United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United History

Old 16-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default The Treble ... !!!

Catatan Emas dalam perjalanan panjang sejarah Manchester United :united :united :united

history lengkapnya di sini yaa
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glorious Nineties 1990 - 1999

1990 - 1991: United win second European trophy

1992 - 1993: 26 year wait comes to an end

1993 - 1994: The Double!

1995 - 1996: The Double Double!

1996 - 1997: Fourth Championship in five years

1998 - 1999: The Treble!

The greatest season in Manchester United's history as they achieved an unprecedented Treble, lifting the Premiership Championship, FA Cup and European Cup all in the space on 10 incredible days in May 1999.

The title race went right to the wire this year, with United and defending Champions Arsenal staying neck and neck right through the closing weeks of the season. On the final day of the league season, the first part of the historic treble was completed as Manchester United won the Premiership title with a victory over Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford, pipping the Gunners to top spot by a single point.

Things started badly though, Old Trafford was stunned when Les Ferdinand lobbed Peter Schmeichel to score the opening goal for Tottenham. The Reds fought back, however, and a David Beckham strike drew the scores level before half-time.

Andy Cole came on for Teddy Sheringham in the second-half and within minutes he was in behind the Spurs defence to lob Ian Walker and score the goal that won the Premiership title for Manchester United.

The second stage of the Treble was completed a week later as Manchester United comfortably beat a lifeless Newcastle United in the FA Cup Final. A week earlier United had secured the Championship and now had their eye on a third double in five years.

Cap***n Roy Keane limped off injured after just 5 minutes but substitute Teddy Sheringham was to have a big impact, scoring the opening goal with virtually his first touch.

United were always comfortable in the match and when Paul Scholes fired in the second goal after the interval, the final result was never in doubt. The United players celebrated the Double, but they still had the small matter of a European Cup final four days later!

United's route to their first European Cup final since 1968 was a rollercoaster ride with a host of memorable games against some of Europe's biggest clubs. United traversed the group of death in the opening stages of the competition, qualifying unbeaten from a quartet of Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Brondby.

In the quarter-finals the Reds beat Inter Milan 2:0 at Old Trafford and in the second leg in the San Siro, they secured their place in the semi-finals be grafting out a hard fought 1:1 draw. In the semis the Reds were faced with the challenge of overcoming the team which had so often in the recent past been a thorn in their side in Europe - Juventus.

In the first leg at Old Trafford, Juventus had the better of preceedings, scoring first through Conte but in the dying minutes, Ryan Giggs produced a big goal for Manchester United, vollying an equaliser past Peruzzi to keep United's hopes alive going into the second leg.

Two weeks later in the Stadio Delli Alpi, Manchester United produced one of the greatest comebacks in European Cup history. 2:0 down on the night after only 10 minutes, United's European hopes looked dead and buried. But a remarkable fightback, led by Roy Keane, saw the Reds pull it back to 2:2 and then win the game and the tie in the closing minutes with a goal from Andy Cole.

United were through to their first European Cup final since 1968, to be played in Barcelona on what would have been Sir Matt Busby's 90th birthday.

The semi-final against Juventus had been dramatic, but nothing could match the drama in the Nou Camp on 26th May, 1999. The match started in the worst possible way as Bayern Munich took the lead with a free-kick from Mario Basler. United fought back valiantly, but against a well organised Bayern defence they just couldn’t find a way through.

As the minutes on the clock ticked away, Alex Ferguson introduced Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to the United attack. It would prove to be an inspired double substitution.

In injury time, goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel, playing his last game for the club, came forward for a corner. His presence in the box caused panic in the Bayern defence allowing Ryan Giggs to get in a shot which Sheringham directed into the net.

The whole game was turned on its head as United, only seconds away from defeat, lived again.

But it wasn’t over yet.

A minute later United won another corner. David Beckham swung the ball into the near post where Sheringham’s header was met by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer who flicked the ball into the roof of the net.

The Manchester United players, staff and fans were in dreamland as they won the European Cup in the most incredible circumstances ever seen. Two goals in injury time had turned defeat into the most unlikely of victories and made possible the first ever Treble.

rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
rondwisan

rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute

LiputanBola.com - 2008-04-23 11:51:01
Memori 1999 dalam Benak Collina

Sosok wasit yang satu ini sangat populer di mata pecinta sepakbola, tidak hanya di Italia, tapi juga di seluruh dunia. Selain sikapnya yang tegas dan tak kenal kompromi di atas lapangan, ada ciri khas lain yang membuat wajah Pierluigi Collina—nama sang wasit—begitu membumi. Yaitu, tatapan dan sorot matanya.

