United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Lounge

Old 22-02-2021, 09:04 AM   #171
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manchester United under Solskjaer

'I'm never going to say it's done until it's done': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer refuses to concede defeat in the title race despite sitting 10 points adrift of Man City after United reclaimed second place

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was in optimistic mood after his side's win over Newcastle
* Goals from Marcus Rashford, Daniel James and Bruno Fernandes sealed victory
* Solskjaer said the race isn't over despite Manchester City winning yet again
* Pep Guardiola's men now have 18 victories on the spin in all competitions

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is refusing to concede defeat in the Premier League title race after his Manchester United side saw off Newcastle to reclaim second spot from Leicester and stay within 10 points of leaders Manchester City.

The Red Devils took the lead against the strugglers thanks to a piece of individual Marcus Rashford brilliance on the half-hour mark before Allan Saint-Maximin hit back six minutes later.

Solskjaer's men got their noses back in front thanks to Daniel James before Bruno Fernandes tucked home from the spot to seal a 3-1 win after Rashford had been clipped by Arsenal loanee Joe Willock.

Manchester United remain within 10 points of City and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is still optimistic. Bruno Fernandes tucked home the hosts' third from the spot to secure the win over Newcastle

Despite City claiming their 18th successive win in all competitions after beating Arsenal 1-0, the United legend is not giving up hope of reeling in their arch rivals.

'I'm never going to say it's done until it's done,' he added. 'You've seen so many examples of teams hanging in there: do your own jobs and something might happen.

'We just think about our own games. It's not like we are going to think we'll lose as there's no point. We've loads to play for.

'We've got to be there just in case, but every game is important. Every time we get three points we've done our job. That's what we've got to do and then see what other teams do.

'We had to find a way to win it in the second half. The first half wasn't up to the standard we wanted. It took us to half time to get our legs and energy.'

By contrast, Steve Bruce's charges are looking over their shoulder after 18th-placed Fulham cut the gap between them to just three points on Saturday following a nailbiting win over Sheffield United.

'I agree it's gloomy, but I was pleased with the performance today. I'm still quietly confident that we'll get the results we need,' insisted under-pressure Magpies boss Steve Bruce.

'Everyone near the bottom will be looking nervously over their shoulder. I've been saying for many years it is about the accumulation of points.

'We've been stuck on 25 points for a little while. We have to win a few games to get to that magic figure, whatever it is.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9284733/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-refuses-concede-defeat-title-race-Manchester-United-win.html
mending fokus mempertahankan posisi diklasemen, jangan sampai tersalip sama yg dibawahnya kayak Leicester, WHU, Chelsea dan membenahi lini belakang jangan sampai terlalu gampang bobol. City lagi onfire susah mau mengharapkan mereka terpeleset seperti Atletico dan Munchen yg makin dekat gapnya dengan posisi 2
Old 01-03-2021, 09:50 AM   #172
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Frustrated Roy Keane admits he was 'annoyed' with Manchester United's 'lack of quality' in 'boring' stalemate with Chelsea as he hits out at his old side for failing to attack and being happy not to lose the big games

* Roy Keane admitted he was 'annoyed' watching Manchester United's 0-0 draw
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side failed to score against Chelsea in Premier League
* Keane slammed his old club for a 'lack of quality' in 'boring' stalemate with Blues

Roy Keane admitted he was 'annoyed' while watching Manchester United draw 0-0 with Premier League rivals Chelsea.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side failed to score at Stamford Bridge and now sit 12 points behind Premier League leaders and rivals Manchester City.

The former Red Devils midfielder slammed his old club for a 'lack of quality' in their 'boring' stalemate with the London club.

Keane told Sky Sports: 'It was a poor game, I was getting more annoyed as the game went on.

Roy Keane admitted he was 'annoyed' while watching Manchester United draw 0-0 vs Chelsea. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side failed to score at Stamford Bridge in a 'boring' stalemate

'No desire to get in the box. Real lack of quality from United. The big games where they’ve not produced, that must be a concern.

