United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United History

Old 18-05-2019, 01:39 AM   #121
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: The Treble ... !!!

#TREBLE99: 20 YEARS SINCE THE WIN OVER SPURS

Manchester United won the 1998/99 Premier League title, the first leg of the Treble, by beating Tottenham 2-1 on this day 20 years ago.

The Reds approached the final day at Old Trafford needing a victory to make sure of the championship after a 0-0 draw at Brian Kidd's Blackburn Rovers in midweek.

With second-placed Arsenal at home to Aston Villa, there looked like being a real twist to the race when Spurs took the lead with a looping effort from Les Ferdinand, potentially handing their local rivals the trophy.

However, David Beckham equalised before half-time with a wicked finish past Ian Walker, three minutes before half-time, to spark hopes of another famous comeback.

Andy Cole came on for Teddy Sheringham at half-time and soon found himself through on goal, latching on to a long ball by Gary Neville.

“I remember it like it was yesterday,” he said. “As soon as Nev knocked the ball in, it was a bit further than I expected so I knew I had to bring it down with my first touch but, after that, what happened was instinct.

”It bounced up and then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ian Walker in the half-half position, so I just instinctively tossed a lob up, caught it perfectly on the instep and it just bounced into the back of the net.“

The job was far from done as Walker kept out a couple of efforts by Paul Scholes and Dwight Yorke's overhead kick flew over the bar.

Steffen Iversen had one great opportunity for Spurs, only for Peter Schmeichel, on his farewell league appearance for the Reds, to pull off a key save.

Scholes and Nicky Butt could have eased the growing tension but the outcome remained in the balance throughout, with the visitors very much in the game. Referee Graham Poll's final whistle was greeted with jubilation and relief as United won the title on home turf for the first time since Sir Matt Busby's era

“It was tense,” said manager Alex Ferguson afterwards. “Very tense.

”It's the nature of things at United, that we make it hard work for ourselves. We did that by going a goal behind. But I had a feeling Andy would score.

“I thought we did well in the first half and I fancied our chances in the second half.”

Tickets are still available to purchase for our Treble Reunion game against Bayern Munich on 26 May at Old Trafford. Click here for more information.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 05:31 PM   #122
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

List Manchester United Treble Reunion Squad :

1 Peter Schmeichel (Goalkeeper)
2 Gary Neville (Defender)
3 Denis Irwin (Defender)
4 David May (Defender)
5 Ronny Johnsen (Defender)
6 Jaap Stam (Defender)
7 David Beckham (Midfielder)
8 Nicky Butt (Midfielder)
9 Andy Cole (Striker)
9 Louis Saha (Striker)
10 Teddy Sheringham (Striker)
13 Ji-sung Park (Midfielder)
14 Karel Poborsky (Midfielder)
15 Jesper Blomqvist (Midfielder)
17 Raimond van der Gouw (Goalkeeper)
18 Paul Scholes (Midfielder)
19 Dwight Yorke (Striker)
20 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (Striker)
21 Henning Berg (Defender)
24 Wes Brown (Defender)
27 Mikael Silvestre (Defender)
34 Jonathan Greening (Midfielder)

Alhamdulillah dari 34 nama pemain United di atas, saya sudah pernah bertemu langsung dengan 15 orang diantaranya..
Old 21-05-2019, 07:56 PM   #123
rio vander vidic
first team
-

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
rio vander vidic has a spectacular aura aboutrio vander vidic has a spectacular aura about

yg bukan treble skuad boleh ikut juga ya?
rio vander vidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #124
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio vander vidic View Post
yg bukan treble skuad boleh ikut juga ya?
Iya, katanya ikut meramaikan dan bakal turut bermain juga...
Harusnya ada Cantona, RvP dan Van Nistelrooy yach biar lebih seru
Old 22-05-2019, 09:13 PM   #125
Andi Istiabudi
manager

STAM: THE TREBLE WINNER I'D LOVE TO SIGN FOR MY TEAM

Manchester United legend Jaap Stam is returning to Old Trafford on Sunday to play in the Treble Reunion game against Bayern Munich.

Now that the former defender is a manager, currently with PEC Zwolle in his native Netherlands, we asked him a hypothetical question: which of his 1998/99 colleagues would he most like to sign for his squad?

The former Reading boss was asked that tricky question when we caught up with him in advance of this weekend's charity game at the Theatre of Dreams, for which tickets are still available to buy online or by calling 0161 868 8000, with all proceeds going to the Manchester United Foundation.

With a wealth of talent to consider, Stam admitted “that's a difficult one” before eventually plumping for Paul Scholes, who is also pulling on his boots to compete against Bayern this weekend.