Di sepanjang karirnya sebagai pengadil di lapangan hijau, Collina—yang lahir di Bologna 48 tahun yang lalu—kerap ditunjuk menjadi wasit di sejumlah partai-partai penting, baik dalam event domestik (Liga Serie A Italia), ajang regional (Piala Eropa dan Liga Champions), dan Piala Dunia (PD). Puncaknya, pada 30 Juni 2002, FIFA memercayakan Collina untuk menjadi sosok sentral di Stadion Internasional Yokohama, Jepang, venue babak final PD 2002 antara Brasil versus Jerman.

Menjelang first-leg babak semifinal Liga Champions antara Barcelona versus Manchester United yang akan digelar di Nou Camp, Rabu, 23 April, malam nanti, sosok Collina kembali dibicarakan. Pasalnya, dalam benak Collina, Nou Camp menyimpan nostalgia tersendiri. Hampir sembilan tahun yang lalu, tepatnya 26 Mei 1999, Collina ditunjuk UEFA untuk menjadi wasit di babak final Liga Champions antara Bayern Muenchen versus MU.

Ketika itu, sampai 90 menit normal pertandingan, Muenchen yang unggul 1-0 sejak menit keenam babak pertama, hanya tinggal menunggu peluit akhir Collina untuk memastikan diri meraih gelar untuk kelima kalinya. Namun, apa daya, takdir berkata lain. Dalam 112 detik injury time, anak-anak asuhan Sir Alex Ferguson mampu membalikkan keadaan lewat gol Teddy Sheringham dan Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

“Saya harus mengatakan saya benar-benar beruntung bisa menjadi pengadil di sejumlah pertandingan besar dan bergengsi. Saya merasa sangat terhormat bisa mewasiti final Piala Dunia. Namun, saya selalu mengingat partai United versus Muenchen,” terang Collina seperti yang dikutip Daily Telegraph.

Alasannya? “Banyak. Yang pertama-tama dan selalu membekas dalam ingatan saya adalah ketika melihat dan mendengar reaksi fans MU ketika mereka mencetak gol kedua (Solskjaer). Gemuruhnya benar-benar luar biasa. Seperti auman (raungan) singa,” terang Collina.

Lalu, “Yang kedua, reaksi para pemain Bayern. Mereka sangat terpukul. Saya tidak melupakan suasana saat itu, terutama melihat kesedihan yang begitu mendalam dari diri Lothar Matthaus (kapten Muenchen) saat ia menatap trofi Champions,” terang Collina.

Kegagalan Muenchen meraih gelar Liga Champions saat itu merupakan lembaran hitam dalam karir Matthaus. Meskipun berhasil mengantarkan Muenchen menjadi jawara Bundesliga sebanyak tujuh kali, juara Piala Jerman tiga kali, UEFA Cup dua kali, plus menjadi sosok sentral di balik kejayaan Timnas Jerman di PD 1990, sampai gantung sepatu, Matthaus tak pernah merasakan nikmatnya mengangkat trofi Liga Champions.
The Following User Says Thank You to rondwisan For This Useful Post:
Old 16-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
rondwisan

Quote:
Part One: The Premiership

16 May 1999, Old Trafford

MANCHESTER UNITED 2
Beckham 43, Cole 48

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 1

Ferdinand 25

United: Schmeichel; Neville, May, Johnsen, Irwin; Beckham, Scholes (Butt 70), Keane, Giggs (Neville 80); Yorke, Sheringham (Cole 46). Subs not used: Van Der Gouw, Solskjaer

"I am starting to paint my players as gods of the game."
Sir Alex Ferguson

"Old Trafford witnessed the conclusion to a great struggle, but this was not a day for endings. If things go according to plan, this was just a beginning.”
Oliver Holt, The Times
Treble: The Premiership

Andy Cole relives sealing the first leg of the Treble on a nerve-shredding afternoon against Tottenham at OT...

I remember it like it was yesterday. The manager told me two days before the game that I wasn't playing; I was gutted as it was the last day of the league season and we had to win.

So I watched from the bench as Spurs scored, and got jittery because we had chances we didn't convert. We always believed we'd get back into it, and Becks scored with a super goal before half-time. Then the boss put me on for Teddy. Almost straight away, Gary Neville got the ball inside the Spurs half, cut inside and clipped it into the area.