'They do try and win, but these games I think their mindset is let’s not be beaten. I think United are looking at teams behind them rather than trying to win matches and chase Man City down.

'I think they’re concentrating on let's cement that second place. Sometimes you can have a 0-0 and have a great game, but some of these games have been really boring considering there’s good attacking players on the team.

Keane also took a shot at United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for being happy to just not lose

'When you’re at one of the big teams the onus is on winning football matches.'

He also took a shot at both Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel for playing too reserved and trying to keep a clean sheet.

'The first thing the managers will say in interviews is they’re pleased with clean sheets, teams I played for wanted to score goals,' he added.

'We might concede one but lets try and score goals, that was more important than a clean sheet.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9309867/Roy-Keane-admits-annoyed-Manchester-Uniteds-lack-quality.html
kalo kasarnya menurut Keane cuma incar seri aja, yg penting jangan kalah. sisi positifnya 20 pertandingan away tanpa kalah
Old 01-03-2021, 12:47 PM   #173
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Gary Neville claims Manchester United have a 'far better' chance of winning the title under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer than they did with Jose Mourinho and his 'strange bunch of lads'... as he insists club is going 'in the right direction' after draw at Chelsea

* Manchester United drew 0-0 at Chelsea to fall further behind in the title race
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side are now 12 points behind leaders Manchester City
* Gary Neville hit out at the United side assembled by former boss Jose Mourinho
* Neville says United are more likely to win the title under Solskjaer at the moment

Gary Neville claims Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has a better chance of winning the title with Manchester United than Jose Mourinho ever did in his two-and-a-half season at Old Trafford.

Solskjaer's United drew 0-0 at Chelsea on Sunday afternoon, a result which solidifed the Red Devils' place in the top-four but distanced the gap between Premier League leaders Manchester City to 12 points.

Mourinho's greatest season at Old Trafford saw him finish second to Pep Guardiola's City in the 2017-18 season - 19 points behind the champions that year - before being sacked six months later with the club languishing in mid-table.

Gary Neville claims Man United are more likely to win the Premier League title under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (left0 than they ever did with Jose Mourinho (right). Solskjaer's United drew 0-0 with Chelsea on Sunday afternoon to go 12 points off the top

Neville claims that Mourinho formed a 'strange bunch of lads' during his time at United and claims the togetherness shown by Solskjaer's squad means they are better-equipped for the title.

The former United defender told Sky Sports: 'Over the last 12 months, Manchester United have put an incredible run of results together. The points tally has been big, year to year.

'To actually go 20 games away from home needs applauding because it's hard to do that. What do you use to demonstrate teams that have got good character and personality?

'They're good away from home, they're good on set pieces, they look like they want to play with each other.

Neville claims Solskjaer's side are happier than Mourinho's team that finished second in 2018. Neville claims the players Mourinho assembled at Old Trafford 'did not like each other'

'That's why I think this Manchester United team is better suited than the one from two or three years ago under Jose Mourinho that finished second. I actually feel there's a better spirit.

'I think they've got a far better chance of winning the league in the next two or three years than they were under Jose a couple of years ago.

'I thought it was a strange bunch of lads, they just didn't seem to like each other. They didn't really appeal to me as a fan.'

Mourinho arrived at Old Trafford in the summer of 2016 and brought in the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Henrikh Mkhitaryan Paul Pogba straight away, with Romelu Lukaku, Nemanja Matic, Alexis Sanchez and Victor Lindelof arriving in the following season.

The majority of Mourinho's signings were moved on by Solskjaer when he replaced the iconic Portuguese coach at Old Trafford, with the club adopting a different transfer strategy under the Norwegian.

Solskjaer has overseen the signing of younger talents including Daniel James, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Amad Diallo - while several of the club's youth team stars such as Mason Greenwood, Shola Shoretire and Axel Tuanzebe are enjoying more first-team minutes.

