United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > OUTSIDE UNITED > General Football

Old 07-04-2016, 01:42 PM   #581
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England - News and Rumours

Chris Smalling 'expects' to play key role in heart of England's defence at Euro 2016

* Chris Smalling has been outstanding for Manchester United this season
* Centre-back has big expectations ahead of the European Championship
* The 26-year-old played a 'passenger' role at 2014 World Cup in Brazil

Chris Smalling's Manchester United form makes the defender confident of playing a key part for England this summer.

The 26-year-old has been one of the bright spots in a topsy-turvy campaign at Old Trafford, providing serious competition to David de Gea for United's player of the year award.

Smalling's progress has seen him become an important player for Roy Hodgson and makes him the most certain of the Three Lions' defenders to start at Euro 2016.

The 26-year-old expects to be an integral part of Roy Hodgson's defence at Euro 2016

The United defender has come a long way since his only previous major international tournament two years ago, when he only managed to feature in the World Cup dead-rubber against Costa Rica.

Smalling was forced to play the 'passenger' role he wanted to avoid in Brazil, but believes the trip to France will be different.

'I have bigger expectations this time,' Smalling said. 'Very much so. Hopefully I will be coming off a full season and one where I felt I contributed.

'I feel I have put my name right at the forefront and after playing the last two England games I hope I can keep that shirt and carry on my good form into the summer.

'I fully expect to be a part of it if I can keep this up because club form will get you a starting place.

'Going into the World Cup, it was a very stop-start season for me.

'It wasn't a full consistent run of matches so you cannot necessarily expect to start in a major tournament, but this year is different.

'I have played consistently and I expect to play a good part in France.

Quote:
SMALLING LEAGUE STATS 2015/16

Appearances 28

Shot accuracy: 29%

Chances created: 6

Pass accuracy: 82%

Duels won: 51%

Yellow/red cards: 8/0

Smalling concedes he only played a 'passenger' role during England's disastrous World Cup

'I am happier with myself than I was two years ago. I have stayed injury free and that has enabled my confidence to grow.

'It has helped me to churn out the games and that is something I enjoy. Nobody wants to train every day so the more games the better.

'It is nice to hear yourself being compared to great players. Everyone has their own traits but if you are being compared to players like Rio Ferdinand then you must be doing something well and hopefully I can keep that going.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3527298/Chris-Smalling-expects-play-key-role-heart-England-s-defence-Euro-2016.html
Old 22-04-2016, 01:47 PM   #582
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Wayne Rooney could be dropped at Euro 2016, reveals England boss Roy Hodgson

* Wayne Rooney is set to captain England at Euro 2016 this summer
* However, the 30-year-old forward's place in the team isn't a certainty
* Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy have scored 24 and 22 league goals this term

Roy Hodgson insists Wayne Rooney is a near certainty to make the squad for this summer's European Championship but admits his England captain is now facing stiff competition for a place in his starting line-up in France.

The outstanding form of players like Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Jamie Vardy has put Rooney under real pressure for the first time in his 13-year international career.

Back in Manchester United's starting line-up for their last two games after finally recovering from a knee injury he suffered in mid-February, Rooney is sure to go France barring any further setbacks.

'I don't see any reason (not to select him) if Wayne Rooney is 100 per cent fit and playing matches,' said England's manager at an FA media event this week.

'Much more would have to happen before I said 'I am going to ditch Wayne Rooney now after two years of captaining the team, 20-odd games where he has been an important part of his group'.

'I don't see any reason why his position in the team or as captain, or in the group, put it that way, should be questioned.'

Hodgson nevertheless recognised the quality of Rooney's rival forwards. 'Of course, with the competition that is coming for the places where he plays, I do understand there's questions about 'well, should he be the one playing or should another?' That's another matter altogether.

'But I don't understand why it would be even advisable to leave him out of the squad when he has done such a good job captaining these last two years. I think he merits a place there among the 23.'

England captain Wayne Rooney could lose his place in the starting line-up at Euro 2016 this summer

Hodgson also accepted Rooney is no longer quite the player who burst on to the international scene with those stunning performances at Euro 2004.

'Obviously I think players do have to change,' he said. 'Whether or not you can actually get back to that sort of rampaging style he had as a teenager when you're 30, I don't know.