It was a bit further than I expected so I had to bring it down with my first touch. After that it was instinct. It bounced up and out of the corner of my eye I saw Ian Walker in the half-half position, so I tossed a lob up, caught it perfectly on the instep and it bounced into the net.

The rest of the game was so tense, but we held on, even though we knew Arsenal were winning too. It was nice to score the goal that won the league but it wasn't about individuals, it was a massive collective effort.
Old 16-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
rondwisan

Quote:
Part Two: The FA Cup

22 May 1999, Wembley Stadium

MANCHESTER UNITED 2
Sheringham 11, Scholes 53

NEWCASTLE UNITED 0

United: Schmeichel; G Neville, Johnsen, May, P Neville; Beckham, Scholes (Stam 78), Keane (Sheringham 9), Giggs; Cole (Yorke, 60), Solskjaer. Subs not used: Van Der Gouw, Blomqvist

"The team has a never say die spirit and they don't want to be beaten."
Sir Alex Ferguson

“They said it couldn't be done. It can now. United go to Barcelona with the domestic Double stowed in the overhead locker on Concorde.”
Ian Ridley, The Observer
Treble: FA Cup Final

Teddy Sheringham talks us through the second part of the Treble - a Wembley stroll against Newcastle...

As memories go, coming off the bench and scoring within a minute in your first and only FA Cup final isn’t bad! It was a fantastic day for the team, but the day had started on a low note for me.

I was devastated not to start, because after that you don't think you'll get another chance, you just live in hope of getting the nod from the Boss. But it's amazing how football turns you around sometimes. One minute you're down and the next you're up, you're on the pitch and you score a goal – it was an unbelievable high.

It did seem a bit like the FA Cup Final was just the second leg of three. It was still a big moment for us, though, and we had to beat a very good Newcastle side, and on a personal note I certainly loved it every minute of it.

Our celebrations were meant to be quite muted but, funnily enough, they weren’t! We were supposed to keep a lid on things because we had a big game to come, but that didn’t quite go to plan and we had a great night. In fact, that might be the reason why we didn’t play so well against Bayern. It took us a while to shake off the cobwebs!
The Following User Says Thank You to rondwisan For This Useful Post:
Old 16-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
rondwisan

Quote:
The Treble: Ten years on

"Happy days, I have so many memories of that season which was made up of glorious bits of magic, accompanied by heart-stopping anxiety."

- Sir Alex Ferguson

Treble: Sir Alex column

Ten years on from '99, Sir Alex says the absolute ecstasy of the season's finish remains a vivid memory, and an unmatchable achievement...

There's hardly a week goes by when I don’t think about some aspect of that momentous achievement in 1999 when we won our 'unique Treble'. And in many ways it still seems unreal because you need so much to go right for you to be successful in three separate and very different competitions.

You need not only a good team but also a quality squad so that you can keep your line-up fresh as you hit the crunch time of playing two key matches a week in the later stages. Even if you have got these basics on your side, you then need not only to avoid injury to top personnel, you need lady luck, if not actively on your side, at least not working for your rival!

We enjoyed all these things 10 years ago and by sheer force of character the players took advantage to win the Premier League by a point from Arsenal, collect the FA Cup by beating Newcastle 2-0 and then astound Bayern Munich with our injury-time double for a sensational 2-1 victory.

Happy days, so many memories made up of glorious bits of magic accompanied by heart-stopping anxiety. I recall with delight the way Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke seemed to score for the pure fun of it and it gave me great comfort to know that I also had Teddy Sheringham and Ole Solskjaer waiting desperately to add their scoring skills, which of course they did with great aplomb on the last lap, culminating especially with their last-gasp goals that won us the Champions League in Barcelona.

And how could I ever forget the marvellous goal scored by Ryan Giggs against Arsenal in the FA Cup semi-final replay? But it was a team built around some strong characters, like our great goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel and, of course, the equally commanding captain Roy Keane.

The anxiety came in the closing stages when, with the treble at our feet, we faced difficult away games at Middlesbrough and Blackburn. I knew that if we could get through those successfully it would give us the momentum to not only clinch the League title at home to Spurs but also give us a great chance in the other two competitions.

And that is how it worked out, as we secured our Treble, a remarkable and memorable achievement which I still believe will not be repeated during my lifetime.
Old 16-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #6
rondwisan

Quote:
"You go for 90 minutes because, well, you just never know. We always entertain and never give up - that was never more evident than in Barcelona."