The former United defender praised the togetherness that Solskjaer's squad are showing. Neville claims United are closer to winning the title than Thomas Tuchel's Chelsea

Neville also claims that United are closer to the Premier League title than Chelsea, who recently sacked club legend Frank Lampard to bring in former Paris Saint-Germain coach Thomas Tuchel.

The German has enjoyed an unbeaten start to life at Stamford Bridge despite facing the likes of United, Atletico Madrid and Mourinho's Tottenham in his opening matches.

When asked about United's chances of the title, Neville said: 'I think they're going in the right direction. Whether they get there or not, that's another matter; we'll know in the future. But they're certainly going in the right direction.'

'I think United are nearer (than Chelsea). I think Chelsea got some work to do on the defence.

'I think that there's some maturity in their players in attack - (Kai) Havertz, (Timo) Werner, (Christian) Pulisic, (Hakim) Ziyech - I think there are outstanding talents there, but they've all got to merge.

'But it won't take much from Chelsea's point of view to get there, it's whoever recruits better in the summer, which players develop more, and which managers can get the best out of the players.

'But I'd say that for United this season to finish second would be a huge advance on last season.

'For Chelsea to get into the top four under Tuchel I think would be very good. And then they've both got to try and win another trophy if they can.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9310679/Gary-Neville-says-Man-United-better-chance-winning-title-Solskjaer-Mourinho.html
Old 18-03-2021, 09:31 AM   #174
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'The cups are sometimes an ego thing for managers': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer takes aim at his Manchester United predecessors as he insists Jose Mourinho and Louis van Gaal left him with 'big rebuild' after pursuing trophies instead of league progress

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has led Manchester United into second place in the league
* He has yet to win a trophy as manager at the club, having lost four semi-finals
* The 48-year-old suggested that league progress is much more important
* Both Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho lifted silverware during their reigns

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has taken a swipe at his Manchester United predecessors for their fixation on trophies, as he insists his Old Trafford rebuild is showing sure signs of progress.

The Norwegian has been in charge at United for two-and-a-half years, with the club reaching four semi-finals in all competitions during his reign, but losing each of them. They are, however, second in the Premier League - 12 points better off than at the same stage in 2020.

It is now four years since the club, who became synonymous with success under Sir Alex Ferguson, last lifted any major trophy.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has taken aim at his Manchester United predecessors over their progress

That came courtesy of Jose Mourinho, who led the side to three separate successes during his time in charge, lifting the League Cup and Europa League, while the Portuguese would also point to their Community Shield success.

Before him, Louis van Gaal led them to FA Cup success, but failed to finish inside the top four.

And Solskjaer has questioned the logic behind chasing cup accolades, suggesting that it does nothing but fulfil the ‘ego’ of managers.

‘When you see the culture here, I see progress every day. It's for others how much to assess there's been an improvement,’ said the 48-year-old ahead of United’s Europa League last-16 clash with AC Milan.

United have not won a trophy since lifting the Europa League under Mourinho back in 2017. Mourinho lifted three trophies with United, but lost his job following poor league results

‘We're all aiming to win trophies at this club, but sometimes the trophy can hide other things that are happening at the club.

‘It's in the league positions that you see whether you're progressing, really. The cups you can be lucky or unlucky. Of course we're aiming to win, that's why you play football.

‘I felt a big rebuild had to be made. The league is always the bread and butter and that's when you see how capable you are.

‘The cups are sometimes an ego thing for managers and clubs. It's not like a trophy will say 'we are back', no. It's gradual progression at the top of the league. Sometimes the cup competitions can hide your progress a bit.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9372187/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-takes-aim-Manchester-United-predecessors-trophy-obsession.html
Old 19-03-2021, 09:51 AM   #175
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

A trophy for Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would give real BELIEF... a four-year drought is not acceptable for a club of their stature and nights like in Milan should take on plenty of prominence going forward

* Manchester United beat AC Milan in the Europa League last-16 on Thursday
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is yet to win a trophy since his appointment in 2019
* United need to demonstrate they can find a way in these tight knockout games

There was definitely some merit in what Ole Gunnar Solskjaer preached before this statement victory. Manchester United, to his mind, should be judged by how it is going in the Premier League.