'But there is no doubt his passion and his energy is undimmed. I don't doubt that for one minute and who knows, maybe we wouldn't be surprised if this speculation about him - should he be playing or not be playing? - might be the type of thing that kicks into gear again that little bit of fervour you're referring to.

'I can't compare him with 2004 but by comparing him in the four years we have been together, I haven't noticed any enormous difference. But 2004 is a long time ago.'

Beyond his obvious ability Hodgson values the experience and leadership Rooney brings to his young squad.

'He has got one great advantage over everybody and that his record of caps and his achievement - 109 games and 51 goals. That alone.

'Even if he never said a word, even if he was a taciturn type or someone who didn't really want to take on board the duties of a captain, that alone would gain him such an enormous amount of respect or power and kudos with the group.

'As it happens, he has also has worked very hard at the other side, if you like, of being an England captain. Of needing to stand up, needing to lead from the front, needing to be the first one into a press conference if things haven't gone well and stand up for the team or speak for the team.

'And within the group he has been very good, in my opinion, at making certain that the environment that we try to create - and are anxious to keep - is kept and that any new players coming in are made to feel a) welcome and b) understand fully the type of things we think are required of them to be a good member of this group/club we're trying to create.

'He has done very, very well in that respect and even when he was injured the last time, he was still in contact with us, still there.' Like Rooney, Jack Wilshere is almost certain to go to France if he is back in action for Arsenal's first team before the end of the season.

Despite his rise at Manchester United, Hodgson believes Marcus Rashford isn't ready yet for an England call

In Rooney's club-mate, Marcus Rashford, England have another talented striker coming through the ranks.

But Hodgson made it fairly clear the time has not yet arrived for the teenager to make the step up to senior international level.

'As far as the national team is concerned, I think it would be a very bold decision to put him in and I think it would mean possibly leaving someone behind who at the moment has more reason to be called up,' he said.

'You never know. The fact is it would be foolish as well to say "no, no, he's not ready — he can't do it."' 'I am sure he could do it.

'I am sure if there were enough spaces available and if we were taking 30 to France, we'd probably be considering him.

'But when it's 23 and we've already got a bit of a headache with the front players, it's asking a lot.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3552712/Wayne-Rooney-dropped-Euro-2016-reveals-England-boss-Roy-Hodgson.html
Old 11-05-2016, 01:49 PM   #583
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Roy Hodgson delays naming England's Euro 2016 squad after Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck is ruled out with knee injury

* England boss Roy Hodgson has delayed naming his squad for Euro 2016
* Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck has been ruled out with a knee injury
* Theo Walcott ideal replacement but lack of first-team chances a concern
* Jesse Lingard has impressed for Manchester United and is a possibility

Roy Hodgson has delayed naming his England squad for this summer’s European Championship after receiving confirmation that Danny Welbeck will miss the tournament because of a knee injury that could even rule him out for the start of next season.

Hodgson met with coaches Ray Lewington and Gary Neville, as well as England doctor Ian Beasley, at Wembley yesterday with a view to naming his squad for France tomorrow.

But Welbeck’s injury setback has left the England manager with a major selection headache that is further complicated by the fact that Jordan Henderson is only just returning to full training and the possibility of more injuries on the concluding weekend of the Barclays Premier League.

Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck has been ruled out of Euro 2016 after he injured his knee on Sunday

Welbeck is a major blow because he would have almost certainly featured in Hodgson’s starting line-up for the opening Euro 2016 clash with Russia on June 11.

Now he is understood to be agonising over his options, aware that Theo Walcott has been struggling to secure regular first team football at Arsenal and Andros Townsend has been part of a Newcastle team in serious danger of relegation.

It could yet open the door to Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard, who Sportsmail understands was discussed in yesterday’s meeting in Hodgson’s Wembley office.

The whole idea of selecting the squad early was out of courtesy to the clubs but Hodgson now realises it makes sense to hold fire when there could be further setbacks.

He is also wondering whether to ask the players he intends to name on standby to report to St George’s Park next Wednesday, aware that he will not have the Manchester United and Liverpool players involved in the FA Cup and Europa League finals available for the friendly against Turkey at the Etihad Stadium on May 22.