- Sir Bobby Charlton

Treble: Sir Bobby Q&A

In 1968, the emotion of European success was almost too much to bear; while the Treble's crowning moment gave Sir Bobby Charlton plenty reason to celebrate…

The Champions League final at the Nou Camp must have been poignant for you; how did it contrast with 1968?

They were two very different feelings for me. It was so emotional in ’68 because of everything that had gone before it with the accident. In Barcelona, it was pure joy, and on what would have been Matt’s birthday.

What would Sir Matt have made of that game?
I’m sure he was there in spirit and he’d have been a very happy man. He was always impressed by Alex Ferguson. In board meetings, when Alex said something, Matt used to give that nod of approval. He would have been so pleased because, when you look out at Old Trafford, he started all this and Alex has continued it; 1999 was an incredible season. I’ll never forget the way it finished, ever.

There were so many dramatic victories that season, but few could surpass the final…
Bayern Munich scored early so we still had a chance. But it kept getting later and later. I thought, if we get the ball into the box we have players that can score, but Bayern repelled everything. With a few minutes left, Lennart Johansson, the UEFA president, came past. He was on his way to present the trophy. He said to me, “I’m very sorry, Bobby’. I said, ‘c’est la vie, president, there’ll be other matches.’ By the time he’d gone into the stands and down to the pitch, he emerged to find the winners distraught and the losers celebrating… in the time it took him to get the elevator down to the pitch, he’d missed our goals!

How did you react when those goals went in?
When Teddy Sheringham scored, my first instinct was to look at the linesman to see if he was onside. Then I got caught up in the celebrations and ended up jumping over a few UEFA people in the seats in front. I apologised and they said, ‘we understand, Bobby’. I was just pulling myself together, thinking we had 30 minutes of extra time to win it, then we got a corner. Teddy flicked it on, and if you’d let me pick one player to be on the end of that ball, it’d be one of the great finishers of all time, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. And there he was. I was in disbelief. I couldn’t believe we’d won.

Late finishes were a common theme that season, and seems in-built into the club; where does that spirit come from?
It’s the United way; you go for 90 minutes because, well, you just never know… It’s not just our belief, other teams know that we’ll never stop. So they drop back and defend for their lives, and that’s our invitation. It’s partly the English game, which is never dull. But it’s also the club’s working class roots; fans do their work in the week, then they want entertaining! That’s what we’ve always done, entertained and never given up. It’s our tradition and what makes this club unique, never more evident than that night.
Old 16-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #7
rondwisan

Quote:
Part Three: Champions League

26 May 1999, Nou Camp

MANCHESTER UNITED 2
Sheringham 90+1, Solskjaer 90+3

BAYERN MUNICH 1

Basler 6

United: Schmeichel ©; G. Neville, Johnsen, Stam, Irwin; Giggs, Beckham, Butt, Blomqvist (Sheringham 67); Cole (Solskjaer 81), Yorke.
Subs not used: Van Der Gouw, May, P. Neville, Brown, Greening.

"What we had done actually meant something. It affected people's lives."
Gary Neville

"The history of this wondrous competition has a new and permanent asterisk against the line which records United's 2-1 triumph. It must say: 'Won in extraordinary circumstances -

Treble: Champions League

Matchwinner Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reflects on a historic night in Barcelona…

Bayern were ahead for a long time, but there was a feeling throughout the last six months of the season that if we just kept going we’d get something out of every game.

We were lucky to stay in this one, but then Teddy scored and we knew we could get another. Straight from kick-off I made a diagonal run out to our left, and Denis Irwin played a great pass to me.

Being fresh I got to the ball and managed to turn and face up Kuffour. I tried a stepover and he nicked it out for a corner, but I was happy with that. I didn’t think about what happened next. I was too focused. I was playing on instinct.

Kuffour was marking me. He grabbed my shirt, but then forgot about me when the ball came over. He was busy looking at Teddy, so that was my chance to get away and the ball just landed on my toe.

My main memory of what followed was all the subs being in amongst the celebrations, that and almost being strangled by everyone!
Old 16-06-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
rondwisan

Quote:
"There had been a lot of talk about whether or not I should stay and I was very close to agreeing to carry on at the party afterwards. But a few days later I thought about the reasons why I’d decided to leave and opted to stick by my decision."