He pointed towards the point swing on this time last season as proof they head in the correct direction.

That is all true, although improvement was a non-negotiable given they finished 33 points behind champions Liverpool.

So while the additional 12 points at the same stage this year is progress, much less might have represented something of an underachievement.

In his address, Solskjaer mentioned that lifting cup competitions are for the egotistical, basically the Jose Mourinhos of this world, and can mask deep-rooted deficiencies at the heart of a club.

Mourinho won two of them in his first year, of course - one being this very competition - before his tenure unravelled.

Solskjaer could surely do with a trophy though, and there is nothing wrong with a bit of ego. Cultural reset or not, a four-year drought is nowhere near acceptable for a club of United's stature and so nights like this should perhaps take more prominence than their manager suggested.

A trophy this season would give real belief to Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. United held out as Milan piled on the pressure to ensure their place in Europa League quarters

That is why for the players, Thursday night was such a significant one, even in an echoing San Siro.

Ahead of a huge few days, with Leicester City to come in the FA Cup quarter-finals on Sunday, United needed to demonstrate they can find a way in these tight knockout games.

'It's not like a trophy will say that we're back, no,' Solskjaer reasoned. Maybe not completely, but it will offer a feeling of belief that can be harnessed.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9378493/A-trophy-Manchester-United-boss-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-real-belief.html
1 trophy musim ini (ental EL atau FA) bisa menyelamatkan musimnya Ole di PL, padahal sempat memimpin puncak klasemen dan memberikan kepercayaan diri & team di musim depan
Old 22-03-2021, 12:24 PM   #176
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hails Portuguese-speaking stars Fred, Bruno Fernandes and Alex Telles for bringing the fun back to the Manchester United dressing room

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said Man United's dressing room is too 'A4' without them
* The Norwegian hailed Bruno Fernandes, Fred and Alex Telles' energy and smiles
* Sunday's tie against Leicester could represent a chance for Mason Greenwood
* Talks are ongoing with Edinson Cavani about extending his stay at Old Trafford

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has thanked his Portuguese-speaking stars headed by Fred and Bruno Fernandes for bringing the fun back to Old Trafford.

Referring to the standard size of paper, Solskjaer jokingly said the dressing-room was too 'A4' without the Latin influence. United's spirit sees them second in the league and in the quarter-finals of Europa League and FA Cup, where they play Leicester on Sunday.

'They are three peas in a pod - Fred, Bruno and Alex (Telles),' revealed Solskjaer.

'They hang around each other. They watch all the Brazilian and Portuguese games and it's crazy the way they keep pushing each other on, practising free kicks and shots from outside the box.

'It's great to have these characters around the dressing room because it's a tough enough season if everyone is just going to focus on themselves and be, as we call it, A4. Like me for example!

'It's great to have groups with energy and a bit of smile. Who put the Brazilian samba music on.'

With Marcus Rashford and Edinson Cavani struggling with injury, Sunday's tie could represent a big chance for teenager Mason Greenwood who has scored only once in 26 games having netted 18 times last season.

'I'm telling him to just keep playing as well as he does and stop thinking when he gets in and around the box because he will score them,' said Solskjaer,

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has thanked his Portuguese-speaking stars headed by Fred and Bruno Fernandes for bringing the fun back to Manchester United. Solskjaer described Fernandes, Fred and Alex Telles as three peas in a pod at the club. Solskjaer jokingly said the dressing-room was too 'A4' without the Latin influence

'He's got those instincts and I'm saying to just make your decision quickly, don't even think about it, the goals will come. His overall game has improved so much.

'Too many people are too concerned about stats and look just at assists and goals and his contribution to the team is way above what he was doing last season – except for the goals. And they will come.'