Not least because Hodgson likes to train with 11 v 11 and simply won’t have enough bodies unless he asks under 19 players also based at the National Football Centre next week to make up the numbers.

Sportsmail understands that the door has now been left opened for Manchester United Jesse Lingard (right)

The FA would not provide an update on Welbeck’ situation yesterday, stating it was up to Arsenal to clarify the seriousness of a knee injury he suffered last weekend when they receive the results of a scan today. But the fear is the former United striker could even be a doubt for the beginning of the new Premier League season.

Walcott would be the logical selection to replace the injured Welbeck, given - like his team-mate - he can play wide and through the middle.

However, his lack of action for Arsenal has provided Hodgson with a dilemma.

Indeed, Hodgson has held talks with Arsene Wenger over his fitness concerns for Walcott.

Hodgson has lingering concerns over the form and fitness of Walcott ahead of Monday’s announcement.

Walcott has hardly featured for the Gunners in recent months, making it virtually impossible for Hodgson and his backroom team to make qualified assessment on the forward.

Hence, Hodgson has spoken to Wenger to gauge Walcott's performances in training.

Hodgson, it is understood, was impressed by Walcott during the previous international break - but his lack of action at club level is not working in his favour.

The possibility of naming seven defenders rather eight was also considered yesterday, leaving Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka sweating on his place in Hodgson’s plans.

Hodgson is considering sacrificing a centre-back given midfielder Eric Dier can also play in the position.

With Chris Smalling, Gary Cahill and John Stones all ahead of the Everton defender in the pecking order, the 33-year-old could miss out if Hodgson decides to go with just seven defenders.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3583770/Roy-Hodgson-delays-naming-England-s-Euro-2016-squad-Arsenal-striker-Danny-Welbeck-ruled-knee-injury.html
menanjaknya performa Leicester & Spurs musim ini membawa dampak positif bagi timnas Inggris, bbrp pemain kedua tim layak masuk timnas & semoga bisa memberikan dampak di Euro 2016 nanti.
Old 16-05-2016, 01:39 PM   #584
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marcus Rashford is a more realistic deputy for Danny Welbeck than Andy Carroll, says Alan Shearer just hours before England's Euro 2016 squad is announced

* England manager Roy Hodgson will announce Euro 2016 squad on Monday
* Danny Welbeck will not feature after striker was ruled out for nine months
* Alan Shearer says Marcus Rashford is better alternative than Andy Carroll
* Manchester United forward has scored seven goals since February debut

England legend Alan Shearer has said Manchester United youngster Marcus Rashford would be a better wild card option for Roy Hodgson at Euro 2016 than Andy Carroll.

Rashford, 18, has been called up for England's warm-up friendlies following a serious injury to Arsenal's Danny Welbeck.

Although he won't be named in the provisional 23-man squad to be named on Monday for the European Championship, being around the group will make him a live contender should any more knocks occur before the final squad list is officially submitted on May 31.

Marcus Rashford would make a better replacement for Danny Welbeck than Andy Carroll when the England Euro 2016 squad is named, according to Alan Shearer

Shearer, who scored 30 international goals and will work as a BBC pundit this summer, said: 'Rashford has great potential. He's been one of the few positives for one of the world's biggest football clubs this year.

'He may not have got his chance if it wasn't for injuries or suspensions. When he's been in, he hasn't disappointed.

'He has energy and pace and is a more realistic option for Welbeck than Carroll.'

Shearer managed Carroll briefly during Newcastle's relegation season in 2009. The striker has since moved to West Ham where he is in a rich vein of form.

But the former Euro 96 hero and Carroll's fellow Geordie said: 'I don't think referees look favourably upon the likes of Andy at international level.

'Especially in major tournaments, there's foul after foul after foul.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3590960/Marcus-Rashford-realistic-deputy-Danny-Welbeck-Andy-Carroll-says-Alan-Shearer.html
Old 17-05-2016, 12:10 AM   #585
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter

Kejutan, Rashford dipanggil timnas senior

HODGSON: RASHFORD IS A CONTENDER

England manager Roy Hodgson says Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford has a chance of making his final 23-man squad for Euro 2016 after the youngster was named in the coach's initial group.