“I think Scholesy was one of the best players I played with in my career from all my teams. He was probably the complete midfield player, he had everything. The goalscoring, his passing was very high quality, technically he was very strong, he could run and he wasn't afraid to put in a tackle as well. I would love to have signed him. Even now he can do it!

”Will I just give him the ball in Sunday's game? Well, I might keep it myself if I have it. When I played at United, sometimes if I went over the halfway line with the ball as a centre-back, Sir Alex would shout at me: ‘Jaap, don’t do that. Get the ball to the midfield players. We’ve got them to do that!’

“That’s how it goes. I think everybody needs to know their role, their part. I was brought in as a defender and you need to do your defensive job. Sometimes you can bring something extra to the game, but eventually you’ve got the other players in front of you for that, so I was always glad to have Scholesy to give the ball to.

”Sometimes I was a bit sneaky and kept the ball, took it forward and hopefully you’re going to get something out of it. It gives something extra to the fans as well, when they see you run with the ball. Of course, you need to do something good with it, but it was great to do it. You could feel the atmosphere, hear the crowd growing louder and that gives you a great feeling as a player.

“It’ll be great to sample that at Old Trafford again on Sunday.”

Now aged 46, Stam is relishing another opportunity to put on the red shirt and has been carefully planning his preparation for the game.

“I may look quite fit, but to be honest, I haven’t done a lot of work. I’ve played previous games for charity and did a lot of running beforehand, but I ruptured my calf and I don’t want to get injured before this particular game so I haven’t risked it.

”I’m jogging once in a while, plus I do play a bit with my current team. I play a bit with my sons too, so I can manage to run for half an hour at least. Luckily for me, I still have a brain, so I can use that as well! Sometimes it’s about being a bit cleverer than the other team, so hopefully my feet can still transfer what I want to do in my brain.“

www.manutd.com
Old 24-05-2019, 08:35 PM   #126
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MATA: MY MEMORIES OF UNITED'S TREBLE SUCCESS

Juan Mata has given a fascinating account of what he remembers of that unforgettable moment Manchester United sealed the Treble almost 20 years ago.

He may have only been a youngster at the time but the Spaniard vividly recalls two clear memories from the night of 26 May 1999, when the Reds produced the dramatic late comeback to beat Bayern Munich in the Champions League final and clinch the last part of our unprecedented trophy haul.

“I was just 11 years old and I remember two things,” Juan told us in a recent interview. “Obviously the goals – Ole’s and Sheringham’s. But I also remember the Bayern Munich players lying on the floor devastated.”

“So I could feel the happiness on one side from this club, obviously, and the sadness of Bayern – they were devastated they had lost the game that they felt they had won.

“They were touching the trophy with their hands and it escaped from them. I don’t know why I focused on that - seeing them very, very sad.

“I thought life, like in football, can change in a few seconds. On that night, obviously it changed for the better for Manchester United winning the Treble, the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League – something that nobody has done since then.”

Juan went on: “I guess it was a trademark season for Manchester United and what this club embodies – which is winning, having good players, not giving up, believing, coming back, legendary games, legendary goals and legendary moments.

“It all happened in one season – winning the Premier League, the FA Cup and the Champions League in barely a few weeks altogether.

“I imagine Manchester, the town, celebrating with the team, I imagine how happy everyone should have been at this club. It’s just emotions and happiness and something historic because no team was able to do it before them.”

www.manutd.com
Old 24-05-2019, 08:54 PM   #127
Andi Istiabudi
manager

THE TREBLE REUNION GAME COULD TRANSFORM LIVES

The chief executive of Manchester United Foundation believes Sunday’s Treble Reunion game at Old Trafford could lead to a “transformational impact” on the lives of thousands of children in Greater Manchester.

Shiels – whose association with the club stretches back 40 years, to when he first started working with Sir Bobby Charlton’s Soccer Schools – joined the Foundation in 2008, and has been a key driver behind the plans for Sunday’s event, which sees our famous Treble winners of 1999 face the Bayern Munich side they beat in the Champions League final exactly 20 years ago.

But while the United fan cannot wait to see his heroes back on the hallowed turf once more, he's equally excited about the impact the money raised by the event could have on the children and communities that the Foundation supports.

“It’s really exciting to be in Manchester at the moment, because you look out of the window and all the cranes in the country must be here,” explains Shiels.

“At last, Manchester is getting a downtown. We’re putting skyscrapers up and it’s fantastic. But that’s the shop window of Manchester. In the shadows, 76,000 young people in Manchester and Salford live on or below the poverty line.