Greenwood, sent home by Gareth Southgate for breaking Covid protocols earlier this season, has been selected by the England under-21s for their European Championship games this month but Rashford is a doubt for the senior games against San Marino, Albania and Poland having come off after 45 minutes against AC Milan last week.

'Of course if he can't play for us against Leicester then it is more difficult to go and travel with England because then (the knock) is more serious than just a day or two,' said Solskjaer.

Talks are ongoing with Cavani about extending his stay at Old Trafford with United acknowledging they will look elsewhere for a centre-forward if the Uruguayan is intent on returning to South America.

'We want a competitive squad and we need someone up there to score the goals for us. So we're looking (at it),' admitted the United boss.

'We're speaking to Eddy. Edinson is a top striker and whatever he decides to do, let's see. We're in good dialogue with him.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9384071/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-hails-Portuguese-speaking-stars-bringing-energy-Manchester-United.html

Last edited by zudomiriku; 26-03-2021 at 09:46 AM..
zudomiriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2021, 09:49 AM   #177
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Old 16-04-2021, 10:24 AM   #178
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists 'the disappointment of defeats' will push Manchester United on as they bid to make their first final at the FIFTH attempt under Norwegian boss following Europa League quarter-final victory

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is bidding to at last reach a final with Manchester United
* United pulled off a convincing 4-0 aggregate win over Granada on Thursday
* Now only Roma stand in their way of making the Europa League final in Gdansk

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits he is hoping to make it fifth time lucky with Manchester United after the club fell short in four semi-finals across last season and the current campaign under his leadership.

Solskjaer watched on at Old Trafford as United took a routine 2-0 victory over Granada to seal passage to the Europa League semi-finals with a commanding 4-0 aggregate scoreline.

Now, only Roma stand in United's way of making a European final under Solskjaer, and the Norwegian is under no false pretenses that the task will be a difficult one.

'Let's hope so,' said Solskjaer, when asked by reporters if United can now put their semi-finals curse to bed, following the final whistle on Thursday.

'You know, when you get to a semi, that's the nature of the game - you're playing against good teams.

'We played against some good teams but we relish the chance again to go to a final.

'I've seen the determination, the attitude in every player that we want to go one further.

'The disappointment of the defeats that we've had, they give us the motivation to go one step further and hopefully end the season on a high.'

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is bidding to reach a final with Manchester United in the Europa League

Marcus Rashford's strike and a late Bruno Fernandes penalty in Granada last week put the Red Devils in control of their quarter-final tie against the European debutants.

United followed that up with another 2-0 win on Thursday, when Edinson Cavani's early volley and a late Jesus Vallejo own goal sealed a 4-0 aggregate triumph and the club's 18th continental semi-final.

Roma stand between Solskjaer's side and the Gdansk finale - a tie which brings back memories of United's remarkable 8-3 aggregate triumph against the Italian side in the 2007 Champions League quarter-finals.

Solskjaer was involved in both legs and the current Giallorossi side includes Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Chris Smalling - starters when United won the Europa League in 2017.

'We lost the away game but the odd thing was the manager (Sir Alex Ferguson) was so happy after that defeat - I've never seen him that happy after losing a game,' the United boss said, having provided an assist in the 2-1 away loss before coming on in the 7-1 Old Trafford triumph.

'He was so confident we were going to win the home game so [it was a] surreal experience, really.

'We need to make the most of it. We've got a chance to go to a final.

'Today, well done. Disciplined job, professional and not really under too much pressure.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9476995/Solskjaer-insists-disappointment-defeats-push-Man-United-Europa-League-final.html
Old 29-04-2021, 10:15 AM   #179
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tells his players their 'dream' of winning the Europa League can be the start of MORE Man United success, as he allows himself to think of lifting the trophy ahead of semi-final against Roma

* Manchester United take on Roma in the Europa League semi-finals on Thursday
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is yet to win a trophy since becoming United boss in 2018
* He says winning the Europa League would be a big step forward for his players

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says it will be a dream come true to lift a trophy as Manchester United manager as he prepares for the Europa League semi-final against Roma.