A total of 26 players have been selected for England's three preparation matches against Turkey (Sunday 22 May, Etihad Stadium), Australia (Friday 27 May, Stadium of Light) and Portugal (Thursday 2 June, Wembley) and Rashford has been included, along with fellow Reds Wayne Rooney and Chris Smalling.

It's Rashford's first senior call-up after a sensational last few months since breaking into the first team and, although he will be unable to play in the first warm-up game due to the FA Cup final, Hodgson has been very impressed with what he's seen from the 18-year-old and is looking forward to working with him.

"He's one of the contenders, of course. The competition for him is quite strong, he'll understand that, but I think he deserves to be selected, certainly in this larger squad," the England boss told a news conference.

"It'll be very interesting to see what he can do, even though we might only see that across the course of one week before I have to name the final 23 as he's involved in the cup final. But I'm pleased to have someone who has had such an outstanding end to the season, a young player and a player I obviously think has got a future if he can continue to develop as he's developed so far.

"It's great to be able to include him and there is no reason that, if he does exceptionally well, why he couldn't knock someone off their perch, but I must make it clear that will be harder than some people would expect because players that have played over the last two years and have done a very good job and helped us qualify, are not going to be easy to knock off their perch."

Hodgson was asked about notable absentees from the squad, one of which is United midfielder Michael Carrick . The England boss had this to say on the 34-year-old's absence.

"Michael actually played a part for us on a regular basis in the last two years but has been unfortunate with injuries. There were tough decisions I had to make but I spoke to the players, who I respect and admire, and had to make a decision as there are only 23 places."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/May/roy-hodgson-says-marcus-rashford-has-a-chance-of-making-final-euro-2016-squad.aspx
penk22_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 02:16 PM   #586
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marcus Rashford can make England's final Euro 2016 squad... why can't he knock someone off their perch, says Roy Hodgson

* England boss Roy Hodgson announced his Euro 2016 squad on Monday
* Marcus Rashford was among the five strikers named in the 26-man squad
* The 18-year-old only made his Manchester United debut in February
* Harry Kane, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge and Jamie Vardy are the other striking options selected by Hodgson in his provisional squad

Marcus Rashford will be given the chance to 'knock someone off their perch' after Roy Hodgson included the uncapped 18-year-old in an expanded 26-man squad for Euro 2016.

Rashford, who has never even played for the under-21s, was the most eye-catching name announced by Hodgson at Wembley on Monday, having only made his Manchester United debut in February.

But seven goals in 16 appearances and an energetic, fearless approach have made him the chief beneficiary of Danny Welbeck's injury woe.

Marcus Rashford, pictured on Under 20 duty, has been named in England's provisional squad for Euro 2016

Quote:
ENGLAND'S 26-MAN PROVISIONAL SQUAD FOR EURO 2016

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley)

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Danny Rose (Tottenham), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham)

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham), Ross Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Andros Townsend (Newcastle), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City)
There is some irony in the fact that his inclusion comes ahead of Theo Walcott, who was handed a shock call-up at 17 for the 2006 World Cup having yet to feature for the Arsenal first team.

Andros Townsend was also preferred after his renaissance at Newcastle, while Jack Wilshere and Jordan Henderson were present after returning to fitness just in time.

With Wayne Rooney, Harry Kane, Daniel Sturridge and Jamie Vardy all ahead of him in the pecking order, Rashford is the likeliest forward to miss the cut but Hodgson insists that is not written in stone.

Rashford may get just one opportunity - against Australia on May 27 - with the FA Cup final ruling him out of the Turkey friendly and Hodgson keen to go into the Wembley send-off against Portugal with his final 23, but he has already shown an aptitude for making a big impression in a small time-frame.

'He's one of the contenders, of course. There's no reason, if he does exceptionally well, why he can't knock someone off their perch,' said Hodgson.

'Marcus taking on that important role of centre-forward at Manchester United at quite a difficult period of time in the year hasn't gone unnoticed from our side. We're keen to see what he can do.

'In the week that we work with him and possibly a game or part of a game that he plays, we might start thinking "we really need this fella, he is actually better than some of the others we were contemplating ahead of him certainly a few months ago".'