“Some of the schools we work in have to provide shoes and uniform to the kids. They have to run breakfast clubs, as well as dinner clubs. These children are born into a predicament where, unless someone intervenes, this is going to be their lives. Our plan is to go in and intervene to help them achieve their potential. To empower them to think: I can get myself out of this. To trust in themselves; to believe in themselves. To go out of their comfort zones.

“We do a lot of work in schools. We do a lot of work in community engagement, through our Street Reds project. The Treble Reunion will help us fund that.

”There’s not much public funding anymore. There are not many youth clubs now. There are not many safe places for kids to go now, unless you go to something that’s organised and there are adults there. So we give kids the opportunity to go to a place and to people who look after them, who make them safe, who challenge them, give them a good run round and keep them fit and well. We are there 48 weeks in a year, wind, rain or shine. It gives them an alternative.”

The Foundation’s aim is to inject positivity and provide disadvantaged children with the skills and personal qualities that might help them get a job, and help them be successful.

“What do you need to get a job? You do need your English and maths, which is education,” says Shiels, “but you also need to have an energy about yourself, an attitude. To be confident, reliable, to be able to communicate. We take the traits of success from Manchester United and say: this is what you need, guys and girls, to be successful. You need to be focused, disciplined, determined, resilient.

“These kids maybe struggle at home, and struggle at school. So it’s not rocket science to realise that they probably don’t believe in themselves. So that’s what we do. Our currencies are inspiration and aspiration, which are from the Latin word spiro, which means ‘to breathe life into’, and that sums it up really.

“By getting 60,000-odd United fans to come to Old Trafford on Sunday and support their legends, and their Foundation, it gives us some money to do more of that.

“That’s why the Treble Reunion is important to us as a Foundation, and it’s important to the community of Manchester, but it could be transformational to the lives of the kids we get hold of. And it’s not just now. If we intervene and get things right, their picture – when they’re a grandpa or grandma 50 years on – could be totally different to what it would have been. A 10-minute impact could have a 50-year effect, so it’s pretty significant what Sunday could enable us to achieve.”

As for the game itself, Shiels is looking forward to seeing some of the club's former stars play again – many of whom he has worked with and got to know during recent years.

“I’m really pleased that David [Beckham] has said he’ll come, for example. I’ve known David since he was 12, because he came to Bobby Charlton’s Soccer Schools.

”There was an awful lot of fate in David’s journey. We’d been doing Soccer Schools for a long time, but the year David won it was the first time a children’s TV programme called Blue Peter covered it. They hadn’t covered it before and haven’t since! Blue Peter was the children’s programme.

“Part of the prize was to go and visit a foreign team, so David went to stay at Barcelona. Terry Venables was the manager, Mark Hughes was there, Gary Lineker was there, Steve Archibald. For a 12-year-old boy, if you need inspiration and you need to know where you want to go, then that was it. He was there for probably a week. And then that led to him coming to Manchester United.

“I’ve got to know Denis Irwin, who has been a Foundation trustee. Ronny Johnsen – The Iceman – has played for us in virtually every Legends game. He’s a great lad. Jaap Stam has played for us quite a few times. I’ve got to know Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole... they’re all great lads. We’re very lucky with the lads that come back and help the Foundation. And to do what they did is still unprecedented.

“Bryan Robson is obviously not in the Treble team, but this is his project, really. He’s the one that helps us get the legends together. He’s just such a leader. The man’s just a legend. Without Robbo, we wouldn’t have been able to do this.”

As for the opposition in Sunday’s match, Shiels' intel suggests the Bayern players will arrive in M16 well prepared to exact some revenge for their heartbreak in the Nou Camp two decades ago.

“I’ve heard the Germans have trained, but I don’t know whether they play more regularly together. Germans don’t like losing, and neither do the British, so I think it will be very tight. It could be penalties! But Bayern are on a tight timescale, because they have got to fly back on the night, straight after. No extra-time. But you can’t ever do extra-time in a legends game!”

The Foundation boss is certain that, whatever the scoreline, Sunday will have a lasting legacy.

“Our projects mean we can provide opportunities. It’s whether the kids are inclined to take it to a different level. Have we then got the resource, when a kid comes knocking on the door and they need some support, can we make sure they get that support?

“Every pound is important. That one pound could fund the 10 minutes of a chat that one of our coaches has with a kid that could be a transformational 10 minutes. You don’t know when that 10 minutes might be. But that’s why every penny counts.”

www.manutd.com
Old 24-05-2019, 08:59 PM   #128
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MCCLAREN: 1999 WAS LIKE A COMIC-BOOK STORY

Steve McClaren will be back at Old Trafford on Sunday for the Treble Reunion game against Bayern Munich, sitting with Sir Alex Ferguson again in the dug-out.