- Peter Schmeichel

Treble: Peter Schmeichel Q&A

Arguably the greatest goalkeeper of all time, Peter Schmeichel signed off for United at the very top. Here, the Great Dane reflects on an unforgettable final campaign…

What are your memories of the dramatic last 10 days of your United career?
That period was like nothing I'd known before, like something from another planet. We had three huge games with a major trophy at the end of every one. You’d see t-shirts and banners saying ‘one down, two to go’ and then ‘two down, one to go.’ By the time we got to Barcelona I think we’d all just got used to these big games. The way we turned things around and won the final was a very fitting ending to an incredible season.

The final was our last ever match for the club. Did you have chance to take that in?
At the time I don’t think any of us could take anything in. When you play at a club like United under a manager like Sir Alex you’re not allowed to look ahead. You just have to focus on what’s in front of you. That’s what we did in every game and it was the same for the final. I didn’t think about anything other than what was happening there and then.

You couldn’t have scripted it any better, captaining the team to victory…
To make history in my last match for the club… well, it was the absolute perfect ending for me. We were 1-0 down for a long time, but none of us believed we’d lost. There had been a lot of talk about whether or not I should stay and I was very close to agreeing to carry on at the party afterwards. But a few days later I thought about the reasons why I’d decided to leave and opted to stick by my decision.

You certainly celebrated Ole’s winner in style with your famous cartwheel…
It was a completely spontaneous reaction. How do you celebrate a goal like that? What do you do? Do you just say ‘yes, great we’ve scored?’ You can’t, you just want to go wild. Every single fan has a story about how they celebrated that goal. A friend of mine ended up 50 yards from his seat and hugged about 300 people!

Midway through the season the manager gave you some time off – how important was that break?
It was everything and I was very grateful to the boss. At the time I was worn out and couldn’t concentrate or focus, and I just didn’t want to play. I didn’t have the desire. It was at that point I made my decision to leave at the end of the season. When I came back from my break I felt great and was looking forward to every match.

Another defining moment that season was your penalty save from Dennis Bergkamp in the FA Cup semi-final replay...
It was an amazing game to play in and another example of what that season was all about – we never believed we were beaten. I actually had no idea it was the last minute of the game. I thought there was another ten or so left! It turned out to be a crucial save and I was really happy about that and then, of course, Giggsy produced an unbelievable goal. That game, and the Champions League semi-final in Turin later that month, are the best I’ve ever played in.
Old 24-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #9
mega_ern15
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
mega_ern15 has no contributions yet
Visit mega_ern15's Twitter Visit mega_ern15's YouTube
Default Re: The Treble ... !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdministratoR View Post
LiputanBola.com - 2008-04-23 11:51:01
Memori 1999 dalam Benak Collina

-------------------
Alasannya? “Banyak. Yang pertama-tama dan selalu membekas dalam ingatan saya adalah ketika melihat dan mendengar reaksi fans MU ketika mereka mencetak gol kedua (Solskjaer). Gemuruhnya benar-benar luar biasa. Seperti auman (raungan) singa,” terang Collina.

Lalu, “Yang kedua, reaksi para pemain Bayern. Mereka sangat terpukul. Saya tidak melupakan suasana saat itu, terutama melihat kesedihan yang begitu mendalam dari diri Lothar Matthaus (kapten Muenchen) saat ia menatap trofi Champions,” terang Collina.
-------------------------
wiiiiiiiieeeehhhhhh merinding baca ini : reaksi fans MU........ memori yang fantastic, semoga season depan MU berjaya kembali.

Glory Glory MU

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://ernamegawatimanna.blogspot.com/
mega_ern15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #10
unitedreservecoach
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
unitedreservecoach has no contributions yet
Default Re: The Treble ... !!!

Waaah bring back the memory nih pas tahun 1998/1999 ane nonton tiga pertandingan dimana United berhasil juara,sangking memorablenya ane bela-belain beli VCD the treble dari uang jajan biar bisa di ulang-ulang memorinya
unitedreservecoach is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 36
adhie21, AdministratoR, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, astridtiwi, Benzenakusdiana, Blacklist7, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, dhodoadrian, fajrinited, id4y, ipay, Iqbal14, irfi_1, khalid, Kurniawan Ani, Mr.Legend, penk22_, raymond, ricky_cleverley, rio vander vidic, ronald hars, RyanRezha, SatriaRedArmy, schizo, setipp48, SR 7, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, Veliko, vivasoilsolid, YANGWAN, zudomiriku