'Some people come from nowhere a bit quicker than others and his has been more akin to a Wayne Rooney or Raheem Sterling rise.'

While that will be music to Rashford's ears, it will clearly take something special to disrupt the established order.

Fitness-allowing Rooney, Kane and Vardy appear untouchable, leaving Liverpool's Sturridge the most vulnerable to a late change of plan.

But Hodgson also has plenty of attack-minded players in midfield, with Sterling, Ross Barkley and Adam Lallana all happy to operate further forward.

'You'll see that the competition for places is quite enormous,' said Hodgson.

'I am pretty certain that he looks down that list he will be thinking 'this won't be easy for me to break in' and neither should it be.

'I must make it clear that it will be harder than some people expect because the people who've played over the past two years have done a very good job for us.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3592940/Marcus-Rashford-make-England-s-final-Euro-2016-squad-t-knock-perch-says-Roy-Hodgson.html
Old 19-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #587
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney backs Marcus Rashford to push Roy Hodgson for a place in his final Euro squad

* Marcus Rashford, 18, has scored eight goals in his breakthrough season
* The striker was selected as part of Hodgson's 26-man preliminary squad
* Rooney praises 'extraordinary' Rashford and says he 'deserves it'
* The teenager has scored five goals from eight shots in the Premier League

Wayne Rooney has welcomed Marcus Rashford's deserved England call-up and expects the Manchester United teenager to push Roy Hodgson for a place in the final Euro 2016 squad.

Less than three months after bursting onto the scene at Old Trafford, the 18-year-old has been selected as one of the 26 players for the Three Lions' upcoming preparation matches.

Rashford was the stand-out inclusion in Monday's squad and celebrated with a fine strike the following day as United overcame Bournemouth 3-1, taking his tally to eight goals in 17 matches.

It is a breakthrough that has thoroughly impressed Rooney, who fully expects his teenage team-mate to shine when he links up with England.

'Yeah, it is (extraordinary) but he deserves it,' the United captain told MUTV of Rashford's rise.

'I think first of all it has just been great to see his attitude for a young lad.

'He has come in, listened to the manager and the players, worked hard and got a really good attitude.

Wayne Rooney offers Rashford a high five after the pair combined well to break down a stubborn Bournemouth

Quote:
RASHFORD'S SEASON IN NUMBERS

Premier League: 11 Appearances, 5 Goals

FA Cup: 3 Appearances, 1 Goal

Europa League: 3 Appearances, 2 Goals

Yellow Cards: 1

Red Cards: 0

Assists: 2
'He fully deserves his chance at Manchester United and now in the England squad.

'I am sure he will give Roy a difficult decision to make in terms of trying to get into the 23.'

United's involvement in the FA Cup final rules Rashford out of Sunday's friendly against Turkey, but the striker could be in line for his international debut against Australia on May 27.

Hodgson plans to name his final Euro 2016 squad in the days following that match, ahead of the May 31 deadline to confirm the squad to UEFA.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3596606/Manchester-United-captain-Wayne-Rooney-backs-Marcus-Rashford-push-Roy-Hodgson-way-place-23-man-squad.html
Old 23-05-2016, 01:40 PM   #588
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marcus Rashford is the main rival to Harry Kane as England's number one striker, says former forward Ian Wright

* Ian Wright believes Marcus Rashford must make the final Euro 2016 squad
* Rashford, 18, has enjoyed a remarkable rise to prominence this season
* The Manchester United teenager is challenging Kane, says Wright
* England boss Roy Hodgson must still cut his squad from 26 to a final 23

Marcus Rashford is the only man capable of challenging Harry Kane as England's main striker.

And the young Manchester United starlet must make Roy Hodgson's final 23-man squad for Euro 2016, according to former England forward Ian Wright.

Hodgson selected Rashford, who is just 18 and in his first season of senior football, in his extended squad for the tournament in France. And although he says Kane is the man to lead England's line, Wright believes Rashford is a rival to his number nine shirt.

Marcus Rashford is the main rival to Harry Kane as England's main striker, according to Ian Wright

'Kane has cemented himself as the number one guy in that position,' Wright said as part of ITV's coverage of England's friendly with Turkey.

'He plays it the best out of the other guys we’ve got. We’ve still got Daniel Sturridge who can come in but the only person I can see who is going to cause Kane some problems in that role up there is young Rashford.'