He was introduced as assistant manager during the 1998/99 season and soon ended up winning all three of the major prizes, which he describes as the highlight of his career. By working with a squad of tremendous professionals, all with an insatiable appetite for winning, he was able to implement some of his own ideas and innovations into an already well-oiled machine.

With a chance to reflect on events 20 years ago, the former England manager paid tribute to the likes of Sir Alex and David Beckham, who will both be at the stadium this weekend.

”It’s flown by,” he told us. “It will be great to see the old faces again, especially the gaffer and quite a few of the players who I’ve not caught up with. Manchester United is built on history, tradition and celebration of momentous occasions. That’s what makes United great – they talk about now and the future but never forget the past.”

McClaren’s first game was an 8-1 victory at Nottingham Forest, a record on the road in the Premier League, and he never really looked back. Indeed, in each of his three seasons at the club, the Reds won the title and he was a big influence as a key member of the backroom team.

”It was a whirlwind,” he recalled. “I joined on the Thursday and the game on the Saturday was the 8-1 win against Nottingham Forest. So I was wondering what to do on Monday morning in training! And then ending, five months later, unbeaten with three trophies so it was a dream come true and something that sometimes you only read about in comic books. For me, it was certainly the toughest but the most memorable five months in my career.

“I think the beauty of coming to Manchester United was the gaffer’s openness to new ideas and innovation. ProZone, sports psychology, sports science, analytics – it was the beginning of that. It was not only him but definitely the players. The players were a group that wanted to be the best. In some dressing rooms, you get a certain 10-15 per cent like that but, in that dressing room, it was 100 per cent of people who wanted to get better, wanted to win and wanted to improve.

”You’re always looking for the edge. I think the edge was just what the gaffer brought together in that dressing room in terms of the characters. When you looked around, there were so many leaders in there. So many people who could take a game by the scruff of the neck and win games. I think that was the highlight of me going into that kind of environment, with that kind of culture, fierceness, toughness and brutality of those players and their will to win.”

One such player was Beckham, named Man of the Match in the Champions League final against Sunday’s opponents after enduring the fall-out to his red card in the previous summer’s World Cup clash with Argentina. Jeered up and down the country in 1998/99, he responded with the sort of resilience that would become his hallmark.

”Some people crumble,” explained McClaren.“I’d say 99 per cent of people crumble under all that pressure and, at times, hatred, but David thrived on it. It motivated him and gave him strength and steeliness, a mental toughness to overcome that and become better and more determined as a player. He was so influential and one of those players, like I say, who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and win it themselves. A bit like Roy Keane did in the Juventus semi-final.”

For all the brilliance of the individuals, it was a squad game – something the manager introduced really, with four strikers competing for places and nobody guaranteed a spot with so many versatile options available across the park.

“You don’t survive 27 years and win so many trophies and stay at the top of the game without having strengths and one of them was certainly the way the gaffer handled those players and the squad,” added McClaren. ”He planned the season and planned every game, three or four weeks ahead. He pulled players into his office the day before games or on the day of the game to explain why they weren’t playing, whether it was resting, tactical, getting ready or saving energy for the next game.

“A perfect example was when Dwight Yorke was left out of the FA Cup final. He’d never played in one and not played at Wembley so he was desperate for that game, probably more so than even the Champions League final!

”The players never understood it but they accepted it and it was about respect. That was the key thing. They knew their role in the team and knew it was for the benefit of the squad. That was the strength of the dressing room. They wanted to play every minute of every game, and they were actually capable of doing that, but the gaffer introduced squad rotation first and that was the foundation he built the club on.“

www.manutd.com
Old 26-05-2019, 07:06 AM   #129
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MAY: WHY I PARTIED LIKE IT WAS 1999

For those supporters lucky enough to be at the Nou Camp in 1999, David May's celebrations long after the final whistle are bound to stick in the memory.

The defender, a substitute on the night the Reds completed the Treble in incredible circumstances, acted like a conductor to the vast ranks of United fans behind the goal, where Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had instigated the late turnaround against Bayern Munich.

Aside from a chance to roar the sight of Paul Scholes and Roy Keane, in their club suits after sitting the final out due to suspension, lifting the European Cup aloft, May helped generate a real party atmosphere, including urging everybody to follow the lyrics to the chorus of James's 'Sit Down' as it belted out of the tannoy!