Solskjaer won the Champions League and six Premier League titles as a player at Old Trafford, as well as the FA Cup and Intercontinental Cup, but he has yet to deliver any silverware in two-and-a-half years as manager.

Thursday's first leg against Roma at Old Trafford will be his fifth semi-final as United boss and he is determined to go one better after four disappointments.

'It will be a dream come true the day I can lift a trophy for this club as manager, of course. That's what we're building for,' he said.

'We've been told we're building step by step, taking the next step, it's ifs and buts and this and that and you always talk about that.

'But for this team and myself, our ambition is to finish with lifting a trophy and being able to celebrate. I know how much that can mean for a group moving forward.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says it would be a 'dream' to lift a trophy as Manchester United boss. Solskjaer believes it would be a big boost to his players if they were to win the Europa League

'You know when you come to the business end of the season, the main thing is arriving there, being there, being in and around the important games, being in good form and having confidence and belief like we do have now.

'It's to have that little bit of luck but also that quality that's needed. We've done remarkably well to get to five semis in a little bit more than a season but of course now we'd like to go all the way. That would mean so much to the end of the season, if we have a final to look forward to.'

United's last trophy was the Europa League under Jose Mourinho in 2017 when they beat Ajax in Stockholm, and Solskjaer added: 'We've had a great night in this tournament before at the club. We know how much it means for a team and the whole club.

'Our focus now is to get to the final and make sure that the end of the season can finish with a celebration. As soon as we went out of the Champions League, our eyes and focus was on let's get to the final.'

United last won a trophy in 2017 when Jose Mourinho guided them to Europa League glory

Solskjaer believes United are in a better position than when they faced Sevilla at the same stage last season in a one-off game in Cologne, not least because a top-four finish in the Premier League is all but guaranteed.

'I would like to think so,' he said. 'The players have had another year, they're more experienced and they've come through difficult times.

'It was a strange end to last season with a tournament and even though we wanted to get to the final it was a strange atmosphere and feeling staying in Germany.

'Now with the motivation of having those disappointments, I feel very confident we get a good performance. That's the thing. You come to a situation like this, the team is in good form, it's comfortable and you just then hope we can produce on the night.

'That's what it's about, producing in 90 or 180 minutes, having that quality and some luck at times to get to the final.

'We've looked at all the semis and the reasons why but every semi-final is a tough one. You play against very, very good teams. Some defeats you dwell on a little bit more, you analyse a little bit more.

'It's about putting things right but it's arriving in this moment with an almost fully fit squad. We're in a better position.

'We've had situations where maybe we've rested a couple that we thought we needed for a game the next week which has been criticised and talked about, but we made those decisions with the right reasons behind it. Now we're going to go all out. We've got Liverpool in between but that will take care of itself.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9521285/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-says-dream-come-true-lift-trophy-Manchester-United-boss.html
Old 07-05-2021, 10:22 AM   #180
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'It's made by people who have never played football at this level': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hits out at 'physically impossible' schedule of five games in 15 days after Manchester United reach Europa League final

* United face Aston Villa on May 9, Leicester on May 11 and Liverpool on May 13
* Solskjaer's side then take on Fulham on May 18 and travel to Wolves on May 23
* The Red Devils face Unai Emery's Villarreal in the Europa League final on May 26

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hit out at the gruelling schedule his side face with five matches in 15 days after reaching the Europa League final.

The Europa League final offers United a chance to secure their first silverware since winning the competition in 2017, but they have a lot to deal with before then.

Solskjaer leads his side to Aston Villa on Sunday before hosting third-placed Leicester on Tuesday and then Liverpool next Thursday.

United host Fulham on May 18 before travelling to Wolves on May 23. The Europa League final takes place on May 26.

He told BT Sport: 'It's unheard of. It's made by people who have never played football at this level. It's physically impossible for the players. We have not been dealt a good hand. We are going to need everyone for these four games. It's a short turnaround but we have to be ready.'