Unheard of just a matter of months ago, Rashford has enjoyed a remarkable rise to stardom.

Thrust into United's team as a late replacement for their Europa League clash with Midtjylland in February, Rashford scored twice in that game and hasn't looked back.

He's netted eight goals in 18 appearances for the Old Trafford side, regularly starting as Louis Van Gaal's main striker despite his tender years.

His form at club level saw him become the one shock selection in Hodgson's extended party for Euro 2016.

The England boss still has to cut his squad by three before the start of the tournament but Wright believes Rashford must be involved in France.

The only possible worry for Rashford is the knee injury he suffered in the FA Cup final at Wembley

Full of praise for the Manchester product, Wright added: 'The movement he’s got… At first I was saying we shouldn’t take him because I don’t want to rush him in but I’ve watched him in the last three or four games and I watched him again yesterday (in the FA Cup final).

'He’s good. The way he takes it on, his movement. The way he holds the ball up and the pace. He's top class.'

Hodgson has Kane, Rashford, Sturridge, captain Wayne Rooney and Leicester's Jamie Vardy as his current attacking options.

Rashford did suffer a knee injury in United's FA Cup final win over Crystal Palace on Saturday but Wright's fellow pundit Lee Dixon agrees he must be involved if fit.

He feels the likes of Fabian Delph and Danny Drinkwater are the most at threat of missing out when Hodgson makes his final cut.

'For me I think Rashford goes,' Dixon said.

'The defence and goalkeepers are set so you have to look at the midfield. Jordan Henderson is on the bench today, he has to get on and get some game time and impress.

'If he proves his fitness, he goes. It’s the same with Jack Wilshere. If they’re both fit, they both go.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3603550/Marcus-Rashford-main-rival-Harry-Kane-England-s-number-one-striker-says-former-forward-Ian-Wright.html
Old 26-05-2016, 02:00 PM   #589
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Daniel Sturridge facing possible Euro 2016 axe after Liverpool striker's injury woes resurface to open door for Marcus Rashford

* Marcus Rashford is in line to start for England against Australia on Friday
* Daniel Sturridge is a doubt for the friendly after an unspecified knock
* Sturridge’s mental and physical fragility has been a concern for some time
* Liverpool striker underwent a scan at Manchester City’s training ground

Daniel Sturridge is in danger of missing Euro 2016, with teenage sensation Marcus Rashford ready to seize the opportunity to join England in France this summer.

Liverpool striker Sturridge has complained of a calf injury, making him a doubt for Friday’s friendly against Australia at the Stadium of Light in Sunderland.

If Sturridge is ruled out, Manchester United’s 18-year-old Rashford will almost certainly start in a 90-minute audition for a place in manager Roy Hodgson’s final 23-man party.

Injury-prone Sturridge, 26, had a scan on Tuesday but this latest setback will be a major concern for Hodgson in the build-up to England’s opening Euro 2016 group game against Russia on June 11 in Marseille.

Until this week Sturridge had gone four months without an injury - his longest spell since June 2014 - and managed to end the domestic season as Liverpool’s leading scorer with 13 goals, including a brilliant effort in last week’s 3-1 Europa League final loss to Sevilla.

Daniel Sturridge is in danger of missing Euro 2016 after complaining about a calf injury during training

Sturridge had a scan on Tuesday at Manchester City’s training ground, where England have been based this week.

The extent of the injury is unclear but the problem was serious enough for him to sit out Wednesday’s training session.

FA officials were not prepared to explain his absence, creating a sense of mystery around the situation. But sources confirmed that it is indeed another injury scare for a striker who has played only 58 minutes of international football since September 2014.

Sturridge’s fragility - mental as well as physical - has been a concern for some time.

In November, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp expressed his frustration with the 26-year-old’s apparent inability to play with any level of pain, particularly when returning from injury.

‘Your body has to learn to adapt to new intensities of training and in this time you have to learn what is serious pain and what is only pain,’ said Klopp, in reference to Sturridge.

Until this week Sturridge had gone four months without an injury — his longest spell since June 2014 — and managed to end the domestic season as Liverpool’s leading scorer with 13 goals.