“I've had a little bit of stick about it,” revealed May. “Not from United fans but supporters of other clubs as I never played in the Champions League that year.

”I had injuries throughout the season so I missed most of it but the way I look at it is I was a fan that night as well. I was on the bench but just one of the fans in the crowd and I wanted to enjoy it as much as I could because it might never come around again.

“You celebrate. It's a team game and you do what most fans would do, you go mental! It was just a shame ITV, at the time, never kept the cameras running because so much of the celebration was missed. It's a pity because God knows how long we were on the pitch after the game. It was a long time and the celebrations were brilliant really.

“I say it all the time but we've got the best fans in the world. We really have. At times, they become the 12th man to get you over the line. They really do - I'm not just saying that. They are the best - you hear them at every single game, particularly away from home with the hard core. We had about 70 per cent of the stadium that night and from the first minute to the last, they never stopped.

”You're there for the moment and I was there at that moment. I enjoyed it and loved it. You know what? I probably wouldn't change anything. It was the best day of my career. It was something that has never been done before and never been done since. That's how hard it was. We had an unbelievable squad and unbelievable players and an unbelievable manager. It was something I just hope never happens again because it's history.

“We created history that night and nobody has ever done the same thing since.”

May will be donning his boots again for the Treble Reunion match against Bayern on Sunday (kick-off 15:00 BST), with tickets still available to buy for the game.

It will bring back more fond memories for the former Reds defender, who certainly prolonged the celebrations after leaving the Nou Camp on that glorious night.

“We had a great party at the Arts Hotel in Barcelona just after the game,” he recalled. “We didn't get back there until maybe 1am or 2am, but we partied like it was 1999! We really did! Then, you're on the top of a bus going down Deansgate with over one million people cheering you on everywhere. It probably still doesn't sink in then but they are memories that will stay with me for the rest of my life.”

www.manutd.com
Old 26-05-2019, 07:13 AM   #130
Andi Istiabudi
manager

WHAT DID OLE DO THE NIGHT BEFORE THE FINAL?

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could not sleep on the night before Manchester United faced Bayern Munich in the 1999 Champions League final - but it was not down to pre-match nerves.

The Scandinavian striker was sharing a room with Jaap Stam and the big Dutch defender's snoring was keeping Ole awake!

It led to him making a call to a friend and predicting something special would happen at the end of the game.

Solskjaer, of course, came off the bench to help spark one of the dramatic conclusions ever in a European final as the German champions were beaten 2-1 in Barcelona.

Ole sat down with MUTV's Mark Sullivan for a special feature as he reviewed some of the key moments from the epic campaign, and the full 18-minute video is now exclusively available in our Official App.

“There are a couple of things that come to mind, including the flight we took from Manchester to Barcelona with Concorde,” he recalled to MUTV.

“That made me feel sick, so I didn’t enjoy that one at all. When we got to Barcelona we stayed in a nice place just outside there. I stayed in a room with Jaap Stam, who was snoring all the time when we were sleeping, but just the excitement of being in a Champions League final was fantastic.

“My best friend, he’s a nurse, I rang him because Jaap was snoring and I couldn’t sleep, so I went out to the balcony. I rang him and asked if he was going to watch the game and he said he had to leave before the full-time whistle because he had a night shift. I told him that you’ve got to make sure you finish watching the game, because I feel that something special is going to happen.”

Every United fan has seen the winning goal hundreds, if not thousands of times, as Ole prodded the ball into the roof of Oliver Kahn's net, after Teddy Sheringham headed on David Beckham's corner.

“I can’t really remember what I was thinking [before my goal], but, of course, we had just scored [with Sheringham's equaliser] so we had the momentum. I think we all believed that we could get the winner, just as we already had done so many times that season.

“It’s one of those moments when you come outside of your body really because you follow the ball. I’m tightly marked by the Bayern Munich defender and, as the ball is floated in, it’s not going to reach me or the area we’re in.

“So I think the defender lost his concentration and I think he maybe followed the ball and was watching the ball more than watching me, so he let go of me.

“As a striker, I'm always the optimist. You have to hope that the ball lands in your area. It did and then it was just about getting my toe to it.”

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 36
adhie21, AdministratoR, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, astridtiwi, Benzenakusdiana, Blacklist7, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, dhodoadrian, fajrinited, id4y, ipay, Iqbal14, irfi_1, khalid, Kurniawan Ani, Mr.Legend, penk22_, raymond, ricky_cleverley, rio vander vidic, ronald hars, RyanRezha, SatriaRedArmy, schizo, setipp48, SR 7, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, Veliko, vivasoilsolid, YANGWAN, zudomiriku