He added: 'It feels good to be in the final. We played one very, very good half at Old Trafford which has taken us through.

'I'm disappointed we lost - especially the way we played in the second half.

'It could easily have been 8-6 to them. It was a strange game. We kept giving them the ball but luckily we have one of the the best keepers in the world. We are in the final and are looking forward to May 26.'

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has blasted Manchester United's upcoming schedule of fixtures

Solskjaer heaped praise on Edinson Cavani and David De Gea after reaching the Europa League final.

Having beaten Roma 6-2 in last week's semi-final first leg at Old Trafford, the Red Devils sealed their shot at glory against Unai Emery's Villarreal on May 26 despite losing the return leg on Thursday.

Cavani scored twice in the home game and put United into a half-time lead in Italy, where quickfire goals from ex-Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko and Bryan Cristante turned things around.

De Gea produced some fine saves as Roma pushed the wobbling visitors, before veteran striker Cavani grabbed his second of the night from a fine Bruno Fernandes cross.

Teenage debutant Nicola Zalewski's deflected effort eventually sealed Roma's 3-2 victory on the night, but the damage was done last week and Solskjaer can look forward to his first final as United boss after this 8-5 aggregate triumph.

'I was disappointed with of course conceding so many shots and so many goals,' the 1999 treble hero said.

'It was always going to be an open game because they had to score goals and that was going to make it a chance for us to create chances.

'I think both teams could have scored five more, so it could have been 6-6, 7-6, it could have been a different scoreline.

'But for me now the main thing is we're in a final, we know we have to play better than this but we're here because we've had a centre forward who has scored four goals during the tie, during the two legs.

'Edinson's shown again why we want to keep him at Old Trafford.'

Cavani, who is out of contract this summer, grabbed the goals but De Gea shone brightest in the eternal city.

The long-serving number one flourished at the Stadio Olimpico, staking his claim for a starting role in the final having been displaced by Dean Henderson in the Premier League.

'David was vital, he was man of the match for me, standout performer,' Solskjaer said.

'The final is still three weeks away, so we've got many games but David's put in a very good application in by his performance.

'Proof is always on the pitch. You've got to perform and you keep your place in team when you play well.'

The Europa League final offers United a chance to secure their first silverware since winning the competition in 2017, but they have a lot to deal with before then.

The postponed clash against Liverpool has been rearranged for next Thursday, leaving the Red Devils facing four matches in a mere eight days.

After this match in Rome, Solskjaer leads his side to Aston Villa on Sunday before hosting third-placed Leicester on Tuesday and then Jurgen Klopp's men.

'It's unheard of,' the Norwegian told BT Sport. 'It's made by people who have never played football at this level.

'It's physically impossible for the players. We have not been dealt a good hand.

'We are going to need everyone for these four games. It's a short turnaround but we have to be ready.'

Meanwhile, Roma head coach Paulo Fonseca was left ruing last week's costly second-half collapse at Old Trafford.

'We started very well,' said Fonseca, who will be replaced by Jose Mourinho - the last manager to win a trophy at United - in the summer.

'We had many chances, then they scored with their first opportunity. We had the strength to react.

'We are out because of those terrible 45 minutes in Manchester.

'Today we played a great game, but it wasn't enough.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9552135/Solskjaer-hits-schedule-five-games-15-days-Man-United-reach-Europa-League-final.html
karena demo pas laga United vs Pool ditambah melaju ke final EL jadinya jadwal padat. katanya fans masih mau demo di 2 laga kandang sisa, jangan sampai diundur lagi. untung di PL kalopun sejelek-jeleknya masih bisa lah tetap di zona UCL, minimal peringkat 4 lah, fokus ke final EL saja

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 25
Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, an_setanmerah, Blacklist7, dhodoadrian, Eka Laksana S, fahlevysred, fikrirf, fredrian.seven, Gilangkukuh, goodmin, h-ANG, juliand_fergie, kedangsul, Legolash, penk22_, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, ronald hars, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku, Zulfan