would never have thought of seeing 10 or so years ago. We are influenced by other cultures and football is the same.

'But I think people would say at the moment: English football, what is it? Is it a pressing game? Last season was a huge pressing thing with Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino; now it's possession with Pep Guardiola. Jose Mourinho has a more physical and pragmatic style, Leicester counter-attack with Claudio Ranieri. It's almost like we're flirting around, back and forward, left and right, with what we like because we see something coming over.'

For now, Neville will only be playing the role of critic, observing what is served up. Maybe at some stage he will venture back into the heat of the kitchen. But it seems that vocation has passed him by.

The former Three Lions right back has admitted he has 'chosen business over coaching'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3840012/Gary-Neville-England-reality-right-players-right-style-right-just-not-right-result.html
Old 25-10-2016, 10:24 AM   #560
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville takes aim at Liverpool as Manchester United legend labels Anfield a place 'where greatness happened'

* Manchester United were beaten 4-0 by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge
* Jamie Carragher was quick to poke fun at Gary Neville over the result
* Neville responded with a jab at Liverpool's lack of trophies in recent years

Gary Neville's back and forth with old rival turned punditry partner Jamie Carragher is showing no signs of slowing down.

The Manchester United legend, still reeling from his old club's calamitous showing at Stamford Bridge, was quick to fire back when taunted about the result by the former Reds captain.

'Man Utd get beat 4-0 and @GNev2 is taking a selfie on a bike, does it get better than this?!!' joked Sportsmail columnist Carragher in the wake of Sunday's Premier League clash.

Gary Neville took to Twitter to have a dig at old rivals Liverpool on Monday morning

The Manchester United legend was responding to punditry partner Jamie Carragher

'Yes my next tweet is better' replied Neville before posting an image taken at Anfield on Monday.

'Happened' he wrote alongside the image of a wall at the stadium decorated with the tagline 'where greatness happens.'

The Sky Sports commentator tore into Jose Mourinho's men after they were totally outclassed by the Blues in London.

'Chelsea are absolutely rampant and scoring brilliant goals. They (Man United) are like mannequins those red shirts.

'He's (N'Golo Kante) walked through £130m of midfield. It's absolutely garbage defending.'

Neville accepts that his latest jab at Liverpool could come back to haunt him, however, replying to a fan that he hopes 'they don't win the league or that tweet could be painful!'

Neville admitted that his latest jab at Liverpool could come back to haunt him

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3866538/Gary-Neville-takes-aim-Liverpool-Manchester-United-legend-labels-Anfield-place-greatness-happened.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 109
Aba_MaczUnited, adesaktiTRK, adittelor, AdministratoR, agylbonez, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, annetapitt5084, Ardiey11, Ayunda, bangkit, bang_zak, benatbenat, binsar p sigalingging, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, cimbuang69, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, dee_vee7, deni krosiawan, derajulio, dery pramudito, der_emperor, dhanimrh10, dhanuanakilang, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, erin, eyeofday, fadilbedil, Fajar_, fajrinited, fey777, fikrirf, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, hdhe16, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, HRHMU86, iamsetia, id4y, ing areese, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, J. A. Adji, jifortin, jojo poenya, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, Mahesa_Jenar, moehfar, MUFC1878, Muhammad Nizar, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, nobitanta, nu_reccayasha, oldark, Oom Panda, paiman, penk22_, Pure_red, Rean, Redsbusby, red_girl_mia, revald, Richo Supit, rio vander vidic, Rizana, rizluq, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, ronald hars, rooneyglory10, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, simamora16, SR 7, stamansa, Syarifeghy, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, Van_Munandar, Vicario, Victory, victory II, wazzapoetra, wira_ozora, zeavhere, zizitchy, zudomiriku