He would say that is down to the personalised training plan that has been devised for him by the Anfield medical staff, and one has to wonder if a change of circumstances with England does unsettle him.

England manager Roy Hodgson talks Marcus Rashford and it is believed he was told he will start on Friday

He has a terrible injury record when on international duty, having pulled up on four previous occasions - in May 2013, September 2013, November 2013 and September 2014.

Hodgson will be hugely disappointed by this latest setback, not least because Sturridge underlined his quality with a stunning goal in last week’s Europa League final.

That game meant he missed Sunday’s 2-1 victory over Turkey and therefore needed to be involved in the Australia game, if only as a substitute.

The FA confirmed that, contrary to what he said after the Turkey match, Hodgson plans to select an ‘experimental side’ against the Socceroos.

That almost certainly means a start for Rashford, who could now clinch a place in Hodgson’s final 23-man party for Euro 2016.

Hodgson is an admirer of the United youngster, who can count England assistant Gary Neville among his biggest fans.

Together, they see something special in a player who has so far scored eight goals in 18 matches for his club.

When Hodgson selected Rashford in his initial 26-man squad, the manager insisted he was not there to make up the numbers. As Hodgson said, he has the ability to ‘knock someone off their perch’.

A number of other players will be striving to do the same when they line up in Sunderland.

Fraser Forster is expected to come in for Joe Hart in goal, while Nathaniel Clyne will be invited to stake a claim for the right-back berth ahead of Kyle Walker.

With Gary Cahill also missing training on Wednesday, there is the intriguing prospect of John Stones starting alongside Chris Smalling in the central defensive partnership many would favour for France.

In midfield, Jack Wilshere and Jordan Henderson are expected to play, mainly because both have recently returned from injury and need match time. Hodgson also wants another look at Danny Drinkwater.

With Harry Kane rested and Jamie Vardy given time off to get married, Hodgson is also expected to spring a surprise with his forwards.

Rashford and Adam Lallana should start, with Wayne Rooney perhaps deployed on the opposite flank to Lallana.

That said, Hodgson will be mindful of the fact he still needs to study the merits of Ross Barkley, Andros Townsend and Fabian Delph.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3609645/Daniel-Sturridge-facing-possible-Euro-2016-axe-Liverpool-striker-s-injury-woes-resurface-open-door-Marcus-Rashford.html
Old 01-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #590
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

sayang sekali Drinkwater gak masuk timnas. kalo saya jadi pelatih, mending buang Sturridge atau salah satu dari Dier/Wilshere

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 125
4ntdarma, Aba_MaczUnited, adaastopa5922, alandesta, alfafianjihan, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, amed_aja, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andryizumi, annetapitt5084, Ardiey11, arymashuda, Aso Chrisjefta, ayahocta, Aziiz_rachman, banadegea, bbobbyitta5057, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, bombom, braausasda9593, christof_ww, d10neladitya, dandymunandar, DermawanIsUnitedFans, der_emperor, dhanz77, ecly_watchaa, Efri Loebay, enzosr017, fadilbedil, Fajar_, fajrinited, farizexx, Febri Angga, febza, fey777, finza_13, franky winata, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, Gustiono, h-ANG, hanifutd, HaRrY-UIK, Hendy, HenryRooney07, iamsetia, IBlomqvist15, ibrahim definta, id4y, Igitz, irfanbana, irfi_1, irulrozikin, jehnzhulze7993, jifortin, julius. luturmas, Kanga, Kurnia Alif, kykyba7, Legolash, MCR7, mousetrap, mspxxs4z, Nachir_79, NdeGue, Noe26, octus, ollacarla, Om Juna, Ompiter, Oom Panda, OSziXXoztn, paiman, Peace_Devils, penk22_, prahmono, Rean, Redsbusby, refcool_devils, renandez, RezVsRiz, richoeka, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, sepatu_ancur, Sir Alex Kopler, smile_boy, stamansa, theater of dream, TianSeptiandi, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, unai cantona, united7, utdMaleoLuwuk, Uwie_andriana, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, Victory, vivasoilsolid, wazzapoetra, wira_ozora, word89vkodv, xkeiszglf34, x_ray, yudhi_kentankz, zircon tri hafid, zudomiriku